The Secret Five #Wattys2016

By bdvilinskasbooks

And that's the thing with silence, it can be so peaceful yet so dangerous. Five friends witness a govern... More

The Cabin
Day 1-Anya
Day 2-Trace
Day 5-Hadley
Day 9-Cason
Day 14-Locklyn
Day 18-Anya
Day 22-Trace
Day 27-Hadley
Day 36-Locklyn
Day 42-Anya
Day 48-Trace
Day 53-Hadley
Day 58-Cason
Day 64-Locklyn
Day 70-Anya
Day 75-Trace
Day 86-Hadley
Day 95-Cason
Day 104-Locklyn
Day 116-Anya
Day 127-Trace
Day 131-Hadley
Day 142-Cason
Day 154-Locklyn
Day 166-Anya
Day 179-Trace
Day 187-Hadley
Day 200-Cason
Day 209-Locklyn
Day 216-Anya
Day 219-Trace
Day 224-Hadley
Day 229-Cason
Day 233-Locklyn
Day 238-Anya
Day 244-Trace
Day 247-Hadley
Day 248-Cason
Day 251-Locklyn
Day 257-Anya
Day 262-Trace
The Hospital-Hadley
The Hospital-Cason
The Hospital-Locklyn
The Hospital-Anya
The Hospital-Trace

Day 30-Cason

20 2 0
By bdvilinskasbooks

We have been in this cabin for exactly a month. I am keeping track of how long and the dates because it is my only way to know what time of year it is here and back home. Back home, they are probably celebrating the big win for soccer and the team is moving onto the championships where they will win another big title. Or, the soccer team lost because the best players are stuck in a cabin in the middle of nowhere!

I have been frustrated because everything is the exact same and back home, it wasn't, back home we would be surrounded by people, be at school, live life like normal teenagers.

Lately it has been difficult to talk to Locklyn and do things with her. Why? I don't know, she isn't herself and I wish I can do something to make her be herself again. I can't and it kills me because she looks sad and upset.

I decided to get Locklyn out of bed and come hunting with me. I know she doesn't like when I go hunting, but, lately there hasn't been a lot of animals and all I have been bringing back is pheasant or turkey, which, is only enough for at least four meals, maybe five.

I barged into my bedroom and saw Locklyn laying in ball. "Get up!" I yelled at her and took the covers off the bed. She moaned and turned to face me. "Get up right now!"

"What is your problem? I'm tired." She yelled back. "Let me sleep!"

"You have been in bed for days now, get up, and come with me." She shook her head. "Locklyn, what is going on right now? You haven't moved from the bed in days and you need to eat something. You look sick and I hate seeing you like this."

"I feel sick. I have this feeling where I want to puke and everything is sensitive. My hearing, my eyesight, my taste buds, everything is heightened and sensitive. I can't take it and just want to lay in the silence of our room." I closed the door, went over to the bed, sat down, and leaned forward. "What's wrong Cason?"

"Is there something you need to tell me?"

"Excuse me?"

"Why is everything so heightened and sensitive? Is there something else going on that you need to tell me or no?" She sat up and shrugged. "You know, since we came here we have been closer and you aren't on birth control anymore."

"And what are you saying Cason?" She crossed her arms. "I just feel sick and really don't want to argue. Spit out what you have to say."

"Do you think that possibly you could be pregnant?" I asked slow and steady, not to offend her because I can see she is getting agitated with me. I don't want to make her more upset or angry. "That is what I was trying to get out but in a gentle manner."

"I know for a fact I am not pregnant. I can't be and plus I don't want children for another ten years, when we have college degrees, a stable job each, and married and own a house together. We have children when we have our lives in place with each other."

"But Lock—"

"No buts, Cason. I am not pregnant, leave it at that."

I nodded, "Fine. Now get dressed for hunting because you are coming with me while Trace cleans the cutting room and fishes."

"I don't want to go hunting!" she yelled at me. "You are going to kill the poor animals!"

"Do you want to live, Locklyn!" I yelled back at her. "Or do you want to rot away and die because you have no iron or protein or strength to even breath. I don't want that for you at all!" She looked down into her lap and sighed. "Please, Lock, I don't want to go alone and would love to spend some time with you alone, with no one else around."

"Fine, I'll go with you but don't cut the heads off in front of me, I hated you when you did that." I laughed, nodded, and pushed her down onto the bed so she's laying on her back. I kissed her neck and she laughed and twitched also. "Okay, okay, okay!" She screeched and pushed me off of her. "Let me get dressed and we'll get going." I got off of her and waited for her while I watched as she got dressed in jeans, a long sleeve shirt, and boots.

I grabbed the bow and arrow from the hall closet and we went out the front door. Trace and I sectioned the land into parts and we still have to cover four more out of six. Today, I am taking Locklyn on part three. She walked about ten feet behind me, just looking around and enjoying the wilderness around us.

I saw movement ahead and got the bow and arrow ready just in case I have to shoot. I slowed down my walking, held my breath, and crept closer to the movement. Right when I saw the deer, Locklyn screamed behind me and the deer ran off. I looked over my shoulder and didn't see Locklyn around.

I put the bow and arrow down and yelled, "Locklyn!" I waited and when I didn't hear her scream, I began to run and look for her. "Locklyn! Locklyn!" my breathing was becoming rapid. I was panicking and never have I ever felt like this before; it scared me a lot. "Answer me, Locklyn!"

"Cason!" I heard and ran to a giant hole in the ground. Locklyn was sitting up at the bottom of a hole about ten feet into the ground. "Help me!" she was crying. Looking down at her, I can see blood seeping onto her jeans and she was sweating and having trouble breathing. "Cason, help!"

I jumped into the hole and felt heat seeping out from the soil around us. It was burning up quickly and Locklyn was trying her best to stay awake, but she was sweating so much that she may becoming dehydrated. I looked at her leg and she had a giant cut going straight down the side. I picked her up gently, threw her up on the ledge where she screamed in pain, and I climbed up out of the hole. I dragged Locklyn away, took my shirt off, and tied it under her knee to stop the bleeding till we get back to the cabin.

I walked her back to the cabin and yelled, "Anya!" I lied Locklyn down on the couch and put a pillow under her foot. "Anya Rowan!" I yelled louder over Locklyn's whimpers. Anya came running into the living room and saw Locklyn on the couch.

"What the hell happened?" she looked at me with a look of disbelief.

"I fell into a giant hole in the ground. When I fell, a sharp object sticking out from the soil sliced my leg and it won't stop bleeding."

"Cason, get the red bag downstairs, we are going to put it under the buffet over there for easier access." I ran down, got the bag, and gave it to Anya in a matter of a minute. "I have to cut your jeans off, Lock." She nodded and Anya cut the jeans off and exposed her leg with the cut going down. "Okay, Lock, this is going to hurt, but, I need to stitch this whole cut. Whatever it was that sliced your leg, it was deep and this will scar over." Locklyn nodded.

Locklyn squeezed my hand and continued to cry while Anya stitched up the leg. Anya then wrapped her whole leg in gauze and an ace wrap and put pillows under her knee. Locklyn covered herself with the blanket and cried herself to sleep.

Anya tapped my shoulder and pointed to the front door. I followed her outside and sat down on the swing while Anya sat on the railing. "What happened out there?"

"I don't know. Next thing I know she is screaming and in the ground. I jumped into the hole to get her out and it was scorching hot underground. I was freaking out and couldn't breath and was shaking because when I called for her she wasn't answering. I thought she was passed out or something took her."

"Cason."

I had tears falling down my face. "Anya, I can't lose her. I love her too much and I never thought in my life I would love someone as much as I love Locklyn. I want her to be happy and to have this amazing life and she can't because we are stuck in the middle of nowhere."

"I don't know what to say. Your relationship with Locklyn is intense and strong and I know you two will be together forever, but, when I heard you screaming like you did, I was freaking out. I come upstairs to find her bleeding."

"I know. I'm sorry for that and I get it was hard for you to help her because you quit your job as an EMT; who else knows medical stuff other than you? I feel bad for you because I saw how hard it was to stitch her up and wrap her leg and everything else."

"It was hard; I'm not going to lie. After I stitched her and while I was wrapping her leg, I realized I quit only because I saw Armin's blood and his death happen like it did. It's stupid because I was good at my job." I grinned and nodded. "I've been reading the medical books here and refreshing my mind on things. Once we get out of here, I may go back to being an EMT."

"I'm glad you realized all of that." She smiled. I sighed and leaned forward. I put my hands over my face and said through my fingers softly, "I think Locklyn may be pregnant."

"What?!" She yelled and sat up straight. "Why, how, what?!" She was in shock.

"She hasn't been herself and lately she has been sick. Today when I went to wake her up, she told me everything is sensitive and heightened like her smell, taste, sight, hearing, everything is extra sensitive. She is very moody like she was very angry than she was upset and happy right after that. She went through three moods in a matter of five minutes, that wasn't Locklyn before."

"We have no way of really finding out if she is pregnant and if she is, we don't know if there will be one or two inside of her, if the baby is alive and healthy, and what is going to happen if she is pregnant. We don't have the equipment you need for a birth, afterbirth, and the first year of a baby's life."

"I know that Anya and she is denying everything but I think she is."

"Well, when was the last time you two did it?"

"Like a week ago, maybe five days. She hasn't been feeling well and all she wants to do is sleep. I really think she is pregnant."

"I guess we'll find out in a couple months once we see a baby bump forming."

"Don't say anything, please. Ya know, glance at her stomach once in a while then question her when you see one forming. I've tried and she will not listen to me because she is being her stubborn self again." Anya laughed. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 4.6K 20
I limped towards the kitchen after sending him an email, that I'm on leave today. I couldn't even able to walk properly as I was feeling sore down th...
268K 13.3K 28
! NO LONGER WRITING THIS VERSION OF THE STORY - PLEASE GO TO MY PROFILE AND SEE MY BOOK 'The Monster's Stratagem' FOR THE 2.0 VERSION ! * * * Highe...
15.1K 248 36
This book is currently under a great deal of construction. I am switching it over to third person and editing it. The new version will be posted sepe...
693 31 36
How do you forget you past? How do you keep things hidden so that no one can find out? You Run. Andrew Moss decide to start a new life and move to th...