Salim and Kayal #Watty's 2016...

Autorstwa StoriesfromDR

This is the story of Salim and Kayal. They are from Tamil Nadu, India and they meet in Delhi. This is a roman... Więcej

Disclaimer
Delhi, I'm coming
Assalamualaikum
Hostel life
First day in class
Nature lovers
Choose your fights wisely
Thank you Raja Sir
Rahman Sir to the rescue
Bridegroom/Scapegoat
Touching the flame
Friends???? We have rules
Insomnia = Fertility Problems??? Ouch!!
Coloring is fun
My sweet bossy lady
Let's tame the bull
Remove your jeans
Love??????
It's called as right attitude
Will she ever be mine?
It's a delight
And that's a sixer
Fifty shades and a surprise proposal
Lovers trip
How I wish.........
Eat, Pray, Love
Prince Charming is stunned
Nikkah and eaves dropping
Birthday Party and Police Encounter
First fight and making up
Unexpected Wedding
Wedding games and awkward moments
Macaroon moments
Never mess with my woman
Sikkim and secrets
Marital rights???? EXCUSE ME
Playboy??? Not gonna work
Ego?? Uff. Keep it for yourself.
The Talk
Want to be there for you
To trust and to be trusted
Pre marital what???
Earth revolves around Sun not Men.
Hey!!! I have xx and I am proud about it
Gender Stereotypes, let's break it, it's fun
Romance in the sky
My very sweet knight in shining armour
My Super Woman
One Touch
Love in an Express Train
The Proposal
First Meeting
Double engagement
Cheesy and Cheeky
Boundaries???????
Forgiving with a smile
My dream love
Mingled beyond parting
Surprise
It's the moment
Leave as 'you', return as 'us'
Fill my ocean of heart with your rain of love
Oscillating between Chauvinism and Feminism
'We' became 'Us'
Who am I?
Honeymoon???
Kabali da..
Live, Fight and Love
My bottle of sunshine
We = Us=Ours
The End
Epilogue
Glossary and Reference
Author's note
Published a new book

Women games and first meeting

2.9K 190 0
Autorstwa StoriesfromDR

Kayal's POV

Sunday is always an amazing day for me. Today, in the morning I prepared Aapam (Similar to pan cakes made with rice and white lentils batter) and Jaanu made Thengai Paal(Coconut milk) and an Andhra Style Kuruma (Gravy made with coconut milk and vegetables) to go with it. After running yes, not jogging to give it to Salim, I returned to our room. Only few minutes were left for his prayers, so I ran down to give it to him. We skip jogging on Sundays. So, I slept again. When I woke up I saw Sara chatting with John in Skype. I wanted to sleep for some more time, but I wasn't comfortable thinking that John might be able to see my sleeping pose. So, I got up, made a messy bun and left to stand in front of the laptop. I was decently clothed with a Kurta and Pyjama. Jaanu was sleeping in the other corner away from the laptop.

I spoke with John, "John , why don't you take Sara outside today? She is feeling extremely bored."

John now gave a confused expression, "I offered to take her out Kayal, but she was the one who refused to come saying she has a lot to study."

I now spoke with Sara in Malayalam(Sara's mother tongue), "Sara mol, this guy is too innocent, he doesn't even know the rules of this game."

Sara said, "You think so?"

I replied, "I know so".

John now cleared his throat, "Excuse me, I am right here. What are you talking about?"

I spoke with John, "I was telling her that you are too innocent and naïve to understand women."

John was giving me a lost look, "Is that supposed to be a complaint or compliment?"

I replied, "That is for Sara to tell you. But as a friend, let me teach you a simple lesson about women. If they say they want something, it means they want it. If they say that they don't want something, it means they definitely want it. So, when Sara rejected your offer to take her out, you should have insisted and made her accept your offer. Got it?"

John hastily replied, "Yes. Yes. I got it."

I now gave a cheeky grin, "Okay both of you continue, I am leaving."

Only when I moved a little, I saw Salim in his chair. It seems he was reading the Holy Quran. I felt something was missing. It took me a moment to realize what was it? I texted Salim about it in our group and left to get ready. Today I had planned to visit British Council Library.

British Council Library was amazing. I had some wonderful time there. I took an auto to return to my college. As soon as I got out from the auto in front of my campus, I saw a middle aged man fighting with an Auto Driver of another Auto. He was with his family. His wife must be around my mother's age. He also had a son who might be slightly younger than me and a daughter who must be elder than me by two or three years. I assumed that they must be Salim's family from their Tamil facial features. I got near that Auto. Raju Bhai was the auto driver. 

I spoke with Raju Bhai, "Bhaiya, it seems they are Salim Ali's parents from Tamil Nadu. He is now your regular customer. So, you should offer some discount to his parents, right?"

He laughed at me and said to Salim's father, "Okay, Okay Sir. Since your son is a regular customer of mine, I will take whatever you give me."

Salim's father gave some money to Raju Bhai. I was about to walk away with a polite smile when Salim's father spoke with me. "I am Dr. Mohammed Basheer. How did you identify us as Ali's family?"

Why is he surprised? "Good afternoon Sir. I am Kayal. I guess it's easy to identify Tamilians for me. I am from Chennai. Salim is the only other Tamilian in this campus. So, I assumed you must be his family."

To this he asked me, "How do you know my son? Is he your classmate? How is he in the class?"

Such a curious father he is. All of us started walking inside the campus. "Yes Sir, we are classmates. Well, he is extremely quiet in class. I think initially he used to feel a little insecure in this new environment. But now, he has some good friends. I suppose he is comfortable now."

He nodded his head as if I was explaining some complicated theory to him. "You said your name is Kayal, if you don't mind can you tell me to which religion do you belong to? I know it's a personal question. But, what to say I am just curious to know to which religion and caste does the name Kayal fit into?"

People are so nosy. Just then Aakash came running in front of me. "Kayal, good that I saw you."

" What's it Aakash?"

He was still panting and walking along with us. "Do you remember reading any recent articles about 'Gender Equality in Government Structure'?"

"Yes, go to library and check Political Studies Journal. I think it's a March issue with a green cover. There is a wonderful article with the title saying something like, Beyond Quotas, promoting Gender Equality."

"Thanks Kayal. Bye."

"Bye Aakash." Okay time to face the world. Salim's father was walking with me with an expression which clearly meant that he was waiting for my answer. "Sir, I am anti- religious. I don't belong to any religion." Thankfully, I didn't sound rude this time. I am normally little rude with people who ask me about my religion.

He gave me a surprised look. "You mean you are an atheist".

"No Sir. I believe in God. But I don't believe in religion. My God doesn't have a name, form, shape, home or a book. My God resides in my heart and I try to see God in each and every person I see".

Now I saw Muskaan coming towards me with her father. She offered me a chocolate because it seems she got second prize in a Rhymes Recital Competition. Her father thanked me yesterday. Even though she was a little off the mark with writing, she was amazing with her memory power. So, I taught her a simple rhyme for the competition. I hugged the little girl and kissed her cheeks. She gave me a grin and started speaking, "Thank you so much Didi(Elder sister)."

Her father who was a gardener in our campus also thanked me. "Thank you so much Beta(Son, used for daughters as well). Thank you for helping her out in her studies."

I smiled at him, "No need to say thanks Uncle. She is an intelligent girl."

I turned towards Muskaan, "See you tomorrow Beta." She waved me a bye and left with her father.

Salim's father was still giving me a probing look. "Kayal, now I am extremely curious. Why do you have to be anti religious?"

He is asking too many questions for a person whom I just met ten minutes back. "Sir, I believe in this world religion has done more harm than good. It has divided more people than united. If not for religion this world would have been a better place to live in. We need to fear God, but not religion. Only when we belong to a religion we get this feeling that we are better than the other person because we belong to this religion and we follow this faith. People tend to have this superiority complex which normally people mistake as simple pride in religion. People fight to protect it, try to establish its supremacy, and then battle to spread it. So, I think that answers your question. I don't want to belong to any religion. For me religion is like a layer of clothing which I don't need. I want to respect and love people for what they are and not for their clothes. I mean the religion to which they belong to".

He again gave me that Professor's nod. His family was quietly following us. "Have you ever given a thought about Islam? I mean you should read about it".

Isn't he catching my point? "Sir, I respect Islam because people like your son Salim lower their gaze when he has to talk to women because Islam asks him to. But, at the same time I can't accept it as my religion. I don't need a medium to guide me towards my God. I can connect and communicate with my God without these. On top of it, I am a feminist. I believe all the religions in this world are created by men to control women. It is just a way to show their dominance towards women".

I think by now Salim's mother sensed my hidden anger and decided to divert the topic. "Tell me Kayal, how is the food here?"

Thank God. "Mam, our cook here is really sweet. She lets us cook every now and then. But, generally the hostel food isn't that great." I didn't want to tell her that I cook her son's pre dawn breakfast daily. I have no idea whether Salim might have said all those things to his mother or not.

To this she sighed. "I pity my son. I wish he studied somewhere down South."

Well, I had to ease her mind. "Actually Mam, sometimes it's better to get out of our comfort zones and face the world. This course in Delhi gives us a great exposure. This will prove to our advantage when we enter the job market".

It seems she still wasn't satisfied. "Today is his birthday. Even though we don't celebrate Birthdays in western fashion we bless and make dua's for our children. That's the reason why we came here, to surprise him. I didn't want him to stay away from his family on his birthday". To this I simply smiled. I didn't know that today was his birthday. Suddenly she remembered something and asked her son who was accompanying the family to call Salim and tell him that they are on their way to meet him and ask him to wait in the waiting area of his hostel.

Call it impulse I suddenly blurted, "I have a better idea. You can make him come down without him having to know that you are here. I will play messenger". I picked up my phone from my handbag.

I could sense a little bit of unease in his father's eyes. "You have my son's number".

Oh yeah. It seems he is worried about me being a bad influence on his religious son. "I do have his number Sir. Because six of us are project partners and all of us communicate through our WhatsApp group. None of the girls speak to him personally over phone and he never calls girls. Even now, I am trying to call his roommate John". That was close to truth. I don't want to spoil Salim's reputation. With that I started speaking with John over phone.

"Hai John, is Salim with you right now?"

John being John replied, "His highness is gracing us with his presence".

"Great. His parents have come here to surprise him for his birthday. So why don't you bring him down to the waiting area within five minutes giving your trademark crazy reasons".

"Wow, I will do that. Between, I was about to call you about my Foreign Policy assignment. I have completed it, I just want you to go through it and give me your suggestions."

"That's great John. Share your assignment in Evernote and I will post my feedback. Now we are nearing the roundtanna, his family should reach there in few minutes. So get down fast".

"Okay, done, bye".

Salim's father gave me a questioning look, "Is John your boyfriend?"

Why is he judging me? "Oh, no Sir. He is my friend, who happens to belong to male species. You have to now take this right which will lead to Boy's Hostel. Bye Sir". I was just trying to bid bye to Salim's Mother when Salim's sister approached me and spoke slowly in my ears.

"I need to use a restroom. Where is it?" I thought that the best option was to take her to our room instead of letting her roam in the campus.

"Well, you can come with me to our room". She signaled her parents and came with me. I was happy to be away from her father's scrutinizing eyes. Suddenly, I heard a chuckle and turned towards Salim's sister who was walking with me.

"I can see the relief in your face". What do I tell her now? Oh my God.

"Well............"

"Never mind Kayal, My father has that effect on some people. I am Fathima, Salim's elder sister. I finished my Post Graduation in English Literature. I am working in a Publishing Agency".

"Wow that's great. It must be so cool to get paid for reading novels. So who is your favorite writer in fiction?

"Anuja Chauhan is my new favorite."

"I have read her books. 'The house that BJ built' is her best work."

She said, "I love her books. As a matter of fact, I am also a big time fan of Mills and Boon. Poor Ali, I spoiled him with my romantic books".

I simply smiled not knowing how to respond. By now, we had reached our room and I showed her the restroom. She came out within few minutes. I served her some water and snacks. She drank the water and took few snacks. I introduced her to Sara and Jaanu. Just when I thought she was leaving, she turned around. "Kayal, can I have your mobile number and facebook id. Just to stay connected".

How can I say no to a girl? "Oh yeah." I shared my number and facebook id. Even though she told me that she can go by herself. I didn't want her to go alone in this campus. So I asked John to inform Salim to pickup his second surprise from the roundtanna. As soon as we walked towards Roundtanna I saw Salim and John coming towards us. I bid bye to her and returned to our room to attack food. Okay, there is nothing to actually attack. I just have to fill my growling stomach.

Readers please vote, comment and share

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

766K 28.9K 34
Book 1 of the Second Chances Series #43 in spiritual as of December 2017 #6 in muslimlovestory as of July 2018 All her life, Mariam Waseem had been t...
270K 14.3K 59
Dua Shah the innocent girl with a devastated life. Never loved by anyone from her family. She lost her mother in early age. She lives with her father...
5.8K 105 14
It's a love story between a college girl and a handsome ceo 💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜 Swetha Natrajan❤️ She is a 20 years college girls who is s...
321K 11.8K 36
Highest rank: 20 in romance on 30/11/16. 52 in romance on 10/02/17 76 in care 90 in indian 99 in romance on 17/07/17 273 in togetherness Hiii everybo...