And that's a sixer

Salim's POV

Sunday morning started with Kayal's Aapam(Pan cake made with a batter of rice and lentils), Thengai Paal(Coconut milk) and Kuruma (Vegetable gravy made with coconut milk). She ran towards me to give that breakfast. I so wanted to tell her not to take the trouble of waking up early for me. But then, I also secretly loved that she cares for me. The gravy was little too spicy for my taste. I assumed Jaanu might have made it.

When I returned to our room after my prayers, John was chatting with Sara on Skype. In the background, I could see Kayal's leg. Yes, she was well clothed. But, I didn't want John to look at her sleeping pose. I was annoyed at Sara for being so careless. Suddenly Kayal woke up, I couldn't see her face but I was happy that she woke up. Within few seconds she came in front of the camera and started talking to John. My jaw must have dropped to the floor. How can somebody look this beautiful just after waking up? Her hair was in a messy bun. But, she had a glow in her face. Since the first day I saw her till now, I have never seen her, this beautiful. Today, she was extremely beautiful just coming out of bed. I think all her natural beauty gets rinsed off after taking bath.

I didn't want to make her feel creepy. So, to distract myself and put my mind in the right path I started reading The Holy Quran. Within few seconds, I got a message notification in WhatsApp. Normally, I don't respond to messages when I am praying or reading the Holy Quran. But today, since my mobile was in front of me, I could see the first few words of the message. It read, "Salim, I think you forgot to cover". The message was from Kayal and I was curious to know what exactly I forgot to cover. I opened the message and it read, "Salim, I think you forgot to cover your head." It took me few seconds to understand her message. Normally, while reading the Holy Quran we have to cover our heads. Today, I forgot to cover my head. I immediately went to my cupboard and took my skull cap and wore it. She must have seen her Muslim friends covering their heads while reading the Holy Quran . So, she must have reminded me. I replied "Thanks for reminding me". In a way I was overwhelmed by her simple gesture.

I couldn't see her in the screen. I continued with my reading and after few minutes John stopped chatting with Sara and left to get ready. John said, "I am leaving with Sara for Church and will be back soon."

I replied, "Okay John."

John went near Harneet and woke him up. "Harneet, you have a date today. Do you remember?"

Harneet woke up, "I may forget about my lessons but I can never forget about my date. I will wake up in few minutes".

Within the next half an hour both of them left for their respective dates. Today I wanted to go to my Peribaapu's(Elder Paternal Uncle) place. But, it seems that everybody in the family will be leaving for a function in the morning. So, they promised to pick me up in the afternoon on their way back. I was feeling lonely for a while, but then I occupied myself with my studies. John returned very soon. It seems Sara wanted to study for our exams. Both I and John were occupied with our Foreign Policies Assignment when he got a call. He said, "I was thinking of calling Kayal, now she herself is calling me. Wow."

I was curious to know why Kayal called John. I don't know what she asked him, but he replied, "His highness is gracing us with his presence".

Did she ask about me? He then talked about his foreign policy assignment and kept the phone down saying "Okay done, bye."

He now turned towards me, "Happy Birthday Ali. You didn't tell us that today is your birthday. It seems Kayal has brought you a surprise, so she is asking us to come down."