Demon(#Wattys2017 Entry)

By TimmyLail

Black Griffin. A mercenary company well known for their efficient tactics and dominance of war. The Sile... More

Names/Terms In The Story
Chapter 1:Army of Sawaln
Chapter 2:Griffin Strikes
Chapter 3:Why must I cry?
Chapter 4:The Mark
Chapter 5:The Cost of Tears
Chapter 6:Home
Chapter 7:Clouded Vengeance
Chapter 8:Sharp Horns
Chapter 9:Escort
Chapter 10:Stone
Chapter 11:Fake
Chapter 12:Why?
Chapter 13:What am I?
Chapter 14:Triple Dragon
Chapter 15:Vizier
Chapter 16:Aurega Pride
Chapter 17:Crossed Swords
Chapter 18:T.H.A.R.S.O.O.C.
Chapter 19:Lost Innocence
Chapter 20:Scars
Chapter 21:Vas'Tirren
Chapter 22:Gates of Tirren
Chapter 23:Manacast
Chapter 24:Stealth
Chapter 25:Charge
Chapter 26:Trapped
Chapter 28:Shade
Chapter 29:Twisted Mirror
Chapter 30:Shared Taint
Chapter 31:Magilles
Chapter 32:Barrier
Chapter 33:Giles
Chapter 34:Break
Chapter 35:War's End
Chapter 36:Departure
Chapter 37:Borderline
Chapter 38:Forward
Chapter 39:Reba
Chapter 40:Search
Chapter 41:Lost
Chapter 42:Balance
Chapter 43:Vengeance
Chapter 44:Unliving
Chapter 45:I'm Sorry
Chapter 46:Rest?
Chapter 47: Ma
Chapter 48: Nrevac
Chapter 49: Raided
Chapter 50: Be gone
Chapter 51: Eyes
Chapter 52: Swordsman
Chapter 53: Slaughter
Chapter 54: Hands
Chapter 55: Revelation
Chapter 56: Devastated
Chapter 57:Scared
Chapter 58: Nuisance
Chapter 59: Greed
Chapter 60:Plagued
Chapter 61: Broken Heart
Chapter 62: Pearl
Chapter 63: Descent
Chapter 64: Burned
Chapter 65: Panic

Chapter 27:Sire

17 6 1
By TimmyLail

Giles worked tirelessly, trying to keep every man alive. It was impossible, he knew, as several had died already. He tried, of course, to treat everyone he could, friend and foe alike.

However, if he treated a Deena, the Black Griffin soldiers complained.

If he treated the Griffin soldiers, the Deena complained.

The Sai, though not as many of them had come to him for healing, were sure to loudly and boldly complain either way.

It drained quite a bit of his magic to treat each wave of men from the battlefield, and a good deal of energy was spent as he tried to break up fights that would reopen wounds or undo his work entirely.

And of course, there was the issue of keeping them there, for many wanted to return to the fight. There was one soldier in particular who was in and out of the ward seven different times before Giles had finally restrained him.

But still, he tried his best, for that was what he was meant for. He became a healer not to save the lives of Black Griffin soldiers, but to save the lives of everyone he possibly could.

The Sai had gathered together near a wall. The first one to have arrived watched Giles intently.

One of his underlings looked at him."Chief Luggra, what're Ye staring for, eh?"

Luggra shushed him."No need for others knowing that, eh? Keep that trap shut."

The underling nodded."Sorry chi-Er....Luggra."

He nodded."And as for your question.....There's just an odd feeling I have about that one." He said simply."I can't explain it, but..."

His underling squinted."....Almost t'awt 'e was one of us, eh? Tall, blond....'e's a Sai in all but tail!" He laughed loudly, but slowly trailed off as Luggra did not join him, only becoming more focused on the healer."That, uh...That was a joke, eh? C'mon, that idjit a Sai? Not even a real warrior, looks like."

Luggra nodded."True, very true.....still, best not to make such jokes with Deena present, they may become violent......well, more violent."

His underling nodded."True, true. Sorry 'bout it chief...T'ink I'll get some shut-eye."He leaned back.

Luggra nodded briefly, then looked back at Giles, deep in thought."Could he......no, no, not possible.....It couldn't be."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A group of Black Griffin soldiers ran back towards the encamped men, seeming exhausted.

 Giles looked over."Eh? Fight over already? Geez, ya shoulda-" 

One ran ahead, panting."They're coming! A big wave of reinforcements came for them, we're being overrun!"

Giles glared."Ya idjit, why'dya lead 'em to da wounded!?" He demanded.

The approaching squad of Deena charged in, swinging swords angrily. These were wielders of Manacast blades from the besiegers. They sliced indiscriminately, cutting at Deena, Griffin, and Sai alike.

Giles grabbed his scythe and growled."Quit that!" He demanded, running forward to slice off the head of one.

This sudden burst attack surprised them and they regrouped.

Giles glared and pointed."Get 'em! We got one enemy right now, an' each other ain't it!" He proclaimed.

The other cheered and charged after him. The Deena may have been strong, even more so with their blades, but against a combined force of their own race and furious outsiders, they could do very little apart from try to survive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Sai by the wall had decided to try and flee.

Luggra looked back curiously. He saw the Healer rally both friend and foe against these new attackers, and smiled."A born leader.....the only skill that can beat any magic it faces....my, not bad."

He could not help but be interested by this man. He had, after all, healed him, and he saw now he was quite the warrior. Already, three of the powerful foes had fallen to him alone.

His underling frowned."Uh...chief? We gotta get go-"

"Hey! Hold it!" Giles broke away from the fighting to run over."Where d'ya T'ink Ye're goin', eh? Yer wounds'll need-"

Before he could say any more, Luggra punched him. Giles staggered back, seeming only stunned for a moment. With a second punch, he fell back like a freshly-cut tree, scythe falling from his hands and clattering against the cobblestone roads.

Luggra looked to his underling, who was surprised. He pointed."Take him. He'll be useful." He said simply.

The underling knew better tha to object, and so obediently slung Giles over one shoulder, rushing off with the leader and leaving only the scythe behind.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Av'rasca laughed, seeing the last few enemies run."Haha! Could hardly even call that a fight!" He commended, picking up one of the discarded blades."Haha! Just look at these things! I feel like I could chop down a whole army with it! Hey Commander, take a look at..." He frowned."Eh? Where'd commander Giles get off to?" He asked, realizing for the first time that he was gone.

There was quiet rumbling as they broke into chatter, but no one saw the commander.

One of the placated Deena briefly recalled seeing him break off from the fight, presumably to kill a group that was flanking them. Av'rasca frowned."Hmm...maybe he chased them a bit too far, or-" There was the sound of boots pounding on stone, and he looked over.".....Reba." He nodded as the commander walked over to him.

Reba nodded."Rasca." Her fiery hair was tangled and disheveled, and she had an angry look upon her face.

Rasca scoffed, obviously unpleased with her here."Well...as you can see, he lead us to victory over them. Completely driven off. I'm sure you're very proud of that damn son of yours, hm-"

Reba quickly walked over and slapped Av'rasca, earning attention, surprise, and a few laughs from those watching. "One....He is not my son. Do not say that he is." She corrected briskly."Second...how did none of you incompetents sense this betrayal coming? Or have you not noticed that the Sai here have gone?"

Av'rasca frowned and checked, forgetting his anger for a moment. He saw that, indeed, the Sai were nowhere to be seen."Huh...I suppose so, but-"

Reba glared."They took him! They took Giles, you idiots!"

Jak glared."Pardon, but irregardless to whether-"

Reba glared."Shut up, you idiot!" She hissed, a mix of anger towards his indifference and panic for Giles' safety on her face. She snatched the blade from Av'rasca and ran off."Useless, utterly useless, all of you!" She ran off, hurriedly wiping tears from her eyes."Giles....Please be safe."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Giles groaned and woke up. He was tied to a beam, in what seemed to be an abandoned tavern. Abandoned, that is, except for the guards at the door, two Sai who kept their spears leveled at him.

The leader, Luggra, carefully lead in a woman, smiling."It's fine dear, I promise. Just a quick check for me, please? A mother knows these things." The woman just nodded, seeming desolate and resigned.

Giles watched them curiously, feeling a few gears click in his head. Perhaps....but that didn't make sense. It was so long ago now that....surely they'd be dead!

The woman walked forward and kneeled, brushing back Giles' hair. She looked at him intently. She put her hands on the side of his head, focusing intently. He shifted as much as he could with the bonds, uncomfortable under her gaze. Suddenly, she broke down in tears, hugging him.

Luggra walked over and nodded."Go ahead dear, that's all, we had to be sure."

She sobbed as she was lead off."It's him! It's him! It's really him Lug!"

Luggra smiled down at Giles."My....this is splendid! Much better than I was hoping for. I really should introduce myself. My name is Chief Luggra Gren, the leader of the Sai....future king, if all goes well, so soon it'll go from Chief to Sire. But you, m'boy, may call me-"

Giles looked up, face paling as he finally realized why this man looked familiar. It was a near perfect reflection of his own face that he saw.

"Father."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

180K 7.1K 29
""SIT THERE AND TAKE IT LIKE A GOOD GIRL"" YOU,DIRTY,DIRTY GIRL ,I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE BOOK๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒš
16.5K 705 8
Oc female Jackson x Hermes x Apollo x Ares
46K 3K 17
Till yesterday she was marring her brother's friend but suddenly ended up marring his college owner and a cold hearted person
86K 2.4K 26
"๐œ๐š๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ข'๐ฏ๐ž ๐ก๐š๐ ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ , ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ง๐จ ๐จ๐ง๐ž'๐ฌ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž๐ง๐ข๐ง๐ , ๐š๐ง๐...