Twin Tussle ✔

By TheEuphoricWriter

[COMPLETED] Blood is thicker than water...Or is it? The first time I saw Harley Martinez, my heart did five s... More

☆| Introduction
☆| Prologue
2| Misery
3| Confession
4| Nostalgia
5| Selfish
6| Hunt
7| Bad boy
8| Change
9| Reality
10| Heartbreak
11| Chains
☆| Author's Note
12| Fourteen
13| Encounter
14| Shock
15| Melancholy
16| Kiss
17| Truth
☆| Qs and As
18| Settled
19| Rage
20| Past
21| Senseless
22| Lost
23| Guilt
24| Official
25| Surprise
26| Together
27| Sacrifice
28| Trouble
29| Infuriated
30| Revenge
31| Sorry
32| Justice
33| Apology
34| Forgiveness
35| Date
☆| Epilogue
UPDATE

1| Notice

8.5K 358 243
By TheEuphoricWriter

Dedicated to: Theo_FOUR

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Just because we don't talk doesn't mean I don't think about you. I'm just trying to distance myself because I know I can't have you..."

~ Wiz Khalifa

Connor

It was Friday, we were in our high-school. As I began removing the books from the locker, I spotted Caleb chilling with his friends. He was laughing, having so much fun joking around.

'How could he?' I thought 'am I the only one devastated?'

I sighed; we had to do something about this. If we both advance Harley together, we would end up fighting and things would get out of hand; to fight with him over a girl was the last thing I had on my mind. With a heavy heart, I walked up to him.

"Caleb, we need to talk" I exclaimed, gritting my teeth.

"We are talking" he replied with a chuckle and his friends joined him. To hide the embarrassment, I smiled and rolled my eyes. Didn't he see how important this was?

I dragged him to a corner and muttered "One of us has to approach Ley now, it's-"

"Wait..." he cut me off "Who is Ley?"

"It's Harley" I pursed my lips and shook my head "and it's high time Caleb; it has been two months since we discussed about it"

"Dude" he grinned shyly "Ley is like..." he sighed, running his hands through his hair and whistled.

"I'll approach her" I told him.

"Wait what? No, I'll do it first" he flinched.

"Listen, there is more chance that she'd like you, so let me try first because..." I looked away "...I'm such a weirdo; I'm not even that famous or appealing"

I could see his anger materialize into sympathy as he slid his arm round my shoulder "If you weren't appealing, Kimberly would never have let you kiss her"

My eyes widened as the halcyon past flooded mind. All the memories, the good times, flashed before my eyes. I restrained my mind from thinking about it because it hurt whenever I did. I had to lock these memories away, forever.

"Please do not talk about her Caleb, don't ever" I breathed "back to Ley, let me do it first"

"No" he slightly recoiled.

"What about Gina?" I gritted my teeth, raising my voice this time "You're already in a relationship with her!"

"So what?" he said casually "there's a thing called 'breaking up'"

"But she likes you Caleb, a lot actually"

"Fuck that" he snarled "Who cares? I'll approach Ley first and this topic is closed for the day" he turned around and walked away, leaving me bewildered staring at his back.

I had no idea that Caleb would become so aggressive over a girl. He suddenly had control over me and decided what to do. It was so not fair. But I let it go, assuming that he was into Ley as much as I was. Miserably, I walked up to my friends who were waiting by the side.

"He's such a dick" muttered my Hispanic friend, Alberto "Puta"

Damon, my other friend, choked on his water and chortled "I don't know what that means but that sounds fucking awesome"

"It means 'bitch'" I said but stopped shortly "Wait, you were eavesdropping?"

Damon pointed at Alberto "He was"

"See who's being a bitch now" Alberto walked toward me "You never told the two most important people in your life that you're into someone?"

I sighed, shaking my head. Finally, I persuaded them that I was nervy, embarrassed and apologized. They forgave me of course. They were indeed, two of the most important people for me. We formed a trio when we were sophomores and have been inseparable since. We have had numerous comical and melancholic times together. We have shared stuff that we never shared with anyone.

But little did they know that Caleb was the most important person to me. He is my best friend, a companion, and a brother. I know no matter how rude he is to me, he always empathizes with me and he will always apologize.

-----------------------------------------------------------

During lunch time, I sat with my food on an empty table. Alberto and Damon were not there yet. I munched on a cheese sandwich and looked around, until she caught my eye.

Harley Martinez sat two tables away from me, toward the left. She was snickering along with three other girls. Her blonde hair tumbled all over her shoulders, her lips twisted into a perfect smile before she giggled. A sculptor could not have fashioned her perfectly arched jaw line, the marquise-shaped cat eyes and pixie's nose any better. Mind-blowing.

Did she deserve a guy like Caleb? I asked myself. She deserved so much better; so much better than a guy who stalks other girls when he's in a relationship, has been frequently called to the Principal's office and gets wasted every Friday night.

I was so glued into my thoughts that I didn't take in that I was smiling; when Damon snapped his finger in front of my face, I backed away and realized that I probably looked like a creep.

"You okay buddy?" Alberto asked "You looked like a hungry dog who hasn't fucked for decades" A few people around us snickered under their breaths.

"Take a seat Damon" I ushered him to sit down, smiling awkwardly.

Just then, I saw Ley getting off her seat with her tray and walking toward the exit. When she walked past me, her slender pencil heels dug into a crack in the tile and she almost tripped.

Like a madman I jumped of my seat and caught her by her waist. Her tray fell down, her unfinished coffee spilling all over the floor.

Slowly, she looked up at me and her grass-green eyes met mine "Wow thanks, I would've got my clothes all dirty if I had fallen over that coffee" her sweet voice rang and echoed in my ears.

"It was my pleasure" I exclaimed, breathing and feeling her nearness.

"I can't be the only one who suddenly wants to watch Spider Man" said Damon.

I shook away from my thoughts and realized I was still gripping her. Shyly, I shrunk back from her, my heart thudding violently against my chest. I could feel my face reddening.

The people around us whose attention I had drawn, turned back to mind their own business. Ley took a seat with us. Alberto was sitting still and Damon was fiddling with his fingers. Ley was so gorgeous; she never failed to impress anyone.

"Where's your twin brother?" she asked, beaming.

"I don't know" I shrugged timidly "Might be wandering around somewhere"

"Thanks again" she beamed at me "You're so much like Caleb"

At first, I thought she meant that we looked alike. But when she said "I find Caleb quite appealing, you know you're just like him, compassionate, cute, generous..."

"What?" I smiled uneasily "You find Caleb generous?" I could see the petrified expressions of my friends, their jaws dropped wide open.

"Uh, yeah" she shrugged "I mean, he's a really good person and..."

I did not hear the rest as her voice trailed off. The surroundings became silent. I could see her talking but I couldn't hear her. I was drawn into that zone again. The zone that I feared the most. The zone that ruined me in the past. I was in it again.

I have been into this girl for the past three years now. She finally noticed me but I had a sick feeling about this, what if she liked Caleb?

/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/

Phew, that took a lot of effort. I feel delighted to know that there are people out there reading my work, It's a great achievement actually, at least for a beginner :D

Attached a picture of Harley Martinez (Peyton List) in this chapter (~_^)

Thanks to all of you angels out there who took their time to read my book! I'll make sure the upcoming chapters will be more gluing if this wasn't.

All suggestions are welcome! If there is anything you guys find inappropriate, out of context or any grammar mistake, please let me know :)

Please vote and share this story if you find it intriguing!

Love, K.

/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.4K 9.1K 35
One HIGH SCHOOL, Two STUDENTS One a HOT JOCK The other an AWKWARD NERD Both HATE each other UNTIL, One DAY, Everything CHANGES LOVE awakens... And...
23.8K 678 23
Book 1 to Loving Series **** Julieta Jane Jasper also known as JJ is a girl filled with surprises and many secrets that no one knows. She is...
32.1K 1K 28
"I told you to leave me alone. Are you stalking me?" I asked the little shits. "Of course not! Rude much?" Noah gasped, his hand over his heart. "I a...
104K 1.7K 54
"I try so hard to be just friends but you sure don't make it easy." He averts his gaze from mine, and I wish he'd just look me in the face. "I don't...