I'm only Mariana.(TVD-Fanfict...

By BrookeGarton

Yes this is the third book of the 'I'm Mariana Gilbert' TRILOGY!!! Mariana has hit a cement wall. She has gon... More

All Words Following Because
I'd Leave My Home But Not Under Many Circumstances
I'll Stand By You Until The Sun Stops Shining
You'll Be In My Thoughts. Always.
Day One of Many More
Never Be Alone
Innocent
I Carry You With Me
Living Through You
Out With The Dogs
Mother Dearest
Hold Me or Kill Me
Colder Than Ice
Things We Lost in the Fire
Goodbye Postcards
Moonlight Upon Your Lips
For you were my everything
Where do we go?
Into the woods
One way or another
Somebody that I used to Love
Kill 'em all.
For a Dream
Monsters in real life
Hello, Lover
A Different Day, A Different Week.
Worth My Time
Misery Is A Road Less Traveled
Come Home
Demanding times
If Only It Were You
History and Attachments
Near but Far
Here and Now
Yin & Yang
The Inevitable
Caught Up in Your Lies
Keep on Going
Wedding Bells
Forever
And Always . . .

A Woman's Work

1.6K 48 5
By BrookeGarton

I ran a hand through my hair in frustration as Stefan and I waited outside of the E.R. We watched intently through a window into the E.R as doctors prepped Caroline for a C-section. I put my head in my hands as Stefan groaned in anger and kicked over a chair that sat in the hall and it flew back, hitting the wall. "Perhaps this isn't the best time to mention that they ran out of cream." Valerie stated eyeing Stefan as she came into the room with our coffee and I sighed turning towards her.

"Sorry." Stefan apologized, grabbing his coffee and looking back at the doctors work on Caroline.

"Don't be. You have every right to be upset." Valerie reassured him as I slowly nodded in agreement at her and took my coffee.
"What did you tell them?" She added standing next to Stefan and I.

"Oh, I compelled the doctors to ignore all things medicine couldn't explain." I pointed out emotionlessly and Valerie nodded in agreement.

"Good." She replied and I slowly nodded. "I compelled the doctor to shut down this entire wing so it's just us. Didn't want a vampire C-section to draw too much attention." She added slowly sighing and I looked towards Stefan who remained silent. "Has she regained consciousness?" Valerie asked and Stefan sighed in defeat.

"No, not yet." Stefan stated not, not taking his eyes off of Caroline.

"I gave her my magic. I stopped the desiccation." Valerie stated and Stefan and I turned towards her.

"I knew she was sick and I left anyway—It almost killed her." Stefan stated angry at himself.

"And what were you going to do? What could you have done? Allowed Damon to get his head ripped off in a bloody fight—your brother needed you." Valerie countered and I scoffed turning back to the doctors and Caroline.

"Damon doesn't care about anything or anyone else but himself. He made that very clear yesterday." I replied quietly.

"Have you talked to anyone else about what he did to Elena?" Valerie asked eyeing Stefan and I and we both slowly shook our heads.

"The entire drive home I was trying to—Figure out a way to tell Caroline." Stefan sighed and I slowly breathed out.

"And Bonnie." I added looking at Val who listened intently. "I just couldn't find the words." I whispered quietly and Valerie slowly nodded, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Look, everything you need to worry about is inside that room. Caroline is going to have the babies and everything will be fine. All of this will be over." Valerie reassured and I slowly turned to Stefan and grabbed in hand, squeezing it tightly.
~~~

"I'm on my way to the airport now, I should be there in a few hours." Ric stated and I rolled my eyes into the phone.

"We don't have a few hours—Caroline's stable but the doctor needs to perform the C-section now." I countered as I put the phone on speaker and Ric slowly sighed.

"Okay, yeah I-I-I get it, but just do what you have to doBut promise me that you've got the best doctors in Virginia." Ric replies in concern and I rose my eyebrow at Stefan.

"Just hurry back—And don't forget to feed Freya while you're in the cab." I warned before Ric sighed in annoyance and I smirked a bit, hanging up. I put the phone back in my pocket before I looked at Caroline. I examined Caroline's heart rate beating rhythmically and normally as were the babies.

"Scalpel." The doctor stated from inside the E.R and the nurse handed it to her. I rose my eyebrow as the doctor gently inserted the scalpel into Caroline's stomach before all of the heart rates started beeping loudly and going down fast. I furrowed my eyebrows in concern and watched the doctor groan in confusion as she couldn't move the scalpel any further towards Caroline. "What's happening?" The doctor asked in frustration as her hand shook uncontrollably.

"Doctor, are you alright?" The nurse asked furrowing her eyebrows before the scalpel flew out of the doctor's hand.

"What the hell was that?" Stefan asked in concern before the table of tools fell to the floor as well and I quickly ran into the E.R.

"No—don't touch that." Valerie warned the nurse who knelt on the floor towards the tools. I looked at the heart rates on the machines to see them jump back to normal as Caroline and the babies calmed down. "I think the babies want to stay where they are so they can keep feeding off of Caroline as a source of magic." Valerie stated looking between Stefan and I and I slowly shook my head. "They don't want to be born." She added before Stefan and I looked at each other with worried glances.

-Time Skip-

"What do you mean they don't want to come out?" Caroline asked angrily and full of worry.

"Valerie said they want to stay where the magic is. Right now—that magic is in your blood which, they're getting a steady stream of." Stefan pointed out as I sat in the chair beside her bed and stared out the window.

"So what do we do?" Caroline asked furrowing her eyebrows and shaking her head.

"Well, Valerie's plan is to channel enough magic outside of your body so the babies are drawn to it. That way, they don't resist when the doctor tries to pull them out." Stefan replied and held Caroline's hand in reassurance.

"Funny, I didn't hear one medical word in all of that." Caroline stated in annoyance at the tactic. "Could someone call Bonnie—I feel like she should be here." Care added sighing in defeat and I turned towards her finally.

"I will call her, and I promise—this will all be fine." Stefan reassured Caroline as he eyed me and I slowly sighed turning away again.

"So where's Dr. Valerie now?" Caroline asked raising her eyebrow as Stefan left the room.

"She's getting help." I stated, still staring out the window.

"What do you mean help?" Caroline asked narrowing her eyes at me and I slowly rose my eyebrow, looking at her.

"Uh—Nora and Mary-Louise?" I stated in a sweet voice, more as a question before Caroline scoffed.

"Oh, that is just perfectly reasonable. Putting my life and the life of these babies into the hands of the people who tried to kill me." Caroline stated in disbelief and I slowly at her.

"Care, Stefan and I aren't going to let anything happen to you." I reassured grabbing her hand. "Nothing. I promise." I added giving her a smile before she took a deep breath out, nodding her head in agreement.
~~~

"Phesmatos sequitos in lucema infantesi mortuous. Venis ad vitir. Venis ad essendier. Factuo partis viventia." Beau, Mary-Louise, Nora and Valerie chanted as Stefan and I waited outside of the E.R.

"What do you mean she's surrounded my heretics? You said you were taking care of her." Ric stated angrily into the phone and I sighed in defeat.

"Yeah, and trust me—every possible way you're second guessing me right now, I've already done it." I argued, watching the doctors work on Caroline.

"Listen. I know, that this is totally crazy and not what anyone expected or asked for, okay? But what Caroline is doing for meI am getting to have the family that I thought I lost forever. Please.. Now, you make sure that nothing happens to them. Please." Ric pleaded and I turned and looked at Stefan who slowly nodded.

"I will.. For Jenna and Joe." I replied quietly, hanging up the phone. "I'm going in there." I stated, taking a deep breath and walking into the E.R. I watched the four heretics chant as they surrounded Caroline before I linked hands with Val, bringing myself in. Valerie opened her eyes and looked at me before we smiled at each other. "Phesmatos sequitos in lucema infantesi mortuous. Venis ad vitir. Venis ad essendier. Factuo partis viventia." I chanted along with the four others and closed my eyes.

"Scalpel." The doctor stated as she hovered over Caroline. "I'm about to make the incision." She added in a somewhat nervous tone before I heard flesh tear from under the scalpel and I ignored it, focusing on the spell before someone started coughing vigorously and I furrowed my eyebrows, stopped chanting as did everyone else.

"Oh, my god, Beau." Nora stated in worry as an 'x' shaped scar on his neck, started bleeding out of no where.

"It's his scar." Valerie whispered in realization before Beau ran out of the E.R and everyone followed behind him. I furrowed my eyebrows as I ran out with them, standing next to Stefan and Nora before she pulled out her phone, dialing a number and listening as it rang.

"Nora?" Bonnie asked, answering on the other side.

"Did you let Reyna get the Phoenix Sword?" Nora asked as her voice was filled with concern and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I didn't Let her. Waithow do you know about that?" Bonnie countered in confusion.

"Beau's scar opened up, which means she's coming for him and she'll never stop coming for him. Once she kills him, she'll go after every other vampire in her path." Nora warned frantically and I looked at Stefan with a worried glance.

"I need you to calm down. Where are you?" Bonnie asked calmly but with franticness in her voice.

"In the hospital. With your friend, helping deliver her babies." Nora pointed out slowly sighing in defeat.

"Wait, What?" Bonnie asked completely shocked.

"We're all in danger, Bonnie. Beau's scar is the mark for her sword and it will lead Reyna right to him. Once you've been marked, she'll chase you to the ends of the earth until your soul is back in that stone. Once she gets Beau, she'll go after any other vampire in her path—And right now, this hospital's full of them." Nora warned, pressingly and I widened my eyes, looking towards Stefan who was looking back at Caroline before her stats started dropping again, as did the babies.

"Start her on atropine. Point five milligrams." The doctor stated loudly in concerned.

"Pushing point Five milligrams of atropine." The nurse repeated, injecting it into Caroline's drop and I slowly turned to Beau who was still bleeding from his neck as Nora put cloths over it frantically.

"Beau, don't despair. We'll get you away from here—far away." Nora reassured, nodding at him.

"Beau's the one who's marked, why can't he just go?" Stefan asked in annoyance at them.

"And leave him to be hunted alone?" Mary-Louise asked scoffing. "We have to protect each other—we stay together." She countered as her and Nora helped Beau stand up straight.

"I'm sorry, but I can't let you leave." Stefan argued, standing in their way.

"Stefan." I warned in a stern voice him but he didn't move.

"Look, you love Caroline and you don't want her to die. I understand, because that is the way I feel about Nora and she will. We all will if you do not get out of our way!" Mary-Louise warned angrily back at him.

"Stay and I will do everything I can to protect you from this woman." Stefan countered and I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

"You don't stand a chance against her—none of us do!" Mary-Louise argued yelling at him frantically.

"She's right." Valerie agreed and we all turned to look at her. "You have to let them go. They can take Beau and draw Reyna away from here. The doctors are nearly finished. I'll do what I can on my own." Val reassured and Nora walked towards her worriedly.

"You can't stay here. Come with us." Nora stated shaking her head back at Valerie.

"These babies deserve a chance. I can give that to them." Valerie stated arguing with Nora who sighed at her.

"They could drain you, Val. You could die." Nora warned and I shook my head, walking towards them.

"She has me. We have to try." I pressed and looked at Valerie who slowly nodded in agreement before Nora looked back at Mary-Louise and they all walked towards the door quickly.

"Remember." Valerie stated, stopping Beau as she looked at him with sadness. "Never stop running." Valerie warned as worry encased her words. "Not for a moment." She added shaking her head at him and he slowly nodded in agreement before the three of them walked quickly away from us. I sighed deeply as Valerie and I walked quickly back into the E.R and stood by Caroline once again. "Phesmatos sequitos in lucema infantesi mortuous. Venis ad vitir. Venis ad essendier. Factuo partis viventia." Valerie chanted again before I added in, closing my eyes and holding my hands towards Caroline. I heard the stats go back to normal as the three bodies were no longer in stress and I slowly calmed my breaths, chanting with more power. I heard Stefan come in and stand next to Caroline worriedly before the door was opened frantically again but I kept chanting.

"How are they?" Bonnie's voice asked towards Stefan.

"They're fine—What's wrong?" Stefan asked, noticing her frantic look before I heard Bonnie's heart beat quicken.

"Beau didn't get away.." Bonnie replied emotionless and I opened my eyes immediately and I turned to Valerie who slowly shook her head as her eyes glazed over.

"No—No that's not possible." Valerie whispered as her voice cracked.

"I'm so sorry, Valerie." Bonnie whispered towards her reassuringly.

"And what about the others?" I asked turning towards Bonnie in worry and somewhat hope that the two others made it.

"I don't know. But I think Reyna's somewhere inside this hospital." Bonnie warned and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Where's Damon?" Stefan asked narrowing his eyes at her before Bonnie's face went blank and I stepped towards her.

"Where is Damon, Bonnie?" I asked uneasily as I felt my pulse quicken in anger as well as worry before the lights over us started flickering uncontrollably.

"Not to make things worse but my magic doesn't work on her. I also don't think Damon can handle her alone—You have to go." Bonnie stated looking at Stefan who scoffed.

"What are you talking about, I'm not leaving her." Stefan stated grabbing Caroline's arm in anger.

"I will stay here and help Valerie and Mariana. Damon needs you." Bonnie pressed him and Stefan scoffed in disbelief once again.

"I don't care about what Damon needs." Stefan countered and Bonnie sighed in frustration.

"I don't know what Damon did to make you hate him—but he is so determined to make things right that he's going to get himself killed." Bonnie stated angrily and I watched Stefan waver a bit. "Do you honestly think I would do anything to put Caroline at risk?" Bonnie asked, shaking her head at him and Stefan turned towards me, about to open his mouth before Ric walked into the E.R also.

"What the hell's going on here?" Ric asked eyeing all of us as he held Freya who was sleeping in her carrier.

"Stefan, go. Ric can take it from here." I reassured and Stefan slowly looked down at Caroline one last time before he took a deep breath and walked out and I turned towards Bonnie. "Bonnie, you take care of Freya." I demanded and Bonnie nodded in agreement as Ric grabbed Caroline's hand, looking up at me and I gave him a small smile before looking at Valerie. "Again." I nodded, before closing my eyes. "Phesmatos sequitos in lucema infantesi mortuous. Venis ad vitir. Venis ad essendier. Factuo partis viventia." Valerie and I chanted in unison and I felt our magic unite as one.
~~~

"How are they?" Ric asked the doctor after some time.

"Almost ready." She reassured before she slowly sighed. "Okay—Now's our chance. Time for baby number one." The doctor warned as silence filled the air other than Valerie's and I's chanting. After a moment, I heard a small cry split the air and I opened my eyes to see the first baby. I watched as the nurse took it over to a small cleaning station and I smiled towards the baby. "Now for baby two." The doctor added before I heard another small cry fill the room and I turned back to the doctor to see another baby in her hands. I smiled happily as the nurse put the first baby, now cleaned and in a blanket, in Ric's arms.

"Is she okay?" I asked raising my eyebrow at Ric who looked down at her in awe.

"Yeah.. She's okay." Ric said looking up at me and smiling. "They're both okay." He stated smiling at down his daughters.. All three of them.

-Time Skip-

I softly dabbed a wet cloth on Caroline's forehead as she stirred from beneath me. "What happened?" She whispered weakly before opening her eyes and looking up at me. "Are they out—are they okay?" She asked worriedly and I gave her a small smile.

"Everything's fine. Babies are healthy—They're with Alaric. He took them to the nursery to get them checked out." I reassured quietly and looked at Bonnie who sat in the chair next to the bed, holding Freya who was asleep.

"They're okay?" Caroline asked in relief as I held her hand gently and I slowly nodded.

"They're better than that." I said smiling a bit. "They're beautiful." I added and Care slowly laughed, taking a deep breath and looking around the room in confusion.

"Where's Stefan?" Caroline asked, not seeing him and my face fell as did Bonnie's and Caroline furrowed her eyebrows slowly. "What happened?" She asked with concern and I slowly shook my head.

"He saved his brother." I replied quietly before shrugging. "The huntress is alive. Very much alive and in Mystic Falls. She was here—in the hospital, trying to kill Damon but Stefan got in the way and she pierced him. Only a scratch.. Or a scar. So.. He ran. Once you're scarred with her sword, she never stops hunting you.. He knew that." I whispered in defeat and Caroline just stared at me, totally taken back. "I-I'm sorry.. But have to go." I whispered before walking out of the room, leaving Caroline to process.
~~~

I stood in front of the fireplace in the living room and heard the front door open as I drank my vodka silently. "Is Caroline okay?" A voice asked in worry and I slowly nodded, not talking. "Are you okay?" He added quietly and I scoffed.

"My boyfriend killed my sister by burning her alive—Ric is going to be leaving for Dallas with his daughters—my best friend is running away from his whole life—and I'm left drinking vodka because you and this bitch named Kathy with a K decided to drink all of the bourbon." I stated in annoyance, downing the vodka as a few more tears fell down my face before I turned towards Damon in complete disappointment. "I mean, it's only fitting for you to be having sex with a girl whose name is Kathy but with a K, right?" I asked scoffing and throwing the glass towards him but he dodged it easily.

"Elena's alive." Damon stated emotionlessly and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Don't you dare try and-" I started before he vamped in front of me and wiped my tears that were full of mascara.

"Enzo and Tyler thought it was best to have a little game called 'Elena Keep Away' when they heard I was put into the stone. They couldn't think of what you would do—Most likely go see your sister but you didn't. So when I came out of the stone my mind was playing tricks on me.. I decided to go see Elena. Talk to her about you.. But I ended up burning her—Only it wasn't her. It was an empty casket.. The real Elena and casket is in New York." Damon stated, eyeing me carefully and I just stared back at him. "Mariana? Did you hear me? Elena's-" he started before I kissed him quickly, only to pull away and push him back. I furrowed my eyebrows, looking away from Damon and processing it all over in my head. I looked back up at Damon as he stared at me before he vamped at me, grabbing my face in his hands and kissing me deeply.

"But what about Kathy with a K-" I started in anger before he cut me off with his kisses and I smiled into them.

"She's of unimportance." Damon reassured in between kissing me and I wrapped myself around him.

-Time Skip-

I walked into Caroline's hospital room to see her holding two gorgeous babies in the bed as Ric sat beside her, holding Freya in his lap while he sat in the chair. I clapped my hands in excitement, holding out my arms and Caroline laughed putting one of the babies in my hands. "Who is this gorgeous little thing?" I asked in awe down at her and kissing her forehead gently.

"Josie. In honor of Joe." Ric pointed out and I looked up at him smiling.

"And that one?" I asked gesturing at the one still in Caroline's arms.

"Elizabeth." Care replied, looking up at me and I slowly nodded, smiling at the name.

"In honor of your mother." I whispered before gently giving Josie back to Caroline. "She would be happy for you, Care." I reassured and Caroline smiled up at me as her eyes glazed over before she looked down at the girls. I turned towards Freya who laughed loudly, holding her arms towards me and I grabbed her, kissing her forehead and smiling.

"You never told us." Ric stated looking up at me I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

"Told you what?" I asked looking back at Freya who played with my hair as she grabbed it with her small hands.

"Why you named her Freya." Caroline countered and I rose an eyebrow at the two of them who watched me intently. I smiled a bit as I looked back down at Freya.

"Jenna." I pointed out and they both furrowed their eyebrows back at me. "Jenna's middle name was Freya." I clarified, looking down at Freya who's eyes were an olive green and hair still brown but was getting a tiny bit of red in it. "She looks just like her." I stated in awe, shaking my head softly.

"And you look just like Katherine." Ric countered and I rolled my eyes back at him before he chuckled in amusement. "Mother or doppelganger. Either one works." He joked and I scoffed lightly, kissing Freya's head as she played with my curls, unbothered.

"Looking like her turned out to be more of a curse than a blessing." I stated looking back at Ric and he slowly nodded in agreement.

"You don't act like her though, Mariana.. Katherine was evil. You took care of my daughter while I decided to get drunk on my honeymoon with Damon and Bonnie." Ric pointed out and I rolled my eyes back at him. "If you were Katherine, you'd have tried to ship her off to Boarding school." He added and I smiled in amusement at him.

"I got to be a mom for a few weeks." I shrugged, smiling as I gave Freya back to Alaric before I sat gently on the bed beside Caroline. John was right, though.. One day I would love a child like my own. And know what it felt like to want to do nothing but protect them from whatever harm came their way.

"You would have been a good mom." Caroline stayed from next to me and I looked at her, rolling my eyes as a smile lingered on my lips.

"I think I'll stick to being the badass Aunt Mari." I shrugged laughing a bit before Ric and Caroline did too.. But a part of me knew that I wanted that also.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.5K 146 18
just some of my horny thoughts;) men dni
48.6K 1.5K 67
I do not own any of the characters. Y/n are a supe. But not a famous one, that didn't work out. Now you are one of the sevens PAs. Maybe, briefly Th...
202K 10.2K 89
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...
80.5K 3.2K 7
2 tom dylogii ,,Agony"