Will she ever be mine?

Kayal's POV

John's message annoyed me. Thankfully, he sent a sorry after that. I didn't care to reply for his sorry. After the break it was Jaanu and Harneet's presentation. Harneet, it seems didn't prepare much. Jaanu was dominating and Harneet's presentation was pretty bad. Jaanu has changed a lot. She is no more that shy girl whom we saw on our first day. Same thing happened with Sara. Sara was a little dominating than Aakash. Every now and then he tried to say something in the Q and A session. But his answers were really dumb. Thankfully Sara rescued him. John was with Megha. Megha is an extremely lazy woman, to get work out of her is like making ropes from beach sand. That is impossible right. That's what I meant. So John took the majority of the portion, leaving only simple topics for Megha. She hardly participated in Q and A sessions.

When all the presentations were over, Professor Adhikari spoke, "The main reason, why I made a team with a boy and a girl was I wanted all of you to know how it is to work closely with opposite gender. When you step out of this college, you should be comfortable working with everybody. But what I saw today was mostly a disappointment. There were lions like Harneet, who mostly did nothing except to stand and let the lioness do all the work. And there were people like John, who did all the work whereas his partner stood like a mannequin. I don't prefer both these attitudes. Girls, you shouldn't let boys take advantage of your sincere work. Make them work. Same thing, for boys who ended up doing most of the work. This isn't right work culture. I give credit where it is due. My appreciation is for Kayal and Salim Ali's team. Both of them were equally good. Both of them participated whole heartedly. I could see their combined hard work. They make a good team. Above all, it is very hard to change my opinion on a subject. Today both of them succeeded in doing just that." 

I had the urge to turn towards Salim but stopped myself because I don't want to make him feel uncomfortable in front of the whole class. When Professor Adhikari stopped speaking, I stood up and said, "Thank you Sir." After that Salim also stood up and said, "Thank you very much Sir." Professor Adhikari simply nodded his head. Bell rang soon after that.

When the classes were over, I rushed outside, but took my mobile out to text in the group. "Salim, thank you very much for your co-operation."

To this he replied, "Thank you for inspiring me."

Inspire, Oh my God. It is too much. "Salim, inspire is a huge word to say for a person like me. Still, I am happy to know that my style of working gelled with your style. Thank you again."

He replied, "You have no idea about how much you have inspired me to work hard. As with our working styles, Alhamdullilah for that."

What do I reply to this? "Pleasure is mine Salim. Gonna have lunch. Catch you later. Bye."

Instead of replying 'Bye' in the group I got a message from his number. Is he trying to say a secret? I hurriedly opened the message. "You don't have to reply, if you are eating now. Going to the theatre was my idea. But, calling you people was not my idea. Really sorry, if you think that we crossed our limits. Bye."

I replied, "No need to explain yourself Salim. I assume Harneet must have proposed that idea. John must have advocated it, leaving you with no choice. I know you might have never even thought about it. Asking out is not a crime, but insisting when we give no for an answer is frustrating. But, you don't have to bother too much. Everything is settled now. Have a nice time with your friends."

He was quick to reply. "Thank you so much for trusting me."

I replied, "You are trustworthy Salim. Bye."