Isadora

enticingflaws tarafından

Isadora's life was nothing but normal. No matter how much she tried, she would be forever haunted by the supe... Daha Fazla

foreword
1| Day 53,656
2| Laced
3| Salvatore
4| Amore
5| Sól
6| The Siphoner
7| Hope
9| Lovesick
10| Grave Peril
11| Ashes
12| Birthday
13| Past Heartaches
14| 150 Years Later
15| Revelations
16| Mending The Broken Heart
17| Better Love
18| Eclipse
19| Reunion
20| Normal
21| New Friends
22| Accusations
23| Secrets
24| Lacrosse
25| Kaleb
26| Motives

8| The Lovely Prisoner

156 7 7
enticingflaws tarafından

    I woke up in a room with nothing but bricks for walls. My arms were shackled onto the wall; the only source of sunlight was from the small window behind me. I opened my jaw slowly; the pain was still there. I don't know how long I've been out, but this was unacceptable.

    "Kai!" I yelled.

    "Good morning sleeping beauty." He appeared through the window of the door, smiling.

    "What are you up to?"

    "I'm feeding breakfast to my lovely prisoner," he opened the door. He carried a tray filled with toast, scrambled eggs, water, medicine and ice.

    "It would be lovely if your prisoner was not restrained with these uncomfortable and unstylish chains," I said. My arms were already feeling tired.

    "Then, you wouldn't be a lovely prisoner; you would just be lovely." He winked.

    I sighed, "how long have I been here?"

    "Since yesterday evening, I got you good." He laughed to himself while he sat down next to me. "Open your mouth," he held the toast in front of my mouth. I wasn't going to be stubborn and starve, so I bit onto the golden brown bread.

    "When will I be released from this incessant madness?"

    "Depends when I want you to be," he grinned.

    "You can't keep me here forever. I need to pee."

    "Wet your pants. I don't care." He fed me another forkful of scrambled eggs, followed by a sip of water. For someone who claims they don't care, he puts a lot of effort into feeding me.

    "That's cruel, that's on a whole new level of devious scheming," I squinted my eyes.

    "I level up each day. you know you should tell me another one of your stories. Since I did prepare breakfast for you."

    "You would not have to go through all this trouble of cooking and feeding me if you did not shackle me onto the wall."

    "The next thing I will feed you is this fork," he held up the fork. Kai always loved threatening me with utensils.

    "Fine, what do you want to know Chef Kai?"

    "What happened when Kol came back to see you?" He asked.

    I sighed, talking about Kol was like opening and playing with my healing wounds. I need to leave them untouched until they fully healed until I no longer felt pain when I heard his name. "Kol came back a week after he promised to see me again."

FLASHBACK

    I was headed to fetch Emily vegetables from the market when I felt I was being followed, so I sped up the pace. The streets were filled with people, no one would dare to hurt me, so I turned around, but no one was there. I was scaring myself for nothing.

    "Looking for me love?" Kol asked; standing in front of me.

    "You came back," I smiled. I thought his promise was just a joke.

    "I would be an idiot if I didn't try to see you again Isadora Salvatore." He added, "I also wanted to warn you about my brother, Niklaus. He knows I did not kill you. He's infuriated with me for showing mercy to a commoner. I am afraid he is planning to hurt you."

    I remembered Niklaus, blood covered the tips of his blond hair, along with his face and clothes. I will not forget his complexion when he was in his vampire form.

    "I am not scared of him."

    "I admire your braveness, for I am not scared of him and his petty threats. I do not want him to hurt you. It was my fault that he knew you were still alive, I was telling my sister, Rebekah, about you and he overheard. I'm sorry for putting your life in danger." He said, grabbing my hands.

    "Are all your sibling's vampires?" I asked.

    "Yeah, the same person turned us," he admitted.

    "It seems that we both have messed up families."

   "Do you want me to take you back to Mystic Falls?" He asked. My father is no longer alive, there is nothing stopping me from leaving.

    "Emily cast a spell on me the day I got here. I cannot leave The French Quarter unless she undoes the spell. I already asked, but she refuses to," I explained.

    Why does Emily want to keep me here? She will not be lectured by my dead father for letting me leave. I have two brothers back in Mystic Falls who were waiting for me.

    "Well, you may not have your family, but you have me."

    "So did that Niklaus guy ever hunt you down?" Kai asked.

    "You only get one question about my past per day," I said. 

    He pressed the bag of ice on my jaw. "Ow," I complained.

    "Sorry," he applied less pressure.

    He held my head in place. His face only inches away from mine. I stared at his face while he looked at the ice; he was attractive. Kai was one of those people whose facial features worked well together, and he knew it. He boasted about being handsome, and he was not wrong. Many girls probably admired him for his looks before he was sent here.

    I wondered what it was like to be Malachai Parker. To be treated differently because he was a siphoner. He was forced to be the person he was today because no one showed him compassion. No one made him feel like he was normal. Instead, they shoved the fact that he could not do magic, so he resorted to violence.

   I was luckier than Kai. I experienced love from my family and Kol; I had great memories to hold on to keep me sane. But now he has me, like how I have him. I zoned back to reality. He was still staring at the damn ice. I moved my head away from the ice and leaned in to kiss his cheek. "That's for not killing me when you had the chance to."

    "You're welcome, Isadora. I'm glad I didn't kill you." He was headed for the door.

    "Where are you going?"

    "I'm going to protect you even though you think I'm here to hurt you." He turned away from me, "you'll be released right after lunch."

    "I used to believe you wanted to hurt me because you didn't have anyone else to hurt. I don't think that anymore. I think you're learning how to live with someone else; someone you don't want to hurt. And sometimes, it doesn't go your way, and you end up hurting me. Kai, no matter how many times you hurt me, I will still forgive you for it. I'm here to help you learn."

    He left without a response, leaving me once again. He always ends up leaving me, but the next day, the next week, the next month, he's always back. Kai leaves because he does not want to hurt me, but he comes back. Kai always comes back, because no matter how much you declare you want to be alone, you never truly want to be alone.

a/n Why do you think Kai trapped Isadora? What is he hiding from her? What do you guys think about Kol and Isadora so far? I know I haven't given you much information about their relationship, nevertheless, tell me what you guys think.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share this story!

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

949K 36K 86
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...
155K 7.2K 52
Four siblings, two elder brothers and two younger sisters living with their rich parents!! Get ready to enter the life of these siblings and their fa...
570K 12.8K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1.1M 44.3K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...