I Won't Lose You (Natsu x Rea...

By GirlGoneTwisted

When the fates of two Dragon Slayers intertwine, can you really call it destiny? Natsu Dragneel- the Fire Dra... More

Chapter 2: I'm Coming
Chapter 3: The Explanation
Chapter 4: Re-Welcome to the Family!!
Chapter 5: Apartment Sweet Apartment
Chapter 6: The Duo Request
Chapter 7: The Split Stones
Chapter 8: Connected?
Chapter 9: Natsu Can Read?!
Chapter 10: Do I know You?
Chapter 11: It's Not A Date!!
Chapter 12: Just Like Old Times
Chapter 13: Courtesy Call
Chapter 14: Kidnapped
Chapter 15: Getting Her Back
Chapter 16: Remember Me
Chapter 17: Glimpses Into The Past
Chapter 18: Competition Beginning
Chapter 19: A Heartfelt Medley
Chapter 20: Last Acts
Chapter 21: The Beginning of a Spa Day
Chapter 22: Time To Relax
Chapter 23: House of Memories
Chapter 24: The Blood's On Your Hands
Chapter 25: Left in the Dark
Chapter 26: Love and War
Chapter 27: A Moment's End
//FINAL Author's Note// - Forgive Me?
Chapter 28: Start a Fire
Finale: Dying Flame

Chapter 1: The Fire of Hatred

25.1K 475 366
By GirlGoneTwisted

Ever sense the day his friend left, Natsu hasn't felt the same. He's always moped around, barely ever smiled, and only taken about twelve jobs in the past three years he's been at the Guild. His Guild: Fairy Tail. The place where he had first met her.

At the moment, he was silently sulking to the Guild, and honestly didn't know why he even bothered going to the guild anymore. She used to always laugh along with him, help him on jobs, lend him money when he didn't make enough. But now that was an impossibility.

"Natsu! Cheer up!!" Happy cried with a hint of worry lacing his little voice, following along side the salmon-haired mage.

Natsu looked down at him, and sighed. He wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone, not even Happy, the little flying cat that he raised ever since he was an egg. He barely ever spoke to anyone at the Guild, or outside. He just dragged his feet and painfully pressed on with his life.

They finally got to the Guild, and pushed open the doors, then stalked in and slumped down onto the table farthest from everybody. Well, except for Happy of course. He refused to leave Natsu alone. He would follow him around, trying to cheer him up, but, to no avail, his mood never shifted to anything but pure agony.

Natsu lay his head onto the wooden structure, and started to doze off, like he normally did when he arrived at the Guild. About all the fun time him and she had ran through his thoughts. The way she'd smile, her laugh. It'd been to long, her memories were starting to fade from his mind.

'I just hope she comes back...' He thought, drowning out the chaos that was known as the Fairy Tail Guild Hall.

Just then, Happy spoke up. "Natsu, let's go on another job! We need the money! And it would get your mind off of--"

Natsu then interrupted Happy mid-sentence. "No, Happy. One, I don't want to go on a job. Two, you know that I can't forget her. She was my best friend. She was the only one I could rely on when we were little..." he explained, trailing off towards the end.

He knew that he only called her his "best friend", but whenever she'd hug him, or playfully punch his arm, he'd get all red in the face and flustered; his heart would pound heavily. Making him come to one conclusion: that he liked her. (Loved, whatever, same thing)

He'd always denied it, though, when Happy said something such as, "Ooh! You like her." Or "You guys are so lovey dovey!" Both of their faces would turn shades of bright pink, and they'd turn away from one another, scratching the backs of their necks nervously.

That was the good old days, in his point of view. But, ever sense that day....
Nothing's been the same.

~Flashback 3 years ago~

Natsu was merrily walking to the Guild Hall, along with Happy, you, and your exceed, (E/n), at his sides. But it was odd, no matter what he said, you would just look up at him, smile with a hint of sadness, and look back down at the ground, intently gazing at your feet.

"Hey, you okay (Y/n)? You seem a bit down today." He asked, hoping to actually get an answer.

You looked up at him, and smiled. "Yeah! Natsu, everything's fine." You lied, he could tell. But why wouldn't you tell him?

"Let's just get to the guild! I bet there's a fight that needs to be settled!" You laughed.

Natsu could tell that your laugh sounded forced. But he didn't argue, and you all silently walked to the oh-so famous Magic Guild, Fairy Tail.

~~

You and Natsu- along with our exceeds- opened the doors to your beloved Guild Hall.

But you all were greeted with a wooden table. Though, you attacked it before it could make impact. "Millennium Dragon's Roar!" You called, spewing golden fire from your throat, breaking the table into blisters.

You stooped into the Guild muttering a, "I'll pay for it, don't worry," and stalked to the back of the Guild, sitting at the very back table.

Tears threatened to fall down your face. What you had to do today was heartbreaking. Just the thought of it made your heart pang with guilt.

You walked up to the bar, completely unaware of Natsu sitting at the counter. You pulled up a stool, and sat down, gloomily staring down. You placed your hands onto the countertop and gently folded them, clearly lost in thought. Though, you perked up once Mira began speaking to you.

"Hey (Y/n)! Would you like something to drink?" Mira asked, shining a glass with the cloth she normally would use to clean the Guild's dishes.

You shook your head kindly in reply, and turned to Natsu who had a painful expression on his face.

You couldn't watch it. You started to stand from the stool, but Natsu stopped you by standing and gripping your wrist firmly. "(Y/n), tell me what's wrong." He demanded, eyes glistening with a serious tone, yet, concerned at the same time.

"I'm sorry, Natsu... I just can't... I'm sorry." Was all you said as you ran right out of the Guild, leaving money on the counter for a new table.

"(Y/n)..." Natsu muttered, watching helplessly as you ran away.

--

You ran straight to your house, (E/n) following closely, her wings activated. "What was that?! Why didn't you tell him that you're leaving?" She asked me, having to yell over the sound of the pouring rain and howling wind.

Tears started streaming down your face. "Because saying goodbye is too painful..."

--

You got all of your bags ready and packed, then quickly left for the Train Station. Writing a note to him- or even the whole Guild- would've just been to sorrowful. Your hands were shaking too much to even pick up and hold a pen, so writing was out of the question.

You boarded the train, and left. Far away from Magnolia, that was the only destination you had in mind. Not even bothering to deal with my motion sickness, I just sat quietly on the velvet seat, staring out the window, both wet from the falling rain, and the tears that refused to stop.

--

Natsu ran after you. He needed to know what was bothering you so badly to the point that you wouldn't even speak to him.

He guessed that you went to her house, so he rushed quickest his legs could carry him to that very spot.

As soon as he got there, he stood in shock as he saw that your door was wide open. He walked in to see everything still intact, only a few things were missing from their places.

Like the picture of you and him when you were kids, was off of your nightstand that stood in your room at your bedside. But then he noticed that your dresser and closet drawers were open, and they were completely empty.

He turned around to see that your travel bags were gone... And he made one conclusion... 'She left without saying so, and I don't think she's coming back...' He thought to himself, stomach churning and breath hitching.

He sat down on your bed, face in his hands, as he started to cry.

Happy burst through the doors, panting, as he looked around, and then walked into the room Natsu was in: your room.

"Natsu... What's wrong?" He asked, seemingly confused.

"Sh-she's g-gone... (Y/n)'s gone..." Natsu managed to say between sobs.

Happy just looked like he had seen a huge ghost, and dropped to his knees, "She didn't even say goodbye..." He trembled as he began to weep as well.

~End of Flashback~

Natsu almost started to cry as he recalled the memory. But then Happy spoke up again," Natsu! I may be smaller than you! And less aggressive! But this time I'm putting my paw down on this one! You are going on a job with me!" He fumed.

Natsu mumbled a "Fine" and walked to the request board.

He saw one that looked interesting, and tore it off the pin that was holding it up. He told Mira that he was taking the job, and dragged himself to the Train Station.

It reminded him way to much of the day you left. But in all honesty, he was kind of scared to refuse what Happy told him to do. When he was angry, even he could order Erza around, too an extent, of course.

As soon as their assigned Train rolled up, they boarded, and rode off to the Sunkoiki Village, far outside of Magnolia.

~Few Hours Later~

They finally got off of what Natsu referred to as a "death-wish" called a Train. But during the whole ride he more-or-less ignored his motion sickness. Too mopey to even really care anymore, based on events that he clung to from the past.

As soon as they got to the Sunkoiki Village, they didn't see anybody there... That was weird, according to the poster the Village should be full of people. That lead to both Natsu and Happy's skepticism.

Natsu looked around as he finally entered the heart of the Village, not seeing a single soul in sight. Happy trailed behind him, but didn't say a word as he gawked at the empty and run-down buildings.

But then they heard a menacing laugh, "It's nice meeting you Salamander! Or should I say, Natsu Dragneel?"

A cloaked figure then suddenly appeared out of nowhere. Natsu assumed that he either jumped down from the roof of one of the buildings, or he had some type of Teleportation Magic.

Natsu glared at him, "Who are you? How do you know my name?!"

"That's not important, but if you must know," he pulled down the hood of his cloak, "I am Daylin Dalsi, and I believe I have something you want," he grinned. He was a tall and lean man who looked to be in his mid-thirties at least. He wore a purple top-hat with a skull attached to the brim, which complimented his purple overcoat and pants, with black undershirt and dress shoes. His eyes were a piercing hazel color, and his hair was a slight chestnut brown. Needless to say, he definitely put the definition of "demeaning" into affect.

Natsu furrowed his eyebrows at him with even more anger than before. "And what would that be?" He growled.

"(Y/n) (L/n)," he said, victory gleaming through his eyes and plastered into the smirk on his face.

Natsu's eyes widened,."(Y/n)..." he muttered. He was now clearly extremely pissed off." Where is she?!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.2K 1K 19
Part 2 of Fairy Tail's Angel Slayer (I recommend reading the first one before hand) So you've finished the Grand Magic Games and defeated all those...
246K 4.6K 21
Its mating season for the dragon slayers and Natsu is feeling things for a certain someone. Will they complete the mating process? If they do what wi...
118K 3.8K 22
An eight year curse has been inflicted upon you. Now that you have awaken you serve one purpose: to kill the dragon slayer Natsu Dragneel. As you stu...
225K 6.7K 26
(Warning! There will be cursing in this book) After a night of heavy drinking and partying, Lucy Heartfilia finds herself in bed with her best friend...