Living Like Sleeping Beauty

Per Claudiaxcf97

Sleeping Beauty? Ha! That girl had it easy. My name is Morgan Peters and I fall asleep at random times of the... Més

Prologue
Chapter One - The Beginning Of The End
Chapter Two - Where Is Your Fairy God Mother When You Need Her?
Chapter Three - Meeting Prince Charming.
Chapter Four - It's Gym Time, Not Nap Time.
Chapter Five - The Blue Paint Accident.
Chapter Six - The Wicked Witch Of Tori-Ville.
Chapter Seven - The Seafood Disaster
Chapter Eight - The Green Eyed Morgan
Chapter Nine - The Dinner Party
Chapter Ten - Parenthood
Chapter Eleven - Annoying Babies And Arrogant Baby Daddies.
Chapter Twelve - The Tables Have Turned.
Chapter Thirteen - Don't Tell Me I Can't Be Sexy.
Chapter Fourteen - A Night To Remember
Chapter Fifteen - Cute
Chapter Sixteen - Making Enemies
Chapter Seventeen - When Siblings Fight
Chapter Eighteen - Tension
Chapter Nineteen - Kicking and Screaming
Chapter Twenty - Flavour of the Month
Chapter Twenty One - Two Birds, One Stone.
Chapter Twenty Two - Let The Wooing Begin.
Chapter Twenty Three - Detours
Chapter Twenty Four - Is This Public Enough For You?
Chapter Twenty Five - Scenery
Chapter Twenty Six - Persuasive
Chapter Twenty Seven - Busted By a Four Year Old.
Chapter Twenty Eight - Confessions
Chapter Twenty Nine - Baby Steps
Chapter Thirty - The Performance
Chapter Thirty One - Drama
Chapter Thirty Two - Foolish
Chapter Thirty Three - Reality Check
Chapter Thirty Four - Operation Hurt
Chapter Thirty Five - Deals & Misunderstandings
Chapter Thirty Six - The Party (Part 1)
Chapter Thirty Six - The Party (Part 2)
Chapter Thirty Seven - Getting To Know You
Chapter Thirty Nine - Preparations For Showtime.
Chapter Forty - Her Regret
Chapter Forty One - An Old Friend
Chapter Forty Two - Alone
Chapter Forty Three - Surrounded with the Familiar
Chapter Forty Four - The Recovery Period

Chapter Thirty Eight - An Unappreciated Warning

62.9K 2.5K 149
Per Claudiaxcf97

Hey everyone, I know it's been a while and I really wish I had a great excuse, but truthfully I don't. First I got my exam results and it was crazy because it turned out better than I expected which I was estatic about. Then school started and essays have been piling up. But I have decided to put my Shakespeare essay on hold for a while and write this chapter.

So now you're probably thinking... who is that Morgan girl again? Doesn't she have a thing with that guy Sam, Simon...or is it Scott? And that is why I have made a quick recap. It isn't anything special so please if I have left details out, it is because I am trying to make it brief. Here it goes.

Morgan and Chase Peters moved from Colorado to California to live with their grandmother. Sometimes she's awful, sometimes she's nice. We're never quite sure what to think of her. Morgan has narcolespy, a condition where she can't control where or when she falls asleep. At school, Morgan meets Scott, while he is breaking up with Tori. Tori then hates Morgan, while Scott becomes intrigued with her. Then she meets Tessa and Chloe who she becomes friends with. After they encounter a fake baby, a kick to the face and some ridiculous penguin dancing, Scott and Morgan grow close. Not to mention she threw a glass of wine into his dads face for acting like a douche. (Yay for Morgan)  Morgan and Chloe become involved with the school musical where they meet the director, Piper. She's a bit of a fire cracker. Morgan then volunteers to help with the scenery and meets Ryan, the cute art director. By now Tessa, Piper and Scott know about Morgan's conditon. Chloe starts to piss everyone off with her obnoxious behavoir and when she hurts her leg, Morgan gets her spot as Sleeping Beauty (Oh the irony) Chloe, because of this and how Morgan helped Tessa and Chase (who Chloe liked) get together, decides to hate Morgan forever. Now, you need to know that Scott has two sisters, Abbie and Justine. Abbie is a little cutie and Justine seems really shy. At Abbie's ballet rehearsal, after Scott and Morgan get a little intimate, Justine over hears them talking about her conditon. And Justine decides to tell Tori. Why in the world would she do that you ask? Well, it seems that Tori has been blackmailing Justine. If she doesn't find out something embaressing about Morgan, then Tori will make all of Justine's friends turn against her. In prove of that, she already did it to one of Justines friends. So, that means Tori and Chloe both know about her secret. Not to mention Morgan has other problems. Scott, upon realising that he has feelings for Morgan, decides that the best thing to do with those feelings was to get it on with another girl. Morgan is devasted and refuses to talk to Scott. Then at a party she finds out that Scott didn't exactly go through with the deed with the girl and she goes to find him, she is assulted by a gross douche named Hank. But thankfully, Scott finds them in time and beats up Hank. Yay! Now Morgan and Scott are in a healthy relationship and nothing will ever go wrong. Ever. Oh wait... I forgot about... Oh well you're just going to have to read the rest. 

Chapter 38 - An Unappreciated Warning

"Move around the stage Morgan! You don't have to stand there like a statue the entire time." The irritating high strung voice continued to bark orders at me as I tried unsuccessfully to please my tiny red headed friend. Piper stood in the front row of chairs below the stage, hands on her hips and glaring at the entire set. And I happened to be stood at the centre of it. If I wasn't already grasping Mikey's arm to keep myself upright in my huge ridiculous dress then I might have toppled over under the weight of her stare. This was our first dress rehearsal and to say I was beginning to regret every decision I had made leading me up to this moment would be an understatement. 

But instead of arguing back, I gritted my teeth and listened to her orders, letting go of Mikey who just happened to be my only support system. I wobbled across the stage, struggling as I tried to keep my balance in check and deliver my lines about my encounter with the prince at the same time. But then the following bark made my feet trip up and I stumbled forward, narrowly escaping the humiliation of falling forward onto my face by righting myself at the last moment. 

"Speak louder!"

I took a deep breath and opened my mouth to speak, I jumped when another shout sounded from where the audience was supposed to sit.

"Stand straighter Morgan. I've never seen a princess that slouches." 

I straightened my back into a vertical line, hoping that I would finally made her expectations. The scene continued and I gave my lines to Mikey who played the part of the doting prince to a tee. I just finished making a joke about being lost in the forrest when a slow drawl made its way to my ears.

"You sound like your cat just died." 

The last remark sent me over the edge. After weeks of the stressful and humiliating rehearsals that I had attended over the past weeks, I broke. In the beginning, when I had first stepped into the role of sleeping beauty, I was a nervous wreck but soon I came out of my shell and sang with confidence as I realised that these people wouldn't judge me and actually liked to hear me sing. But then I grew to feel agitated as Piper began to act more and more demanding. And now, I was mad. After an hour of hearing her tell me everything I was doing wrong and gritting my teeth from snapping back at her, making excuses for her since she was just under a lot of stress, I exploded. 

"For your information Piper, I don't even have a cat! And you know what? I will stand whatever way I want and you're just going to have to like it. I didn't sign up for this. I don't want to be in the spotlight but I did it for you and for everyone else here on this stage. The least you could do is show a bit of damn respect! Oh wait, I'm sorry, am I speaking loud enough for you now?" I raised my voice with each word until my volume was very much like a hysterical scream. The people surrounding me, completing their tasks for the play suddenly stopped, swinging around to gape at my outburst and then at Piper's face, gauging for her reaction. I realised at the same time as they did, that my outburst was a mistake. The auditorium was deadly quiet as my wide eyes found Piper who, after giving me a look through her narrowed gaze, she crossed her arms and  gave me a sheepish smile.

"You're right. I'm sorry. You're doing a great job Morgan and I respect you alot for stepping in when you did. I mean it. I'm acting like this because I'm just a little stressed." That's it? I had been expected World War III but apparently not. Her words let everyone in the room exhale as they continued their work creating costumes and placing the props around the stage. I gave a sigh of relief and then returned her smile, hoping that this meant she was going to refrain from screaming at me anymore. After all that drama, we continued with the scene, Mikey as prince charming who I danced with through the forest. I was a horrible dancer and I stepped on Mikey's toes far more than I would care to admit but he just continued to give me encouraging smiles and made me laugh with his cheeky observations of the rest of the cast. 

After rehearsals were over, I stayed behind to help Ryan with the finishing touches to the scenery. I listened dutifully as he gushed about his new relationship with Piper. They seemed to be on cloud nine. I just wished Piper's loving attitude spread to the rest of her cast as well. Finally I was allowed to go home under Pipers orders to sleep well and be back bright and early tomorrow before school to rehearse some more. 

As I made my way to the parking lot I scanned the area for my brother, who typically hadn't arrived yet. I growled in annoyance and leaned up against the brick wall, thinking of all the insults I was going to throw at the idiot when he arrived. Unfortunately I wasn't allowed my moments of anger because soon I heard the sharp click clack of high heels hitting the cement pavement behind me. I turned in time to see a tall blonde making her way over towards the wall I leaned against. I almost groaned when I saw that it was Tori. Tori who had made it clear that she hated me from the moment she met me and who liked to remind me of that hatred almost everyday. 

When she was face to face with me she took a deep breath. That was when I realised that this wasn't the normal Tori who usually oozed confidence and contempt to everyone she met, especially to me. The one that stood in front of me had both hands clasped together around her waist, pulling them apart and then back together again in a obviously nervous gesture. Her tanned face looked pinched together showing her displeasure at whatever she was about to say. 

I waited patiently for her to speak only to give up after the first minute went by.

"What do you want Tori?" I sighed, wanting this conversation to be over as soon as possible as I did a quick glance behind her, hoping Chase would save me very soon.

She raised her head and squared her shoulders. Finally she spoke.

"I'm here to give you advice. Not everyone here likes you Peters. Especially not me." Her words were firm and slowly I began to see the Tori I knew and hated. The only thing missing was her usual practise of popping her chewing gum to punctuate the end of her every sentence. I narrowed my eyes at her words. Did I really have to stand here and listen to her describe why she didn't like me? No. I really didn't.

I turned away from her and began walking towards the exit of the school. Hopefully I would meet my brother in the car and he could drive me home. But even if he didn't, I was prepared to walk the whole way if it meant it was a means to escape. Anything would do rather than listen to this girl insult me. But before I could make my escape, I heard her call my name. I glanced back to see her running as best as she could in her death trap heels. Her blonde mane flew behind her as she tried unsuccessfully to pull down her too short jean skirt as she approached me. I sighed and turned to face her fully. She obviously had something that she wanted to say. And the sooner I listened to it, the sooner I could leave.

She tottered on her feet a bit before giving me a look that showed she didn't appreciate me trying to escape.

"I'm trying to do you a favour here. So shut up and listen." She snapped, her grating voice nearly sending me over the age again for the second time that day. But I stayed quiet and let her continue. "Chloe is hell bent on destroying you. I don't know what you did to piss her off but she wants to crush you." With a flick of her hair, she began again. "And until a while ago, so did I. But then..." She trailed off, breaking eye contact with me and suddenly finding the tree behind me much more interesting. My eyes narrowed. What possibly could have changed to make Tori, who hated me so furiously that it puzzled me daily, change her mind about that very same hatred. 

"What made you change your mind?" I asked, feeling myself tense up. It had to be big. And the only thing I could think of was my condition. The thought that Tori and Chloe knew my secret was too much to even think about. I could only imagine the damage they could do. Flashes of humilation, laughter and contempt filled my mind. I shivered at the thought. 

Tori ignored my question, suddenly transforming to the nervous girl I had seen earlier. That's when I felt myself pale, a dreaded sensation slowly building throughout my body. They knew. With every cell in my flawed body I was sure of it.,

"What happened Tori? What made you changed your mind? Tell me!" I urged, hearing my own voice rise with panic. I took a step toward her and was shocked when she mirrored my actions, only moving backwards. She looked unsure of what to do next and if I had been in my right state of mind I might have noticed this and stopped my interrogation. But I was too focused on getting her to admit what she knew so I could do some damage control. Instead she turned to leave, shaking her head.

"This was a mistake. Chloe will be pissed off when she hears I warned you." She muttered mostly to herself. I blinked at her. Since when did Tori answer to Chloe? I hadn't known Tori to be nervous or even afraid of anyone in her life. Something was definitely wrong here. And suddenly I was desperate for answers. Just before she had fully turned away from me, I reached out and grabbed her wrist, pulling her back to me. Never in my life had I forced anyone to do anything but right now I needed Tori to speak to me. 

She looked a me in shock, then down to where my fingers clung to her slender wrist in disgust. With a tug she was free from my grasp. Then she was in front of me, towering over my body with help from her high heels. With a huge shove, she had pushed me backwards. The heel of my foot caught the kerb and soon I fell hard to the ground, thankfully not hitting my head. Although, my pride took the worst hit. I pushed myself onto my elbows and looked at her in shock. But she showed no remorse for just pushing me to the floor like I was some barely stable toddler. 

"Don't you dare touch me again. You're making me regret ever telling you anything." She sneered. I felt myself begin shake as I just sat there. I was the angriest I had ever been in my life but at the same time I had never felt so scared. 

"Dammit Tori! Just tell me or I'll-" I was cut short by the mere fact that I didn't know what I'd do if she didn't tell me. I was currently sitting on the floor pathetically, proof that I was not a fighter and I certainly didn't have the mental intellect to carry on a battle of words with her. That left me with no options and tears brimming in my eyes as I began to realise my defeat. When she realised I had nothing to say she let out a bark of laughter.

"Or you'll do what?"

The blonde questioned, raising an eyebrow. Suddenly she sneered. "Chloe would love to see this. You sitting in the gutter where you belong. You're going to love the plans she has waiting for you. And I'm going to enjoy watching it." At that moment there was the sounds of tyres pulling into the parking lot. We both looked up to see my brother step out of the car and begin to make his way over to us. When I looked back at Tori she was already half way to her car. By the time Chase reached me, I had finally stood up and wiped the dust of my jeans while hoping he didn't see my pained expression.

Unfortunately my brother never misses anything.

"Why were you on the floor? Did Tori do something to you? Oh God, did you have a sleep attack in front of her?" He asked quickly, bending his head so he could see my face. I shook my head and weakly wiped my eyes with the heels of my hands. Taking a deep breath I turned to him. 

"Chloe knows about my condition. And Tori." I told him, watching as his eyes widened and his mouth opened to make a perfect 'O'. I waited for him to tell me something reassuring but he only ran his hands through his hair twice and muttered swear words under his breath. Instead of waiting for him to respond, I began to walk to the car. I listened as his footsteps began to follow my action. When we were both seated in the car he spoke.

"Maybe it's not as bad as you think Momo?" In times like this, Chase liked to refer to my nickname to cheer me up. It didn't work. I gave him a deadpanned look and waited for him to explain. "Well everyone close to you already knows. And who cares what everyone else thinks. At least you have friends who will stand by you if everyone finds out." He said as if it was a matter of fact. I began to nervously bit my lip and shook my head.

"You don't understand Chase. That's why I like it here. Nobody looks at me like they think I'm ready to pass out any moment. People here don't care what I am because they're to busy with their own lives. And I love that. Do you think I didn't hear all of the kids back home talk about me? How they used to call me the freak who makes Chase stay at home. They hated me because I was different. And the same thing will happen here. I know it." I finished, feeling myself deflate. Suddenly I wanted to be with Scott. I knew that Chase was doing his best to make me feel better but when Scott wrapped his strong arms around my waist and rested his head on mine, I felt like I could take on a thousand Tori's all at once. 

We were silent for a while, still parked outside of the school. Finally Chase took a deep breath and turned to me.

"Did she say specifically that she knew you had narcolepsy?" He asked suddenly. I pursed my lips as I thought back to my conversation with Tori. She hadn't said it out right, but it seemed she was implying it. Maybe she didn't know? It could have been something silly like they know that I liked to eat sugar right out the bowl with a spoon? I felt myself exhale a small breath. Maybe she didn't know anything and was just trying to freak me out?

"No. She didn't say anything about it." I breathed. I turned to him, my face immediately brightening. "Do you think she doesn't know?" I asked with wide eyes. I saw him laugh once. 

"Of course she doesn't know. The only way she could find out is if someone told her. And everyone you've told are trustworthy. I have faith in your decisions. Plus, they all know that I would kick their ass if they did. " He finished with a grim nod. I felt myself smile for the first time since I had left rehearsals. Maybe my life wasn't going to be turned upside down then. My body began to relax as I slumped in my seat. 

"We need to be more careful Chase. This has just made me even more sure that keeping my condition a secret is the for the best." I told him, watching as he placed the key into the ignition and nodded his head. Soon we were swerving out of the carpark and onto the hot Californian day air. As the wind blew against my face through the open window and swept my hair behind me, I slowly felt my worries slip away to the back of my mind. 

So what do you think? Is Morgan silly for not taking Tori's warning seriously? And  what do you think will happen next? Please comment and tell me what you think. It always makes my day to read your comments. Oh and please give a vote if you can, they'd be appreciated. :)

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

442K 12.4K 33
Just a story I made up when I'm bored. WARNING : OLD BOOK AND LOTS OF GRAMMAR MISTAKES!! AND A LOT OF DOESN'T MAKE SENSE STUFF And please note that t...
35.4K 317 45
We believe in pink. We believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. We believe in kissing, kissing a lot. We believe in being strong when everyt...
78.3K 1.8K 24
The story of the sleeping beauty has been told time after a time. A beautiful princess cursed to sleep forever. A handsome brave prince that rescues...
1.8K 111 21
"You must discover life on your own. What you'll experience can't be taught with words, it can only be lived." My mentors' words rang softly in my ea...