That Green Eyed Boy

By NotEloquent

When summer vacation starts, Tessa Richards expects beach time, tan time, and boyfriend time. But when her bo... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five**Parker's POV**
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven**Parker's POV**
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen**Parker's POV**
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six **Parker's POV**
Chapter Twenty Seven **Parker's POV**
Chapter Twenty Eight
Ten Years Later
Last Words

Chapter Eight

5.6K 173 37
By NotEloquent

Chapter Eight

"I'm radioactive. Radioactive...."

I groaned. Who calls anymore? This is the third phone call I've made in two days. Ugh. "Hello?"

"Hi, sweetheart!" I brightened up a little noticing it was my dad. I was supposed to be leaving Parker's house today, I still hadn't forgiven my mom. I couldn't believe she was going to force me to marry that stupid Andrew Wayland guy. Ugh. I can't believe her! Why couldn't she put herself in my shoes and see how much it would suck to marry someone you were forced to.

"...essa? Tessa?! Are you even listening?"

"I-uh-what, Dad? Sorry I was zoning out." He sighed.

"I'm not coming home tonight like I said I was but your mom did tell me what is going on and I think you should give her a break. It wasn't her idea. One night we were having dinner with the Wayland's and we were discussing business, then a handsome, young man not much older than you came downstairs with a tear stained face. He announced his girlfriend had broken up with him. I think you should give the poor guy a chance. I'm not asking you to go to your mother today but at least meet Andrew on Saturday like your mother said. This wedding thing isn't finalized yet, no matter what mom says. We were only discussing it and if you guys hit it off then it would indeed be finalized. Okay, pumpkin? Just be back home in two weeks at least, that's when I'll be home. I'm sorry about this but it is what's best for our family. Just give him a chance. I love you." Click. He hung up, not even letting me discuss it. Well I better tell Parker I'm not leaving tonight.

I left to go downstairs and saw Parker sitting on the couch playing Xbox. Megan and his mom went out to some little kid's birthday party so it was only Parker and myself. When I saw Parker memories of the kiss came to me. Why did I have to like Parker, the school bad boy, out of all people. Maybe I should give this Andrew guy a chance. He could help me lose feelings I have for Parker.

"Hey, uh, Parker?"

"Hmm?" He responded probably not even paying attention.

"So I guess my dad had to lengthen his business trip another two weeks. He wants me home by then but I still haven't forgiven my mom..."

"Okay." Okay? Okay?! That's it?

"So that means I need to stay here a little while longer," I said, now annoyed, "if that's okay." I added hastily.

"That's fine, shorty." Ugh! I can't decided if I want to slap him or kiss him right now. He's so annoying but so attractive. Okay, fine. I'm going out with Andrew. I can't feel this way about Parker. It'll just add drama to my life that I don't need. Lets just hope Andrew isn't terrible. Parker obviously didn't like me that way so I wasn't going to even try with him.

"Oh, except Saturday morning we need to sneak into my house again." I said remembering I needed something fancy, and hot, for my date with Andrew. Yes I'm going to call it a date. Also I would Google him, no doubt a young heir to his father's multi billion dollar company would have some images on the web and stuff.

"Ummm why?" He asked, fully paying attention to me.

"Because I have a date Saturday." I said as vaguely as possible. I look towards Parker and he had a foreign look on his face. Was he...was he jealous? Oh my god he so was!

"What's up with that look, sweetheart?" I winked. "Are you jealous?" He blushed a deep shade of red. "Oh my god you are! You're blushing now! Oh my god Parker Rivers I jealous of some guy he doesn't know! That's hilarious!" I barked with laughter.

"I'm not jealous!" He bellowed and suddenly I stopped laughing and felt like I would pee my pants. That was scary.

"Well, no matter. I need to sneak into my room to get a nice dress to wear. It's with Andrew Wayland." Like Parker knew who he-

"The heir to Wayland Enterprises?" He asked. Oh. He did know who he was. I nodded. "Oh. Cool." Then he just went back to his game like no big deal!

"I want to do something today, Parker." I almost whined. I was so bored.

"Well, call Emma or....Ty." He said Ty's name with almost disgust. Whatever.

"Ty is in Washington visiting some family for two weeks and Emma has a doctor and dentist appointment today."

Parker sighed. "Fine. Lets go to the beach." I smiled.

"Okay!" I ran upstairs to get into my swimsuit. I loved swimming so much and it was the perfect day to go to the beach. I had several swimsuits to choose from but decided on a deep blue bikini that had a red flower on the left breast. It was one of my favorites. I grabbed my towel, phone, and sunglasses and put on a white, sheer cover up dress and went downstairs to find Parker wearing his black swim shorts with no shirt on, only a towel hanging on his shoulders. Hot damn his abs...and...and his perfect chiseled chest...and is...are those v-lines...I swear I just swooned. He was just so perfect.

"You ready?" Good. He didn't notice me checking him out.

"Ready!" I grinned. I was glad I was going to the beach. I don't think I had gone once this summer.

I talked Parker into going in my car because we had a little too much for his motorcycle and I gave him my best puppy dog look. We got into my Jeep. I missed my baby. It'd been too long.

We stopped at Subway to get some sandwiches for lunch. We finally got to the beach and brought our stuff to a spot and Parker immediately ditched me and went into the water. I lay my towel out and put my sandwich on it with my phone. I took my thin dress off and set it down. I heard a wolf whistle and chuckles from behind me. I turned around.

Behind me was a group of five guys, all tanned, shirtless, and hot. They were the typical California boys. Great. One of them approached me. Even more great!

"Hey, my name's Andrew. I wanted to apologize for the bastards over there. They think women are objects, not people. Sorry." I looked him down. He had short, dirty blond hair and piercing blue eyes. In all honesty this guy was gorgeous. A sex god.

I giggled. "That's okay..Andrew? You said?" He nodded. "Well, I'm Tessa. Thanks for having some class unlike your buddies over there." I jabbed my thumb toward his friends. He sighed.

"I probably wouldn't even bother hanging out with them if it wasn't for my father and I've known them since diapers..." I nodded in understanding. "Well, it was nice to meet you Tessa." He smiled a heart stopping smile, showing off his perfect, white teeth. He was so gorgeous!

"It was my pleasure, Andrew." I smiled. He took my hand and kissed it.

"I hope we meet again in the future." Then we started talking for a little while more, even though I thought he was going to leave. I didn't mind. He was charming and funny and nice. Suddenly I felt an arm snake around my waist. I jumped and looked over to see Parker. Great.

"Hey, honey, who's this?" I glared at him.

"This is Andrew. I just met him, Parker. Andrew, this is my friend Parker." I introduced.

"I'm her boyfriend, actually." Parker said.

"No he's not." I elbowed his stomach.

"I'll just let you guys figure that out." Andrew laughed. "Nice meeting you, Tessa." He winked and went back to his pig friends.

"Really? You couldn't let me flirt with him?!" I shouted at Parker.

"I'm sorry. I thought I saw Emily so I had to play it up." I rolled my eyes. Whatever. "What did he even want?" He questioned.

"He was apologizing for his asshole friends since they were cat calling at me when I was only in my swimsuit." I sighed. "Come on, lets eat and ten go play!" I smiled.

"Play? I'll play anything with you." He winked and I reddened. Gah, I want to get rid of the way my stomach fluttered at that statement.

So we ate, had a water fight, and laughed a lot. Like we used to when we were kids. Eventually we got tired and left to go home.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

"Hurry up, shorty! I want to go to the gym today!" Parker yelled from below. It was Saturday and we barely did anything that week. Emma came over and we went to the spa one day and the movies the next, that was about it. Now I was sneaking into my house to get my favorite green dress for my date tonight with Andrew Wayland.

I went to my closet and found it wasn't in there. Oh well, I decided to get my white dress instead. It fit snugly to my body, showing off my barely-curves and was long sleeved. It had a tan, braided belt that went around under the breast and it was comfortable. I grabbed some tan pumps I had and any jewelry that would work. My dad texted me the details and said that I'd be meeting Andrew at the fancy French restaurant about thirty minute from my house at 6:05. It was now 3 and I planned on spending the next two an a half hours getting ready.

I threw my dress and everything else into a small bag I had and lowered it to Parker. Then I jumped out of my window into Parker's arms.

"Thanks for your help." I said on our way back.

"Eh, no problem. I'll see you later. I'm going to the gym for about an hour or so." He hopped into his car and left. I waved goodbye as he was pulling out.

I went into the bathroom to shower. I needed to get pumped up so I plugged my iPod into Parker's music dock in the bathroom and blasted the music. Nobody was home so I'd do what I want. I got into the shower, rocking out to "Since u been gone" by Kelly Clarkson then got out. I just wrapped the towel around my body and went into my room. I decided I'd do my hair and makeup first then get dressed, that way I wouldn't get my dress messed up in any way. I wanted to look flawless tonight.

I still had no idea who Andrew Wayland was because I kept forgetting to look him up. Oh well, I'd be finding out in an hour.

I looked over my makeup, making sure it was perfect before doing my hair. I put my hair into a braided bun with a few pieces on the sides out to frame my small face and curled the stray pieces. I then got dressed and spritzed myself with perfume. I looked over myself in the tall mirror and decided that I looked good. I put a headband into my hair to finish it off and put simple, diamond earrings into my ears. I looked flawless, like I wanted. I heard the front door open, knowing it was Parker. I looked at the time and saw I needed to leave in ten minutes.

I walked downstairs, Parker looking up when he heard the click of my heels. He was staring at me in awe.

"You-uh-l-look good T-Tessa." Parker spluttered out.

"Thanks, sweetheart." I winked. He smirked at me. "So do you have a hot date tonight?" I asked sarcastically, seeing he looked like he was drenched in sweat from the gym still. "Why didn't you just shower at the gym?" I asked.

"Cause only the open showers were available and even though I am sexy I was not going to shower with other men." He stated.

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever. I better leave." I said seeing it was now 5:25. "Better early than sorry." I said.

He shrugged. "Bye." Was all he said. I wanted him to beg me not to go out with another man. Not just shrug like it's nothing. Ugh. Men.

I walked out the door into the cool night and got into my car. I drove off towards the French restaurant. Wondering what Andrew would be like.

Thirty minutes later I pulled up to the doors of the restaurant, giving the valet my keys to park my baby. I walked inside to the exquisite foyer and walked up to the hostess.

"Good evening miss, do you have a reservation?" She asked.

I nodded. "Yes, um, it should be under either Wayland or Richards." She nodded.

"Yes, this way. Your date is already here." She smiled. Okay, I'm about to meet my possible future husband. No biggie. Okay. Okay. Okay. Calm down. It doesn't matter that much. Just look at the ground Tessa. "Here you are." She smiled and walked away. I saw a pair of very nice dress shoes and followed my eyes up to the owner. I gasped.

"Tessa? You're 'the' Tessa? I can't believe I didn't put two and two together." Andrew laughed. Andrew Wayland was the same Andrew I met at the beach at the beginning of this week. He was smiling his friendly smile and pulled me into an embrace. "Wow, this whole marriage doesn't seem so bad now." He chuckled and I found myself joining him. He pulled the seat out for me and say down for himself.

"Wow. I can't believe I, myself, didn't put it together, Andrew. Hehe." Wow. Okay, I'm not longer going to complain about this whole marriage business thing. He looked even better in a suit and tie. It stepped up his class even more. I found myself smiling at him.

"So...let me guess? You were hoping I'd be some terrible guy who you could hate so you'd have a reason not to marry me, am I right?" He chuckled. I shook my head.

"Actually I hoped you'd be my knight in shining armor. Seriously. You know the guy I was at the beach with?" He nodded, seeming amused. "We'll I've been having real feelings for him lately and he's a jerk and player so I wanted my feelings to disappear for him. So I actually wanted us to hit this off.." I trailed off. I told him an honest answer and shrugged.

"Well, wow. That's a surprise. I had a whole list of things in my head to do to you tonight to make you hate me but now I made it a list of things so you'll fall for me." He winked and I giggled. He was so charming! I could live my life with him. For sure.

A seemingly fake, French accent interrupter our laughs. "Hello, I'm Francois and I'll be your waiter for the evening." I looked up to our waiter and nearly fainted. Francois was actually Parker with a wig and mustache on. Andrew only saw him once so he couldn't tell but I could. I glared at "Francois".

"Ah, yes. We'll take a bottle of your finest red wine this evening and tell the chef it's Andrew Wayland, he'll know what to do." He told Parker.

"Very well, sir." Parker glanced at me then left.

"Uh, excuse me for a moment, Andrew, I need to use the restroom." I told Andrew.

"Of course, go ahead." He smiled at me. I got up and went to the bathroom, hoping I'd see Parker at some point. I went inside and looked at the mirror. I closed my eyes and just breathed for a second when suddenly I felt a warm presence right behind me. I turned around and opened my eyes to see Parker without his stupid Mario-looking disguise on.

"What. Are. You. Doing. Here?" I slapped his chest between each word, not making him flinch once.

He smirked. "I wanted to make sure you didn't get date raped or something. I didn't realize the other day that that was Andrew Wayland at the beach." He said.

"That makes two of us..." I muttered.

"What?"

"Nothing! Leave! You're going to ruin this date for me!" I nearly shouted and he only laughed.

"Oh, no. No, no, no. I'm staying your waiter tonight, baby." I sighed.

"Fine. Just don't do anything stupid. This is important to me." I pleaded him.

"Who said I would do something stupid?" He asked with mock hurt in his voice and I only rolled my eyes. "Oh, leaving so soon? Don't you want a repeat of last Saturday?" He asked and I stepped back. He was talking about our heated make out session.

No matter how much I actually did want a repeat I had a charming, hot sex god to entertain. "No. Goodbye, 'Francois.'" I said using air quotes then left the bathroom to go back to my table. When he saw me, Andrew stood up to pull out my chair. I smiled at how sweet he was.

"So, my father said you were a senior? Is that correct?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yep." I said, popping the 'p'.

"Alright. I'm about three years older than you." He winked. I just smiled at him and studied his face, my eyes landing on his lips first. I just stared at his perfect, pink lips that were no doubt super soft. I realized we were leaning into each other and I wasn't going to stop it. We got closer and closer when suddenly a wine bottle and glasses were placed loudly onto the table, making me jump out of my almost-kiss trance with Andrew.

I sighed and looked up to see stupid Parker smirking. "Ah, here you are, sir. Our best wine in the house for the best looking woman in the house." He said in his fake accent and winked.

"Thank you, Francois." Andrew said. I glared at Parker, waiting for him to leave but he wouldn't.

"Uh, you can go now." I said.

"Actually I'm going to pour the wine for you." He uncorked the wine and poured it into our two glasses. Suddenly Andrew's glass was knocked over, spilling the dark red contents all over the place, including his stomach. "Oh, my apologies, sir." I gasped in shock when I realized Parker did that on purpose. I glared at him.

"Andrew, would you like some help cleaning that up? In fact we could just ditch this place and go to your place." I offered.

"That sounds wonderful, actually, Tessa." He grinned at me. He left a twenty on the table. And took my hand. "Did you drive here?" I nodded. "Okay, good because I just took a taxi."

"Okay, we can just take my car and you give me directions. Bye, Francois." I smirked at Parker, my hand still in Andrew's.

We walked out of the restaurant and the valet brought my baby back. I have him a ten for taking care of it and we both got in.

"I'm sorry that that happened, Andrew." I said. He scoffed.

"It wasn't your fault, Tess. It was his fault and an accident I'm sure." He said kindly.

"Yeah. An accident." I muttered. "So, where do you live?" I asked.

"1913 Mahogany Lane." He stated and I nodded. He grabbed my free hand and entertained our fingers. I no doubt had feelings for him. He didn't give me the same sensation Parker did but I thought as we knew each other longer it would happen. He drew tiny designs on my knuckles with his thumb. It was a tad but distracting.

About five minutes later I pulled up to a decent sized house that was extraordinarily built. It was two stories and was totally Andrew. It looked modern and not too extravagant but also very nice. We helped me out of the car and led me to his door.

He reached into his pockets and fished out his keys to unlock the door. He walked inside with me in tow and I looked around. It had a nice, simple, homey feel to it. He led me to the living room where a couch and matching leather chairs were sitting with a flat screen TV.

"Nice house." I commented.

He merely shrugged. "Yeah. I want to redecorate sooner, though."

"Why?"

"I just get bored with my house easily, I guess." He laughed and I joined as well.

"I guess that makes sense." I said. We sat on the couch and just talked a while, getting to know each other. He liked to surf and had a younger brother, Brad, who was six at the moment. Andrew wanted to move into a beach house once he settled down, he gave me a pointed look then and I blushed, he also wanted two kids and a dog. He practically wanted what I wanted. We were a match made in heaven, I guess. We stopped talking and I found myself just staring at him again. He started staring at me as well. Then we were leaning into each other again like at the restaurant, but nobody could interrupt us now.

I shut my eyes instinctively before his lips finally reached mine. It started off slow and easy at first. He indeed had soft lips. I put my arms around his neck and wound my fingers through his soft hair. He pulled me up onto his lap and I straddled his hips. He licked my bottom lip asking for entrance and I gladly gave it to him. His tongue massaged mine. I liked how passionate and sweet this kiss was. I moaned into his mouth and starting grinding my hips slightly. I was on a high from Andrew and his mouth. He was an exceptional kisser and I wasn't thinking straight. I found my hand at the hem of his dress shirt and started unbuttoning it. I put my hands onto his hard muscles and explored his torso. He groaned and I smiled into the kiss. This felt right. Not fireworks unfortunately like Parker and I but it was nice and I would love to do it more. I didn't want to take it any farther than we already were and pulled away but he instead started kissing my jawline going down my neck then up again to the soft spot by my ear, I moaned a little louder this time and didn't want to stop but I knew we had to.

It wasn't like I had never had sex before but I wasn't ready for it with Andrew. "Andrew. Andrew, we should stop." I whispered forcefully. I didn't want to but I was sure it was getting late. He pulled away finally and looked at me his face was flustered, as mine probably was as well, and both of us were breathing hard. I smiled and pecked his lips again before getting off him and straightening my dress out. I saw it was 7:30 We were making out for an hour?! Wow. I wanted to get home around eight because I was planning on spending a little time with Megan tonight. I promised I'd paint her nails and do her hair for fun and since I forgave my mom I would probably leave the next day.

"I should go." I said to Andrew. He nodded.

"I'll walk you out." We walked to the door and then my car.

"This was fun. We should definitely do it again." I smiled at him and he grinned back.

"Definitely. Here's my number so we can indeed do this sometime." He handed me a card with his name and number, I put it into my bra to make it sexy. Hopefully it succeeded.

"Thanks. See you later." I gave him one last kiss before getting into my car and driving off.

I now had feelings for Andrew, that was for sure, but I still really liked Parker. Maybe time with Andrew would draw me away from the bad boy. I was moving out the next day. So that would help.

When I got home I received a hug from a very hyper Megan. "Tessie!!!" She exclaimed.

"Hi, Megan! I was thinking I would do you hair and nails tonight. Is that okay?" She nodded eagerly and led me to her bright pink room. She picked out a sparkly red color for her fingers and a solid pink color for her toes. I began my work on the six year old.

"Are you and Parky dating? Does that mean you'll be my sister?!" She asked enthusiastically. I chuckled.

"Your brother wishes we were dating." At that moment Parker came into her room.

"That stunt you pulled wasn't cool, Tessa." He glared.

"What? Why am I not allowed to leave with my date?" I asked, starting tiger aggravated.

"Oh my god. You're so stupid, Tess." He growled and I was taken aback. "Never mind. I'll see you later." He stormed out of the room and I huffed.

Whatever. If he was jealous or something he would just have to tell me.

I finished Megan's nails, hugged her , then went to bed. The last thing I saw was the hurt look in Parker's eyes and I instantly felt guilty and sad. I would have to make up with him the next day. I vowed that to myself.

*************

Okay please comment on what you think so far! This book isn't going to be too long so that's why things are moving pretty fast. I'm thinking maybe 25-35 chapters. Something like that!

So do you like Parker the bad boy more than Andrew the heir?! I think I still like Parker more. I'm a sucker for bad boys :)

Comment, Vote, Fan!!

-Leah<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.5K 512 12
hope ♡ /həʊp/ noun 1.a feeling of expectation and desire for a particular thing to happen. A story of an innocent mafia princess who is dealing with...
440K 21.2K 52
FREE for November! Now published as a Wattpad Book! Get your copy at all major bookstores, or find the e-book at your local library! As a Wattpad rea...
1.8K 75 39
The title. Literally says it all. 😂
47.5K 1K 30
When she met him, she had no idea how much it would change her life. She had no idea things would turn into trouble. Her name is Melody, Melody Summe...