Penitent - on hold

AnaBuu

''Mate or not, you're always going to be my best friend,'' said he, but little did she know, it was all a lie... Еще

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7

Chapter 1

7.8K 174 34
AnaBuu

Trailer on the side (not the best one). Read the A/N at the end!

I've always been the one who gets extra excited prior to celebrating someone's birthday. Whether it is someone from my family or friends, it doesn't matter. I'm that kind of person who gets excited about every single thing, someone who simply enjoys the moments, smiles and laughs. However, as April was coming closer, I started getting more nervous than I'd usually be. April not only meant sunnier weather and more parties. It meant something more to me and this time, the word was about my eighteenth birthday.

Of course, as a normal human being, I'd be extraordinary happy about it. But as a werewolf, I couldn't help myself but stop and think about that one thing.

Who is my mate?

To be honest, I've never been that much worried about that fact. Not until now, at least. It was like I became so obsessed with finding out the real truth of who is my soul mate going to be. Sometimes, I think how I'm still too young to find out such thing. Sometimes, I'm too eager to find out who is it really going to be. But sometimes, I get this crazy idea of that one person being the one.

''So what's it going to be? A party?''

''It must be a party!''

I laugh at my friends' excitement about my upcoming birthday, as I take a sip of the fizzy drink I've gotten at school's cantine.

''Yes, there's going to be a party,'' I reply.

Both of my best friends, Brooklyn and Carissa, whom I've known for three years now, happily clapped their hands together, widely smiling at me. While Brooklyn is more excited about the fact that I'll celebrate my birthday at all, Carissa is more satisfied with the fact that I'm choosing to throw a party. Since I was really debating whether I should even throw something big like a party with numerous of people I do and do not know, I decided to just go for it. After all, it was my eighteenth birthday we were talking about and it was a big deal.

''I'm so happy! Don't worry Sally, we'll help you with whatever you need!'' Carissa said, but I expected nothing less from her.

A few moments later, I could smell the very known people coming through the doors of the school's cafeteria. I didn't even have to look behind my back to see the famous four walking towards us, while other people were gawking and gifted the four guys with their usual stares.

''Hi, love.'' Zach's deep voice reached my ears, as he took the chair beside mine, his long arm has already been placed around my shoulders. Trenton, Jacob and Calvin also joined us, considering how Zach is best friend with them, but I could say they are as good to me as they are to him. 

''Hey, loser.'' I mock him, while picking some of my food from the plate, before placing it in my mouth and enjoying the salty taste.

''You know you love me.'' 

Zach...

Zach Powell is literally my best friend. It can be confusing, but neither Carissa nor Brooklyn have been my friends as much as he has. He was there from the first day of my birth, since I am, after all, one year younger than he is. From that day one, I can say we became inseparable. Thanks to him, I've never felt alone. Even if there were moments when I felt like it, he was there to remind me that I'm not. But besides those moments when I was feeling down, he was the person I shared my funniest and the most embarrassing moments with. As much as he knows about me, I know about him too. And if I'd say there's not one secret between the two of us, there really isn't. All in all, Zach is one of the most important people I have in my life and I don't intend to change that. 

''Dude, move, she needs to help me with the homework.'' Said Trenton to Zach, whilst holding his English notebook, I assume, in his right hand. He looked really desperate and knowing how bad he is in that subject, I'd say he seriously needs my help.

''What makes you think I'm gonna move, dude?'' For some unknown reason, Zach absolutely hates when someone calls him dude. Then again, Trenton is very known as a person who loves to joke around and can often get on people's nerves. I find him funny.

''Because you care about your friend.''

Zach smirks, ''Now, do I?''

''Yes.'' Trenton sighs, ''Please, Zach.''

I chuckle with my best friend sat beside me, ''No.''

''I'm already failing the subject!''

Zach rolls his eyes, ''Just tell Carissa to move, she's not gonna bite you.''

At the mention of her name, she faces the boy who was sitting next to me, looking very offended by his words, ''Excuse me. I have no problem with biting his head off. This is my seat.''

''Okay, okay, enough.'' I silence them down, ''What's the problem?''

''The problem is,'' says Trenton, throwing his notebook in front of me, ''I don't know how to analyze this song without sounding like a ten-year-old.''

I look through the page where the song was written on, finding no difficulty in understanding what is it about. I demanded a pen and soon began to write with the blue ink on the white paper, using simple words - something Trenton could use too if he'd give it a try. 

''Sally, why are you so smart?'' Asked Trenton after a few minutes, while I was still writing.

''Someone has to be.'' 

*  *  *

A few minutes before the bell rang, I received a new text message from no other than my best friend Zach. It was no wonder he was sending me a message, while being in the class. I always tell him how, if he listened at least half of the things the teacher usually says in the class, he wouldn't have to do all the work at home. Unfortunately, he did not take it seriously and is still doing on his own way.

But who am I to judge?

Coach canceled practice for today. Wait me by car, gonna take you home. x

I smile at the message and reply to him, saying how I'll be there. Sometimes, I stay after school and watch Zach and his teammates playing basketball. That's what he does. That's what he loves and lives for. I don't know if it was something with his father that made him love it since the first day he was born or if he developed such strong passion by himself, but anyhow he ended up being the captain of the school's team, just like his father was once too. I know that because he was the one who told me about it. He also never found out why his father hadn't continued with it, basketball I mean, and whenever he asked Mr. Powell about it, he'd just say that something like a sport was something he loved to do, but only in his free time. He'd always put his family as the main thing in his life and that's somehow a reason why I respect him so much. Not only because he's my Alpha. He's more than that.

With Zach, though, it's different. Even though he plays basketball in his free time, he never misses an opportunity to watch professional games at home or a day where he goes to the court and plays it, even if it's only by himself. That's when usually I come in and that's how I learned how to play basketball. It was all Zach and his constant pleading to go out and play the ball with him. Of course, being his best friend, I had a hard time saying no.

But I couldn't wish for anything else.

Heading out of the classroom, I meet up with Carissa, since Brooklyn is staying for her cheerleading practice. I've never found it interesting, not that I mind it or anything, but I think that I'm more lazy, than incompetent to do so. Carissa started sharing the same thoughts with me after a few practice she went herself, but the sport just wasn't for her.

''Are you staying to watch boy's practice?'' She asks as I reach her.

''As a matter of fact, coach canceled it for today, so Zach is taking me home,'' I smile at her and the thought of seeing my best friend again.

She rolls her eyes, ''I swear, you two act like a fucking couple.''

It was my turn to roll my eyes, ''We do not. Zach's only a friend to me, best friend, childhood friend and you know that better than anyone else.''

She puckers her lips, while giving me her infamous doubtful look. I know she doesn't believe me. No one really does. Maybe it's the fact that I'm the only girl Zach's actually talking to every day and truly cares about. He is that kind of a guy who likes to sleep around, I can't deny that nor can I neglect such fact, no matter how much I want to. But never did he dishonor a girl in his life or did something a girl didn't want him to do. I know that.

''Whatever you say, my friend.''

Zach always parks his car near the entrance, so I was soon greeted with his brand new car. Well, he got it for his eighteenth birthday and even after a little bit more than half a year he's already been having it, it still looks as good as new.

''Well, see you tomorrow Sally Pally!''

I groan out loud, ''I told you not to call me like that!''

She wouldn't care less, as she laughs it off and continues to walk back to her car. In case I'm not staying to watch Zach's practice, she's my ride. And rides with her are, well... pretty fun.

Hoping that Zach won't take long with whatever that is taking him long, I check my phone and start replying to a few messages, just to kill the time before my dearest friend shows up. A few moments later, I see Trenton and Jacob coming out, but there was no sight of Zach.

''Hey Trenton!'' I call out his name, causing him to look at my direction, as I speak, ''Where's Zach?''

He smiles devilishly, ''Getting lucky.''

I made a note to myself to slap the shit out of him when he gets back.

''Seriously? Now?!'' I groan, my eyes looking at the school building once again. I don't know where he is and I'm not intending to search for him. Then again, I have no idea when he thought of showing up here. I sure as hell won't wait for him here, while he fucks around. Not a chance.

''Want a ride, smartass?'' Trenton asks me. 

What I don't like about Trenton is that his driving skills are terrible. He may be a guy, but even I - who is afraid of driving a car - would drive better than he does. The worst scenario is that he actually got his driving license and I'm still trying to figure out how. Since Jacob lives close to him and sort of crashed his car a little while ago, Trenton has been his only ride for now. So basically, he has to suck it up, until his car doesn't get fixed.

''I have a feeling I'm going to regret this.'' I murmur, as I step into Trenton's car and with the first roar this car makes, he's pulling out of the parking spot, making me wish I just went home with Carissa when I had a chance.

*  *  *

Once Trenton finally dropped me off at home, I happily removed the clothes from me, putting on the comfortable ones. I think this is my favorite part of the day - when I finally come home  from school, put on some comfortable clothes and lay down on my big white bed. As much as I like going to school, mainly because I get to see all of my friends, along with other people I meet constantly, I also like to relax and be lazy for awhile. Doesn't everybody?

I think few minutes passed when I heard my phone vibrating. It was another text. Expectedly, it was from Zach.

Where's you?

I roll my eyes.

I was the one waiting for you, so the real question would be where was you?

I'm not even mad at him. He can do whatever he wishes to do. But he could have at least sent me a message, saying how he's not going to come right away, not left me waiting. And he's never done that. Not because of the hookup, that is. 

Sry, coach wanted to see me. I couldn't send you the message. Are you at home?

This is new. The coach wanted to see him? Since when did he start to lie about his hookup?

Right. I am.

He didn't have to text me anything else. I knew he was going to show up in my room in a matter of time. I knew he was going to make or say something sweet that will make me forget about everything. I knew that, once he gets here, the two of us will once again have our moments, where it's just him and I. And there isn't going to be anyone else. Just the two little kids, still wishing to be old enough to experience the real world. Little did we know that the real world is going to turn upon us, leaving us both wishing we stayed the little kids we used to be.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been getting a lot of messages, where people asked me about the third book and here it is! I had a huge problem with writers block, but now that school's almost over and I don't have such problem whatsoever, I hope you'll all going to enjoy this story! It may sound cliche, but I assure you that it is not! So give it a chance!

Also, if somebody here didn't read the first two books - that's totally fine. This is an alone standing book and doesn't require the knowledge of what had happened in the previous books. 

Vote if you liked the chapter! Comments are appreciated! Lots of love,

xoxo

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

Wolf's Colorful Territory Anna

Про оборотней

434K 11.5K 27
Formerly known: My Overprotective Werewolf Stepbrother's Best Friend Is My Mate *This would be under slow and intense editing* Nina has a stepbrothe...
Empty Promises Estrella

Про оборотней

94.8K 3.2K 38
"I made a promise to you, do you remember it?" "Yes, and I also remember telling you to never make a promise you can't keep." In which two best fri...
His Human Mate Why Not?

Фэнтези

45.5K 1.1K 35
Amber is a completely normal girl. She sings at parties, goes out with her best friend Stacy and is one of the most popular people in school, but sen...