The Darkness of Forever

By alanatopakian

What if something terrible happened to you and all you wanted to do was become the normal teenager you were b... More

Prologue
Part 1
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Part 2

Chapter 11

17 0 0
By alanatopakian

“Shit.” I said, staring out the window. Drake ran from the room and out the front door. “Shit, shit, shit!” I whispered, chasing after him. 

“Alice!” Drake yelled, voice frantic. “ALICE!” he ran to the fence, but she wasn’t there, and I when I put all my power in it, I could feel her still alive, though where? I don’t know, at least not yet. I took a deep breath, closing my eyes and focusing everything I had into finding Alice. Soon, my feet started to move of their own accord, going left, right, right, left, right, left, left. Though my eyes were closed so I’m not sure that was exactly right. I soon gave up on remembering how to get back, because there were too many lefts and rights, but a minute later my feet stopped abruptly, almost making me trip!

When I opened my eyes, I saw Alice just sitting there, eyes closed and legs crossed. She looked like she was… meditating. “Um… Alice?” I asked, gently poking her. She shot up like a crazed person, but then saw it was me and calmed slightly. I looked into her eyes, thankfully seeing them all purplish. No black what so ever, well except for the pupil of course. “What the fuck just happened Alice?” I asked sternly, my eyes drilling into hers. She took a deep, shaky breath, then explained everything to me. 

“So, I kissed Jakes forehead and it was like… time stopped. Jake he- he sat up and looked at me in the eyes, but his eyes… his eyes were so- so…” Alice was shaking now, sobs escaping her mouth. “His eyes were so black… so dark… I- I fell into them… and then, I remember struggling… something was in me… I needed to get it out. But the only way to do that was to go… somewhere. I- I don’t know where though, because after that I just woke up here, in this position, meditating.”

“Why were you meditating?” I asked, eyes narrowed. Alice looked at me, eyes blank. 

“I-I-I don’t know! It was just how I woke up. I- I can’t explain it… I’m sorry.” I looked at her face, and she looked so hopeless, that I softened a bit. 

“Okay.” I whispered. “Let’s go before Drakes heart starts beating again, and then he dies from a heart attack.” I pulled Alice to her feet, and we started towards Drake.

They were all sitting around the fire in the living room. There was a long, chilling, silence. No one dared to speak. Until Drake did of course. “What the he-” I cut him off with a look that could break glass. Alice looked down, then a second later, her head shot back up. 

“Where. Is. Jake?!” she asked, voice cracking with fear. 

“Fuck.” I said, then ran out of the room, unknowingly using my blurring power. When I got to Jakes room, he was just sitting up, a creepy smile upon his face, and the door slammed shut behind me.

“Nicky.” He said, voice sounding like a snakes would if it could talk. “Leave right now, or die.” I snorted, then looked at him, my eyes sharp. 

“I’m not leaving, but I’m not dying again either.” I snarled out, voice cold with fury. Jakes eyes were pitch black like Alice had said, but I had a feeling that though he may be able to hurt someone else, he could not hurt me. At least not yet. And that’s when I knew. I knew who this thing was. What it was.                                                          

“You’re not Jake! You’re one of those creepy black shadow things that won’t leave me alone! And keep on trying to hurt me!” Jake, or more like the thing inside of Jake, laughed. A cruel, bitter laugh. 

“Trust me,” it said. “We’ve tried to hurt you. But all of your power keeps us from our mission.” Jake, was seething with anger. The blackness in his eyes flashing like lightning. Then, I heard a knock and Jake smiled and once again, it was a cruel and bitter smile.    

“Nicky?” Drake yelled from the other side of the door. “What’s happening?!” I closed my eyes, trying to think of a plan. At that time, my mind just ‘happened’ to enter Drakes. 

‘DRAKE! IT’S NICKY! DON’T COME IN! THE THING CAN HURT YOU, BUT NOT ME!’ I thought into his mind. I heard him answer an okay, and back away from the door. Honestly, I had expected to have to persuade him more, but felt that he trusted me enough to not get myself killed. “Jake.” I whispered. “I know that you’re still in there. Fight the shadow thing. Do NOT let him take over you!”

All of a sudden, Jakes body started having these spasms, and like Alice, his eyes went from black to crimson, black to crimson, until they were faintly crimson, though still more black. “It’s. Still. In. Me. Too. Powerful. It’s. Fighting. Back.” Jake said, voice cracking. “You’re. The only. One. Who. Can. Get him. Out of. Me! Help!” Then, Jakes eyes went full black, and I had to restart at square one again. 

“You IDIOT!” He spat out, eyes getting darker and darker. And that’s when I remembered those movies. You know, the ones where they beat the evil guys with love? Like, when my dad came in, and the darkness left! Too much love! And same with Drake! When he touched me, he sent waves of loves into me, and that made the darkness dissipate! So, I used that information, and brought all my love into one thought, and sent it hurtling toward Jake.  

“AHHH!” He screamed, voice shrill. Then Jake fell to the floor, and a black shadow flew out of his mouth, landing on the floor next to Jake, twitching. I grabbed a paper cup from one of the cupboards in Jakes room, and duck tape from one of the drawers. I used the duck tape to make sure that the two paper cups stayed together, and I used almost the whole roll of it.

“Drake!” I called out, when I was satisfied with my work. “Alec, Alice, Will, and Grace! You can come in now!” All five of them walked in, and when Grace, Will, and Alice saw Jake lying on the floor, they fell on the ground next to him. 

“Jake?” Alice whispered, stroking his face. “C’mon sweetie, get up.” When he wouldn’t get up, I froze. I wasn’t getting a signal of life from him. All I was getting, was static. 

“I’m so sorry… he fought so, so hard…” I whispered, a tear going down my cheek. Grace and Alice were crying too, although their tears had sobs included too. Will just stood up and left, his face grave. I reached out for Drakes hand, and held it when I found it.

At the graveyard a couple hours later, we were all in black. All the men stood still, their faces hard as the woman sobbed into their arms. The children just ran around in their Sunday best, not knowing what was happening. Except for one child. A brown haired, green eyed, child. Her face was a mess of  tears, and her arm was in a cast. She looked about nine in body, but her eyes showed that she knows a lot more than a nine year old should.

I wonder what happened over there, at that funeral. What had happened to that child, making her as she is? She actually reminded me of myself, at that exact age. When my dad had died. Over here, at Jakes funeral, all was quiet. We were all still as a rock. The priest did his blessings, not knowing he was technically blessing the damned. He hurried through them though, as if he knew something was not right here, and left us to say our goodbyes. Alice stroked his cheek, her tears falling onto him. “You went so fast…” she whispered, her voice cracking as more tears came. “I love you.”

She gave him a long kiss on his lips, then left. “Jake… You might not be here, in the world as a human or vampire, but you’ll always be here, in my heart. I love you son.” Will said, and then put white roses on Jakes body. Grace let a couple tears come out, before she calmed herself down. 

“You’re my baby, and always will be. Don’t you ever forget that.” She whispered, then left after giving him a peck on his cheek.

Alec sighed, and put more white roses on Jakes body. “I could tell that you were a troublemaker from the start, but you loved my daughter. I could tell that from the start too.” He said, then left. 

“I may have hated your guts, but I wouldn’t wish death on anybody. Even you.” Drake said, placing his hand on Jakes chest. I assured him I would be okay, and Drake left. 

“I’m sorry I couldn’t save you in time. I’m sorry you had to die because of a shadow, and most of all, I’m sorry that all this was my fault.” I whispered, kissing Jakes forehead softly. I felt some of my power go into that small kiss, but I doubted it would make a difference. I started to leave, but stopped when I felt someone touch my shoulder. I spun around fast, feeling something I could only describe as bad. I fell into a fighting stance, then stopped when I saw who it was. 

“You guys all fell for it! HA!” Jake said, a weak smile on his face. 

“What? How- how could you?!” I didn’t know what else to say, I was so angry. This thing, it looked like Jake, talked like Jake, yet… it wasn’t Jake. His eyes were black, with just a small hint of crimson in them. “Don’t EVER do that again! Do you know how much fucking pain you put everyone through?!?!” I whispered, not wanting to attract the attention of everyone else. 

When I looked back, everyone was getting into the car, and waiting for me. ‘Drake, leave. I’ll meet you back at the house, okay?’ I whispered into his head. I saw Drake nod, murmur something to Alec, who was driving the car, and he drove them away. I turned back to look at Jake, and he was just standing there. I knew now that everyone was gone, I didn’t have to pretend that I didn’t know there was a shadow in Jake. Because, all the people who were here for the other funeral, weren’t here anymore. They had just disappeared. “How the hell did you do that?! The other shadow is safely locked up!” I said angrily, shaking from a random breeze. 

“We always work in pairs.” Jake said, sneering. Then he covered his mouth, and I heard him say to himself, “Shit… I was supposed to tell her we always work in thousandths. Not pairs.” I laughed to myself, then took a deep breath. But before I could say anything, Jake started talking again. “You know, Jake was barely alive before. I blocked him from you, so that you’d think he was dead. But he wasn’t. At least, he almost wasn’t. But, when you kissed him on the forehead, he pulled strength from you by accident. That was enough to make him okay again. And me. So strengthening him, strengthened me.” I narrowed my eyes. 

“Well, lets hope I can strengthen you down.” I muttered, and was about to try the whole love thing, but before I could, a voice entered my mind.

‘You think you can beat me with that silly nonsense? Well get a clue. I’m not like Jason. And that’s his name. You know, my partner, the one you captured? Yes, he was powerless, but I’m not. Not anymore. Thanks, by the way, for that extra strength. Really helped. Now, I’m INVINCIBLE!’ The voice was slithery and scratchy, making my head pound incredibly! 

“GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY HEAD!” I yelled, thankful that everyone had left and could not hear me. I put up a brick wall in my head, and attacked Jake.

‘Stupid girl. You’re just hurting him. Not me.’ The voice in my head said, though it was very faint. I jolted back, and calmed myself down. 

“I’m sorry Jake. Not you shadow. Jake. But, you have to fight him. He may be stronger, but he is twice as stupid. Get through a hole. You can do it! Just think of Will and Grace… and Alice. They miss you. We need you. Fight. Him.” I said, using some of my willpower, and sending it to Jake. Not the shadow, I sent it straight to Jake. 

“Ha! Like THAT would do anything! There’s barely enough of Jake to make this body!” the shadow answered back, voice confident. I raised my eyebrows. 

“Just you wait. Just. You. Wait.” I whispered, smiling wide. Then, like before, Jakes body started having spasms. 

“WHAT’S HAPPENING!?” the shadow yelled, as Jakes eyes turned a full crimson. 

“Jakes taking charge.” I answered, pride in my tone.

“Almost. There. Almost.” Jakes voice said. 

“NOOOO!” the shadow yelled back, as it fell  from Jakes mouth. I caught it before it could run away, and spotted an empty water bottle near a tree. I grabbed it, then stuffed the shadow into the water bottle, twisting the cap on. 

“C’mon Jake.”I whispered. “Time to take you home.” I let all his body weight fall on to me, and started walking to Will and Graces house.

When we got home to Jakes house, Grace almost fainted from seeing Jake, who after a drink, looked perfectly vampirific and healthy. But Alice, well Alice barreled towards him, showering him in hugs in kisses. After a moment, checking to make sure it was actually him, she slapped his face. “Don’t you EVER scare me like that again!” she yelled, a tear trickling down her cheek. Jake rubbed at the spot where she had slapped him, then touched Alice’s shoulder hesitantly. 

“Alice… when I told you I’d never leave you… I didn’t mean for it to be quite so literal that you could never leave ME. I’m sorry Alice…” he whispered, eyes looking down. Alice pushed his hand off her shoulder, and he looked so hurt that it made me want to cry. Then, she put her arms around his waist, and started making out with him. Right in front of everyone. 

“Ewwww! Get a room guys!” I yelled, squealing with fake disgust. Everyone laughed, but Alice and Jake kept kissing. Guess there ARE some advantages to being a vampire. You could kiss for as long as you want and never have to stop for a breath, because you don’t need to breathe! 

“I like that idea of a room.” Jake said, while still kissing Alice. Everyone groaned, and I pulled Drake towards me. 

“Me too.” I whispered in his ear as I leaned in to start kissing him. “Me too…”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

494 4 32
TRUELOVE HAS ITS PRICE, WILL YOU PAY IT TO BE WITH YOUR SOULMATE FOREVER? ***** On the night of Halloween party, Alice went to the party for the firs...
5.7K 2.8K 27
"Why are we like this?" "This is what our destiny wanted." "No this is all what YOU wanted," I said quite harshly and then definitely regretted and a...
544K 28.9K 50
There is a darkness that lurks inside of me. The evil that runs through my veins is a constant reminder of the ruthless killer I once was. But someh...
17.6K 1.5K 23
Reaching a decision that will forever change her life, not to mention the fate of the world, she seeks out the one person that can give her the stren...