Ultraviolet

By SizweMshanga

When a man finds himself in a bizarre world of magic and illogic, he will frantically be running to save his... More

Chapter X
The Prologue
Chapter One: Chain to the Past
Chapter Two: Blood Moon
Chapter Y
Chapter Six: The First Rendition (part 2)
Chapter Seven: Green Is Your Favourite Colour
Chapter Eight: The Queen of the Night
Chapter Nine: The King of the Light
Chapter Z

Chapter Four: The First Rendition (part 1)

3 0 0
By SizweMshanga

CHAPTER FOUR

??? : I don't get it yeah, why you so antisocial? We just wanna have a bit'a chit chat, you know what I'm sayin'.

??? : Man, red-head's blanking us, yeah.

They stand beside each other, creating a human barricade that blocks the exit to the park. The dying grass still appears to be saturated with early morning rain which in addition, has partially dissolved the fallen snow. They might as well be the only people in the world as the thick winter bed is sapping every sound aside from their hot breaths. Without any one there to help him, Eric must feel all alone.

??? : hey, don't blank us, I wanna ask you sump'n.

The older boy clutches onto Eric and begins to dig his fingers deep into his arm. The discomfort is visible on Eric's face.

Eric: .....just let me pass.....

They turn to each other and grin.

???: I wanted to know how much your mom charges for a night, not much I would assume, she's a classless whore!

Genesis: HEY ASSHOLES!

Alice: Eric!

Genesis Sinclair launches out of her limousine in anger, followed by an anxious Alice Anderson. Every trot leaves a deep stiletto imprint in the snow behind her.

??? : Wow! You even need girls to "save" you! You're such a fucking pussy!

Alice runs up to Eric and hugs him tenderly, warming him with her large synthetic fur coat.

Alice: are you ok? Why don't you come home with us today, it'll be fun! We can study together and stuff.

Eric: .... I'm sorry I bothered you both, I should've ignored them right? Or maybe I should-

Alice: Don't say that! Were friends!

???: My, If it isn't the diamond vagina, Genesis.

She stares at them with an authoritative glare.

Genesis: You know my family has shares in this high school and I have connections to the board of directors. I will get you expelled if I see you do this again, do you understand?

???: pfft, You think you're better than us and shit, just cos you're rich-

Genesis: I'm warning you! Get the out of my sight.

FLASH

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Alice: Gen? Is something up? You really don't seem 100%.

Genesis gently lays her mug of brilliantly brewed iced tea and falls onto her living room couch. The frozen cubes are already beginning to melt in the spring warmth.

Genesis: Why couldn't I be as nice as you Al? I feel really bad.

Alice turns from staring out of the enormous windows; essentially a giant wall of glass that oversees the breath-taking skyline. The Sinclair family's immense affluence is evident.

Genesis: Eric gets harassed from time to time right? Its not like he is really that sad. But I always tell him he is very victim of bullying and his life sucks and stuff like that. Its almost as though.... I want to make him feel bad.

FLASH

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Thunder and lightning rages furiously within the solemn night while a young girl crouches, weeping on the floor with no one to help her. Her voice is trembling.

Genesis: I'm sorry father! I'm so sorry father! IM SORRY FATHER!!!!! AHHHHH!!

A fist of frustration descends upon her head. Every attempted escape is met with burly arms dragging her bac by the ankles, her nails leaving scratches in the polished hardwood. Screams saturate the mansion.

Senior Sinclair: Why couldn't you be like your older brother! He behaves a way in which a Sinclair should! You're a disgrace!

His spiel continues as h perpetually smashes his fist into her young, distraught, face.

Gordon: Yes, why would you be going out with friends instead of studying? I'm so disappointed in you Genesis. You should really study more.

Gordon doesn't seem comfortable in the least, but he hopes she understands that this façade will save him from suffering the same fate. However, all that is in her heart is betrayal.

FLASH

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Genesis: Eric gets harassed from time to time right? Its not like he is really that sad. But I always tell him he is very victim of bullying and his life sucks and stuff like that. Its almost as though.... I want to make him feel bad.

Alice: Really? I think you're just a really thoughtful person honestly.

Genesis shakes her head sombrely.

Genesis: My brother was always compared to me, he was always so much better than me. I'm a burden to my family really. If I get married, our fortune will go to some other family. However, my brother has created his own company, from nothing! What the hell have I done? Nothing...I am nothing....

Alice: Gen...

She sits down beside her and holds onto their hands.

Genesis: I tell Eric those things because.....I want to feel better about myself. If I make his life out to be worse than mine, then I can feel better about myself! I feel terrible for knowing that.

FLASH

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Eric: Welcome to Cannendon everyone!

Theodore raises his arms to stretch.

Theodore: how long has it been? I smelt air this fresh in, like, forever! My, has the Cannendon River grown since the last time we were here?

He throws his arms around Genesis and plants a soft kiss on her cheek

Gordon: I feel so nostalgic being in the countryside again.

Willard: ahh! I really needed a break from university life.

FLASH

..............................

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

[Chapter four, The First Rendition (part 1)]

Lamp light flickers in the corridors of darkness, illuminating various photographs that gather dust on the decaying walls. They cast large shadows from the wandering Alice and Eric.

Alice: *giggle!*, you know, I remember you being scared of shadows when we were kids.

He turns his head to the side whilst blushing in embarrassment.

Eric: Don't remind me... grandad road that train for years. He told me that they were demons that would snatch my soul if I looked away. Humph, *chuckle*, kids are so gullible.

Alice: hmmm, well. There are shadow demons out there, you know. I've read about them, they're called Umbrae: means "shadows" in Latin.

Eric: Huh? I had no idea. You're into that stuff aren't you? You're an occultist.

Alice stops to stare at one particular photograph.

Alice: Yeah. This reminds me too. There was this weird story your old man told us: The ghost of Cannendon. You remember?

Eric: I'm his grandson, of course I would remember: The girl goes to the preacher, doesn't like him telling her she's meant to be a housewife, rejects the creator and goes to the devil snake in the cave and asks for the meaning of life, gets eaten after he says there is none. Yes I remember. It made me scared as shit to go into the cave when I was younger.

Alice: I think that it might have actually happened. There is a shrine protected by a spirit dedicated to protecting humans from her ghost and the devil, right?

Eric: .... That shrines been destroyed for years.

Eric gently reaches out and opens the creaking double doors into a dimly lit room. It appears to be a spacious study with walls of mahogany bookcases lining the perimeter. He gently sets himself upon a rotating chair, stroking his chin in deep thought.

Eric: It might be a little surprising, but life's remarkably boring whilst waiting between clients.

Alice: Meh. Makes sense, your artwork can't always be at high demand.

Eric: I spent time investigating that story specifically, and I've really kept my findings to myself all these years.

Alice: Hoh?

She sits on the desk beside him.

Eric: The people of that time wanted to enforce their morality and they wanted to enforce social structure, if that makes any sense. That story was born to teach little children of their place in society. If you don't, then you will get punished for it.

Alice: huh!?

Alice seems a little agitated.

Alice: how could you possibly say that? That was the whole point of the story right? You cant deny the creator in that way and cast it off as propaganda.

Eric then proceeds to shuffle through some files at the edge of the desk. He tosses one to her. She begins to read through. It contain mostly testimonies and

Eric: Some have thought that maybe the preacher had killed her and created the story to hide it-

Alice: But there's so little evidence to support that!

She tosses the folder back a Eric.

Eric: My thoughts exactly. It seems that something else entirely was likely. What fits the evidence the most is this theory. She was a young woman who wanted to be significant, maybe a leader. However, women in those days weren't even allowed to have a say in politics. Her looming insignificance could have driven her to suicide, likely in the cave. Perhaps even that could have been made up to deter kids from going into the cave.

Alice seems a little frustrated.

Alice: You cant say any of that. You weren't there, no one alive was there. The preacher told the words of the supreme creator, so why deny the supreme creator?

Eric: That's right too. Even though I say that, that theory is most likely, I can't deny the preachers account. No matter what, I can never say anything with 100% certainty. I believe in both and neither at the same time. The reality is whatever you want it to be.

Alice sighs and walks towards the door.

Alice: I'm curious. Maybe ill do some of my own investigating. Maybe I will find the absolute truth. But that will have to be for some other time: lunch awaits us.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Genesis: hey... I'm not sure if this is a great idea.... I think we should turn back. We need to get back soon for dinner anyway.

Alice: Gen! This is an opportunity of a lifetime!

Genesis: But what if we end up summoning something really powerful?! We don't even have that much power!

The two women begin to approach the entrance of a large cave. The floor is covered with black flowers.

Alice: If Satan himself in the form of a snake lived here in the past, there has to be a demon alter here to summon him. You know how rare magical artefacts are? ESPECIALLY demon alters. Its going ot be fine, we know spells to defend ourselves if the demon is too powerful.

Genesis still appears anxious, but they move along nonetheless.

Their hastening heartbeat can be audible as the darkness begins to envelop their bodies. Genesis switches on her flashlight.

Genesis: How long does this go for-

???: Hello? Is anybody there?

They both freeze.

???: It wasn't that long since we had a human over. A man with white hair and a girl with black who shot herself in the head. They are both long gone now. Come Lucy....

Alice: Who is that!

All of a sudden, an invisible spotlight shines on a stone table with demonic etchings on its surface.

??? : Please....be my guest hahahaahaHAAHAHAAHAH!!!!!!!!

Jgq2'6w

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

237K 3.4K 13
After living in Equestria with his friends for a long period of time, (Y/N) has finally gained feelings for all of the six Elements of Harmony. What...
27.8K 1K 34
Sunset lives with Starlight, the vampire who turned her. One day she and her friends, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Fluttershy, and Rarity hea...
366K 17.7K 18
[Im sorry the cover sucks; I don't own anything except the plot] The world is filled with many colours. And what colour we see depends on our status...
13.4K 338 10
Kozume Kenma has been dating his childhood friend, Kuroo Tetsurou, but now Kuroo is acting weird. Kenma feels like Kuroo is hiding something, and it...