just 2 days. {COMPLETED} {Wat...

By malaynin

This book is not rated mature but it does have ONE chapter where mature content is involved so PLEASE do NOT... More

A/N
Morning
Morning
Afternoon
Afternoon
Evening
Evening
Evening
Morning
Morning
Morning
Morning
Morning
Morning
Afternoon
Afternoon
Evening
7 months later
A/N

Morning

312 6 0
By malaynin

05:00
Don't ask me why I am up at this time because to be freaken honest, I have no clue. I know school doesn't start back up until after New Years but hey, I guess my brain just decided, 'hey, let's wake up early for no apparent reason even though we don't usually have anything to do!' But it's whatever I guess. All I know is that I have approximately 2 days left before I get to see my dad.

Don't think of it as a bad thing either 'cause it's not. My dad is a drill sergeant at a base located in Virginia. My mom wanted us to move down to the state of lovers but I still had one more year left of high school and would really appreciate it, if I could finish before moving to a place full of lovie dovie nobodies.

The last I spoken to him was 2 weeks ago and we had decided that I'll be the one to meet him at the train station in West Virginia and surprise mom, since she has no clue when he is arriving. I am so excited to see him again I could cry! And if you haven't guessed, well, my dad is in the army.

But I guess you figured it out when I said drill sergeant.

Before yall get all worried and ish, he isn't in combat like the battle and war stuff. He used to that for like a year until mom made him promise not do it anymore because the thought of losing him would be too much. So he is just there to prepare and drill the hell outta the soldiers. And as much as I am proud of my dad, sometimes, I wish he didn't have to be hours away from us. It's not like I didn't grow up without him, but I still would like to wake up every morning and see his face smiling with the little crease under his eye.

But oh well.

05:30

I guess I should just get up and do everything I had planned today.

"RYLER!"

And here she comes...

My mom comes barging through my bedroom door with all sorts of clothes in her hands that, I'm guessing, belongs to me.

"Ry, you're up early ? Are you alright ?" she asks me.

I nod, knowing why she was worried.

Let's just say, I have a hard time sleeping these last few weeks since it is getting close to mid-terms and I have to study with the little time I have.

"I'm okay mom, you don't have to worry about that anymore," I placed my hand on her cheek, "because once I pass the mid-terms, I'll be sound asleep asap."

She only nodded, "Don't study too hard my dear, I don't want you to over-work that huge brain of yours with stress." She turned around about to leave, but then remembered something.

"By the way, I've found all your clothes that you have so claimed to be 'lost'. I've washed them all and now you have to fold them and put them away."

I rolled my eyes and laughed, getting out of bed. "Yes mother. When shall breakfast be served ?"

"Breakfast shall be served 3 hours from now."

"Can I go out with friends instead ?" I pleaded, even holding both of her small, tiny hands in mine.

She rolled her eyes, letting go of my hands wrapped around hers, "Yes, go ahead, but be back before dinner."

"I can't, remember I have to stay at Iowa's to help her pack for her New York trip."

"Well call me as soon as you leave her house, okay ? Have fun."

I hugged her and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "Thanks mom, I will!"

"You're welcome sweetheart, now go brush your teeth and take a shower because you smell."

I laughed and nodded, heading into my bathroom to brush my teeth and take a long shower.

07:35

By the time I came out the shower, it was already pass seven thirty. I rushed to put on some clothes and apply small makeup to my face. Once I was finished, I gathered my phone and shoulder bag and headed out the door.

The first thing I had to do on my list of things to do was to eat breakfast at Ihop with my best friend Iowa.

I didn't really plan on doing a lot of things with her today because I had a train to catch in a few hours that I may or may not have discussed with my mom. And I know lying isn't healthy and blah blah, but I was strictly told not to tell her about me picking him up. Even if I did get in trouble, I know it would be worth it just to see my mom happy again because lately she has been a little bit depressed.

I mean I would be too if my lover was all the way in Virginia and I'm in Ohio only being able to see each other on holidays or if he has time to take a quick visit. But sometimes, you just learn to live with it and hope for the best.

Iowa pulled in my driveway five minutes late from the time she was supposed to arrive.

"Hey sorry Ry, my mom wanted me to drop Kevin at the daycare." Iowa apologized.

I waved it off and smiled, getting into her shiny black Chevrolet Camaro. "It's cool, Iowa, how is baby Kevin anyways ?"

She smiled and pulled out my driveway, smoothly. "Lately he's been the most innocent and sweetest child I could ever ask for."

I looked at my best friend and raised an eyebrow. "Really ?"

Iowa rolled her eyes, but still focused on the road, not turning to face me.

"Of course not Ry! He's been bugging me a lot lately and it's starting to annoy the hell outta me. Like there was this one time he drew on the wall in my room and mom had blamed me for it, saying, 'you should've been watching him' or 'why weren't you there to stop him'. I mean I could be in the bathroom for all you know like seriously."

I laughed as we pulled into IHop. "That's crazy. I still love your mom."

Iowa rolled her eyes after saying, "Yeah whatever."

07:50

We waited in line for a few minutes before we were brung to our seats. The waitress took our orders quickly right after she set down the drinks we ordered beforehand.

"So are you excited to see your dad soon ?" Iowa questioned, once the waitress had left to fetch our foods.

"Yeah I am, but not as much as my mom is gonna be when she sees him tomorrow. Hopefully I won't be grounded for not telling her about all this."

"Hopefully."

The waitress came back with our foods and my stomach growled in response. I had ordered chicken tenders with fries and honey mustard, while Iowa ordered chicken tenders with waffles and honey mustard.

Considering it was still morning, it was understandable to get waffles. It's just too bad I'm a pancake person.

"Ryler, what time do you have to catch your train ?" Iowa asked, chewing her food rather slowly.

I took a few bites of my fries before answering her question. "Like around 9, why ?"

She smiled a little and jerked her head towards the clock, "Well I suggest you eat fast or eat on the train. I'm taking my food home."

I nodded agreeing with her. We summoned the waitress and asked for to-go-trays. It took her about five minutes to finally come back and hand them to us. I bid her a quick thank you and handed her the tip she earned. Iowa paid for the food and we headed to the train station.

I glanced at the time, and shook my head. "We aren't gonna make it. It's already 8:45."

"Ry, please have some faith in your bff. Would really appreciate it, since I'm running red lights for you."

I laughed as she ran another red light. Best friends gotta do what best friends gotta do. And besides, there aren't camera's for the first 5 stop lights.

Iowa made a sharp right turn causing me to hit my head on the back of my seat. "Ouch."

She laughed. "Sorry, we're here though."

"Thanks Iowa, see you later!" I yelled as I ran to the entrance of the train station. I gave them my ticket and ran to go look for my train. And just as I was about to step on the bottom step of the stairs, I watched, as my train took off in a rush, in slow motion.

Got-damnit. I missed my train and I have to pee.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.7K 1.3K 77
Ranked #22 in Isolation 07/25/2023 "I'm not mate material. You're better off without me." My heart clenched at his words and my wolf whined internall...
107K 1.8K 26
"You dropped this." I heard a husky voice say. I turned around to look at what I dropped and realized it was my schedule. I gasped. Damn, I would hav...
1.8M 94K 44
"New student, right?" the Principal asked me. I nodded meekly, hoping that he would turn out to be a patient suffering from short term memory loss an...
834K 22.5K 83
"Sh..." he murmured, stroking her hair. She nuzzled her face into his hand, eyes closing in bliss from the simple contact. "You've been a very bad g...