Altered // Stiles Stilinski [...

By kiley0

"The pain's still there. The grief... and shame. But I get it now. Shutting it off, it's a cheat. I mean, you... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
New Cover!!!!
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Salvatore
Summer .1
Summer .2
Summer .3
Summer .4
Contest? *closed*
Summer .5
Book 3

Chapter Three

19.8K 407 248
By kiley0

It was pouring by the time we got back to Beacon Hills and pulled up to the Animal Clinic. Scott threw Derek over his shoulder and rushed him inside as I held the door open.

Deaton threw everything off the examination table, and the four of us all helped lower Derek onto it. Deatons face filled with shock when he finally got a good look at what we were dealing with. I'm not sure anybody's seen anything like this before.

"Wow," he said.

"Wow?" Stiles questioned. "Wow as in, I've seen this before and I know exactly what to do kind of wow? That's kind of the wow I'm hoping for."

"I think you might be overestimating my abilities," said Deaton.

Seeing Derek like this brought back a flood of memories, a place of happiness before everything fell apart. Back then Derek was practically my big brother. Sure, this is him a little older than I remember but, this is the one that would let me put barbie make up on him, play dress up with me and Cora, give me candy before dinner. I missed this Derek.

I grabbed his hand, noticing right away that he felt like ice. "He's cold, really cold,"

Deaton grabbed his other hand, feeling the same temperature as I had. He examined the rest of Derek, shining a light into his eyes to check his pupils.

"Do you think this is permanent?" Scott asked.

"I'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate," said Deaton. "This is well beyond my experience."

"So what do we do?" Stiles asks.

"Until he wakes up?" Deaton said. "Probably not much,"

I continued to hold his hand, placing my hand on the side of his face. Please be okay. I just got you back.

"It might be best to leave him with me," said Deaton, causing my head to shoot up. "He'll be safe here."

"You mean from Kate?" asked Stiles.

"If she's alive and she is who you say she is, she won't be able to walk past that gate."

"Why would she want to do this to him?" I ask, looking at Deaton sadly. I feel Stiles place his hand on my shoulder for comfort.

"Knowing Kate, it probably won't be for any reason that's any good but for her," answered Deaton.

"And bad for everyone else," added Stiles.

Deaton nodded. I place my hand on top of Stiles'; looking back at him, I notice him rolling his neck. It's been a long night, and I know that we're all pretty drained. None of us could have expected this.

"Hey, you guys should probably go home. he doesn't look to be in any danger," said Deaton. "So the rest of you should probably get some sleep? It is a school night. You all need to start taking care of your own lives again."

"Someone should stay with him," said Scott.

"I-I don't think it should be me. I-I can't stand to see him like this." I removed my hand from Derek's and stood up.

"I'll stay," Lydia offered. "My grades are fine. Despite missing a few classes."

"Uh, so not okay with this," muttered Stiles.

"Guys," she looked at the three of us. "Go."

"Text us if anything happens." I gave Lydia a quick hug.

"No, still not okay with this." Stiles said.

I grabbed his arm and pulled him out, Scott following us.

Once we exited the building I noticed that the rain had stopped.

"Do you want me to follow you home? I know it's been kinda a crazy night." Stiles asks me, following me to my car.

"I think i'll be okay. I have a feeling Malia will be coming over any minute so I should be there to let her in."

"She's still staying at your house?"

"Yeah, I mean, she tells me to drop her off at her house but she always comes in late at night. I think it's still hard on her; facing her dad after killing her family. It's okay though, I don't mind her staying over. Her and I have gotten really close."

He smiles at me and kisses my forehead. "Okay, text me when you get home."

"Okay, I will." I lean up and give him a quick kiss on the lips.

***

"It might surprise you to know that some of history's greatest leaders have had to endure some pretty great failures. One you'll recognize from last nights reading failed in business, had a nervous breakdown, was defeated for both houses of Congress, and lost as Vice President, before he was finally elected as one of the greatest presidents that this country has ever seen. Who was he?"

Okay. It's official. I am done with school. Done. D.O.N.E.

Why does Mr. Yukimura have the need to teach us something everyone already knows.

A few people raised there hands to answer the question, me being one of them.

"Malia." He volunteered.

I looked to my right at her. She was frantically highlighted stuff in her book, holding another highlighter in her mouth.

She slowly lifted up her head, looking at me then Scott and Stiles who were in front of us.

A phone rang in class, taking everyone's attention off of Malia and onto Scott.

"Scott, phones off."

I pulled my phone out to see if I had any messages. And I did, from Lydia.

I raised my hand up higher trying to get Mr. Yukimura's attention.

"Malia? One of our greatest presidents. Gettysburg address."

Malia nodded, putting yet another highlighter in her mouth, flipping through pages.

I waved my hand back and forth. Mr. Yukimura looked at me. He looked at me and still didn't call on me.

C'mon, I don't want to answer the question! This is an emergency!

I continued to keep my hand up, practically glaring at Mr. Yukimura.

Another phone beeped, making Mr. Yukimura mad. "Phones off, everyone."

"Malia?"

Malia continued to look quickly through books, looking at everyone.

"Does anyone else know?"

Everyone in the class raised there hands, making Malia move down in her seat.

Another phone then went off.

"I said, phones off!"

"Dad," Kira called out. "That was yours."

"Oh. Um..." He turned around to his desk and pulled his phone out.

"Scott, call Lydia." He said looking down at his phone confused.

I then, finally put my hand down.

***

"I don't think he's just younger in body. I think he's younger in his mind, too." Deaton said as Lydia patched his arm up.

Apparently Derek woke up freaking out and went all psycho-werewolf on Deaton and Lydia.

"He didn't recognize either of us." Lydia explained. "And he looked like he was scared out of his mind."

"Alight," started Stiles. "So if you're a teenage werewolf and you're scared, where do you go?"

"A wolf goes back to its den," said Scott. "But Derek lives in a loft."

"Not when he was a teenager." Stiles pointed out.

"The Hale house," I said. "He went home."

"He wouldn't remember the fire," said Deaton. "it wouldn't have happened yet,"

I immediately moved towards the door, Scott motioning to follow after me. We both stopped when Lydia spoke up behind us. "Hold on, say you do manage to catch up with him, what're you gonna say to him? That his whole family is dead?"

"I guess I'm gonna have to," said Scott.

"Oh, good luck with that." Lydia says sarcastically.

"She's probably right. Maybe you shouldn't." Stiles says to Scott. "You know, at least until we figure out how to get him back to normal."

"I can't lie to him." Says Scott.

"Okay, I'll do it." Stiles offers.

"I don't think any of us can," Scott explains, looking at me. "Remember, he can hear a heartbeat rise."

"When we find him, we tell him the truth"

"If he gets to the house first," Deaton says. "You won't have to."

"Just let me talk to him," I say. "He will listen to me."

***

When we didn't find Derek at the Hale house Scott got his scent which led us to the Police Station. The three of us rushed out and into the building. Scott and Stiles skidded to a halt in front of me when they reached the doorway, causing me to crash into them. But, sure enough, there was Derek sitting on a bench, with a very confused and very angry looking Sheriff Stilinski looking over at us.

"I'll handle this," he said to his deputies. He waved us over to follow him into his office.

I closed the door behind us when we all filed inside. Sheriff Stilinski leaned back against his desk, scanning each of us. My heart was pounding.

"Alright, I need you to be absolutely and completely honest," he began. "Have you been time traveling?"

My eyebrows shot up. Time traveling? Of all the things in this town, and he goes with time traveling. I notice Scott and Stiles fidgeting next to me as well.

"Hang on, what?" Stiles asks shaking his head.

"Because if time traveling is real, you know what I'm done! I'm out! You're gonna be driving me to Eichen House!" He exclaimed, waving his hands around like Stiles does. That must be where he gets it.

"We found him like that," said Scott.

The Sheriff's expression only grew more confused. "Where? Swimming in the Fountain of Youth?"

"No," Stiles said nonchalantly. "We found him buried in a tomb of wolfsbane in an Aztec temple in Mexico underneath a church in the middle of a town that was destroyed by an earthquake."

I shook my head at the ground, rolling my eyes.

"You told me you were camping," hissed the sheriff, looking directly at his son.

"Yeah, we were," Stiles said, his voice light. "It was-- it was in Mexico."

"Derek's been aged backwards," I said, trying to steer the conversation back to the matter at hand. "He can't remember anything."

"We just need to talk to him," said Stiles, giving me a side glance.

Sheriff Stilinski shrunk back, shaking his head. "Well so far he's not talking to anybody."

I turned towards the window where I could see the back of Derek's head through the blinds. He knows me, even if he doesn't know the 17 year-old me, he still knows me. I can get through to him.

"He'll talk to me." I said.

The Sheriff nodded. I glanced at Scott and Stiles before walking out of the office, the two following behind me. I moved to stand in front of Derek, a crease forming between his eyebrows as he looked at me. I squatted down to get eye level with him.

"Derek, it's Brianna," I said. "Do you remember me?"

"Yeah, I remember you. Do you remember me? Last time I saw you my mom was taking your memories away." His eyes searched me up and down.

"Yeah, I remember you." I smiled, placing my hand on his knee.

"You look different."

"I know," I said, keeping my voice soft.

"Why do you look different?"

I hesitated, making sure to focus on keeping my heartbeat steady. He can't know I'm lying to him, he'd never trust us then.

"There was an accident," I said. "You lost some of your memories, but we can help you get them back.

"How much memory?" He asked.

"A lot," I sighed. "But you can trust us. You can trust me."

"What about them? I don't know them." He asked, pointing at Scott and Stiles.

I looked at Scott, bobbing my head towards Derek. He needs to know just who we are if we have any chance of getting through to him. Scott seemed to get where I was going and squatted down next to me. I watched him as he flashed his bright red Alpha eyes.

"You're an Alpha?" Derek asked. He looked back at me then back to Scott. "Okay, who are you? Who is he?"

Derek was looking at Stiles, who seemed to be snooping at something on his dad's desk. "Oh, we're the guys keeping you out of jail."

I gave him a look before turning back to Derek. "Let us help you."

"No," he said, shaking his head.

"Derek, you need us, okay?" I said.

"Dude, you almost tore apart two cops back there. You need to listen to us. And that starts with no fangs, no claws, no wolf man. You got that?" said Stiles.

"I'm fine as long as it's not the full moon." says Derek.

"You still have trouble with the full moon?" Scott asked.

"I said I'm fine."

"All right, you coming with us or not?" asked Stiles.

"You want me to trust you?" Derek retorted. He turned to me. "Where's my family?"

I sucked in a deep breath, focusing on my heartbeat. How do you tell someone that there entire family is dead?

"Look, there was a fire and.." I began but Scott cut me off. "They're not here anymore. They're fine. Just had to move out of Beacon Hills."

My eyes widen at Scott. Why did he lie to him? We should have just told him the truth.

"And we're going to take you to them," Scott continued. "As soon as we figure out how to get your memories back."

Derek looked at me. "Well, where's your family? Are all of you back living here?"

I could feel my heart drop to my stomach.

"Yeah," I said, swallowing back the lump in my throat. "We're back."

Derek sighed. "Okay."

I smiled lightly at him, standing back up. The Sheriff came back over to us, handing Derek some paper work and ushering us off to the side. I stood in between Scott and Stiles, watching Derek as he talked with a deputy. My hands were still shaking from lying to Derek.

"I shouldn't have done that," Scott said. "I lied my ass off."

"Hey, your ass is fine," said Stiles, earning an odd look from me. "You saved him a ton of unnecessary pain. We figure this whole thing out in a day or two, he goes back to being old Derek, and everyone's happy. Well, except for Derek who's never happy."

"It's just another person that we're lying to." Scott said. "Just that I always feel like it's better when we tell the truth."

"With Lydia, my mom, your dad." He looked at Stiles.

"But that is Derek Hale in there," said Stiles, pointing at him. " He may be a kid right now, but he's still Derek Hale."

"Alright, take him to my house and don't let him out of your sight," said Scott.

"And where are you going?" Stiles asked him.

"I'm gonna go talk to the guy we should've talked to before," Scott said beginning to walk away.

"Uhh," droned Stiles. "Yeah, I hate that guy."

"Well, I don't hate that guy!" I called out to Scott. "I'll come with you."

***

Wow!!!! I do believe this is one of the longest chapters I've ever wrote, haha! I try and make each chapter about 1500 words to 1900 words and this chapter had almost 2500 words. Anyways! As always... PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!!!!

P.S. I also would like to get to know my readers better so I'm going to ask a question or two at the end of each chapter!

QUESTION: HOW OLD ARE YOU GUYS? (I am 16!)

-Kiley

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 116K 65
โ†ณ โ [ INSANITY ] โž โ” yandere alastor x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
133K 2.9K 32
๐ŸŽต๐™ž๐™› ๐™„ ๐™ก๐™ค๐™จ๐™š ๐™ข๐™ฎ๐™จ๐™š๐™ก๐™› ๐™„ ๐™ก๐™ค๐™จ๐™š ๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™–๐™ก๐™ก ๐ŸŽต 2 years ago laineys normal day to day life was turned upside down by her very own husband...
33.5K 879 15
Jungkook was the next alpha of Blue Moon pack . He even though not against the idea of mates still was not so supportive of the idea. Yn was not so...
144K 2.9K 15
โNote to self, the good boys don't just mend a girl's heart. They break them.โž Note To Self [season one] Copyright ยฉ 2017, BeautyAndMarie_