That Green Eyed Boy

By NotEloquent

When summer vacation starts, Tessa Richards expects beach time, tan time, and boyfriend time. But when her bo... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five**Parker's POV**
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven**Parker's POV**
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen**Parker's POV**
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six **Parker's POV**
Chapter Twenty Seven **Parker's POV**
Chapter Twenty Eight
Ten Years Later
Last Words

Chapter Four

6.8K 206 17
By NotEloquent

A/N

Ok I really enjoyed writing this chapter, I thought it was super cute and I hope you guys think so too!

-Leah<3

*************

Chapter Four

My movie marathon was over and I never felt so unaccomplished before. Or so fat. I seriously ate maybe ten pounds of popcorn and five liters of soda. Not too healthy but oh well. Since it was dark out I thought I'd go lay down and read a book. I grabbed "Jane Eyre" and went upstairs after turning off all the lights. I changed into Richmond High Volleyball sweatpants and a red tank top, turned my lights off, and grabbed my book light to read. As I was getting into bed I heard a soft tapping noise. I thought I'd imagined it so I didn't think much of it, then I heard it again and again. I groaned loudly then went to the source of the noise: Parker throwing little pebbles at my window.

"What do you think you're doing, Rivers?" I glared at him. All he did was grin like a child on Christmas morning.

The bastard.

"Come down!" He whisper-yelled.

"Why? I'm getting warm and cozy in here and you just have to ruin it?" I said back. Even if it was a bit thrilling having him do the cliché movie thing with the pebbles I was enjoying Mr. Rochester giving Jane a hard time in my book. Oh that man.

"Because I said so, that's why. Most girls would have their panties drop at the sight of me under their window at night. Now come on, Richards! Oh, dress in something warm." Then he walked away most likely towards my front door. I then closed my window and changed into some black and gray, tribal-print leggings, a gray sweater, pink scarf and matching pink Uggs. Seemed warm enough for me. I threw my hair up into a bun on too of my head and grabbed my bag, rushing downstairs to meet Parker.

I opened my door and saw him standing there, still grinning. "Hi." I said lamely.

His eyes hungrily scanned my body from head to toe and I suddenly felt self conscious. Maybe I should change. "I'm just gonna go change." I went to turn around but felt a large, warm hand on my arm stopping my movements.

"No that's fine. Believe me. It's so fine." I felt there were two meanings to that sentence but let it slide, letting him think what he wants. While he was still checking me out I decided to do the same. His gorgeous hazel-green eyes illuminated into a more green color in the moonlight. I'd always loved his eyes and how his dark hair made them pop even more. He was wearing his leather jacket, a fitted black shirt with some dark, expensive looking, blue jeans with black Vans. I wouldn't be surprised if his outfit was expensive in all, his dad was the CEO at Jamba Juice and his mom was the head surgeon at the local hospital. She was known worldwide for her work in fact, especially when she went to India for a whole year to treat orphaned children and other sick people. His mom was a saint.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." Parker winked. I rolled my eyes at his unoriginal remark.

"So why did you have to take me to this unknown place at 10 o'clock at night? To murder me? Pretty sure that's frowned upon in these parts, Mr. Rivers." Now it was my turn to wink.

"No. Actually it was so we could go streaking downtown and rob mini-marts. Duh." He said it so seriously I could've believed him, but I didn't.

"Yeah, ok. Lets get right on that." I laughed. "Now where are you actually taking me?"

"It's a surprised. Now get on my bike." He got on, expecting me to follow suit. He called it a bike, I called it a death machine on wheels. I glared at him for not the first time tonight.

"Aha. No. We can just take my car." He started his engine.

"Sorry! But it seems I already started this! Get on, Tessie." I sighed, rolled my eyes, and got on. He passed me his helmet and I put it on, letting my bun out so it wouldn't be uncomfortable. "You may want to hold on to my torso, so you don't fall off." I could legitimately hear the smirk in his voice but held on anyways since I don't have a death wish, but closed my eyes. I could feel his strong, firm stomach underneath his arms and felt them flex each time he turned onto a different road.

I finally decided to open my eyes finally since I was curious as to where we were going. I understood why he likes riding his bike more than driving a car. You feel more free when you're on a motorcycle, at least I did. It was a new sensation that I felt as the wind blew onto my face. I loved it.

"Are you okay back there?" I heard Parker yell over the roar of the engine.

"Never better!" I yelled back, and I genuinely meant it. I grinned and felt him shake, assuming he was laughing.

About ten minutes later we arrived at our destination: the beginning of a dark forest.

"You really are going to murder me, aren't you?" I said, only half joking. Now I was a little worried.

He laughed. "No I'm not. I want to show you something. Come on." He grabbed my hand and a tingling sensation went through my arm. Weird. He led me through the dark woods silently besides the occasional warning of a log or some other obstacle. It wasn't a bad silence, it was actually comfortable. I heard grasshoppers and sometimes a frog croak in the distance.

The forest smelt amazing. So....clean? I guess you could say that considering I've lived in the city my whole life. It was just so nice to smell, so natural.

"We're almost there." Parker informed me. I nodded my head only to remember he couldn't see me.

"Okay. Great because I'm getting a little tired and its no fun if your victim is sleepy, huh, Parker?"

He chuckled. "Well of course not, shorty. The chase and struggle is the best part." We both laughed in unison. I was glad to joke with him again. I missed that. "Okay right through these bushes and we'll be there."

I heard rushing water and as I walked through the bushes I walked into a beautiful scene.

There was a waterfall about 50 stories tall falling into a small watering hole. The hole had a rope swing tied to a tree above it. A sandy beach led to the water and I walked down, removing my boots to put my feet in the water. It was cold at first but I got used to it quickly. I laid down and looked at the moon and stars. "It's beautiful, isn't it?" I almost forgot Parker was behind me. Soon I felt him lay next to me, his left arm barely grazing the fabric of my sweater on my right arm. Music started playing, I assumed from his phone. It was "Two is better than one" by Boys Like Girls. I loved this song.

"It is." I said in agreement. "How did you even find this place?" I asked, insanely curious as to how he found such a gorgeous piece of land.

"Well one day I got really angry so I just drove for about forty-five minutes and realized I wasn't in the city anymore. I stopped on the side of the road and saw a narrow pathway leading in here, even though the path looked like it hasn't been used in years. I just followed it and ended up here. I think I stripped and used the rope swing. Just letting out all my stress and swam around until I got tired, then I noticed that behind the waterfall was a small cave so I climbed the rocks then went in. I just chilled for a little while more until it started getting dark. When I left I felt much better and all my anger was gone. I drive home and I've come here several times after, though you are the first person I've brought here." I took his hand in mine. I'm not sure why but it just felt like the right thing to do in that moment.

"Why were you angry?" I asked. He took a few moments before answering.

"I don't know." Obviously he didn't want to talk about it so I just let it go.

"Hey, remember when we placed the whoopie cushion full of pudding under Mrs. Jackson's seat in third grade?" I just remembered. We always played impractical jokes on whoever we wanted when we were little.

"Oh yeah! The pudding stained that area of the carpet and the noise was ten times better. Or remember when we sprayed Trevor with food coloring mixed with water in our super soakers when he came home from school one day and wouldn't let us play Xbox?"

"He was wearing a white shirt, too!" I laughed hysterically with him. "Or when we filled your dad's office with fruit flies in eighth grade because I couldn't go camping with you guys and we were so mad!" I kept laughing but he stopped.

"Dad left." I stopped laughing instantly.

"W-what?" I stuttered. Why would he leave?

"Yup. Megan had to go with him to a 'bring your child to work day' with him and she left to use the restroom. She got back to his office and found him kissing his secretary. Megan called kissing punching back then, she was only three, and when she got home she screamed 'Daddy was punching a girl at work!' but we knew she meant kissing. Mom told him to get out and he did. Didn't even out up a fight, that stupid dick. He left the next week. He pays alimony and child support and all that but he left. He left and hasn't kept in touch. That was about three years ago and I still haven't talked to him. He just sends the checks with a letter saying he hopes all is well with Meg and I." I looked over to see a tear on his face. I sat up and wiped it away.

"Hey. Hey, it's okay. He did what he thought was right. I mean have you tried talking to him?" I didn't mean to sound like I was defending him but Parker's grip got noticeably harder on my hand and I didn't want him to hate his own father.

"Well, well no..."

"Maybe you should try. Even try seeing him, and bring Megan. I bet he just thinks you hate him and he didn't want to face the rejection." I ft Parker squeeze my hand.

"You're right. You're always right, Tessie." I chuckled.

"I know." I said arrogantly back.

He sat up, bringing me with him. "Dance with me." He turned the music up on his phone, now playing "Halo" by Beyonce, and put one hand on my waist, the other still in my hand. I put my free hand on his shoulder as we spun slowly in a circle. He was humming along and looking me in the eyes. He pulled me closer every step so now I was up against him.

I looked at the surrounding behind his back and enjoyed it. His soothing humming and the beautiful surroundings made me feel so peaceful. He actually had a good voice. It was smooth and lovely.

"You have an amazing voice." I whispered to him.

"Thanks but not as lovely as yours, well at least yours used to be." He said softly, his mouth right by my ear. I giggled at his response. Wait, giggle? Why did I giggle? Only silly school girls giggle. Weird.

"Why did we stop talking, Parker? I've missed you these past few years." I whispered so softly, praying he couldn't hear. My prayers weren't answered.

"Because you went Ms. Volleyball Captain on me and I stayed as a loner. You were my best friend and I've missed you too." He said it just as soft as me.

"I'm sorry I left you." I snuggled more into him.

"You never did." Before I could ask what he meant by that we sprung apart at the sound of a rock falling into the water and voices in the distance. Obviously Parker wasn't the only one that knew about this place. He cleared his throat. "We should go." I nodded and put my boots on as he pocketed his phone. He grabbed my hand but only to lead me back to the road and into his motorcycle.

He started the engine and I grabbed onto his torso again. "Are you hungry?" He asked.

"A little!" Was my answer. He pulled into McDonald's and turned off his bike. I threw my hair into a bun again since it was no doubt a mess and walked inside with Parker.

"Welcome to McDonald's, how can I help you tonight?" The small, perky cashier asked. I thought she seemed way too nice to be working in a shithole place like this at 11 at night. She was checking out Parker, big time. She smiled flirtatiously. Ugh.

"Yeah, I'll have a Big Mac with a vanilla shake and fries and she will have the same but with a chocolate shake and we will have a ten piece nugget meal with sweet and sour sauce to share. Right?" He glanced at me. I smiled and nodded my head, astounded that he remembered what I liked to order.

The cashier glared at me. What did I do wrong?! "That'll be $13.59 and you're order number is 13. It'll be out momentarily."

"Thanks." Parker winked at her and I scoffed then turned around to look for a seat.

"How did you remember after all these years?" I asked him.

"I've never really forgotten much about you, Tessie." He mumbled. Was he blushing?! He so was. I smiled and only said oh to that.

"13. Number 13 your food is ready." I got up to go get it but he stopped me and said he'd get it. I watched him go up to the counter and before he turned around the stupid cashier wrote something on a napkin and have it to him, she was smiling and blushing and so ugh. Parker put the napkin in his pocket and turned around, showing no sign of what happened.

He gave me my food and I immediately dug in. This was the first meal I'd actually had the whole day. Even though fast-food is bad for you it is delicious. I moaned in happiness with food in my mouth. Parker only laughed. When we were done he three the food away and we left but not before Parker said bye and winked at the cashier. I rolled my eyes in disgust. That stupid player.

We got into the bike, the ride home was silent.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

When we got back to my house it was almost midnight but I still wasn't tired.

"So you wanna come in?" I asked, hoping he'd say yes.

He shrugged. "Sure." I smiled.

"We could order a movie on pay per view or play Xbox or something." I told him

"Ok, time to kick your ass at Call of Duty!" He said enthusiastically. I laughed and started it all up. When I turned around I saw Ty standing and glaring by Parker. I jumped.

"Ty! What are you doing in my house? How'd you even get in?!" I exclaimed. He stopped glaring at Parker to respond.

"Well I know you put the spare key on too of the door frame so when nobody answered I let myself in. I just got here actually."

"Why didn't you text me or something? I would've came back quicker." He shrugged.

"I just got here and I did text you because I was bored. You never responded."

"Oh. Well Parker and I were about to play Call of Duty. Wanna join?" He shrugged and nodded.

"Ok. I'll set up three controllers then." We started playing and in all Parker kicked our asses. The good thing was I was having a lot of fun and Ty hasn't ripped Parker's head off. I wonder why he'd acted that way. I'd have to ask him about it some day.

"Ok I get it Parker. You are the C.O.D overlord but I'm tired so both of you shoo!" I started shoving them towards the door. I hugged Ty good bye and he left. Parker stayed until he was gone for sure, though.

"Everything okay, Rivers?" I questioned.

He seemed like he was hesitant to say something but I guess he decided against it. "Yeah. Yeah everything is fine. Bye, Tessa."

"Bye. Oh wait!" I hugged him tightly. "Thank you so much for tonight. It was wonderful." He rubbed my back.

"Anytime, shorty. I'll take you there during the day and we can go swimming."

"I'd like that. Bye, Parker."

"Bye, Tess." We let go and I watched him walk his bike over next door and shut the door.

I went back upstairs and changed into what I was wearing before Parker rudely interrupted me. I looked over and saw him wearing only his boxers. I admired his muscles since he was paying attention to his phone and not me. The way he muscles were nicely fit and the way the deep incisions of v's on his waist made me shiver. I got into bed and began reading again. I saw his light go off in the corner of my eye.

I went over the events of the night, hardly paying attention to my book, and I smiled at the memories. I never realized how much I missed Parker over the years. He was such an honest loyal friend. One of the best. I was sad at first when we drifted apart but ten I got popular and started dating Jake and all that and forgot about him. Now he's back in my life and that made me extremely happy.

I drifted to sleep with my book still open. I dreamt of waterfalls and gorgeous hazel-green eyes that night.

************

So what did you think?! This is my favorite chapter so far and I think longest. I tried to make it longer so hopefully I suceeded!! I say Alexandra Daddario as Emma. If Alex had black hair she'd be perfect for Emma!!

Vote, comment, fan!:)

-Leah<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

259K 10.1K 44
#3 love- Wed, 3 Apr (2024) #1 yanderefanfic- Thu, 8 Feb (2024) #1 insanity- Sun, 28 Jan (2024) #1 obsessed - Thu, 15 Jun (2023) #3 crazy- Sun, 9 Jul...
64K 1K 41
*FEATURED ON WATTPAD TEEN FICTION & WATTPAD ROMANCE* When a contract that her brother made keeps Katie from dating his best friend, she has to find a...
743K 23.7K 68
HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 in teenagegirl #3 in anxiety Maddie Rossi is only 13, and has known nothing but pain and heartbreak her entire life. Only a shel...
16.6K 649 8
"I didn't expect you, but I'm glad that I didn't. The best things are always unexpected."