The Betrayer || The Maze Runn...

By datcupcakethough

The remaining Gladers went through the Flat Trans into the Paradise. What they didn't know was that Teresa wa... More

blurb
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
epilogue
Thank You's + More !

14

442 12 1
By datcupcakethough

Teresa's POV

"Teresa!" someone called out. "Hello, Teresa? You awake?"

I opened my eyes to find Minho staring back at me.

"Why are you out here?" Minho asked, his arms crossed. Suspicion was written across his face.

"I...uh," I stuttered, before Tom butted in.

"She slept here last night," he said to Minho. Minho nodded, and smiled at me. He jogged over to Aris and Harriet. Tom helped me up, and we both walked towards the mini hospital.

"So did you actually sleep here last night?" Tom asked, taking my hand it is and swinging it around. I looked down at my hands, and into Tom's eyes, completely stopping.

"Whats wrong?" he asked, and I looked down at our hands again. Tom quickly let go and fiddled with his fingers.

"I am so sorry, I just-" he was saying, but I cut him off.

"Its okay, actually," I replied, smiling. "Oh, the ibuprofen came up last night. I heard it, I think."

"That's great!" Tom exclaims. He looks down at the box and hauls two things out of it. One was a small container of pills, and the other was a briefcase that had my name on it. Tom looked at me in confusion.

"Girl stuff," I said, waving it off. He nods and then blushes, handing me the box. He examines the pills, which is probably ibuprofen, and smiles.

"We'll get this to the doctor," Tom said, already starting to head towards the shack, or also known as hospital. I walked right behind him, and felt the sun heating me up. I look up at the sky. It's the same baby blue as every day.

"Does the sky ever change?" I ask Tom.

"Nope. The sun is in one spot and the sky is always blue. At night, the sky is a darker blue, and there's a moon. It's the same everyday." Tom explained. "I'm not even sure if the sun even is the actual sun."

I nodded while he ranted about this place. Where are we? Is it another glade? I mean, the same things are happening: getting supplies from the box, the sky not changing, Frypan's oh so terrible food; the only thing that is different is that there are no grievers, and there aren't any greenies arriving every month.

We heard the pained screams of sick patients a mile away from the hospital. Every single time someone screamed, Tom and I both flinched. I was out of breath once again once we reached the top. It was an odd place to build it, up on a steep hill that was awfully hard to climb, and that was visible to everyone. I wonder what Minho was thinking when he built it. I probably need to talk some sense into that boy. Oh Harriet, only if you knew what you were doing to him.

Tom yanks the door open, and the doctor looks up from the patient and towards the door.

"What are you guys doing here?" the doctor asked, making his way to the front. His already wrinkled forehead creased as he stared at the both of us.

"We brought you your ibuprofen, Mr. Doctor... Sir," Tom replied, jutting his hand that held the pills out.

"Thank you. Oh, and call me Dr. Stewart," he said, smiling. "This sure will help the patients out! Thank you once again!" Dr. Stewart called out as we exited the hospital.

"I've got to go to Frypan's house. That shank is making me try his special meal. Hopefully, I won't die," Tom joked, as he walked backwards.

"Yeah, hopefully your insides won't get damaged," I called out, smiling. He grinned at me, and then jogged away. I sighed, walking to the box to get my package. When I arrived, my eyes widened. It wasn't there. I ran around the "glade", searching for my box. But it was nowhere. I groaned and trudged back to my house. Hopefully some random shank dropped it off and left it there.

When I reached my door, there was no box. I groaned once more, and searched for the key in my pocket. I shoved it against the keyhole, fumbling for a moment, and unlocked my door. Fortunately, the box was on the kitchen counter. I smiled as a looked at it, and rushed to it. But an uneasy feeling came over me. I turned around, and sitting there on my couch was the one and only: Minho.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, extremely confused. "How'd you get into my house?"

"I just wanted to deliver this lovely, heavily guarded box to your house. And how might have I entered your humble abode? Well, you shouldn't keep the extra key under the mat," Minho said, circling around me. "It's where everyone puts it," he whispers in my ear, then immediately pulled back. He leaned against my counter and twirled the key on his fingers. "Did I mention the box was heavily guarded?"

"So what? Now that you may delivered this box, you may leave my 'humble abode'," I said, irritated with him. He leaned on his hand and cocked his head to the side, trying to look innocent.

"If you tell me what's in it, I'll leave," Minho simply stated. I imitated him, smirking just a bit.

"If I tell you what's in the box, then I tell the whole world that you are in love with Harriet," I replied.

"Go right ahead," Minho said, hesitantly at first, but confidently as he finished. I smiled and headed out the door.

"HEY EVERYBODY, MINHO LOVES H-" I screamed at the top of my lungs, but got cut off by Minho. His hands were cupped over my mouth as he dragged me back into the house. I licked his hand trying to get him off of me.

"Why did you do that?" He softly screamed at me, taking his hand off.

"Which one?" I asked innocently.

"You know which one I mean!" Minho replied, wiping his hand on my shirt.

"Well you said that I could," I said, smiling.

"Whatever," Minho replied, walking away.

"Aw, Minho! I was just messing around!" I called out to him.

"I know, I know," Minho said, smiling.

"Hey Minho! One more thing," I called out before he left my house. He turned around, eyebrows raised as if he was expecting something.

"Why'd you built the hospital up on the hill?" I asked. Minho furrowed his eyebrows.

"I didn't build it, Gally did," Minho replied.

"Wait, what!? Gally is here, alive?" I screamed. But Minho already left.

He was alive? I sat down on the couch, wondering how in the world he was alive. Then it hit me. He joined the Right Arm. How could I forget that?

When we did the procedure on you, you lost a few memories. Including how you died, Janson replied.

Ugh, you're back, I complained, completely ignoring the fact he told me that I died. He was probably joking.

Yep. So very sad. But honestly, I think it's a blessing, Janson replied.

Why are you even here, I asked.

Open the box, Janson said. I walked over the the box, looking for a latch to open it. Once I found it, I pulled as hard as I could, but it wouldn't budge.

You need to place your thumb on a pad just above the latch. It's about the size of an eraser, Janson explained. Once I found the pad, I placed my finger there.  A blue streak of light scanned it, and made a ping noise. The latch loosened, and I pulled it, opening the box.

Inside were some more weapons, a tube of clear liquid, and pills that looked just like the ones we gave to the doctor.

What do I need all these for, I asked Janson.

For tonight, he replied, then vanished. I felt lightheaded and my vision was getting fuzzy. I bumped into the couch, and fell right on it. All I could see was the sun setting before I fell into darkness.

• • •

I woke up, looking for my boxes. It was dark outside, around midnight. I gathered the tube, and took some ibuprofen. I shoved the rest into my pocket and grabbed my hoodie. While I walked, I put the hood up and shoved my hands in the pockets.

I trudged up the steep hill and towards the hospital. Hopefully Mr. Stewart will still be there; I need to talk to him about something very important. I slowly opened the door, it's hinged creaking along with the floor boards. I spotted the doctor tending a patient, and I smirked. I walked up to the doctor and tapped him on the shoulder. He jumped at my touch, but calmed down when he saw me.

"Oh my, Teresa. You scared me!" Mr. Stewart exclaimed.

"Sorry about that," I said, smiling.

"What are you doing you doing up so late?" He asked.

"Just checking on how the patients are doing now that you gave them ibuprofen," I stated monotonously, walking around the place. The wooden walls were hand-made, but looked pretty sturdy. They won't mind a few blows, I hope.

"They are actually doing pretty fine. It is very, very good for them," Dr. Stewart replied, not noticing the tone i used. He was right beside me, smiling at what he said. He won't be smiling for long.

"Good for them, but bad for you," I say, looking back at him.

"What do you mea-" he was saying, but I cut him off my smashing him repeatedly against the walls. He pushed me, and I stumbled back. Once I regained my balanced, the doctor was gone.

"Oh Dr. Stewart, where are you," I called out.

I heard footsteps behind me, but I was too late. The doctor injected me with some serum that made my muscles ache, but I pushed him down.

"You think," I said, inching forward, "that you... can just... kill me?" I asked with rage. Dr. Stewart scrambled back, and brought out a baseball bat. He tried swinging at me, but I kicked it with my leg, smashing it.

"Seriously, a baseball bat?" I asked, pinning him down.

"Thomas gave it to me just in case of protection," Dr. Stewart replied. "Just in case something like this happens."

I shook my head. Sometimes Tom could be a shuckface.

"Why are you doing this, Teresa?" Dr. Stewart asked, while I got out the tube with the clear liquid.

"It's because I am The Betrayer. It's what I do," I said, injecting the doctor with the needle.

After a minute, he stopped breathing, and I got off of him. I pulled my hood up and started to walk away. When I reached the bottom, I noticed a pair of eyes were watching me. I turned around and put my finger to my lips, and smirked, walking back to my house. It was Gally.

~ • ~ • ~

Ayyyy I wrote 1822 words for y'all!!

I'm typing this on my mom's phone since we're on vacation, and it was so shucking hard.

Did you catch the lil teen wolf reference I made there. It's not really a reference but who really gives a klunk.

SORRY FOR THE SLOW UPDATES!! LIKE I SAID, I'M ON A ROAD TRIP/ VACATION AND I USUALLY DON'T HAVE WIFI, SO I WON'T BE ABLE TO UPDATE!!

Lol long story short, can't update for a while. Don't really have to read that^^

Looooove you!!

~ datcupcakethough

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

144K 8.1K 43
--Book two in the Subject A250 series-- She took the Grievers down. She survived the maze. She knows the story is far from over. So, how will...
1.7M 52.2K 52
in which the first girl in the glade runs for her life and bumps into a runner who gives her a nickname.
293 16 20
*i do not own the characters in this story besides Terra. The others belong to James Dashner.* It was dark. And loud. I was in a cage that was...
52.4K 1K 19
"𝐀 𝐛𝐢𝐭 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐜, 𝐢𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐞?" Where the first girl in the Glade receives a suspicious note. And ends up roping in everyone's favori...