Hostages (Book 2)

By nanaedc

Which Bond Can Heal The Constantly Breaking Girl? The Completed Book 2 in the Aria Serrano Trilogies. ****Who... More

Hostages (Book 2)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
The Dinner Of Truth
*Mature 16+* Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Cast

Chapter 32

42 2 0
By nanaedc

Zachary pulled his bottom lip between his teeth. "Sadly yes but it will only be for maybe 3 weeks,4 at most. I wanted to tell so you knew where and when I leave and return. Also I won't leave you completely, I have others around this place with the only one assignment 'keep the best possession of mines out of the hands of others'."

"Okay,everyday 6 to 6 for three weeks four at best... Alright."

"Alright? So your fine with it?"

"Yeah,you have a quick thing you have to take care of. It's fine by me just don't get yourself hurt."

He smiled when he nodded. "Safe as a man six feet under."

I rolled my eyes. "That's a horrible comparison."

He kissed my forehead then stood up,when he was out of eye sight I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding. Distance. I need to put distance between me and Niall,and keep our conversation strict. This can't ever happen again,I'm just going to go out there and ask Zayn to help me with the satellite and. .keep as much distance between us. I spun around to the computer and checked if it was still useable. When it was I walked out of the room and to Zayn's,I braced myself then knocked on the door. He opened the door and I kept my eyes trained on him, "Can you help me with something?"

He saw that I was tensed and that my eyes were strained so his answer sounded like a question. "Sure?"

I grabbed his wrist and pulled him to the kitchen where I sat my laptop on the counter then when we were sitting down and I was rebooting the system he asked, "Is everything okay?"

I kept it cool. "Yup,why wouldn't it be?"

"Well when I walked in the room you looked pale when I saw you,flustered even."

"Uh,nothing went on. I was just waiting for you to come back."

"That," he continued "and Niall was looking different than normal. He looked anxious about something,he pulled out some of his hair and kept looking at the door,that told me that something happened." He said as he turned the computer towards himself.

My leg tapped on the bottom arm of the chair. "I have no idea why he was acting like that,I have nothing to do with it. Can you help me find a satellite close to the building we met Ian in?"

Zayn looked at me suspiciously then slowly started nodding. Niall was panicking? And anxious about what?

+
Zayn helped me with satellite and we past it off to Liam and Naomi to send a wave to Ian,now me and Zaynie were looking for the takeout menus for Pizzahut, Dominoes and the Chinese place that the name was to foreign for me to pronounce. Zachary was dealing with something on the computer in the living room that has something to do with Penelope so he told me. Speaking of,I haven't talked to her since the masquerade. Which I guess is a good thing cause I can't lie to her nor can I tell her everything then risk Zach finding out,it's best if it stays between me,Zayn and Niall.

Zayn pulled them from under the toaster oven and yelled, "Pizza or Chinese!?"

A few seconds went by then they yelled in response, "Pizza!"

He tossed me the pizza hut menu then I grabbed my phone off the table and hit redial,when the food got here everyone sat either on the couches or on the floors in the living room. Only a few of us were doing something when the front door opened,and no one was gone except the man with blond hair. I kept a strange face and calm attitude as he threw the key card on the island in the kitchen and sat down across the boxes,he temporarily stopped and looked at me but I didn't acknowledge nor returned the favor. I kindled a conversation with Louis when Naomi said something.

"Okay I spoke to Ian."

Everyone looked at her and Lou impatiently said, "And?"
" And he told me the name of the last man on earth who is able to read it,temporarily bad news. .he lives in New York."

"But we can't fly all the way to New York." I said.

"Precisely what I said and he told me that he can get him closer to Brokewood,as close as Nashville, Tennessee. Which is maybe a half hour from here,depending on the car we use."

"Okay and when are we taking this trip?"  Louis asked.

"Maybe two days from now."

"Why do you keep saying maybe? And why are we suddenly trusting this Ian guy?" Niall stated.

"We can trust him , Timothy and Theodore had used him as an ally since me and Ari were babies. And I don't know why I added maybe," she shrugged "But everything I told you is legit and he will be in Nashville Wednesday."

"Zach,I'm just thinking out loud here but maybe you shouldn't come with us when we go." Harry eased into the conversation.

I looked at him with obvious confusion then Zachary snapped,"Why not?"

"Because if he says all the wrong words then its a good chance you might kill him,and he is our last chance at knowing what the letter says."

Can't argue with that statement,Zachary might just do that. And I honestly doubt Zach's gonna agree.

"Then Aria isn't going."

My head turned east to him. "Why can't I go? I'm going."

"She's not leaving Brokewood without me,if she's going then so am I."

"We have enough firepower to get keep an entire school safe,Zachary." Louis chimed in.

"And? She's going,I'm going. I may be leaving her in a hotel by herself but that's completely different from a whole new state."

"Hold on,what do you mean your leaving?" Niall pointed out.

My eyes were to quick and instinctly look at the speaker. And thank God,he wasn't looking my way. At least not directly.

"I have to be at my office to work a couple things out so for a few weeks I will be there instead of here." He clarified for everyone.

"What are the 'certain things' you need to work out?" Zayn asked,while straightening his back.

 "My concern just while I'm gone watch Aria."

My eyebrows creased in offense and when Zachary took notice a grin brightened through. "I need all the helpers I can get."

He lifted up on his knees and kissed my head near my headline. "Because believe it or not,your a hand full." He continued.

I used much of my strength not to cringe when his lips touched me. My head couldn't help but compare his and Niall's,they were two completely similar yet different feelings. Both were soft,both were moist,both you couldn't seem to get enough of,both made me feel like a completely different person,one gave me shivers and the other felt like fire. And I mean it was like I was ice gliding and melting on the surface of the hot,heated fire.

And it was as Niall was pulling me closer the quicker I melted. I don't think Zachary noticed the cringe and the signs that I suddenly didn't feel too good,the current topic everyone was on dispersed from my mind and I began thinking over the very things that gift me with a headache. The conversation started again but blurred from my hearing as I looked up,this time,intending to look at Niall. His brown roots overtook more of his blond than it did when we got here and even though some say he has a baby face,I don't see anything childish in his appearance.
A baby can't be a newborn with that much hair,his eyes from afar look deep. And yet,clear as day. And I feel like a small fish around him,his like a flamingo,giving off strong dominant vibes,its still scary to be alone with him in a room. And you don't get that vibe from a child,Niall's pupils moved quickly,training on anyone speaking and that went on for a while then in an instant they locked on me and I wasn't even thinking of talking.

 I may have jumped from his abruptness,when I didn't look away (which wasn't meant as a challenge) he showed what him and Zachary does when they try and read me but I couldn't let that happen so I scratched my scalp to cover my face from his view and stood up using the couch behind me for support.

"I'm getting a headache so I think I'm going to bed."

"Your head was fine a minute ago,are you okay?" Zayn asked,sounding like the brother I never had.

I mustered up a small smile and nodded,just now taking my hand from my hair. "Yeah,nothing a Ibprophen can't fix. I'll be fine."

Zachary made a passage way in front of him for me to walk past and on the way my palm was tickled by his hair,I walked by and into the hallway sighing in relief when I was out of Niall's sight.

^>^>^>^>^>^>^>
Zachary's POV

I didn't know what the time was but the night started getting a peek of day in the back and that's when I woke up,I stealthily got up and to the bathroom and only splashed my face with water. I brushed my teeth and roughly shook my head before I walked back out and to the dresser,I changed out my pants  for washed out jeans and pulled a black polo shirt over my head. When that and my shoes were on I walked back to the bed and took the keys off the nightstand,I took the complimentary notepad and pen out the one of the draws and wrote a small note (in a way) then ripped it off the rest and folded it till it was small. I looked at Aria whose head has seemed to sunk in the pillows. Her hair fell on the edges of the comforters that she had up to her shoulder,her lipstick stained lips were parted and the strand of her hair resting on her cheek was evidence that she was breathing.

I held her hand that was resting on her stomach and slipped the paper in her hand, her ring and pinky finger twitched then her sleepy face frowned and she turned and laid on her other side. I chuckled then left the room only cracking the door,I walked through the hall and scratched the key card off the table then left the hotel suite entirely. When I got downstairs (using the stairs) I walked up to the receptionist table and smiled when she looked up and did the same.

" Morning Mr.Pierce,is there anything I can do for you to make the morning even better?"

"Yes,can you tell me if a Chad and Angelica has recently checked in?" I asked.

She pushed her glasses up the bridge of her nose and looked in the check-in/check-out signature book. Her manicured fingernail moved left and right on the paper before saying, "Yes. They check in two days ago on floor (NUMBER BEFORE THEIRS),Chad and Angelica Couldn't,right?"

I shook my head at Brandon's choice of fake last name and nodded at her, "That's them. Can you call their room then when they ask why tell Zachary told you too?"

She immediately shook her head,"Of course,is there anything else?"

"No that would be all,thank you. And have a wonderful day."

I pushed off the stand and began walking out the door,I slid into the front seat of the waiting car out front and when the valet closed the door I put the keys in the ignition and pressed on the gas. As I got on Main Street I audibly call for Siri.

"Hello,how may I help you?" She replied.

"Call my job."

"Okay. One moment,"

I pressed on the gas many times to avoid red lights then on the second ring someone picked up. "Hello this is the Pierce Residence,how may I help you?"

Regardless of whose calling I told them to keep it formal,and that includes when I call. Because you can never know what predicament someone is in when they call. And she might not know that its me calling since she remains on the first floor where nothing mild or attentive happens.

"Can you patch me through to Brandon Drake?"

"Do you have an appointment,sir? Can I have your name and how you've come to know Mr.Drake."

I couldn't speed by the coming traffic light and had to slam on  the brakes,I stopped myself from saying the wrong thing then naturally took it out on the person closest to me.

"I'm your boss,the one that puts money in your pockets now put me through." I spat harshly,if I'm being honest.

"My God,I'm so sorry Mr.Pierce please hold on. I'll put you right through."

I leaned back in the seat and rested my elbow on the open window and sighed as I watched the light.

"Hey Zachary,how's vaca?"

"Fine,"the light flashed green and I was off again "can you and Penelope be in the conference room by time I get there?"

"Yeeah,it's possible. When you gonna be here?"

I turned the corner and drove up the driveway. "Less than 3 minutes."

We hung up the phone and I handed my keys off to the outside,hourly changed guard and walked inside. I saluted to the woman who I was recently on the phone with a nod then went to the elevator,pressing the fifth button and the contraption went down. The house originally looks like a penthouse from outside but after Brandon made a few adjustments now it's like an upside down building,there's six floors under ground then the floor when you first enter the house then when you go upstairs,that's my office and occasionally my room.

When the elevator opened,unusually,there was clutter. Everyone was on their feet walking back and forth,into different rooms,in the other elevators and there was mildly loud chatter. However I wasn't alarmed because I knew the reason. I went directly in the conference room and Brandon and Penelope's conversation ceased as they looked up at me,I sat in the seat at the table and smiled at him and moved my head to smile at Penelope.

"Good morning to the two of you. I only called you in here to tell you one thing."

"Before you tell us why we're in here,can you answer why everyone's frantic today?" He asked as he twisted and turned in his chair,while looking in a manila envelope.

"Did you do a perimeter check?"

"Yes,I did it twice in the last 48 hours."

"Okay,and did you read over that Donoughue file you said you were going to get?"

Brandon's brows frowned, "Yeah. I don't see how a security guard associate with Mafia leaders. But it says Koby Donoughue is big in the import and plantation companies--"

"Was." I slightly corrected him.

"Was? Why. . .that's right. I have to use past tense now because you couldn't resist pulling the trigger, once again putting yourself and Ari's relationship in jeopardy."

"What?" Pene jumped in "You killed Donoughue?" She looked at me.
She didn't wait for a reply when she looked at Brandon. "That's what you meant by Zach hurting Aria again. What did you do?"

And as quick as sound,she was back looking at me.

"He wanted to kill Koby and Aria had different opinions so he tried to mask him killing Koby by missing Aria,waiting till her eyes was closed then pulling the trigger. Completely ignoring the fact that Aria was next to Koby and his blood splattered all over that dress you bought her,and her neck and arms." Brandon seemed fine in telling the whole story,and its odd how they're speaking about me and I'm right here.

"It's not that I wanted him dead,he had to. He posed as a threat."

"And exactly what happened  that gave you the idea that Aria was upset?" She asked on.

"Her tears."

"She did not cry," I snapped at Brandon "she did. .exactly what Aria does,separated herself from me and stuck to that mood. But I can tell you that everything's okay,she's fine."

" And what are you basing that off of?" Penelope remarked.

"Yeah,how has she forgiven you that quick? When did you apologize that quickly?" Brandon asked, factly.

I did an eye roll and sat up in my chair and put my hands in front of me. "For your information since apparently you two ask the questions now,she apologized first. And everyone in here knows that there's things that I wouldn't normally do then do it anyway for Aria."

He scoffed and put the folder on the table.

"Zachary, you can't keep doing this."

I rose my shoulders in defense and asked, "Do what?"

"This! You can't continuously,constantly do what you specifically know to upset Aria and base your reason on her always coming back to you. Didn't you say you saw Niall as a threat?"

"I never said I saw Niall as a threat,I just don't like him."

"Okay,why? He knows why,if everyone was paying attention that day then they know why,Aria probably knows why too."

Still feeling offended and escalating,I shook my head, "She doesn't."

"Aria isn't as young minded as she looks. You have no idea what history they have and you keep risking it every time you hurt her."

"Aria would not leave me for him."

"You don't know that. . .look,with all due respect Aria has been through alot. Her parents died in front of her,then the next best thing died in her arms and she went going through a coma of depression for three years. All I'm saying is that the last thing she needs is more pain."

Now on a normal basis I would have NOT let this conversation reach to the third sentence but this is Penelope,the second out of the two to worry about me and Aria in all aspects. And (though I shouldn't) I favoritize Brandon and Penelope out of all my employers. But that didn't stop the anger from reaching to level from level,I let a moment of silence hang in the room and took the time to cool down before I cleared my throat.

"What you said,leads me to my next topic. As Brandon may have read,Koby was a leader. High in the import business and loved to find any way to make quick cash,he gave me knowledge of various groups,gangs and cartels that find Aria a perfect target to shoot at the heart of my company. And even though all my employers are either working for me because they 1)owe me a favor,2)have a grudge against one of my rivals or 3)they didn't like the previous life they were living in,I still find it my responsibility to keep them and her safe. That's the reason for the quick feet out in the hall,perimeter sweep and employee applications check. Which I'm gonna need done." I said as I looked at Brandon,he nodded then I finished "Whereas,the reason I called you in here is because we need to take a small trip."

"Where are we going when your business and main priority is here?" Penelope asked.

I stood up from the chair and pushed it in as I answered her, "Nashville,I have to see someone and make sure they're ready for presentation."

I left the room and headed for the elevator and Brandon jogged to catch it before the door closed then I pressed the 'lobby' button. Penelope never travelled with me physically but from cameras above,telephone lines and sometimes the nearest cell phones always had her behind them. Me and Brandon circled around my car and I started it once both doors were closed,I pulled out onto the road and weaved out of town.

"So when are you planning on telling me?" I asked randomly casual.

"Tell about what?" He replied,leaned back with the AC on.

"About your relationship with Penelope and trying to make it unknown to me." I grinned at their failed attempts.

"My relationships with others is none of your concern,I only ask about yours because it seems that whenever you have something good going for you ,you always put your job first. That's my main reason for always asking about Aria. You tend to be heartless sometimes."

Brandon looked from the corner of his eye at me.

"That's not true and I'll respect your space. Just make sure your connections with anyone doesn't drive this business through the mud,the media does that already."

He silently nodded then put his elbow on the rim of the window and rested his head on his fist. "So aside from that conference,how is Aria? You said she has forgiven you so how has everything went from that day on? Specifically how are you feeling,you still don't get those urges to kidnap her again do you?" This time Brandon turned to look at me.

"How can I kidnap her if she's already with me?"

"You tell me. .and you aren't getting those mood changes either right?"

"You make me sound like a preteen teenage girl. We're not having this college frat house talk where I started falling for this girl then want to have a fresh start and get out of the business I made for myself,all so I can be the best man that I can be. No."

He started laughing and shaking his head and when he was finished he said, "At least tell me if you feel something stronger towards her than you did before,if that's possible."

I didn't stop my smile from growing and I didn't answer him right away. I'm not one known (and I try continuously not to be) for showing any deep or real emotions because I try to hide them from others that can use it against me so I won't tell Brandon the note I spent last night writing for Aria even though I know he wouldn't do anything like that. She's probably the only one who can get something real out of me and make me feel something real so to answer Brandon question,I would answer with a definite yes. Which only motivates me to win this war and when she wakes up,she'll know it too.

"No comment."

***********

Till the next episode!?

Don't mind the typos,I'm trying to publish these chapters while I still have Wi-Fi.

VOTE!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9M 499K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...
7.3M 302K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
574K 51.2K 34
๐™๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™– ๐™ ๐™–๐™ง ๐™™๐™–๐™ก๐™– , ๐™ˆ๐™–๐™ง ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ƒ๐™ค ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž...... โ™ก ๐™๐™€๐™๐™„ ๐˜ฟ๐™€๐™€๐™’๐˜ผ๐™‰๐™„ โ™ก Shashwat Rajva...
302K 7.5K 109
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #2- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...