Broken Angel

By JessEvans13

Have you ever had a secret? That you couldn't tell anyone? Ryvre Storm has a huge secret which she doesn't un... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 3

88 7 3
By JessEvans13

Chapter 3

Walking into school, the next day, I couldn’t help smiling. But there was nothing new to my life except meeting another Angel. The sun seemed a little brighter; the air smelled fresher and I felt like I was floating.

First period: maths. It’s so annoying – we always get homework. Ace kept glancing at me throughout the lesson. I had English at period four, before lunch – for some reason English was becoming my favourite lesson. Ace was already sitting in his seat as I entered the class; he avoided eye contact with me – that stung a little.

‘I hope you have been tutoring Ace, Ryvre.’ Mrs Jackson raised her eyebrows as I sat in my chair. I had no idea how to respond. I could feel Ace’s gaze on me, waiting for me to answer. I just laughed nervously and Mrs Jackson turned to Ace.

‘She is an excellent tutor, Mrs Jackson.’ Ace nodded as if he was confirming something. My jaw dropped slightly as I turned to face him. Ace winked at me and began to talk to someone on the other side of the classroom.

Throughout the lesson Ace’s wink bugged me, I couldn’t concentrate on what Mrs Jackson was going on about, she was teaching so fast that my mind was going to explode. I don’t know how I did it... or if it was even me... but, all of a sudden Mrs Jackson froze along with everyone else. I looked at the clock – it was still ticking. I could feel someone trying to fight my ‘mind-freeze’ and after a couple minutes I felt the strain of freezing everyone’s minds.

‘Okay class, I’ll go over this on Friday. Pack up... I heard there’s going to be a party on Saturday?’ Mrs Jackson said when she unfroze.

‘Yeah, it’s a ‘welcome back’ sort of party.’ I explained.

‘The teachers and staff do the same thing but at a secret place.’ Mrs Jackson whispered.

Trying to pack up really fast, I dropped my pencil case and its contents rolled out, on to the floor. I decided to pack up slower and be the last one out of the class. My plan half worked: I was the last one left in the class... so was Ace.

He helped me collect my stuff and stood leaning against a desk watching me as I packed my bag and pulled it on to my shoulder.

‘I’ve got a meeting now but I trust you to shut the door behind you.’ Mrs Jackson smiled at me and then she left.

I sucked in a breath and made my way towards the door. Ace blocked my path and closed the door. ‘Excuse me?’

‘I know you froze the class.’ Ace’s gaze bored into mine. ‘Why?’

‘I don’t know it just... happened. Speaking of ‘why’, why did you manage to resist it?’ I raised my eyebrows as I folded my arms.

‘I don’t know.’ Ace admitted after a long silence. Then he sneakily changed the subject, ‘what time is the party?’

‘Starts at seven and finishes whenever.’ I shrugged. ‘Changed your mind?’

‘I’m not promising anything but... I might go.’ Ace had a slight smile.

‘Like I care if you go or not.’ I rolled my eyes and pushed past him.

When I got halfway down the hall I glanced over my shoulder and saw Ace leaning in the doorway, arms folded, with a sly smile on his face as if he was checking me out. I continued to walk away but a smile of my own crept across my face.

At the end of the day, I decided to go to the library to complete my homework. There was hardly anyone there. I sat down at one of the back tables in the corner by the window and took out my books. Maths: answer fifteen questions. Science: research cystic fibrosis. French: learn vocabulary. English: read first three chapters. I answered the maths questions, flicked over the French words and I was half way through chapter two whilst researching cystic fibrosis on the computer.

‘You do know that you have the whole week to do that, right?’ A cool voice asked from behind me.

‘Yes, I-’I turned around to face Ace but I also caught a glimpse of Sean Williams – one of the cutest boys in school, almost as hot as Ace – walked through the door.

‘Oh, come on Ryvre!’ Ace slid into the chair next to mine. ‘You know it would be simpler if angels stayed single... especially broken angels.’

‘Save the lecture.’ I shot him a bored look. ‘You act like you’re a ‘bad boy’ but really you’re not – so stop acting like it!’ I had no idea where that came from. ‘Sorry...’ I finished my research and bookmarked my page, ‘I don’t know where that came from... sorry.’

‘Don’t be. It’s possible that there is a black-soul around.’ Ace scanned the room and his gaze locked on to Sean.

‘No!’ I threw back my chair and began to look through the books on the shelf behind me. ‘All the students here are either broken angels or human. There has never been an angel that has found their twin at this school – they’re all broken.’

‘There’s a first time for everything.’ Ace stood up behind me.

I reached for a book that said ANGELS AND SOULS and begun to pace as I flipped through the pages. Halfway through pacing I walked into someone which made me drop the book.

‘You know you’re a quick reader,’ the person joked. I looked up to stare straight at Sean, ‘here you go: angels and souls.’ He read the title.

‘It’s- Its homework.’ I lied, still mortified at how I just walked into him.

‘I’m hoping you’re going to Mark’s party on Saturday instead of studying?’ Sean smirked.

‘Yes... I am... we are.’ I gestured to Ace so the attention would be taken away from me.

‘Ace right?’ Sean asked and didn’t wait for Ace’s response. ‘Ryvre, it’s going to be one hell of a party! I’ll save you a dance.’ Sean winked and left. It didn’t affect me like Ace’s wink.

‘He talked to me!’ I squealed.

‘He’s nothing special.’ Ace grimaced with distaste. ‘I’ll go but... but promise me if I say ‘we’re leaving’ then we leave, okay?’

‘Okay.’ I shook my head. There was just the librarian, Ace and me in the library. I decided to try to freeze their minds again.

I could feel someone resisting and this time I managed to hold their minds for seven minutes. In English it had only been two minutes but there was, like, twenty minds.

‘What the hell?’ Ace whispered when I stopped.

My head was hurting so much. ‘Please, don’t start!’ I begged, not wanting to add to the pain.

‘Are you in pain?’ Ace asked, his eyes soaking in concern.

‘My head is killing me.’ I rested my head in my hands. ‘Why does it do that?’

‘Your powers are progressing but something is stopping them from using their full potential and whatever that is it’s causing the headaches.’ Ace said as he lifted my head up by chin. ‘Now let me help you... remember I have healing abilities?’ He reminded me in a gentle voice as he placed his hand on my forehead. Within less than sixty seconds my headache was gone. ‘Better?’

‘Yes... thank you.’ I said, a little amazed by how quickly it had faded. ‘Could you help me find that “something” that is stopping me?’

‘Absolutely,’ Ace smiled his “Ryvre’s Smile” again and I felt all warm and bubbly, ‘we’d need to spend a little time together... would that be okay?’

‘If you’re worried that I’ll fall in love with you, don’t be.’ I joked. ‘Oh... and my bark is worse than my bite.’ I made Ace laugh as I packed up my stuff.

‘I would offer with a lift home but I have to stay and do some research.’ Ace shrugged.

‘Nah, don’t worry about it,’ I smiled, ‘you know me: I can take care of myself.’ I mimicked his wink from earlier and walked out of the library.

When I reached the main gate, I paused for a second to look back. I consider running back into the library... but I shook it off. There was something... alluring about Ace. I pictured him smiling his “Ryvre’s Smile” and walked off out of the school and began the journey home.

Five minutes from my house, my phone vibrated. It was a message from my friend, Georgia.

HEY X CAN I COME OVER? LOVE G X

I replied with, “SURE X”, even though I didn’t know if she was allowed to come over.

When I walked through the door I realised the house was empty as no one answered when I said hello. There was a note on the counter saying: Ryvre, working late and then going to dinner. Cook yourself something to eat, love Scotia and Seth.

I decided that I wanted Georgia to sleep over so I could have some fun instead of school work. Within twenty minutes Georgia was round my house with a pillow and bags full of clothes, makeup, sweets, magazines, films... etcetera...

We were lying on my bed, with music playing lightly in the background and Georgia was painting my nails, when she suddenly came out with, ‘have you got a thing going with the new boy?’

‘What?’ My jaw dropped and my voice was high-pitched.

‘I’ve noticed how you spent a little time with him and we’ve all seen the way he looks at you and the little flirty gimmicks he does when you’re around.’ Georgia smiled at me.

‘You need to get your eyes tested if you think that he’s into me.’ I laughed but a part of me secretly hoped there was some truth to her statement. ‘Sean spoke to me today.’

‘Sean Williams?’ She stopped painting my nails for a couple seconds. ‘He spoke to you?’

‘Yes and he’s saving me a dance at Mark’s party on Saturday.’ I boasted.

‘Go for it girl! You can’t say no to Sean! He’s one of the most popular and cutest boys at school! You date him, you’ll be going to loads of parties and you’ll get more friends!’ Georgia insisted.

‘What are you going to wear on Saturday?’ I asked, trying to change the subject.

‘I might wear my little red cocktail dress.’ Georgia said, referring to the dress that looks like she’s wearing barely anything. ‘You should wear something sexy to grab Sean’s attention.’

I wasn’t so sure if I wanted his attention. ‘I’m going to stick to my jeans.’ I would either feel exposed, spoil the dress by spilling something down it or I would be freezing.

Georgia shook her head, ‘fine, take the safe way.’

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 53 30
Ciara Welsh is your average teenager but with one exception she lives on her own, her parents got divorced so they split up and she's on her own but...
12K 533 48
"I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible and when I leave, you will finally understand why storms are named after people." - Alaya Grey...
8.5K 827 48
Evie is haunted by her past, and so tangled up with her best friend and room mate she isn't even sure she remembers how to be an independent person a...
46.6K 1.6K 46
Born when her mother, Charlotte, was just nineteen years old, Rhiannon Blake has never know what's it's like to have a normal life. For starters, Rhi...