The Fertility Mark (Book 1)

By grizzie-grey

NOT EDITED VERSION. Delilah got a huge responsibility on her shoulders at the age of 17 when her parents die... More

Authors Note
Sheldon
Ice Cream
Dandelions
Stranger Danger
Maeve
Aunt Georgina
"Werewolf" Movie
Stalker Mate
Unnoticed Acceptance
Cursed Mate
House Rules
Dimitri
Mark
Mad Mate
Secret Closet
New Mate
Millennium Honey Boo
Female Guards
Bloody Message
Unexpected Things
Mall Confession
Locked Mate
Guardian Chickens
Vampire Queen
Surprise Powers
Maximus Speaks
The Matthews
Royal Months
Declarations
Vampire Hunters
Mate Maeve
Wrong Move?
Blobs
Eveline Anya
Victoria Secret's Secret
Bloody Lips
Reunited
Alex's Daughter
Double Spy
Home at Last
The Ugly Truth
Maid-of-honor
The Plans
The Date
Wedding Crashers
The Births
Death
Surprise Surprise
Epilogue
Sequel News

Alaska

65.5K 2.4K 276
By grizzie-grey

Even though it was slowly killing me, I was feet away from Alex as we continued watching the movie. Ali was in the middle of both of us, hogging the popcorn as I ever so often, stole glances to my side to see what he was doing.

His big, bulging arms were crossed across his chest and he had the cutest pout ever. He sighed heavily and emotionally when Carl and Ellie got married and moved to their broken house before taking a peek at me as well. I smiled, shook my head and continued watching UP as I stole handfuls of the popcorn.

I was too busy paying attention to Carl as he plucked the balloons one by one from his house that I barely noticed my hand touching something else besides popcorn. I didn't think of it much until I brought it up to my mouth and bit it, getting a noise from it and a toothache.

"Ouch! Did I just......."

"Did you just bite my hand? Yes. Yes you did," Alex laughed as Ali rolled her eyes and moved underneath his hand so she was now sitting feet from the television. Not even two seconds after she moved, he jumped closer to me so now I was squished between him and the armrest of the couch while still holding his hand. "I didn't know you liked to bite. Well so do I," he murmured in my ear and softly nipped my earlobe. I shuddered, dropped his hand and faced him.

"It was an accident. Now can you please move? You're in my bubble," I gulped. Ever since he told me what "mark" meant, I was too nervous to be around him. I for sure wasn't ready to be marked, let alone do the steps that followed that.

"I popped that bubble long ago," he breathed as he kissed my neck. I shivered and quickly looked at Ali, who was grinning at Russell as he met Kevin. "You gave up your space when you accepted me."

"Well can I have some breathing room?" I managed to gasp and he moved an inch. I gulped and moments later sighed in relief when he finally moved far enough for me to have some space, but he was still touching me.

We were at the point when they were all running away from the dogs when he stretched over to whisper in my ear. "So when do you want to leave? I can have our stuff ready to leave by tomorrow morning if you wish. I'll make sure that someone from the pack that's nearby comes by every week to tend to the house. So what do you say?"

I looked down at my hands, taking my focus away from the movie. I shrugged and whispered, "I don't know. I don't know if we are moving too fast. I mean I barely know you. We just met not even week ago and I'm already thinking about moving in with you. This is crazy!"

He made me look up at him and he spoke with sincerity as he looked into my eyes. "I completely understand what you are saying. But in my world, once mates meet, they move in the same day. They are meant to be with them for the rest of their lives so why prolong the future? I'm sorry if I'm rushing you into this but it's what I'm used to."

"That's ok. I guess I don't have a choice into changing what you're used to. I am only a human and you are a supernatural creature that shouldn't even exist. My life already took a wide turn so why not just take another leap, right?"

He smiled and grabbed both of my hands. "So you want to leave today?"

"What about school? We are both still in it and I'm graduating this year. Plus I can't just take out Alice without a good enough explanation."

"Just say your Aunt Georgina died and left you a big inheritance. You have to leave and go live at her palace to get it," he smirked and I gasped. I slapped his chest, regretting it immediately as it was basically hitting a rock and he frowned. "Don't hurt yourself," he murmured as he grabbed my reddening palm and kissed it. I blushed and looked away as he kissed his finger before gently placing it in my lap. "So?"

"I guess," I breathed a few moments later without looking at him. He swooped me up into his lap and I heard a loud purring coming from him as he rocked me back and forth while his face was on my neck.

"You won't regret it."

*

*

*

*

I couldn't believe our schools were stupid enough to believe that lie. I guess our Aunt Georgina was indeed a good luck charm!

Alex was completely right about every single word he said. When the movie ended, he took us out for the rest of the day so by the time we got back, Ali and me were so exhausted, we completely passed out. At exactly seven in the morning, he woke me up, handing me some change of clothes and then pushed me into the bathroom.

"How did you even get in?" I yawned as I was still trying to get my legs to move from my spot. I heard what I guessed was his fist lightly hit the door and an arousing growl coming from him.

"I let myself in. Now hurry up before I go in there myself and wash you up. And trust me, if I go in there, we WILL miss our flight."

I squeaked, rushed away from the door and hopped in. Forty-five minutes later, I walked out dressed and ready and frowned as I saw him handing me my boots. "It's not cold."

"Yeah. I know. But it is in Alaska. Just trust me on this."

"I still need to pack our clothes."

"Already done. Everything has been done since yesterday, but you didn't notice because you were wiped out from all of our activities."

"Huh. So that's why you spoiled us at the carnival. I thought you had something up your sleeve but I couldn't put my mind on it."

"You'll thank me sooner or later. Now come on let's go! Alice has been waiting for the past fifteen minutes."

"Well beauty can't be made by its own," I joked as I fluffed my hair out. He stopped me mid step and cupped my face.

"That's not true. You're already beautiful as you are."

I couldn't respond to that. I was frozen in my spot as his green eyes dug into my hazel ones and the world slowly moved closer so it was only us. My pupils widened when I saw him leaning in, his eyes trained on my lips as I licked them. He was inches away when a voice startled us away. "Come ooonnnn! I'm starving and you promised there would be food in the jet!" Ali shouted.

"Right. Let's go," I mumbled and walked away. I heard him cuss and then silently follow us to the running car at the front of the house. Once it was in motion, I looked out the back window, keeping my eyes on the memories from my childhood before they faded away.

*

*

*

What seemed like twenty years, an impatient child and two movies later, we finally reached Alaska. As soon as the door opened, I felt the sharp wind and I was now glad for the choice of wardrobe someone had picked out: long sleeve purple shirt, dark blue skinny jeans, my black jacket, a white scarf and my black boots. Ali was wearing something similar to me, but she had a white shirt instead and grey scarf.

"Where are we?" I asked Alex as I stepped into the ground. We were literally in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by trees and the control tower. There was only one runway -which we were occupying- and a black sports car that looked exactly like the one he had been driving around. No other human/supernatural being was around and I was getting scared.

"Don't be scared. This is part of my property so it's completely safe," he murmured as he ushered us to the car. "There are wolves surrounding us at the moment, but they are hiding in the trees so you won't get frightened by them. They are here to escort us back to the house."

I gulped and nodded before he opened the door and I slowly got in. Seconds after he closed it, he hopped in himself and turned on the engine, blasting the heat on.

"Aren't you cold?" I asked him once I noticed he was only wearing a long sleeve black shirt that showed off everything. And yes ladies and gentlemen, I ogled at him for a few moments before looking away.

He smiled. "Nope. Us werewolves run at a higher temperature than you humans. We don't get cold that easily."

"So you're my own huggable, warm bear. Awww," I laughed as I poked his cheek and he frowned.

"I'm a wolf, not a bear."

"Whatever," I quickly said and then I heard a howl. A few more howls followed that one and I looked out the window just as two large wolfs appeared right next to the car on my side. I gasped and quickly moved closer to Alex, who just laughed and grabbed my hand.

"Don't worry. Those are just my Alpha and Beta. They are assigned to guard the Royal family at times like this."

"Cool," Ali breathed and opened up her window. I shuddered as the cold wind entered, but rolled my eyes as she stuck her head out -as Alex slowed down of course- and waved to them. "Hi!"

I saw as both of them nodded and my mouth fell open as one of them even barked while the other one stuck out its tongue. Alex just laughed and sped on ahead as Ali came back in.

"I know I might sound crazy, but I want to ride on a wolfs back soon! My own personal dog that I can actually sit on!" She laughed and I quickly looked over at Alex to see if he was offended. She had just called them dogs.

"I'll see what I can do. And we are wolves Alice. Not dogs," he chuckled as he kept his eyes on the road.

"Same thing," she scoffed and I sighed. Oh boy. We haven't even been in Alaska for an hour and she is already giving me a headache.

After twenty minutes of driving around the forest, the car began to slow down and I looked up. As the huge structure slowly came into view, I gulped and couldn't help but to stretch out a hand behind me so Ali could take it.

"Welcome to your new home ladies," Alex murmured.

Eeeeeek! We are in Alaska!! I have NEVER been to Alaska or ever been on any kind of plane so please don't say I have stuff wrong. Just imagine all of this is true for all of our sakes!! Lol hope y'all like and please comment and vote!!! Thanks!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 3.2K 26
Cover made by dogpower77 - Raven is just like any other 18 year old on the planet, with a few exceptions. One, she's a Werewolf. A Werewolf that wi...
138K 4.3K 37
Hello, this story is not good. It was written by a depressed young tween who didn't understand what an abusive relationship is. I'm only keeping it u...
1.5M 38.6K 35
His heart was cold, which perfectly matched his personality. He was a ruthless man, who only cared about himself and was very arrogant. She was...
1.1M 41.6K 49
Liam was actually excited to find his mate. It would be nice to have someone to help him with pack business. Keeping the borders safe and punishing r...