All the Ways

By electricxheat

title inspiration: All the Ways by Wet "I don't ever wanna leave you, I never wanna be alone again." johnny g... More

i
ii
iii
v
vi
vii
viii
ix
x
xi
xii
xiii
xiv
xv
xvi
xvii
xviii
xix
xx
xxi
xxii
xxiii
xxiv
xxv
xxvi
xxvii
xxviii
xxix
xxx
xxxi
xxxii
xxxiii
xxxiv

iv

903 14 1
By electricxheat

The line rang four times before Johnny heard Paige's voice, "Hello?"

"Hey, why haven't you texted me back?" He huffed.

"Sorry, I'm at work. I just went on break. What's up?"

He felt bad for badgering her, "Uh, can you--would you like to go to my game tonight with Amber and Viv?"

She smiled, "I'd love to. I get off at around 5, when does the game start?"

"Seven. But I have to be at the rink soon. Is there any way I can get the tickets to you?"

"Amber is off today. I can have her pick them up in a few minutes if that's fine with you."

"Yeah. That's fine with me. I'm sure Sean will be fine with it too." He laughed.

She chuckled on the other line, "I'll text her right now. See you tonight. Do I wear Gaudreau merchandise?"

"You can wear whatever you want," He thought it was silly of her to ask if she should wear his shirt, but at the same time, it was a totally Paige thing to ask.

"Okay. I gotta get back to work. I'll catch ya later."

They hung up and Paige texted her group chat.

Paige
Flames game tonight at 7
Amber can you pick up the tickets from Johnny at their house please? 😇

Amber 👩‍❤️‍👩
Anything for you 😘

Paige
ur an 👼🏻

Viv 👼🏼
thought I was the angel here 🙄

/////

Amber threw on a sweatshirt and leggings, throwing her hair up into a bun and heading to Johnny and Sean's apartment. She hadn't seen Sean since the night of the party, and in some kind of weird way, she wanted to see him again badly. This was her strange opportunity from the universe to see him again. She parked her car, took the elevator up to the sixth floor, and made her way to their apartment. She knocked three times, waiting for someone to open it. Amber didn't know whether she wanted Johnny to open the door or Sean. She wanted to see Sean, but she didn't want to see him at the same time.

She was caught up in her own thoughts when the door swung open and Sean was standing tall in front of her. He was wearing a dry-fit shirt that said "FLAMES HOCKEY" on the front, with black basketball shorts. "Amber, hey." He smiled.

"Hi, Sean!"

He motioned for her to come in, but she felt so dizzy around him she wanted to just leave. "No, thanks," she said, "I just needed to get the tickets for tonight. I have some errands to run." She lied. She had been watching 90210 on Netflix all day, and had no intention to stop. She just didn't want to sit down and talk to Sean.

He looked disappointed, "Uh, okay." He disappeared out of sight for a few seconds and came back with three tickets, "Here you go. I'll see you tonight!"

"Yes you will." She smiled and turned around to leave. As she was reading the tickets, she saw a small post-it note attached to one of them. Scribbled on it was Sean's number, and a note that said, "Dinner after the game?"

Amber tried to hide her excitement. This strange opportunity turned into a golden one.

/////

"Anyway, I kissed her," Sam was recounting his night to the boys. They all stared at him wide eyed.

"No way, dude. Did she kiss you back?!" Joe was just so interested in this story. Way too interested. It was probably because he never got any action, and lived vicariously through his buddies.

"I mean, yeah, but I don't know man. She's been avoiding me and it's kinda weird." Sam was confused. Him and Vivienne hit it off at the grocery store. And at the party. But all she did was avoid him and he hated it.

Johnny admired his perfectly taped stick, "Well, she's coming tonight. I invited the Three Musketeers."

"Oh my god, yes! This is great. I'm gonna ask her out," Sam smiled widely, knowing that this was going to be the night that she was going to stop avoiding him.

Josh turned to Johnny, "Speaking of girls we're asking out, how's Paige?"

Johnny smiled to himself, "She's good. I dunno. She's very nice." As he finished his statement, his phone buzzed.

Paige 💃🏻
Good luck tonight! 🏒😋

He thought she was so sweet for sending him a text. He knew she was thinking about him, and he knew he would be thinking about her all night.

/////

The girls arrived at the Saddledome, and Paige could've sworn all of Calgary had showed up that night. Everyone was decked out in red. I guess they called it the C of Red for a reason.

"We are so underdressed for the occasion." Paige chuckled. Her and the girls wore casual, going-out outfits. It was just a fun Saturday night to them. They knew hockey, they liked the sport; the two Canadians grew up all around it, but they didn't bleed hockey.

The game was fun. More fun than any of them could ever imagine. Paige enjoyed watching Johnny zip down the ice. He was small, sure, but he was quick, and she was dumbfounded when he scored... three times.

"He got a hat trick!!!" Amber exclaimed, jumping up and down, "Oh my god!!!! That's your boy!"

Paige just laughed. Her boy. He hasn't even kissed her yet. They barely went on three dates. He wasn't her boy because he wasn't qualified to be her boy.

/////

After the game, the three girls went down by the locker rooms to congratulate the boys. Sean came out first. He waved to Vivienne and Paige, and hugged Amber. He hugged her so tight she thought he was trying to suffocate her. "Great job out there," she smiled and kissed him on the cheek.

Sam came out next. He didn't even wave to anyone else. He just looked intently at Vivienne and made a beeline for her. "Will you go to dinner with me tonight?"

She blushed, "I'm not up for a fancy dinner, but I am definitely up for take out and a movie."

He wrapped an arm around her, "That sounds even better."

Then the man of the hour came out. Johnny. He was freshly showered; his hair was damp, and he changed into a suit. Paige walked up to him, "Great job out there. But now I have to compare this game to all of the other ones I go to. Maybe next time you'll score four goals."

He smiled and wrapped his arms around her neck. She wrapped her arms around his waist and looked into his deep brown eyes. They stood there, staring at each other and smiling. They didn't have to say anything because they just liked being around each other. Then he kissed her. He just planted one on her. Paige was taken aback for a second, but then realized that this is what she's wanted since he texted her for the first time. They pulled apart and headed out, his arm wrapped around her.

/////

Amber and Sean sat across from each other at a fancy restaurant with their food and a fake candle between them.

This is what he wanted. All he wanted, actually. He's been longing to be back with Amber since they shotgunned an entire case of beer the week before.

This is what she wanted, too. Her and Sean were completely on the same page, but they couldn't admit it to each other. Amber was always too arrogant; she didn't want to admit anything she didn't need to admit, and Sean was the same. But Sean would be the one to break first.

"I'm really glad you agreed to go to dinner with me. I didn't think you'd even remember me."

A smile spread across Amber's face, "How could I forget someone who parties as hard as me?"

"Right," Sean took a sip of his water, "By the way, I still think you're pretty even when I'm not drunk."

"Shut up," She chuckled.

/////

Sam and Vivienne headed back to Sam's apartment for the night. Vivienne sat on the couch, a remote in one hand, and a box of chow mein in the other. Sam came in with two water bottles and put them on the coffee table. He sat down next to her, and she scooted closer to him.

Truth be told, Viv was glad that she chose to stop avoiding him tonight. It was a little awkward when he kissed her at the party, but things happen for a reason. She looked at him, then her food, then the movie, and she had never felt so content.

/////

Back at the Gaudreau/Monahan residence, Johnny and Paige sat in his bed, making small talk while Johnny laid on Paige's chest and played NHL. She ran her fingers through his curly brown hair with one hand, and was reading articles on her phone with the other hand.

"Did you know swans can be gay?" She read from her phone.

Johnny chuckled. Paige was always reading about the weirdest stuff. "What?"

"Swans can be gay, Johnny! Like a boy swan can love another boy swan. That's so cute!" She was so excited about gay swans.

He just smiled and kept playing his game until she dozed off, and so did he.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.3K 97 29
Imagines based on NHL players. Comment who you want me to do!
84.3K 902 19
when cole caufield's twin sister falls for his former teammate. what will happen? will trevor fall too?
82.9K 2K 38
。°✩ | ˗ˏˋ ☆ ˎˊ˗ | 𝘁𝗲𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗱 "with you by my side forever tethered evermore" ❝ you don't get to pity yourself. you caused this ❞ ❝ i don't know...
110K 1.5K 45
━━ MATTHEW TKACHUK! ❝ After all, soulmates always end up together.❞ mainly social media- messages, instagram, ect. [calgary flames] [matthew tkac...