Katerina

I gave a sigh as I saw everyone sound asleep, Hunter, Damien, Alec, Dawn, Braden and even Max were asleep in the nursery, I quietly tiptoed out to the hallway and as I got downstairs I noticed that Marie was outside, she was sitting in a lotus position, I guess she was still trying to focus on her magic powers. I got to the balcony and stared at her before I made my way to her once I heard her curse and growl in annoyance.

"Marie, are you alright?" I asked as I carefully got near her.

Marie opened her eyes, her silver eyes nearly glowing blue.

"Lizzy, sorry I must've lost track of time, has everyone left yet?" Marie asked she stood up and brushed off the dust from her jeans.

"Everyone left already, but you are more than welcome to stay for dinner." I told her and Marie smiled shyly at me.

"I would love to but I will be meeting my sister tonight." Marie told me, and I smiled at her before I chuckled.

"Marie, you don't need to lie." I told her as she looked at me confused.

"What do you mean? I am not lying; I'm meeting up with my sister tonight." Marie told me as she stayed to the plan.

"Is that so? Because as far as I'm concern your sister is actually having dinner with us tonight." I said before Marie looked away clearly caught in her own lie.

"Lizzy, I?" Marie started to say before she stopped herself took a deep breath and closed her eyes.

"What is happening Marie, I know I haven't known you for that long but I can clearly tell you that there is something wrong with you, what is it?" I asked her concerned, I could practically hear and feel her pain.

"I'm a practical joke Liz, the one witch that can't do magic." Marie said scoffing with dry humor.

"You can do magic Marie; you just need to learn how to control it." I told her, she just needed to learn how to patient with all of this.

"It has been days Liz, not to mention that I have tried for months now." Marie said already irritated with herself.

"No one ever said that this would be easy Marie, I have magic as well and I'm slowly learning, hell even up to this day I don't even know how I do half of the things I do as a silver wolf. Every single day I learn a new thing about myself as so just be patient, now will you be joining us for dinner?" I asked her.

Marie smiled at me before she slowly nodded.

"Sure, after all I will be leaving before dawn with my brother, we need to head off to his pack." Marie said quietly before she picked up her book, that journal that she never seemed to never let go.

I gave a chuckle as I saw how Dawn and Braden managed to take away the slice of cake from Zac who was trying his best to keep it away from them.

"It's mine!" Zac whined as Braden and Dawn grabbed fistfuls of the frosting.

"Uncle Zac this is ours!" Braden said in response as he struggled to keep it away from Zac.

Abby looked at Zac and rolled her eyes in amusement.

"Just let the kids have the cake." Abby said as she entered the living room, as she spoke Dawn looked up her curious gaze following her.

"Mommy?" Dawn said as she shyly walked up to us.

"What's wrong sweetie?" I asked knowing how outspoken she normally was and for her to be acting like this was not normal.

"How are babies made?" She asked me and I looked at her shocked.