The Howls Of The Night. { Wer...

By Maroon1479

When Shawn was fourteen, his brother, Travis, changed into him into a werewolf so he'll be strong and defend... More

The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Prologue.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter One.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Three.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Four.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Five.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Six.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Seven.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Eight.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Nine.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Ten.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Eleven.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Twevle.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Thirteen.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Fourteen.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Fifteen.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Sixteen.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Seventeen.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Eighteen.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Nineteen.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Twenty.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Twenty One.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Twenty Two.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Twenty Three.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Twenty Four.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Twenty-Five.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Twenty Six.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Twenty Seven.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Twenty Eight.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Twenty Nine.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Thirty.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Thirty-One.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Thirty-Two.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Epilogue.

The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Two.

44.8K 1K 201
By Maroon1479

Her beautiful face turned to look at me. Jesus, she's beautiful. She has a baby like face with stunning light pale green eyes. Even though her hair was in a clip, I could tell it was long and thick. Her skin was lightly tanned. Her lips were full and pink, it made me want to just feel them against mine. She was short, probably five-four.

She than laid the soda down in front of me. The need to touch her made me crazy. "Here you go-", she gasped when I grabbed her wrist. I don't know what came over me though, I just had feel what her skin feels like. Her skin was soft though and I could easily smell the body spray she was wearing--green apple, my favorite fruit.

Something caught my eye and I looked down at her wrist, to see a ring. The only thought that came in mind was a boy could have given it to her. She has a boyfriend probably. The thought made my blood rush and my wolf in me angry. I don't know why. I'm so confused. A small growl left my mouth at the thought a boy could have given it to her though.

"You have to fucking kidding me.", I heard Travis say. Our heads snapped up to look at him. He looked annoyed.

I felt her little wrist slip out my hand and all I wanted to do was feel her soft skin again. I looked up at her and her cheek were pinker, almost red. She was embarrassed. She looked down at her black shorts. It made me crazy to see though legs of her. They weren't the stick kind, they actually had a little meat to them. God damnit, the thought of what she looks like without them crossed my mind.

"Uh, are you two ready to order?", her sweet voice asked, making my heart warm up than it already was.

Travis looked up at her, "No, Makenna.". Oh, the second time I heard her name. It was defiantly a beautiful name. Something in me didn't like the fact that he was looking at her though. I wanted to snap his head away from her, saying no one else but me could look at her. But I held the urge, more confused. Why do I care so much?

She nodded her baby-like face and she looked at him, "Okay, I'll be back in five minutes.". I wanted to growl at Travis for making her look at him, not me! Ugh! I just want to look in those pale green eyes again.

When she turned around and walked around, I wanted to wrap my arms around her waist and pull her down on my lap and hold her, but I held back. I felt so lonely now though.

I bit down on my lower lip as I watched her walk over to a table and ask a thirteen year old girl if she wanted more soda. I heard Travis clear his throat, making my head snap back to him.

He leaned in to whisper, but hiss, "Your in so much trouble.",

My eyebrows forward, "What? Why?", I whispered back.

He slapped the side of my head, "You idiot. You don't get it, do you?",

I shrugged, "Get what?",

He leaned closer, "She's your mate!", he hissed.

I felt my hot blood cold up as I stared at him with my eyes bulged out. No! She can't be! She fucking ruin everything! I never planned on coming here just to fall in love! Ugh! And I barley even know her.

Now I understand why everything I felt. I was so possessive and jealous because she's my mate. The need to touch her made me crazy and that's one of the signs. Oh, this isn't good. Really, really, really, not good.

"Oh fuck.", I whispered.

He nodded his head, "Yeah. You stay away though. You don't need a mate right now and she's has a hard time getting by without dealing with your ass.",

My face scrunched up with anger, hating how he knows so much about her. "How the fuck would you know?",

"Cause, stupid. I come here all the time. I know her mother is single and her father died when she was thirteen. She doesn't have any friends and she hates it here. Don't give her another reason for her to feel depressed. Got it?", he said, nudging his finger in my shoulder, but I barley felt it since I was angry that he knew all that.

But I just nodded my head, "Okay. I'll stay away.",

"Hey, Makenna!", I heard a guys voice. I couldn't control myself when my head snapped to the direction. A guy that was maybe a year older than me waved her to him. I looked at Makenna, she looked confused and hesitate before walking over. I wanted to stop her, but I stayed in my spot as I watched her.

She walked up to him and I herd her say, "Yes, Brad?",

He smirked up at her and picked up his cup, "I need a re-fill.",

"Um, isn't Kelly your waitress?", she asked, more confused.

"Come on, Makenna,", he said, hooking his finger around one of the belt holes of her shorts and pulled her closer to him with a flirty smile on. My wolf side was going crazy. How dare he touch her! She's mine! I started to get up from the booth, but Travis put a hand on my shoulder as he shook his head and sat me back down. I growled at him, but stayed down as I continued to watch. "It's just a re-fill.", the Brad guy said.

Her cheek darken, but she rolled her eyes. "Fine.", she said, taking the cup.

"Thanks.", he said, letting go of her.

I turned my head back around and took in some deep breath, trying to control my wolf. Damn it. I have never felt this way. I have never wanted to smash some guys face before like that Brad's guy. He would have deserved it for touching what belongs to me...

I shook my head. What am I saying? No, I don't care. I will never care and I'll just forget it. I don't need a mate in my life. I'll just find some fox tomorrow and get my mind off Makenna. It's not like I'm a virgin. I been lost that last year in freshman year.

The thought of Makenna being a virgin or not crossed my mind. My hands made a fist at the thought of a guy seeing her naked and making her moan made me nuts. I just need to know at least if she has a boyfriend!

I got up from the booth, but froze when I saw her put the filled cup down on the table, but when she turned, the Brad guy slapped her on her ass. Oh, he pushed the limit now.

She froze and her eyes widen from the slap and seeing me walked up. I herd Travis curse and get up, but I faster to act. I put a hand on her arm and move her away. The Brad guy looked up at me confused, but before he couldn't speak since I grabbed a hand full of his shirt and punched him straight in the jaw with the other hand, "Don't ever--hey!", I yelled when Travis grabbed my jacket and pushed me backward, making me let go of the Brad guy before I could finish.

As he pulled me away, I looked Makenna. Both her hands were at her mouth as she stared at back and forth between me and Brad, shocked and confused.

Travis dragged me out of the dinner and groaned, "Shit, Shawn!", he said, letting me go.

"He shouldn't have touched her!", I yelled as we walked over to his car.

"It doesn't mean you can just punch the guy!", he said as he angry opened the door and got in. I opened the passenger door and got in, feeling so worked up and pissed off. I felt like I could shift any second and I'm a little happy Travis pulled me out before I could shift on the boy. I need to go on a run later before going to sleep.

~

Beep! Beep! Beep!

The annoying alarmed clock went off, waking me up from my dream. I was both happy and pissed off since I dreamt of her...Makenna.

I hit the stop button and sat up on the bed before I could pass back out. After last night at the dinner, I ran for miles. For three hours, I ran than after I just explored the woods, getting to know my way around. Then, I explored the town. So, I got home at one in the morning. I had a lot to think about though and I could not get the brown-haired beauty out of my head. This is one of the reason it sucks to be a wolf.

I got off my bed, only in my boxer briefs and walked out of my small room. I went into the living room. It was a little cold, but it neither affected me or bugged me. My body is like on fire and I'm never cold. Just cause I can feel the cold doesn't mean I get cold.

I walked over to the small bathroom and started the shower. It was my first day at Ravenwood High and I coming in smelling like the woods isn't going to help the rip I'm hoping to gain.

~

"Remember," Travis said as we got out his car and walked up to the building, "don't go near her. Stay away.",

"And what if I got a damn class with her? Huh? What then?", I asked, giving him a look of annoyance since he would not shut up about last night.

"Ignore her, stupid! Do anything to make her hate you. Say she's fat or--hey! I'm trying to help you!", he yelled, pushing me away from him after I growled at him and got in his face to shut him up. He will not talk about her like she's nothing! I will not allow him to say that about her! She isn't even fat! Just because she isn't a freaking stick and actually has curves doesn't make her fat!

My brother shot the people that stared at us a look to move along and they scattered. I couldn't already smell other teen wolves here too in the whole building. Thanks to being a wolf, we have high senses and be able to tell what people are and aren't wolves from their scent.

"Come on, we don't need you to be late.", Travis said. I just nodded my head and fallowed him in the school.

The office was right near the entrance so it wasn't hard to find. We walked into the room and Travis and I gave the thirty something lady with to much blue eye shadow on a smile and was thin as a stick with a white blouse on.

"Hello.", she gave us a smile back.

"Hello, I'm Travis Gates and this is my brother, Shawn. He's new and I'm here to sign him in.", Travis said, ginning down at her flirty, but only to make an impression.

She giggled, which made me wince and I could tell she was a smoker by her gross pale yellow teeth, "Okay. I did get told their was a new stupid. Hold up a second.", she said as she looked threw the mess on her desk.

Travis and I looked at each other in annoyance. It was humans like her that annoyed us. The desperate ones for attention. I sure hope Makenna not like that...

I shook my head again, wanting to slap myself for thinking about her.

"Ah, here it is, sweet heart.", she said, holding the piece of paper out in front of me. I held my zip-up binder in one hand as I took the piece of paper in the other. I looked down at it as Travis filled out some papers and the chick tried flirting with him. I wonder if she knows he's way to young for her and he doesn't go for females who smokes. "Okay, Shawn. The Sophomore hallways is on the second floor, so if you need any help, don't hesitate to ask anyone.",

I looked up from the paper and smiled, really wanting to leave since I'm starting smell her strong perfume which is really strong. It's like she purred the whole bottle of perfume on her. I feel bad for Travis since he probably smelt it once he walked in. His senses are stronger than mine. "Thanks, ma'am.",

"Oh, dear, call me Katie.", she giggled, making want to laugh at her teeth, but I'm held the urge.

I nodded my head and told her thanks before leaving Travis to finish, but when I was at the door, he put a hand on my shoulder and leant in, "Remember, to survive here for the next two year, make her hate you.", he whispered before pulling away and patted my shoulder.

I rolled my eyes, hating how he tries to control me sometimes. I know it's from the goodness of his animal heart, but come on! I'm not a child anymore!

I opened the door and walked into the hallways. I smelt the mixture of humans and wolves around, but I easily blocked them out.

I had girls eyes on me and I grinned at them and they giggled. After a minute of walking, totally lost, I groaned. You have got to be kidding.

I smelt a wolf come up behind me and I turned around to see a tanned bleach blonde hair fox coming up to me. "Hello.", she said, giving me a one-side grin, which I certainly returned.

Hmm, maybe this cute little fox could help me get my mind off Makenna. I mean, it's not like just because I'm mated now doesn't mean I don't think other girls are sexy and this fox is sure sexy.

"Hey.", I said, biting down on my lower lip as I looked at the fox up and down. One word--wow.

She giggled, "Like what you see, wolf-man?", she asked, putting one of her hands on her hips.

I looked up at her face, "Oh man, I sure do.", I smirked.

"Well,", she said, putting one hand on my chest. "I can tell you're a sophomore, lucky for you I am also, stud bucket. You seem lost.",

Not really caring admitting that I was, I nodded, "Yeah, you think you can help?",

She pursed her lips, "I don't know. What will you do for me then?",

"What do you want?", I smirked, having an idea. Foxes like her always want one thing--to feel pleasured. Unlike normal girl, their hormones are crazier and more lustful.

She smacked her glossy pink lips, "Well, how about you come over after school? My parents aren't going to be home and I don't want to be lonely.", she said, faking pouting.

I chuckled and was about to say something, but I felt someone eyes on me from my right. Her scent mixed with green apple body sprayed hit me before I turned my head to look at her. A small gasped escaped my lips when I saw my mate. She was wearing black skirt that was a little a couple of centimeters above her knees and I could see she was wearing a red shirt behind the Hollister dark grey jacket that was zipped up a little with black old dirty converse. Her dark brown hair was wavy a little and cascade around her shoulders and she had a simple eyeliner look, making her stunning light green eye standing out.

Oh, how badly I want to run up to her and kiss her full pink lip and take her away and take her as mine.

She was staring at me confused and shock, but once she saw the fox, she got angry and looked away, storming off.

"What?", I herd the fox say to me, snapping my head back to her. She looked confused, "What's wrong?",

Did she really not see me staring at Makenna or is she has dumb of a blonde as she makes herself seem? But still wanting to get my mind off Makenna, I grinned again, "Nothing. I'll take you up on your offer.",

She smirked, "Goodie.",

***

My first two classes went by hours--well, that's what it felt like. I hate school, but if I want a high school degree and become the next Gate's child in the family to graduate, I need to suck it up and deal.

I was just happy Makenna wasn't in those classes and got my mind off her since the fox--Miranda--was there, distracting me.

I held my new math book and binder in one hand as they laid on my side as I walked into Mr. Dalton English class. I walked up to his desk, "Hey.", I said, bring his attention up from a book. Human.

He gave me a smile, "Ah, you must be Shawn.",

I gave him a weak smile, "Yeah, sir.",

"Welcome, you can sit anywhere you want. I'm not strict and picky, so go ahead. But I suggest to sit by a person you wont be distracted by.", he said.

I wanted to rolled my eyes and say 'Who am I going to know here enough to distract me?', but I just nodded my head.

I turned around to find a seat. The room wasn't filled that much and I saw lots of free desks. But I smelt a wolf near the back. On the right side, a boy with thick side sweep hair that looked like to be labeled as a skater sat, tapping his pen again a took pad he drew on as he looked out the window with a bored look on.

Not wanting to sit another next to a human again and wanting to be with my kind, I walked in the back and sat next to him, "Hey.",

He turned his head and grinned, "Hey, new boy.",

I grinned back, "I'm Shawn.", I said, holding out my hand.

He smacked his hand down on mine, "Hayden.",

"Man, no offense, but are you the only male wolf here in this grade?", I asked, looking almost begging that'll he's say no, but he just laughed and shook his head. I have nothing against him for the way he looks, but I was hoping to around what people label me--jock.

We talked more as the class filled in. I learned that's he's in the same pack my brother in--Mond Laufer, which is German for Moon Runner. I wanted to laugh at the name, but I have to respect the name and respect who's in it so I wont get beat up later.

The class was almost complete filled in and was going to start in five minutes. I grabbed the book that was in the basket under my seat and laid it on my desk.

A wonderful scent filled my nose and I looked up to seeing pale green eyes staring at me. Oh, great! Just what I need! My fucking mate in the same room as me!

Not!

She blushed and looked away, heading towards the back, but on the other side of the room and sat down, making her thick hair cover her beautiful baby face.

"I see you caught the eye of Makenna Spears.", Hayden laughed, making me snapped my head at him.

I arched an eyebrow, "What do you mean?",

He chuckled, "She's a loner, dude. She has no friends and she usually never likes any boys here. We swore she was a lesbian since seventh grade. Guess we were wrong.", he said, opening his book to the page that was on the white board.

I don't know why, but I felt relieve hearing she didn't like any boys before--which hopefully means she doesn't have a boyfriend now.

"So--she's single?", I cooly asked, trying hard to make my voice seem like I don't care.

He looked up at me again, "Yes.",

I quickly nodded my head when he looked suspicious and looked up at the front board, "Oh.",

He didn't speak for a moment, than gave a sigh and I could just a imagine a grin on his face, "You think of it now, she is pretty cute. Those legs do look spreadable--ha! I knew it!", he smirked when I shot him dagger looks and a low growl to shut up after my blood pressure rise up. Just because I have to make her hate me doesn't mean I'm going to let another wolf go near her! She's will only be mine forever--even though we're not together or anything.

"You knew what?", I whispered, but hissed it at him.

He smirked and leaned closer, "Little Miss. Loner is your mate.",

I froze, hate how it was so easy to tell. But I said threw my teeth, "Don't you dare tell anyone--especially her! I don't want a mate right now.",

Hayden leaned back with his hands up, "Hey, my lips our sealed, dude.",

"Good.", I growled. I couldn't stop myself from looking back over at Makenna. She was checking over her homework and she laid her baby-like face against her palm, looking a little tired.

God, I just wanted to take her in my arms and let her sleep. Sadly, my plan is not to make her comfortable, but the opposite.

-----

Vote-Comment-Become a fan!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.3M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
16.4M 546K 35
Down-on-her-luck Aubrey gets the job offer of a lifetime, with one catch: her ex-husband is her new boss. *** Aubrey...
4.1M 199K 101
โœ… "We always long for the forbidden things." ๐๐ฒ๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ฉ๐ข๐š๐ง ๐ง๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ฅ โ†ฏ โš”๏ธŽ ส™แดแดแด‹ แดษดแด‡ แด€ษดแด… แด›แดกแด แด„แดแดส™ษชษดแด‡แด… โš”๏ธŽ ...
10.1M 506K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...