this wasn't supposed to happen

I threw my head back laughing as I saw how Max fell forwards due to the wave, he tumbled forwards before standing up and spitting out the salty water.

"I thought you said no one could ever defeat you Max, yet you seemed to vanished due to a wave." I said mocking him as he walked towards me drenched head to toe.

"Did you see the size of that wave Lizzy? It was a tsunami!" Max said out of breath and quite loudly, he probably had his ears full of water.

"A tsunami? Max, that wave was roughly five feet tall. I think you're overreacting." I said as I laughed, his traumatized reaction as the wave swallowed him whole.

Max frowned at me and slowly got close to me, to the point that I had to look up to meet his gaze, Max was around 6'3 feet tall.

"You know, I could've drowned." Max said with a small pout.

I smiled at him before I circled my arms around his neck, thing I could only do if I got on my tippy toes.

"Well, good thing that I know CPR." I said as my smile turned to a devious smirk.

"That's reassuring." Max said before he picked my legs up and carried me away making me yelp in surprise.

"What are you doing Max!" I screamed between laughter as he ran through the beach, the seagulls flying away as we disrupted them.

"You'll see." Max said with a huge grin as he continued to run.

"I'm going to fall." I told Max as I grabbed on to him harder.

"Don't worry, I'll catch you." Max said and I knew that those exact words had a double meaning.

"So what happened?" I asked Max as I laid down on the sand and I closed my eyes feeling the warm rays of the sun hitting my face.

"I already told you the kid kicked me in the shin and made me let go of the ice-cream, he took it away. He ran away with it." Max told me and I once again chuckled.

I sat up and looked at him, feeling the sun on my back.

"Wait, so you're telling me that a three-year-old took away your ice cream?" I asked Max still not quite believing it.

"In my defense he was big enough to the point that I thought he was seven years old and not three." Max said as he looked at me grimly before pulling me to his lap as he sat back leaning against one of the rocks.

"You're helpless when it comes to kids." I said as I shook my head remembering those crazy memories I had from the previous life.

"Is that so?" Max asked, it seemed like I had peeked his interest.

I nodded slowly.

"Yes, whenever Braden and Dawn asked you for something you could never say no to them. They were your totally weakness." I said slightly smiling at the memory.

"Well they are my kids, how am I supposed to say no to someone that is half me and half you, that is the recipe for perfection." Max said as he kissed my temple.

"Well they were quite cute babies, and that is not my opinion, everyone would say that." I told Max proudly even if every mother thought that their babies were the cutest in the entire world.

"They are." Max said correcting me.

"What?" I asked confused as I looked up meeting his gaze.

"Our babies will be the cutest in the entire world, don't speak of them as if they are something that used to exist before." Max told me.