Isadora

By enticingflaws

Isadora's life was nothing but normal. No matter how much she tried, she would be forever haunted by the supe... More

foreword
1| Day 53,656
2| Laced
3| Salvatore
4| Amore
5| Sól
6| The Siphoner
7| Hope
8| The Lovely Prisoner
10| Grave Peril
11| Ashes
12| Birthday
13| Past Heartaches
14| 150 Years Later
15| Revelations
16| Mending The Broken Heart
17| Better Love
18| Eclipse
19| Reunion
20| Normal
21| New Friends
22| Accusations
23| Secrets
24| Lacrosse
25| Kaleb
26| Motives

9| Lovesick

170 7 7
By enticingflaws

    I sat on the steps of our house, waiting until mother arrived from spending time with her friends. She promised to be home by three in the afternoon, but an hour has passed the time mother said she would come home.

    "Isadora, what are you doing alone outside?" Damon asked from behind me. "Shouldn't you be playing with the other nine-year-olds in our town?" He asked. I was planning to play a couple of games of hide-and-seek with my friends, but I wanted to wait for our mother.

    "I am waiting for mother; she told me she would teach me how to prepare steamed vegetables after her rendezvous with her friends."

    Damon let out a small chuckle, "but you are only nine." He sat down beside me, as we both watched the birds fly. Crows always scared me. I felt like their beak would nip at my face as their claws tore me apart. It was an ominous creature.

    "And you are only eighteen. Does father know when she will be home?" I asked.

    "I do not know, and I would ask him, but he left at noon in a rush."

    "Did he tell you why?"

    "No, but you can ask him right now," Damon said. I looked straight ahead to see him walking towards us; grief loomed over his face. I ran to hug him.

   "Is mother with you?" I asked, looking up at him.

   "Lillian told me to keep it from you Isadora, but she has been very sick for the past few weeks. She later found out that she indeed had consumption. I sent her away today."

    "No," I whispered. "No!" I yelled.

    "Okay, so you don't want to be freed?" Kai asked. There was a raspy tone to his voice, something that wasn't there before. It wasn't just his voice either; his shoes were all muddy.

    I looked at my surroundings; I was still in the dungeon. I thought I was back home in 1858. "I just had a bad dream."

    He unlocked the shackles around my wrists, "what was it about?"

    "It was the day my mother was sent away by my father. I never saw her again after that," I said.

    "I guess we all have demons that haunt us from time to time," he said.

    "Are you sick?" I asked, pressing the back of my hand on his forehead and neck. "You're hot."

    "Took you long enough to realize," he said as we walked upstairs. The room I was kept in was in the basement of the large house.

    "I am not kidding. You are sick."

    "It's just a cold. I went somewhere this morning, and it was raining. I couldn't find shelter, and I was locked out of the car."

    "That's what you get for locking me up," I said. "But seriously, you should go rest."

    "What are you some doctor?" He asked, raising his eyebrows.

    "No, but I don't need to be to know that you need some rest. I'll make you some soup," I offered.

    "Fine," he started walking to stairs. "Whatever you do, don't make tomato soup."

    "Duly noted."

    After thirty minutes of making creamy corn soup, I was finally finished. It was a good thing Kai brought some food. My mother never had the chance to teach me the dishes she made for us at home, so I read tons of cookbooks back in my prison world.

    I would do anything to have a day with my mother again. We were not the picture perfect family, but I loved them so much. I used to question my father's love for me because of the way he treated Damon and how he didn't even think twice about sending me away.

     I opened the door where Kai was tucked into bed, he was fiddling with his fingers. "Finally, I thought I was lying in my death bed." He joked as he sat up.

    "Well, you will be resurrected after you die anyway," I said as I set the tray on the bedside table. "You knew I tried killing myself multiple times in my prison world but did you?"

    "I can't even count how many times," he admitted. "When you told me you tried committing suicide, I felt that someone could finally understand me. That's why I kept bothering you and following you. I didn't want to be alone with my thoughts."

    I dipped the hand towel in a bowl of cold water. Then I placed it on his forehead to lower the fever.

    "I know exactly how you feel, when I learnt that I was in another prison world, I was absolutely devastated. However, at least I was with someone, you may not be my first choice, but I'm glad you are here with me Kai." I said as I handed him a thermometer.

   "Isadora, you made my personal hell feel like heaven," he chewed on his bottom lip.

    "Here just finish this soup and call me if you want more or if you are finished," I instructed as I stood up from the edge of the bed.

    He grabbed my hand, "why are you doing this? Why are you avoiding me again?"

    "Sorry if I wanted to shower," I said looking at the way his hand was holding mine.

    "Do you think I don't notice how you always change the subject or ignore me when I try to flirt with you?" He asked, his hand was still holding mine, he could let go, but he did not. I could let go, but I didn't.

    "Well, what do you want me to say?" I asked.

    "I don't know," he whispered. "I know you still love Kol, so this is pointless," he let go of my hand.

    I looked down at the floor, "was I the girl you were talking about in the hospital?"

    "Yeah, I wouldn't just treat anyone like this. You're different Isadora, and there's something in the way you carry yourself that I love. I know the only thing in your heart and mind right now is your family and Kol, and based on your stories, they sound like they're dead. But knowing you, you will forever have them there, and there's no room for the psychotic siphoner. I should have realized that sooner," he admitted.

    Kai was different from my suitors back in Mystic Falls. I barely knew the guys who lined up at my doorstep, and they barely knew me. They were only there because I was part of the Founding Families. None of them were there for who I was. They weren't there because they slowly fell in love with me when I told them stories of my life. They didn't hear me laugh or cry. They weren't there for my bad days or good days.

    "The important thing was you confessed your feelings. You tried, and that's good enough for me."

    "But that's not good enough for me!" He yelled, but he calmed down. "Do you love me?"

    "I will always care for you-"

    "Isadora answer my question."

    "I don't think so," I sucked in my cheeks as I looked away from him.

    "Thank you for your honesty and your soup. It's the best I ever had in a long time."

    "You're welcome," I said as I turned around to leave.

    "One more question," he said which stopped me from walking out the door. "How come you loved Kol so quickly?"

    "We were physically attracted to each other in the beginning, but then we got to know each other. I loved everything about him, and so did he." I answered, walking out the door. Walking away from the chance to love someone again.

a/n First and foremost, HOW DO YOU GUYS FEEL ABOUT KAI HAVING FEELINGS FOR ISADORA? Was it obvious? What are your thoughts about Isadora's past?

Secondly, I would like to thank all of you for the reads, comment and votes. It's greatly appreciated!

I hope this GIF of Chris Wood makes your day a little better :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 64.6K 131
[BOOK ONE IN THE LIFELINE SERIES] life·line ˈlīfˌlīn/ noun "A person you can always depend on to help you in a really messed up situation where you n...
1M 18.3K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
875K 40.6K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
139K 5.1K 87
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...