Dark Identity(Percy Jackson F...

By TheAuroraLights

This is off the top of my head, so....enjoy, my lovely readers! Disclaimer for whole story: Rick Riordan owns... More

Where Did He Go?
A Light Change
Duties Of The Unknown Hunter
His Christening
His Watcher
New Beginnings
Curiosity Has Struck

Over The River And Through The Woods

12.4K 400 180
By TheAuroraLights

Okay, here we go, my lovely readers!

Point of View: ??????

Child of nature.

Child of wonder.

He fears nothing.

Why I wonder?

How can a child fear nothing?

The answer is simple.

He has lost everything.

He grew up too fast.

And has a very dark past.

Will he return?

Or by his memories spurn?

No, he is much too forgiving.

It is one reason they are living.

Life comes this way.

And Death drags your life away.

This is my life, I am that child. But I am no child. I am a fragment of war, a soldier, a lost soul, wandering the paths of nature. I hunt and survive on the land, wandering forever in my sorrow. I am cursed with long and everlasting life.  

Follow me and you die.

Love me and you leave me. 

Know me and you have forgotten.

See me and I am not there. 

Hear me and you believe in whispers of winds. 

Who am I?

I have no name.

Long ago, I was once known among my ties.

Long ago, my past life had died.

I walked across magic to get where I am.

But I encountered a new life, upon this land. 

To say goodbye and let go of all.

I disappeared to the knowledge of all. 

I am nothing.

Do not come my way.

I cross through the stream I am familiar with after all this time. I remember moving around constantly, still I do this. I know the way of all the lands. I hide here in these places, where no civilization comes. The satyrs know I exist, fearing my appearance near them. They worry that I will take their children. To them, I am a demon without cause or way. The nymphs do not have any troubles about me, they only observe and wait to see where I will go and what I will do. To them, I am just a shadow passing by. 

Animals come near me more often than not. At times, I converse with them. They are easier to speak to than humans. I need not the words from my tongue, but the movement of my body to speak with them. I have not spoken to another being in a very long time. I will speak aloud my thoughts when I wish to fill the neverending silence that is accompanied by the symphonies of the creatures around me. I sing with them because they want me to, willing me with their actions to play with them. So I do. 

I chase the fox through the woods, I sing with the blue jays that glide around the tree limbs, and I race the wolves as a challenge of speed. Adore the newborns and hunt as a predator. Spend time with the grass in the dead of winter. They all speak to me. It is Pan's blessing and my tie to the Primordial Goddess of Earth, Gaea. For even now she speaks to me in her sleep, forgiving her great grandchild for defeating her. Confessing her sins and wrongdoings. I forgave her a very long time ago. She keeps me company, always with me wherever I go. 

I spend many of my days in the land without the gods, but I enjoy the nature elsewhere as well. It is tranquil out here, nothing bothers the stillness or the quiet. 

"My lady!" I hear a girl's voice.

"What is it, Ileana?!" One voice responds. This one is familiar. This one I know well. 

"My lady! Over here! I think I found tracks!" The girl's voice answers. 

The younger one I do not recognize is to my left and the one I know far too well is to my right. I focus and still cannot feel but a sliver of their presences, then I realize why. I have blocked my powers for the day to see how I will fare. I let my powers bleed back into my veins from holding them back, careful not to let my own presence and scent be released. I was a fool to get lost in thought here. 

Too late to move from her sight, Artemis walks through the foliage. As soon as her eyes land on me, she hisses and draws her bow, the rest of her Hunt doing the same once they see her and her reason for coming to bear arms. 

"Who are you?" Artemis demands.

I glance behind me as the leaves rustle before quickly returning my gaze to the goddess in front of me. 

"Ileana, stay where you are." Artemis commands.

"My lady, who is that?" The little girl asks in a trembling voice.

"What is your name?" Artemis inquires.

My deep and cold voice, empty all the same, resounds from my chest as I force the words on my tongue past my lips. "I have no name. I am born from the broken past, created by the darkness it holds."

"Stay away from my huntress." She growls.

"Hmph." It is a half-laugh. "I have no intention of going near her. I only pass through these woods to hunt and enjoy the nature that is left of the human-ravaged world. Pay me no mind, Goddess of the Moon and Hunt. I am but a shadow in time." I turn and continue on my path before, heading away from them and opening a path for the girl to get back to Artemis. 

"Wait right there, boy." Artemis snaps.

I stop and look over my shoulder. "What is it that you want? I am nothing but a soul that wanders in old sorrow. I have no purpose but to roam and survive. My only wish is to die and it shall never be granted. I am not your enemy, Artemis, nor am I the enemy of Olympus."

She blinks and then glares. "What are you?"

"I have already given you an answer. There is nothing more I have to offer you in explanation. I may have answers, but I know not your questions. My existence is insignificant. If you have wish to know about me, I am not the one to ask." I reply.

"But you must answer my questions." She says and comes up to me, her bow gone. 

"And what questions are those?" I answer.

"Why do you not have a name?" She asks.

I frown, but she cannot see it. nothing shows behind my hood. To her, I am faceless, a shadow. "I lost it. I have no concept of time, my memories have faded. I remember pictures and places, figures and faces. But words and names are a mystery to me. I have met you before and the name of immortals I shall never forget. I once had a friend among your Hunt, death found her and took her away. I was very fond of her, I forget many things, but she is not one of them. She gave me light in the dark that had captured me. I am grateful to her for her gift and words. My name...I have nothing of my name left. It is gone."

"Who was she?" Artemis demands.

"Saying her name will only bring grief. I will not speak it." I respond. 

"I must know. What harm could it do?" Artemis demands.

"Zoë Nightshade. My light in the dark." I answer.

She stares at me. "Zoë only had one male friend and he has been missing."

I tilt my head and this confuses her. "Who would that be?"

"Perseus Jackson." Artemis informs me.

"It does not ring any bells." I shake my head. "Ah, wait." I think about it. "That was the lad who fought in the last wars, was it not?"

"Indeed." She stretches out the word. 

"Perhaps he is familiar. But no, I knew Zoë a very long time ago." I sigh. "Miss Nightshade was the only reason I decided to stay and her gift to me lives on. She is my favorite constellation in the night sky. At times, I find myself following the path she takes around the world when I have no place in mind to travel. A very dear friend. So sad a day when she passed. I remember it. I watched from afar. Her father is not on my good side for that one and neither is Ladon. One day, perhaps I will venture to her garden and deal with them myself. But for now, my aimless wandering shall continue. it is my only purpose. For I have no other."

"A purpose?" She asks and I stop again. 

"Yes, I truly have no purpose." I respond. 

"What if I offered you one?" She questions.

"The Huntress has a purpose to give a male?" I raise an eyebrow of which cannot be seen by her or her followers. 

"I have decided to look for qualities within a male, for that is what the position calls for, to become a protector of my Hunt and I. Would you accept?" Artemis holds out her hand.

"Tempting, I admit. But what qualities do you see within me that have you making your decision so easily?" I counter.

"I am using the advice given to me long ago. It comes from two different people. I have a feeling. You have this air about you. What say you?" She offers her hand once more, closer to me now.

"Hmm." I raise my hand and it hovers above hers. "Perhaps I should heed her advice." I tentatively set my hand in hers and she smiles. 

Light bursting and a different color traveling up the length of my arm, covered by my sleeve. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.2K 369 1
A Pereyna fanfiction. Disclaimer: Rick Riordan owns PJO/HOO. Enjoy!
11.1K 423 33
. 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐄𝐅 𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑒𝑢𝑠 𝑗𝑎𝑐𝑘𝑠𝑜𝑛 𝑥 𝑓𝑒𝑚!𝑜𝑐 ❝ fee...
15.6K 380 1
Disclaimer: Rick Riordan owns PJO/HOO. Just a little something I have had made for a while, my lovely readers! Enjoy
308K 6.8K 10
I know, I know. But I have so many ideas that I've been working on that I want to share a few with you. You can see what happens, but it starts out a...