Don't Think Twice

By radhikak

Airi, a nineteen year old college sophmore, enjoys the single life. Just when she's sure that drama will be a... More

Ch 1: A dirty virgin, a night of shots, and a sex god.
Ch 2: A "virgin" who loved it and a "virgin" in denial.
Ch 3: The unknown gets you beaten up.
Ch 4: You WHAT?
Ch 5: That devil with those sparkly green eyes and a killer smile?
Ch 6: Klondike bars...who knew?
Ch 7: Spontaneous-ism and Loose Strings
Ch 8: Kisses and Suntan Lotion Set the Mood
Ch 9: Beach activities with a Pinch of Lust; but Cellphones Ruin it All
Ch 10: Only She Can Take this Off My Mind
Ch 11: Sex is the Key, when You Don't Get Caught
Ch 12: My Lips On Yours Will Make You Like Roller Coasters, I Promise
Ch 13: A Round of Strip Poker Lingerie and He Still Don't Want None
Ch 14: A "Naughty" Shop On Campus; Need I ask?
Ch 15: Junior Year; Day One and SHE's in My Class. Shit.
Ch 16: The Mission with a Blindfold, Handcuffs, and.... You Guess.
Ch 17: Showers and Breakfast at Mimi's, Perfect Way to Start the Day
Ch 18: Tippy toes and twirls.
Ch 19: I Should Get Her....
Ch 20: Black Swan Whips Her Prince in the Ass
Ch 21: Apologies and Punishments
Ch 22: I'll Have an "I Love You" With "Injuries" on the Side, Thank You
Ch 23: A Doc's Appointment that soon went Seductive.
Ch 24: Trippin' Costumes with Your Average Grind
Ch 25: CATFIGHT! When are those not hot?
Ch 26: The Black Swan Learns how to Flap her Wings
Ch 27: What You Didn't Know, Does Kill You
Ch 28: POST-Depression Sex and Thanks Giving Proposals
Ch 29: Silk and Fish Scales
Ch 30: Lace, Love, Lift Off
Ch 31: Your Flight has Arrived
Ch 32: Freaking Around
Ch 34: Cries+Shots+Strawberries=WIN
Ch 35: A Crack in the Cement
Ch 36: Brazilian Soap-Opera, No Joke
Ch.37: Admitting it
Ch 38: Need
Chapter 39: The End

Ch 33: Jewelry and Jealousies

3.4K 29 7
By radhikak

OH MY GOSH! DID I UPLOAD? AND ON TIME FOR ONCE? lol, it's true. i saw that i got a few more comments from last time. that means you guys are telling me you care, right? So to those of you who did comment and vote, this one's for you.  The conflict is almost here, I swear. Just bare with me! :) Please COMMENT, VOTE, and FAN. oh, by the way, i've started a new thing where i post a song for each chapter (it will usually be a song mentioned in the chapter or one i was listening to while i wrote it.) SO there you have it! =]

Chapter 33: Liam

                The time was approximately 7:39 pm and Airi was still in the bathroom doing god knows what. The girl looks good in a regular ponytail but no, she still insists on taking up an hour to properly groom her curls.  I lay on my bed, deciding to ignore the nagging in my head that warned me of how Airi would yell at the new born folds in the tux. The bow tie she had knotted only a few seconds ago was blocking the airways of my trachea but I did not dare to complain considering Airi was in a fierce mood today. Let us not forget the eventful, well, event of Merelise walking on us after having bath sex.  After that, I promised myself I would not speak of sex for a few days just to lay low.

                “Alright, I’m done. What do you think?” She came out in the dress I bought for her. Though I had seen it on her before, she didn’t fail to surprise me yet again. I guess when it all came together— the jewelry and the smiling expression in her eyes that hollered nothing but exhilaration—it was an entirely foreign look. She batted her lashes flirtatiously, twirling when she caught me grinning like a fool. I perceived everything today. Not a factor missed. She had put on a little eye make-up tonight. Her lips were a shade darker than her usual pink color. Her ears were adorned with chandelier-like earrings. A delicate diamond bracelet locked around her thin wrist. The beauty of soaring waves, the shade of cerulean with wisps of champagne ocean foam gliding over the shore of crystallized sand was inferior to her tonight; she looked that exquisite. Her hair was styled in an intricate way, it seeming supple as silk. It was as if she had braided a part of it to use as a hair band, then tying it with the rest into a loose bun. I have no clue how chicks do it. But of course Airi doesn’t have to put in that much effort to turn me on.

                “You look amazing,” I said, feeling like an idiot shortly after. Amazing was not the greatest word out there to describe what Airi looked like right now.

                “You look pretty handsome too, Liam.” I hooked her arm into mine, leading her downstairs where the party had commenced.

                ******

                “Oh Liam! Look how much you’ve grown. I remember a time when you were shorter than me! So, how’s college life? Finally living with freedom, am I right?” I laughed at the question my aunt had asked me. This was what, the fifty-seventh person I had spoken to since the party had begun? The family tree of Alencars was here, bonding with the occasional family friends. Shit, who am I kidding? The entire town was at my place. Airi had spoken with some of my relatives, which shocked me since I expected this to be awkward. Currently, she was intensely conversing with Uncle Jonan. Because he was a former genetic engineer, I could what made it intense. That girl loves genetics like how I love physics. I got back to Airi who was still talking with Jonan, having to covet her.

                “KIKO!” I cringed at the familiar, deep voice. Not the Kiko thing again.

                “Rhys…. Didn’t think I’d see you here.” F*ck.

                “Cuz, you know I wouldn’t miss it for the world. How’s my baby Kiko been?” Honestly, His conceited aura was past me from forever ago but, his mere presence still had the ability to piss my guts off.

                “Splendid. And you?”

                “You know the usual. F*cking girls high and low. Catching footballs for the team. Doing shit.” Thanks bro for giving me your life to-do list.

                “That’s wonderful. Now, mind me. I better get back to my date.”

                “Hold-up man. I just got here. So, who’s the new chick with the f*ckable body.” He pointed at her. The bastard pointed to my girl. That f*cking asshole.

                My fists balled up with instinct, ready to erase that sick smirk on his hideous face when Airi came up all of a sudden wrapping her arm around my waist. Ah…my girl. I calmed just a bit, but tensed when I heard the next few lines.

                “Arhysis, is that you?” Wait. What?

                “Ariel?”  What a dipshit.

                “No, hehe. Airi, but you were close. How do you know Liam?” His eyes that were once surprised, went back to being man-whore sick.

                “We’re cousins. How do you know Liam?”

                “She’s my girlfriend.” I said, not allowing her to answer. I then kissed her with tongue and all the other good stuff. That would tell him to lie off. When I pulled away, I was redder than Airi herself, though completely ready to defend us from whatever Rhys threw at me.

                “Jeeze, I get it.” I gave him a look that said, “That’s what I thought.” Becoming disturbingly cheerful again, I asked the major question.

                “How do you two know each other?”

                “Well, I used to volunteer at the Juvie boot camp in Pennsylvania. That’s where I met Arhysis.”

                “Juvie, wow cuz. I knew you were good at being a rebel but I didn’t know you were good at getting caught.”

                “I was in for the dumbest thing.”

                “That makes the situation worse.” He rolled his eyes when I let out a little chuckle.

                “Anyways, Airi, would you like to get a drink?” Before I could stiffen my girlfriend gave me the biggest confidence boost.

                “No thank you. Talk to you soon though.”  She then pulled me away from there. When we approached an area that had a less amount of people, Airi stood with her hands folded, an eyebrow arched to emphasize the demand for answers.

                “First of all, why the kiss?” I wasn’t going to lie this time.

                “To show possession.”

                “And the harsh back answering?”

                “To show possession.” She gave me a light sigh, her hand holding her head.

                “Damn you’re so sexy when you’re jealous.” I gave a smirk but then realized what she said.

                “Hey, I am not jeal—” I was cut off by her lips. “Yeah, I was pretty f*cking jealous,” I admitted.

                “No need to worry Kiko. I’m all yours.” The tug on her lips forming a smiling made me realize that Kiko from Airi wasn’t such a bad thing.

*****

                Eventually we had spoken to everyone, scattering through the insufficient sized gaps between the guests. The real party was set in motion when music began to play. Songs that I had heard from Airi’s phone suffocated my ears and by the time I was able to get a grip on my surroundings, Airi had me on the dance floor. We kept it clean this time, making sure there was at least a centimeter of distance from her hips to my… well you know what I mean.  Songs like ‘Moves Like Jagger,’ ‘Dynamite,’ and ‘Champagne Showers’ made it all the more enjoyable. From the corner of my eye, I proctored Merelise and Ashton who were doing the unthinkable; getting down and dirty.

“Oh stop it. We’re ten times worse than that. Shouldn’t my brother do the same thing as you?” Airi asked. I chuckled in her ear, agreeing with every word she had said. Being requested to dance with younger cousins and other female family members on the love songs, I saved the last for Airi.  

At about eleven or so, everyone had placed themselves at the patio where a plethora of tables had been set up. Airi and I had taken seats with Ashton and Merelise. Merelise looked weird.  Don’t get me wrong, she looked great but her actions were slightly off. The air around her felt timid and hesitant. Maybe she was PMSing. I couldn’t tell what it was exactly since she was sort of cuddled in Ashton’s arm, as if he were trying to comfort her. I let it go, being aware of Merelise’s drama queen attitude when she didn’t get her way.

The dinner progressed into a speech mom made to thank guests and toasts made by Merelise and me for her incredible personality that shaped ours. Speeches went on and on, from my mom’s siblings to our neighbors of five to ten years. The slideshow was last of the technical entertainment, revealing snapshots of our family of four aging over the years.  As we consumed our dinner, Christmas songs played in the background.

“Airi, mind if I sit next to you?” Rhys was back.

“Um, no. Go ahead.” He pulled a chair between her and Merelise.

“Mery! I haven’t spoken to you all night. How’s life in California?” He attempted to cover up the asshole persona by averting his attention from Airi to Merelise for only a few seconds.

“College is good.” Her monotone voice shouldn’t have taken me off guard. She really was in a bad mood.  Rhys left after a while; partially because he knew he wasn’t wanted but also because he eyed another chick at the opposing table.                

I turned back to Airi who was whispering something in Merelise’s ear. Merelise’s response was a brief moment of shock, her fingers fidgeting with themselves. That wasn’t a good sign. She never fidgeted unless she was either absolutely enraged or down in the dumps. Suddenly, she got up and walked out, tears staining her cheeks. When I was about to run after her, Airi stopped me saying,

“I’ll go.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...