My Alpha Mate (The Silver Li...

By BellaDemont

It seems that Selene finally got what she wanted, both Lizzy and Max had been separated but things are now di... More

the so dreadful moment
growing a thicker skin
nightmares
Taylor & his little problem
Taylor's blessing
the greater good
Abby
delusion
putting everything aside
cheating on myself
proper, you say?
when everything backfires
coming clean
claiming what is rightfully mine
this wasn't supposed to happen
a night full of promises
facing reality
back from the dead
triple threat
Katerina
no matter the odds

on our way home

1.7K 69 4
By BellaDemont

I would like to say that I reacted quickly but truth was that I didn't, because soon enough I found myself under her claws, like literally she was on top of me snarling at me trying to make as much damage as possible.

I placed my hands up, trying to create as much distance as possible as Selene snarled closer and closer to my throat. I hit her quickly and pushed her off creating a much better distance before I tried to run away, I quickly turned around and ran back towards the forest before I shifted into my wolf running as fast as I could from her, it was not that I was scared of her or anything close to that but the warlock had warned me that Selene would try to do something like this, she would like to draw me out away from everyone else and try to suck out my power as he had placed it.

I wasn't complete sure of what he had meant by that but in other words Selene was constantly needing power, after she had used the power of the warlock as I had now found out in the sessions that I had to attend pretty much every single day after school, I had found out how Selene had been stealing the power from warlocks by killing them.

Now her body was acting like a battery that would constantly die and would need a complete new charge, and that had also become an addiction for her. And now her ultimatum goal was to get my powers to assure a large amount of power that would never wear out.

I ran towards the wood, up hills and down the creek trying to run away, I could fight her but truth to be told I couldn't risk anything at this point since the slightest slip would cause Selene to get it all, that would include her being able to make this spell permanent.

I ran away as fast as I could until Selene caught me off guard and bit my thigh tearing the muscle in the process. I screamed trying to alert the rest of my pack but I knew for a fact that they would never get here on time, they would get here not fast enough to save me from Selene not to mention that I did not want anyone to risk themselves with getting the chance of also being hurt or affected by whatever she had up her sleeve, I already had affected those around me with the stupid decisions I had taken so selfishly.

'Lizzy, is that you?' A voice asked inside my head.

I cringed at the strange voice inside my head, being only accustomed to hearing only my wolf or in rare occasions I would hear the rest of the pack, but this male voice had really thrown me off.

'Max, is that you?' I asked him confused in my head as I went down a creek by the river, hiding out of sight from Selene.

'What is wrong? Why do I feel that you are in danger?' Max said worried as his voice became louder in my head.

'Selene, she is here hunting me down.' I said as I shifted back and nearly cried out as I saw the deep cut that run all over my thigh, the entire muscle was shred and it would take forever for my wolf to heal myself up.

'Where are you?' Max said in a determinate voice, and I knew that he was already shifting so he could come to get me.

'No, Max, I can handle myself.' I said before I hissed as I tried to stand up.

'Lizzy, just tell me where you are.' Max said before I bit my lip as I started to limp my way home hoping that I could somehow be faster than Selene, that she could not find me after I had lost her.

But I knew that was impossible, I knew for a fact that she was hot on my tracks.

I somehow found the inner strength not only to block Max but to continue running, well it was more like limping but at the end I was running away, as I got closer to my house I could feel my strength vanishing into thin air leaving me without nothing.

My jeans had been literally torn into little pieces, they were soaked up in blood and filled up of dirt, leaves and some twigs I had managed to get stuck with as I had tumbled my way out of the forest.

As I went closer to the pack house I felt the burning in my leg increasing, I looked down and saw how my skin was turning purple, it was as if acid was slowly burning my skin, her bite had contained poison.

"Liz!" My dad screamed as he saw me from the pack house, all the wolves were out of the perimeter I knew that because this was something they would do every month, there was no one to help me except my dad.

"No dad, go back!" I said trying to warn him, I knew that if he tried to help me Selene would only end up hurting him.

In a swift Selene was back snarling at me, her vicious gaze never leaving me, she was out to kill.

"Liz, get into the house!" My dad yelled before he shifted into his wolf form and launched towards us, at the same time Selene jumped to bite me, there it was, I was officially dead.

I expected to feel more pain, to be dead, well I honestly didn't know what to expect at this point, but I didn't feel anything.

I opened my eyes and instead of finding Selene in front of me I found my dad laying in the grass with an open wound in his chest.

I stayed there shocked for what seemed to be a second or two before I started to scream.

"Dad, daddy!" I screamed in panic, knowing that the wound on his neck was full of poison.

I guess my screams were loud enough because soon I felt myself being pried off from my dad as the pack members took him inside the house, where the pack doctor would be arriving soon.

"No let me go!" I screamed as I tried to free myself from his grip.

"No Liz, you need to let them take care of dad." Taylor said as he restrained me but my sobs only go louder, this was only but my fault.

"There you go." The nurse said as she finished strapping up my thigh.

I nodded silently as the tears kept streaming down my face.

The nurse had treated the poison from my thigh and had managed to stitch up all the damage Selene had done.

"Thank you." I simply said in a low voice.

"Now because of the amount of damage there was done on you it will take long for it to heal and you will need to take some antibiotics to prevent an infection." The nurse said as she placed her tools away.

I looked up and met my brother's gaze.

"Can I go check up on dad now?" I asked him cautiously.

Taylor looked at me and gave a sigh.

"The doctor is yet to be done with him, but Max is outside the pack house, he wants to see you." Taylor told me.

I nodded before I used the crutches the nurse had brought me so I could keep the weight off of my leg to prevent the wound from getting worse, I got out of the house, hearing the rustling of the leaves as the wind blew, I sat on my porch and let out a deep breath closing my eyes before I lost it and started to sob.

"Lizzy?" Max said as he got closer to me, I felt his arms around me pulling me closer to his chest as I cried.

"This is all my fault Max; he is dying because of me." I said as I cried into his chest.

"Lizzy, this is not your fault and you know it." Max said trying to calm me down.

I pulled away from him and looked at him right in the eyes.

"You know very well that this was my fault Max, so stop pretending as it were not. You know very well that the only reason why Selene was here, is because of me, she was after me not my dad, if I had been far away from the house I would be dead and my dad wouldn't be in there battling to stay alive." I said as hastily dried away my tears.

"Don't say that Liz." Max said cutting me off.

I shook my head.

"This is all my fault." I said before I stood up and tried to go upstairs to where my dad was, but as Max saw how I struggled to keep my balance, to keep my weight off my leg that had the wound he stood up and helped me.

"You should go eat." My mom said as she gently shook me awake.

I sat up straight, I had fallen asleep half leaning into my daddy's sleeping body, ever since the doctors had started to treat the poison in my dad's body I had not left his side once only on certain circumstances when I was obligated to such as nature calls, like going to the loo, or going to eat but that last one was obligated from my mom, either she or my brother would practically force me to eat.

"I'm not hungry." I said quietly as I brushed the hair out of my face, my limps were hurting and I knew that constantly being in this bad position would be no good for my wound but I knew for a fact that nothing would be painful enough than watching my dad like this.

"Honey I know you want to be here for when your dad wakes up but you need to take care of yourself too, you haven't left this room in nearly two weeks." My mom said as she placed the bandages and medication she would use to keep treating my dad's wound to in which my opinion still looked really bad, and pretty much the same since the first day.

"This is my fault." I said as I looked at my dad, he was in a coma because of me.

My mom met my gaze and gave a sigh.

"Elizabeth, we have been over this several times, this wasn't your fault. The only person here to blame is that she-wolf that attacked you and believe me when I saw that our pack as well as Max's won't stop until she is dead, because not only did she attack both the Alpha and his daughter in his territory but this girl you told me about, she is wanted in several territories for various crime." My mom said as she got closer to me before she made me stand up.

"I don't want to leave my dad mum." I said as she looked at me.

My mum was just as restless as I was but unlike me she was trying her best to not show it.

"This is unhealthy for you especially for your condition, now go downstairs and eat some food young lady." My mom said in a stern tone.

I gave a sigh before I started to limp my way out of the bedroom, I no longer needed the crutches but I wasn't strong enough to walk normally. As I went downstairs I found Max by the lobby waiting for me.

"What are you doing? You're not what I'm going to eat today right?" I said as I looked at Max.

He smirked at me.

"I wouldn't mind that; you know I've heard some rumors that people would love to have me for dessert." Max said in a cocky tone nearly making me smile.

Too bad I wasn't in the mood for any of this...

"I'm being serious Max, what are you doing here?" I asked Max as I got to the lobby and stood in front of him.

"I have a surprise for you." Max told me and I immediately shook my head.

"No thank you, I will eat and go back to my dad." I told Max as I started to head to the kitchen but Max picked me up in his arms making me scream alarmed.

"No, you won't. I'm taking you out and there is nothing you can say or do to keep me from doing this." Max said as he started to take me to the car.

"Where are we going Max, bring me back!" I demanded as I tried to get out but it was really hard, one wrong movement and I would end up hurting myself again.

"You'll see soon, we're almost on our way home." Max said as he smiled down at me and for once I smiled back.

Once we got to the car Max placed a blindfold on me and started to drive.

"Where are we going?" I asked Max as I impatiently patted my hands on my knees keeping up with an invisible beat.

"You'll see soon, I'm pretty sure that you will love it." Max said and I could hear the smile in his voice.

"Fine." I said with a small pout before I leaned back into the seat crossing my arms in front of my chest.

Max drove for what seemed about ten to fifteen minutes, before he came to a stop.

"Are we here yet? I can smell the ocean." I said as the salty moisture filled up my nose and I could hear the waves crashing in the background.

"Wait here." Max said before he got out of the car, with that he followed up by going to the side of the car, opened the door and pulled me out using his arm to guide me.

"Max, you know I am not in the condition to be walking let alone while I have a blindfold." I said as I felt how I tumbled but Max's hand stopped me.

"You have nothing to worry about Lizzy, all you have to do is trust me." Max said and I smiled.

I did trust him, more than anything.

We went up a couple of steps, as we walked I could hear the echo as if we were in a very large space, the sound of the ocean was still in the background but not as loud as it had been outside.

"Are you ready?" Max asked me, he sounded very excited.

I nodded slowly.

"Yes, just show me what we are doing here." I said already biting my lips.

Soon Max took my blindfold and I was able to see, I was blinded at first by the huge amount of light, but slowly enough I was able to see everything, the wooden floors, the huge windows, the pool, the beach, the forest, everything was so beautiful, and perfect.

"What? What is this place Max? What are we doing here?" I asked Max as I turned around to look at him.

"What do you think this place is? This is our home?" Max told me and I smiled.

"Our home, are you sure about that?" I asked Max as I absently touched the bandage on my thigh, I knew for a fact that it would scar, since the poison in the wound wasn't letting it heal properly.

"'One day when we get married this will be our house." Max said as he placed his arms around my waist pulling me closer to him.

I smiled and placed my head on his chest hearing his steady heartbeat.

"Max, I'm afraid." I admitted in a small voice.

"You don't have to." Max promised me as he pulled me tighter.

And it that moment I wasn't...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

213K 5.8K 22
Elizabeth Montgomery has a mate. He is over possessive, he is a jerk and sometimes he can be that perfect mate that always makes mistakes. Lizzy has...
5K 185 34
𝐒𝐢𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐄𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧 was raised from the ground up knowing nothing but comparison and perfection. She compared herself to her successful parent...
4.3K 543 60
Prologue How do you fix something that is beyond repair? How do you stop your heart from breaking each time you try to fix the wrong? How do you rede...
151K 4.4K 42
She knew his identity. He didn't know hers. She just wanted to have him around. He didn't. She knew they could not be together. He didn't. She didn't...