Breaking Wilde

Von Mackenzie-Rose

Escaping a cheating ex, Ava Wilde flies to Paris during Christmas break to visit a friend. She's looking for... Mehr

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
The Story Doesn't End Here!

Chapter 3

15.4K 526 11
Von Mackenzie-Rose

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Ava

It was a little before eight in the morning when my cab arrived outside Olivia's apartment along the Seine River, not far from popular attractions. With her family connections, she was fortunate to study art abroad, and live within walking distance to the all the museums and galleries. I hoped she was home and I wasn't interrupting anything or anyone. Olivia loved being single, and with that came random hook ups. I rang her buzzer and my palms began to sweat. There was no response after the first buzz, so I tried again. Not a minute after the second buzzer did I hear a crackling noise before her voice echoed through the intercom.

"Hello, can I help you?" she asked puzzled as to why someone was buzzing her door so early in the morning.

"Olivia, it's Ava."

"Ava Wilde, what are you doing here?" she spoke with excitement.

"Long story, can I come up," I asked hoping to explain my reason for interrupting her holidays in person, and not through the intercom where anyone passing could hear me.

"Yes of course, sorry," she laughed.

I heard the door click unlocked. I walked in and took the elevator to the 4th floor. Before I could even knock, her front door flew open, and Olivia reached out and pulled me in for a hug. I thought I could hold it together, but I immediately started to break down, tears pouring down my face onto her burgundy cardigan. I've known Olivia since our freshman year of college when we met in an art history class, and have been best friends ever since. Still crying, Olivia led me over to her couch and sat me down. She quickly left the room to grab a box of tissues from her bathroom, and set it on the coffee table. I took at least five or six tissues from the box and wiped my face as best I could. She sat beside me, and asked me the one question I know she has been dying to ask the minute I walked in.

"What's wrong?" she asked gripping my hands, squeezing them tight.

"I caught John cheating when I surprised him for Christmas. "I hiccuped, trying to slow my breathing.

"Are you fucking serious?" she screamed. I'm pretty sure her neighbors heard her.

"Yeah, his neighbor, you know the blonde I hate, well, she was blowing him when I walked in."

"What a motherfucking prick. I'm so sorry, Ava. I can't imagine what you're going through, but... I'm glad you finally came to Paris, I just wish it was on happier terms." Olivia reached out embracing me in a hug.

"Yeah, well I ended things right then and there. I already had my bags packed since I planned on staying with him, so coming straight here was an easy decision. I just needed to get away." I gave a small smile thinking how uncharacteristic of me it was to be this spontaneous.

"Excellent choice! Fuck John and his whore. We are going to drink, dance, and eat junk food. Maybe even find you a good fuck while you're in town," she laughed knowing I wasn't one to randomly hook up with men. Olivia was the opposite of me. She could steal a glance from every man in the room. She was strong, confident, outspoken and gorgeous. If I did anything outside my comfort zone, it is all due to Olivia's convincing. She made me want to be a little bit naughtier in life.

"I don't know. I just want to site see and relax before school starts."

"You can site see and have a little fun on the side at the same time. You always have your nose in a book, or out sketching in the city. You need to have some fun. Books and school will be waiting for you when you get home."

What Olivia said made me feel like maybe John was right about me always studying. I got lost in what I read, and I actually enjoyed studying. That doesn't mean I don't hate him for what he did. I just knew finding a great job meant needing a top education. Ever since my mom died five years ago I wanted to make her proud, make my dad proud, and not have him worry about me. But along the way I focused too much on school and starting a career, that I forgot how to have fun.

"I know, you're right. I guess a little fun won't hurt."

"Okay, enough about John, he fucked up. Tell me about your flight, was it nice?"

"Yeah it was okay. Nothing special, except I sat next to a stinky man and a loud woman," I said, but thought about my beautiful stranger, making my cheeks turn red.

"Why are you blushing, did stinky man turn you on," she giggled knowing I hated being called out for blushing.

"No, just a person I ran into at the airport, literally. We collided when I came out of the bathroom, and he was kind enough to make sure I wasn't hurt."

"This man must be hot as fuck if you're blushing that hard," she teased.

"Oh you have no idea. He's about ten leagues away from being in mine," I said rolling my eyes just imagining him showing interest in someone like me.

"Please, how many times have I told you, you are beautiful and it's the quiet ones we have to watch out for," She winked before poking me in my ribs making me squirm.

Olivia stood from the couch, and went into the kitchen to pour us some water. "I hope you're staying through the week, when is your flight home?"

"I actually plan on flying back with you. You're still flying back just after New Year's right?"

"Yeah, oh that's perfect. Plus you can help me pack, but don't worry, I don't have much. Did you ever hear back from those internships?"

"Not yet, but I should hear something any day now. I'm nervous actually."

"Don't be, you're at the top of our class and I bet you'll have your pick of places," she smiled, calming my nerves.

"I hope."

"Trust me, and when you do, we will celebrate with the best wine," she beamed.

"Speaking of wine, I say we drink tonight," I laughed. Olivia had an incredible knowledge of wine since she grew up on a vineyard that her parent's turned into a multi-million dollar business. Olivia came from wealth, but you'd never guess with her love of vintage and sailor mouth.

"Oh shit, tonight! Now you being here is even more perfect," she exclaimed, suddenly remembering something. She did a little happy dance in the kitchen making me laugh.

"Why? What's tonight?"

"Tonight is the Annual Christmas Gala hosted by the Louvre Museum. It's black tie, and rumored to be absolutely amazing. Every year interns who are studying abroad in Paris are invited. I wasn't looking forward to going solo, but now I don't have to."

"Wow, that sounds amazing, but I can't intrude on your event, plus I hardly packed enough warm clothes, let alone an evening gown."

"That won't be a problem. I'll call to get you on the list, and in regards to the dress, I guess that means a shopping trip. I planned on doing my own hair and makeup, but now I say we do the girl thing: nails, hair and makeup."

"Really? Are you sure?"

"Yes, without a doubt, plus this is better than drinking and eating junk food in my apartment," she said with excitement as she started to dial a number. I took the opportunity to use the restroom. Making my way back into the kitchen I heard Olivia end her call.

"Okay, you're on the list for tonight and our appointments have been made for some pampering. Also, I called a designer friend, and she is more than happy to show you some of her evening gowns later."

"How long was I in the restroom?" I laughed.

"Not long, but before we head out I-"

An odd sounding ringtone started ringing from my purse interrupting our conversation. We both looked at each other in confusion, knowing I would never have chosen that ringtone. I fished the phone out of my purse, not recognizing the number displayed on the screen. I decided to let it go to voicemail. Thirty seconds later the phone started ringing again with the same person calling. Figuring it was a wrong number I answered it anyways.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hi, this might sound strange, but I believe we have each other's phones," the man said sounding breathy, like he was laying down.

"Um...okay... hold on a sec." I pulled the phone away from my ear and hit the home button. The screenshot was plain blue, and the icons weren't mine. As soon as I realized the phone wasn't mine I remembered whose it was...my beautiful stranger. I started to sweat, my palms became clammy from gripping the phone too tight. I happened to look over at Olivia, and she had a confused look on her face mouthing "who is it?" I brought the phone back to my ear, and hoped my voice didn't give away my nervousness.

"You're right. I guess we did trade phones accidentally," I spoke sounding more like a robot than an actual human.

"Well, I hope you're still in Paris, and if you are, perhaps we can meet up to exchange them?"

"I am still in Paris. Is there some place in mind you'd like to meet at?" My heart rate sped up anticipating seeing him again.

"How about Oronero Café in an hour?" he responded.

"Sure, see you then, and just in case you don't remember, I have brown hair and-"

"Oh, I remember. I'll see you in an hour," he interrupted as I sensed him smirking on the other side. We hung up and I couldn't help but wonder what he remembered. I hoped it wasn't some gangly girl with a sunken face, because I'm pretty sure that's what my appearance looked like.

Olivia rounded the kitchen island, and came to stand in front of me. "I'm guessing that was your friend from the airport?"

"Yeah, I guess we accidentally switched phones when we dropped them."

"Well this is perfect. You get to see him again and you'll be next to my bookstore," she said pulling me out of my mini daydream.

"You're what?" I asked confused at what she said.

"My bookstore. Before the phone rang I was saying I have to go drop off my final portfolio at the Internship Program's office, and pick up a few books I had on hold. Now that you'll be next door to my bookstore you can pick them up, I'll run my quick errand, and then we can get our day started earlier than I thought."

***

The walk to the bookstore was breathtaking. The picturesque windows had bright red and yellow flowers cascading over the rod iron ledges. Each little storefront had colorful awnings with their names delicately painted in gold lettering. The sidewalks and small cafes were filled with people just beginning their day. The sun shined bright and the air was crisp. Historical architecture has always fascinated me and Paris had it in abundance. Each building had its own personality. Each brick, stone, and tile was strategically placed to tell a story. It was living art. Finding John cheating was gut wrenching, but seeing Paris in person was almost worth the heartache. Paris could be my new love.

I made it to the bookstore fifteen minutes before I had to meet my beautiful stranger. The bookstore was on the corner of a curving road, giving me a perfect view of the café from the front window. I picked up two books Olivia had on hold, and as I made my way to the front of the store to leave, I saw him. He crossed the street with long strides, still wearing that amazing suit from this morning. He had one hand in his pocket and the other lifted so he could read his watch. I couldn't see his watch from here, but I bet it was stylish and expensive. He was graceful when he walked, his shoulders were broad and his posture was straight. He had to be at least 6'3". Anyone looking at him would feel intimidated by his size and hard stare. He probably was dating some modelor actress. Men like him always had high society women on their arm and rotatedthem frequently. We came from two different worlds, mine was definitely lessextravagant than his. This meet up will be a quick hello and goodbye, afterthat, there would be no reason for us to see each other again. 

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

862K 3.5K 5
*R-RATED *This will be a mature romance with adult themes including language, sex and general themes* When Steph goes on her best friend's hen night...
405K 7.7K 22
Rated R "Please, faster," I begged but he didn't oblige. "No, my control, my pace," he said. Then, I felt his lips on mine as he continued easing in...
1M 25.1K 61
In an instant his lips were on mine, and without even knowing how, I felt myself succumbing to him. I pulled away quickly, but both of his hands went...