Bound By A Bump (COMPLETED)

By Juette_Curtina

"A little stress release couldn't hurt anyone." With that thought in mind, Kaylyn Fisher decided to be a reb... More

Prologue
Chapter 1(The results of a mistake)
Chapter 3 (Confrontations)
Chapter 4 (What money can't buy)
Chapter 5 (The offer)
Chapter 6 (Hope)
Chapter 7 (So we meet again)
Chapter 8 (Interview)
Chapter 9 (You?!)
Chapter 10 (Need to talk)
Chapter 11(You will...I will not)
Chapter 12(Final Decisions)
Chapter 13(Sapphire)
Chapter 14 (It's off)
Chapter 15 (Her plan)
Chapter 16 (The call)
Chapter 17 (Trying to make amends)
Chapter 18 (What work?)
Chapter 19 (Getting Ready)
Chapter 20 (Admiration... Lust)
Chapter 21 (Confirmation)
Chapter 22 (Harsh words)
Chapter 23 (Not defeated)
Chapter 24 (Chaos)
Chapter 25 (Ultrasound)
Chapter 26 (Sadness...Anger)
Chapter 27 (Home)
Chapter 28 (Bitter Faith)
Chapter 29 (Apologies)
Chapter 30 (Baby Talk)
Chapter 31 (What happened?)
Chapter 32 (Father, daughter talk)
Chapter 33 (A kiss to comfort)
Chapter 34 (Cupid's up to something)
Chapter 35 (Someone's at the door)
Chapter 36 (Parents)
Chapter 37 (Marsha)
Chapter 38 (Karma...Catherine)
Chapter 39 (Peace of mind)
Chapter 40 (Surprise)
Chapter 41 (Lost hope)
Chapter 42 (Movies and poppity corn)
Chapter 43 (A Red Dinner)
Chapter 44 (Anticipation)
Chapter 45 (Love)
Chapter 46 (For the first time)
Chapter 47 (Home sweet home)
Chapter 48 (For Dad)
👑Epilogue👑
Random Stuff, Q&A...Me again!
Faith's story!!! (book 2)

Chapter 2 (The Visit)

431K 14.7K 1K
By Juette_Curtina

After pondering over Faith's advice for the entire night, Kaylyn decided that she would go through with it and pay Matthew Mayhew a visit.

      She swallowed as she gazed upon the huge building that towered over her, making her feel inferior already. The building stood tall and was one of the biggest software companies in the state. She huffed out a breath, and stepped inside, her stomach churning with nervousness.
Business personnel's lined the marbled floor, their shoes clicking against it as they walked, their heads held high in neatly tailored suits with briefcases in hands. Some passed and turned up their noses at her, Kaylyn swallowing hard as she stared down at her pair of roomy worn out jeans, and a T-shirt covered beneath her hooded grey sweater.

She sighed and walked towards a dark haired woman behind a desk. At the sight of her, the woman's smile dropped from her face, her lips drawn in a thin line.

      "How may I help you?" she scoffed, giving Kaylyn an unpleasant once over.

Kaylyn knew her type so well it was almost laughable. "Is there a Matthew Mayhew here?" she asked in the same unpleasant tone.

The woman cocked a brow.
  "Yes he owns this building. Do you have an appointment?" She asked prickly.

Kaylyn sighed. "Can you just tell me what floor he's on?" she asked.

      "Do you have an appointment?" The woman pressed, straightening her already ramrod straight posture.

Kaylyn rubbed her temple and sighed. "Look lady, do you know which floor he's on or not?" she snapped between clenched teeth.

The woman glared at her for a couple seconds before she conceded. "Mr Mayhew is on the tenth floor," she ground out tersely.

Kaylyn smirked as she stared at the severe bun at the back of the woman's head. "Nice style you've got there," she exclaimed, pointing at the hair style.

The woman's lips curled up slightly, smoothing out her hair. "Oh thanks," she said, her voice still unwelcoming.

     "Yep, my grandma's favourite!" she grinned then walked off, hearing the woman's gasp from behind.

                                 #

Kaylyn caught an elevator and pressed in the number for the tenth floor. It was packed with business people, the silence almost deafening. And to make matters worse she was right at the front so she knew she'd have sceptical eyes on her. She jumped when her phone rang, side glances focused on her long strapped bag.

     Kaylyn muttered a curse under her breath as she clumsily rummaged through the bag in search of the alarming device. She pulled it out and sighed when Faith's name and picture popped up on the screen.

      "Yes Fay, what's up?" she whispered.

       "Are you there yet?" Faith asked, her voice ringing through the phone and filling the elevator.

Kaylyn nervously glanced at the persons and smiled stiffly, turning her head. "Uh, yes I'm there and I'm on my way to see him now," she ground out tightly.

       "OK, so just don't chicken out, OK? You must tell him about the baby today today," she warned.

All eyes turned to Kaylyn, looking at her from head to toe. She wanted to sink through the floor.

       "Yes!" she whispered harshly. "Look, I'll talk to you later. I've got to go," she said then disconnected the call. She sighed, the elevator ride seemed like a trip to Mars at the moment.

When it finally stopped, some came in and some got out. Soon after, only three persons were left in, including Kaylyn, an old man, and a younger male about her age or bit older.

Kaylyn worked up her mouth as she stared blankly ahead, not knowing what else to do.

      "Hello," a voice said, almost startling her. She spun around and looked upon the smiling young man with his deep brown hair and bright blue eyes.

Kaylyn smiled. "Oh hi"

      "This is the first time I'm seeing you around here," he said with a soft voice.

Kaylyn licked her lips. "Well yes. I'm just here to see someone," she briefly explained.

     "Oh, I figured," he smiled.

Kaylyn nodded, and refocused her gaze ahead. The elevator stopped again, and the old man came out.

One more floor left to go! She rejoiced inwardly.

      "So, if you don't mind, may I ask who you're here to see," the man asked.

Kaylyn smiled politely as she looked at him. "Well yes. I do mind," she pointed out slowly, trying her best not to sound harsh.

He chuckled and scratched his head. "I take that. It's just that maybe I can help you in finding who you're looking for."

     "I'll manage just fine but thank you."

Kaylyn smiled, and whispered a small thank you moments later when the elevator stopped.

She stepped out. "Nice meeting you," she said, and then walked away. He stepped out of the elevator and ran behind.

     "May I at least know your name?" he asked, stopping in front of her.

Kaylyn hesitated for a while. "Kaylyn," she said then stepped around him.

     "Nice name!" he called.

Kaylyn smiled to herself.

                                 #

        "I'm here to see Matthew Mayhew," Kaylyn said as soon as she came upon a small blonde, seated around a small table.

She smiled. "Well what's your name? Do you have an appointment?" she asked, pushing up the glasses on her nose.

      "Er- no I don't have an appointment. I just want to speak with him for a short while," she smiled back.

       "Um- you have to have an appointment, but I'll see if I can do something for you," she said, eyes glued to her computer.

      "Thank you," Kaylyn exclaimed, relieved.

Well, at least she wasn't a snob, she thought.

Kaylyn watched as the woman turned from her computer to the intercom. She pressed a button and smiled up at her.

      "Uh, yes sir. A lady is here to see you," she she paused, "No sir she doesn't have an appointment but-" she paused again, listening to the other end. She looked up at Kaylyn.

     "I'm sorry, he says only appointment," the girl informed, throwing Kaylyn a pitied glance.

Kaylyn sighed. "Can you please tell him it's very important?" she pleaded.

The girl nodded. "Sir, she says it's very important," she exclaimed into the machine, turning bright red for a moment before she said, "OK I'll send her in, smiling up at Kaylyn.

    He's through that door, she smiled, pointing to a door on the left.

Kaylyn grinned. "Thank you so very much," she exclaimed sincerely.

The girl blushed. "Yeah, no problem."

Kaylyn exhaled a heavy breath as she paused at the door, trying to get her nerves under control. She knocked, not awaiting an answer, and then she went inside. The fresh, familiar scent of his musky masculine perfume permeated the room and caused Kaylyns level of nervousness to pique.

She glanced ahead and realized he had not looked up to acknowledge her presence, but instead, his eyes were focused on the work before him.

     "Well, you have one minute to give me a justifiable reason for wasting my time?" he said, still not looking up. "What's your name?"

Kaylyn was surprised by his tone, unable to believe that this was the same man whose voice contested the smoothness of velvet and whose charm could make a girl's toe curl. He was an asshole and it made Kaylyn angrier at herself for allowing that one night to ruin her life.

       "My name is Kaylyn Fisher," she finally said, deciding to get it over with and be on her way.

     "Your answer is incomplete," he drawled.

Kaylyn hissed. What the heck, if he wasn't going to be polite about anything, well fuck it!

      "I'm here because I'm pregnant with your baby," she exclaimed thickly.

His head shot up instantly, his green eyes shooting daggers while Kaylyn on the other hand felt her knees grow weak by her own declaration.

___________________________________

Yaaas, that's it for this chapter!!! I hope you guys enjoyed.... Let me know if you did! :)
Laters baby!!
-juju

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.2K 1.5K 42
She had her own apartment, her own job, and her own life. Nothing to drag her down. Everything was perfect. Her abusive parents weren't in the pictur...
165K 1.2K 10
Never yours series. Book one. Laurel Hyde; one of the most beautiful and most sexiest women in the world, Hollywood's A-lister, businesswoman and mod...
6M 234K 45
"Wait let me get this straight, you want me to get fat?" Cara does not know if she should be offended or threatened. Was this his grand plan to make...
23.1M 562K 44
PUBLISHED WORK!!! 30% OF THE STORY HAS BEEN TAKEN DOWN. Available on Amazon in paperwork and PDF (KINDLE) format. You know those kind of stor...