Going for Glory ;; An Amoursh...

By TheNameIsMark

After travelling back to Kanto from a long holiday with his Mom, Ash finds all of his friends in the Kanto re... More

Chapter 1 - Something Ends, Something Begins!
Chapter 2 - Meeting Old Friends!
Chapter 3 - Preparing To Battle!
Chapter 4 - Tournament Training
Chapter 5 - Serena vs Miette
Chapter 6 - Surrounded By Shadows
Chapter 7 - Mystery With Miette
Chapter 8 - Read Like A Book
Chapter 9 - Final Day
Chapter 10 - Let The Games Begin!
Chapter 11 - The Games Continue
Chapter 12 - Cilan & Gary vs The Twins!
Chapter 13 - The Broken Kiss!
Chapter 14 - Cilan's Fighting Spirit
Chapter 15 - Living In The Shadows
Chapter 16 - Post-Round Questions
Chapter 17 - Round Two! Electric vs Dark!
Chapter 18 - Round Two Reaction
Chapter 19 - Confiding In Friends
Chapter 20 - Serena's Strong Heart
Chapter 21 - Round Three Begins; Cheap Tactics!
Chapter 22 - Round Three! Dead-End
Chapter 23 - The Final Stretch
Chapter 24 - A Day Of Rest or Fun?
Chapter 25 - A Dark Turn Of Events
Chapter 26 - Round Four! The Lucky Number?
Chapter 27 - The Dark Plan
Chapter 28 - The Fight of His Life
Chapter 29 - Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 30 - A Feisty Rematch!
Chapter 31 - Final Sixty-Four!
Chapter 32 - Ash-Greninja
Chapter 33 - Five Minutes
Chapter 34 - Gary vs Cilan!
Chapter 35 - May's Nightmare
Chapter 36 - Best Laid Plans
Chapter 37 - The Quest For Zekrom
Chapter 38 - A Day At The Beach
Chapter 39 - The Battles Continue!
Chapter 40 - Darkness Falls
Chapter 41 - Flawless Victory?
Chapter 42 - Love...Pentagon?
Chapter 43 - Tournament Turmoil
Chapter 44 - As Long As I Have You
Chapter 45 - Miette's Mission
Chapter 46 - Love and Leadership
Chapter 47 - Darkness Prevails
Chapter 48 - Madness and Violence
Chapter 49 - Lance & Iris vs Zekrom
Chapter 51 - A Mega-Evolved Frenzy
Chapter 52 - A Mega-Evolved Stand-off
Chapter 53 - Mental Strength
Chapter 54 - Gaining Ground
Chapter 55 - An Emotional Battle
Chapter 56 - The Sacrifice
Chapter 57 - Fighting For Love
Chapter 58 - Try Not To Lose Yourself
Chapter 59 - Picking up the Pieces
Chapter 60 - The End Of Another Journey

Chapter 50 - Illumination

2.6K 85 77
By TheNameIsMark

With Ash still resting and with May still unconscious, it was up to the others to continue fighting. Even without the two, Team Shadow were outnumbered,  but their power was still incredible. 

"Pansage, bullet seed!" Cilan was shouting over the roars of the battles around him.

"Greninja, dodge it and use water pulse" Tristan, who was Cilan's opponent watched as his Greninja executed a swift dodge, before hitting Pansage with a quick orb of water.

But, Cilan wasn't alone. 

"Heliolisk, use dragon tail!" Clemont, who was on the opposite side to Cilan, pushed his glasses up with confidence. Heliolisk leapt into the air, swiftly dropping onto Greninja, his tail surrounded in a deep purple aura. Heliolisk slammed his tail down onto Greninja, causing Tristan's Pokemon to back up. 

"Umbreon, shadow ball" Parker was overwhelming Misty, who had gone outside with Cynthia to join the fight, but even she had a partner to aid her.

"Electivire use protect and cover Staryu!" Gary reacted as quick as a flash and so did his Pokemon, stepping infront of Staryu and creating a shield large enough to absorb the shadow ball with ease.

"Thanks" Misty said while focusing on their opponent.

"Save that for when we foil their plans" Gary suggested, knowing it was the right thing to say.

"You fools think you can win?" Elizabeth taunted, her Greninja still standing strong. 

Dawn and Miette both gritted their teeth in frustration. 

"We don't think we can win" Dawn replied adamantly.

"We KNOW we can win" Miette finished, adding a scowl. "Slurpuff, energy ball!"

"Piplup, ice beam!"

Slurpuff summoned three balls of energy from the ground, firing them off in different directions. Piplup knew exactly what Dawn was trying to do and accurately shot the beams of ice at each ball of energy, causing them to freeze over. The combination of moves rained down on Greninja, who struggled to fend them off.

"Hmmph" Elizabeth wasn't impressed, she folded her arms and carefully studied her opponents. 

Brock was struggling with his opponent, Jeremy, since he had brought out his Mega Tyranitar. Steelix was managing to hold his own, but it was tough work.

"Tyranitar, fire blast" Jeremy called out to his Tyranitar, who conjured up a large flame, the fire shooting off in different directions, before enclosing around Brock's Steelix. 

"A distraction!" Cynthia, who appeared out of nowhere, threw her pokeball and Garchomp came out of it. "Garchomp brick break!"

"Wha-?" Jeremy almost jumped at the champions voice, Garchomp's claw glowing in a white aura. Garchomp dashed forward at the mega-evolved Tyranitar, smashing its claw onto Jeremy's Pokemon with a huge amount of power. 

"Huh?" Brock looked up confused, while checking Steelix was ok from the super effective move.

"Everyone needs a partner in this fight" Cynthia settled Brock's nerves. "Lets focus on the task before things get out of hand. This is a job for all of us now"

"Mhm" Brock nodded with determination. "Ready Steelix?"

Steelix never looked more ready in his life. 

"Is anyone going to help me?" Alder asked, squaring off against Jake, his Mega Absol waiting to battle, carefully watching Alder's Bouffalant. 

"Double team" Jake started off the fight, trying to confuse Bouffalant, but it was just as composed as Alder, his arms folded as he waited patiently for a real attack. "Absol, flamethrower"

The speed of Jake's Mega Absol took Alder by surprise. The flame shot out of its mouth with so much force that Bouffalant was sent backwards, but still took the hit without much damage.

"Looks like my assistance won't be arriving for a short time" Alder concluded, turning to Bouffalant. "You ready?" he stroked his Pokemon's fur and then turned back to Jake.

While all of the battles ensued, Ash had decided to get up. It was almost like he was sensing something and Serena was worried as he ambled lazily to the crater in the building. 

"What's wrong Ash?" she asked him as he stopped to peer outside.

"Sceptile and Pikachu. They're here" was all he said, before hopping over the debris and sprinting outside, straight through the middle of the firefight that was going on.

However, Ash was right. Sceptile and Pikachu seemed okay, having rested up well. 

"I am glad you find your own way back" Ash laughed as Pikachu ran around on his shoulder. "But, we need to focus on the fight. Sceptile, use leaf storm on Alder's Bouffalant"

Alder, who was close by heard Ash and turned with a raised eyebrow. Sceptile also doubted Ash's sanity, but complied anyway, sending a huge leaf storm at Alder's Bouffalant. The move connected, doing what seemed to be a small amount of damage, when Alder realized what was going on.

"I guess you was taking notes back then kid" Alder smirked. "Boufallant, head charge!" 

Bouffalant charged at the Mega Absol, its afro glowing red in colour. One specific section changed to a yellow colour, Bouffalant using the yellow part, crashed into Absol. With Bouffalant's ability being sap sipper, Sceptile's move had infact caused Bouffalant's power to increase, being a good match for the Mega Absol. 

"Pikachu, electro ball!" Ash watched Pikachu, who was now well rested and full of energy leap into the air, the ball of electricity forming at the tip of his tail. Pikachu span and then launched the ball at Jake's Absol, the electro ball smashing into Absol, causing it too drop momentarily. 

"You won't ruin our plans, Absol, flamethrower once more!" Jake continued to fight, but even he knew this fight was over.

"Sceptile, leaf storm on Bouffalant" Ash repeated, increasing Bouffalant's power again.

"Bouffalant, head charge" Alder continued with the strategy, his Bouffalant charging once more at Absol.

"Pikachu, quick attack!" Ash decided, allowing Pikachu to dash side to side with incredible pace, hitting the Mega Absol. The quick attack didn't really do much, but it left a weak spot for Alder's Bouffalant to smash into with head charge, causing Jake's Pokemon to be the first to faint within the battlefield. 

"No matter, Greninja, I choose you!" Jake continued, but Alder almost laughed mockingly.

"You're fighting a losing battle, kid" he peered over at Ash and then back at Jake and his Greninja. 

"You see, Jake. Shadows form around the light that illuminates the Earth" Ash's philosophical words hit Jake like a bullet in a gun. "But, what if there is too much light for the shadows to form, how to they cope then?"

"What's your point?" Jake recovered, biting back.

"I am saying that we are illuminating your shadow, driving back the darkness and letting the light takeover once again, putting everything back to how it was. Do you remember the tournament? The dreams you destroyed by choosing that moment to carry out your plan? The effort that people put into the tournament, gone in the blink of an eye. This is why the light is stronger. We will make your effort disappear"

"A little deep kid" Alder laughed, casually slapping Ash on the shoulder.

Ash ignored Alder and stared into Jake's eyes with hatred, something Ash had never done before in his life, his fists clenched angrily. 

"You just might want to close your eyes, because the people that cower in the darkness are not used to the light" Ash finished, relaxing his fists. 

"Watch out!" Alder didn't have time to react, he warned Ash before it was too late.

"Darkrai, dark pulse" The Boss commanded, a hint of nostalgia causing Ash's head to throb in pain. 

The dark pulse slowly made its way to Ash and his two Pokemon, the speed making it seem like Ash was going to get hurt again. 

"Sylveon, protect" Serena's voice half scared Ash to death, Sylveon leaping infront of him, her shield absorbing the damage of the dark pulse. This caused The Boss to scowl in anger.

"Serena?" Ash was almost lost for words.

"Ash" she didn't turn around, she reached for his hand and clenched it tightly. "I hate seeing you get hurt. This time, I promise you won't be hurt. We will get through this together, with our friends, without anyone getting hurt at all"

Ash nodded to her, not saying anything. But, Serena knew what his reaction would be regardless, because she understood him too well. Ash was always optimistic. I love you. She thought, spinning around Ash, releasing his hand.

"I'll help Alder" she knew his name, which surprised Ash for a moment. "You take out their Boss!"

"HEY ASH!" Gary shouted from over 50 yards away, across the other side of the field. Ash turned, seeing Gary with two stones in his hand. "CATCH!"

Gary hurled the first stone with all of his might. It floated in the air, Team Shadows Boss watching with interest as Ash caught it safely. As soon as he unwrapped his hand from the stone, Ash knew what it was. 

He quickly buried it in Sceptile's tail and put his hand on the grass Pokemon. "You have to believe in our bond, Sceptile. You are the only Pokemon that can stop Darkrai, I believe in you" 

The next stone came floating down into Ash's hand. He caught it swiftly and then held it out. 

"Sceptile, MEGA-EVOLVE!" Ash shouted out, his voice echoing around the field. Sceptile became surrounded in a bright light and slowly started to change. 

The fight was well under way, with everyone going all out to stop Team Shadow.

But, Team Shadow wasn't going all out. They still had a last resort trump card up their sleeve, waiting to be activated. 

No one else knew that it would become the greatest threat in the fight.

Even greater than the legendary Pokemon Zekrom at their disposal.

----

Somehow I managed to write this while feeling super ill, so I am sorry for any mistakes. If there are any (spelling, punctuation or even Pokemon moves (moves that are not effective) then tell me.

Have a nice day!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.8K 753 39
The voice told her. Told Serena she must prevent the world's crisis. Collect the Stone Fragments. Summon the Beginning, destroy the End- Primia, and...
59.1K 1K 28
1: Bonds of Amour The Kalos Region, also known as The Region of Love. One day, Ash was finishing his adventure through Unova, and the next, he finds...
1M 21.2K 67
5 years after Ash's death, the ultimate Pokémon tournament is being held. All the best trainers are competing in it. A mystery masked trainer suddenl...
67.4K 973 13
What if... two best friends... stuck in each other's body Ash and Serena have been best friends since childhood. They sure that they know each other'...