The Angelic Devil

By TheAwesomeKalk

Angel was born in the darkness, she was raised by it, and now she was working for it. She has finally gone o... More

The Angelic Devil
The Phoenix
New Friends
Killers Kill
The Date
The Angelic Dress
The Beginning Of The Ball
The Burn
Improvement
A Good Night's Sleep
Possible Doom
The End

The Protective Eye

49 1 2
By TheAwesomeKalk

Chapter 6

"You want me to what?!"

I had just told Rachel what I wanted her to do. She hadn't taken it as bad as I thought; I actually thought that she would start crying.

"I'm serious, I need you to stay with him, it's some important business", I told her as calm as possible.

"You're seriously asking your best friend to stay with a fucking mental policeman!?"

I didn't say anything, and I just kept my face neutral. She was overreacting, it wouldn't have been any problem if she had actually tried to learn how to protect herself. It's her own fault.

"Aren't you going to tell me what fucking business it is?"

Once again I stayed silent. I wasn't going to tell her the truth. But what was I going to tell her? I doubt that she would agree to help me if I just sat there. I couldn't force her either, could I?

Why not? You could easily use a bit of magic and make her obey everything you say. Then maybe she would actually do something right.

My body stiffened and I grabbed the corners of the chair I was sitting on. Those words weren't coming from my mind; they were placed in my head. My hold of the chair hardened as I realised that my mind had been infiltrated, not because I was scared, but because I had let my guard down.

"Well?" Rachel tried one more time.

"Can we speak about this tomorrow?" I asked her while she gave me a questioning look. "My head hurts a bit."

"Sure. Then maybe you can think about your so called 'idea'", Rachel told me before she stood up quickly, and she almost tripped over.

After regaining her balance, she threw a last glance at me before she quickly walked over to my door, grabbed her bag on the way before she hurried out.

I was happy that she decided to leave; I hadn't been alone for days. I needed my own time to think, and I needed to contact my boss.

I locked the door before I walked to the bookshelf in the living room. Standing in front of it, I pulled out the three different books and put them down next to me before I grabbed the corner of the shelf and once again opened it as a door. I entered the dark and cold room as I closed the bookshelf behind me.

I started off with lighting up the candles that were placed by the five corners of the star that was painted onto the cold stone floor. When all the five candles were lit I sat down in the middle of the star.

I broke the silence when I whispered the familiar words, "Ignitionem luminum."

All the other candles on the tables along the walls and the candles that were placed on the floor lit up and I softly closed my eyes.

"Good day, Angel."

"Good day, Sir."

"What do you have in mind, dear Angel?" My boss asked.

I thought about the important things I wanted to bring up. The voice in my head, Phoenix being attacked and of course, the eye.

"Sir, I know this may sound strange. But I have an eye on my shoulder", I told him.

"On your shoulder? That explains a few things", my boss began. "We put that eye on you."

"Why?"

"That eye will protect you, from other demons and it gives you an upper hand when you're going to fight against the Phoenix", he said. "Think of the eye as a companion, it will follow you everywhere, and help you if you end up in trouble."

I sat there silent for a moment, thinking of what I've just learnt.

The eye was the reason that I heard a voice in my head. I remember that I had read about them long ago, but they were usually placed on your head, under your hair. This was so that the person placing it on you would be able to read your thoughts, memories and see what you're seeing. But for that to happen it must be close to the brain.

"Sir, why did it end up on my shoulder?"

"We don't know. That can happen on a few rare creatures, but that also affects its power. The only thing we can see with it is if you're alive or not. But you will be able to use its power as normally."

"I understand, sir."

"Was there something else?"

"There was one more thing. The Phoenix, he was attacked", I told him.

"By whom?"

"He implied that it was the Antichrist", I said.

Once again there was a silence. I didn't know what to say or do; I just sat there, waiting for a response.

"I see", my boss answered, surprisingly calm. "You don't need to think about that."

"Sir! I-"

"You have bigger things to focus on!" He exclaimed, raising his voice in anger.

"Yes sir."

"I want you to listen Angel. Focus on The Phoenix, only him. Then we can speak about these other things", he said, calming down.

"Yes sir."

"Now, was there anything else?"

"No sir."

"Then let us end the conversation here. Goodbye Angel."

"Goodbye sir."

I felt a strong wind before I opened my eyes again. The candles were once again blown out and I was surrounded in the darkness of the room, before my eyes adjusted to the dark.

I stood up, and left the room, closing the bookshelf behind me.

I walked over to the mirror, turning my back against it before I pulled my right sleeve down to look at the closed eye. It was a big eye, maybe as big as a fist. I put my fingers on it and realised that it felt a bit warmer than the rest of my body.

As I removed my hand, the eye opened and looked at me through the mirror, blinking a few times. I stared back at it. Think of the eye as a companion, it will follow you everywhere, and help you if you end up in trouble.

"So you're supposed to help me?" I asked out loud.

Yes, I am indeed supposed to help you through your journey.

"Aren't you afraid that you might die?"

I cannot die; I can only fall back to the underworld. You on the other hand need all the help you can get.

I felt slightly insulted, but decided to ignored it.

"Are you just going to sit on my shoulder?"

I intend to, yes.

"I've heard a bit of the eyes. Aren't they usually animals?" I asked.

They can indeed be animals. But that is usually if the owner has the mark in the face, and they need to hide it. When the animal is created, the mark disappears.

"Why an animal?" I asked, with my curiosity growing.

We are originally animals on earth before we die.

"What animal were you?"

A crow.

"Don't you miss it? Flying around?"

Sometimes yes. But shall we not save the questions for another time and go back to our work?

I nodded silently, so I pulled my sleeve up after I saw the eye close again. I checked myself in the mirror before I walked back into the living room again.

I grabbed my phone and dialed Rachel's number. She picked up almost immediately.

"Angel?"

"Hi Rachel, I was wondering if we could meet?" I asked her.

"Have you thought about your idea?" She asked suspiciously.

 "Yes, I have and I agree with you. I don't want you to get hurt."

What are you doing?

"Great! Do you want me to come over?"

"If you want to", I said, ignoring the voice in my head.

"I'll be there in five, maybe less. I'm already in my car."

"See you in two then", I said before I hung up, putting the phone down.

I hurried to my room, grabbing a small bottle with a light purple liquid in it. I turned around and almost stepped at my pile of books when I saw a book that I had never seen before.

I picked it up and saw that the cover had an eye on it, similar to the one I had on my shoulder. The protective eyes.

I thanked my boss in my head before I put the book on my bed. Then I hurried out of the bedroom door and into the kitchen.

I started to brew some coffee before I grabbed two cups one of the saying I'm the best, which was Rachel's favourite cup. I the poured the purple liquid from the small bottle into Rachel's cup before I added coffee, then pouring tea for myself. The minute the coffee was done, I heard a knock on the door.

I walked over to the door and quickly opened it.

"Hi Angel! Oh god it's been like what? Two hours? I was starting to give up on you!" She said hugging me like we hadn't met in years.

"Heh, that's me! Always making people wait."

"That's not true... Is that coffee?" Rachel asked sniffing in the air.

"Yeah, it's in the kitchen."

I had barely ended my sentence before Rachel hurried off into the kitchen.

I closed the door and walked over to the kitchen, watching Rachel drink the coffee before she stopped, sniffed it and then went back to drinking it.

I grabbed my cup of tea, taking small sips from it while I was leaning onto the counter. When Rachel finished the coffee, she put down the cup in the sink.

"Rough day?" I asked smiling at her.

"You could say that", she said smiling, but the smile looked much weaker than it usually was.

"Now Rachel, I want you to do something", I said, putting my cup down on the counter.

Rachel looked at me with a questioning look, obviously trying to read my face, but I made sure she didn't find any clues.

"You are going to stay with Blake Phoenix. Find out every secret he got, and report them all to me. You are going to answer every question I ask, with nothing else but the truth. You are also going to accept the fact that I'm not going to tell you more than I want to."

Rachel's eyes went blank, and they started to glow in a light green colour; a bit lighter than her natural ones. She stood there with glowing eyes for a few seconds before her eyes stopped glowing, and she looked back up at me.

"I understand", she answered.

Brilliant. You used the Oboedire liquid.

"Good", I said to Rachel. "You should go home, rest, you look tired."

"Yeah, I'm pretty tired. But will you go shopping with me tomorrow?" Rachel asked.

"Why?"

"I must shop for the masquerade party!" Rachel responded happily.

"What masquerade?"

"The one Blake's hosting. It's going to be huge!"

"Blake is hosting a masquerade party? I'll be there, and I'll go shopping with you."

"Great! See you tomorrow then!" Rachel said before she hurried out of my apartment.

A masquerade?

"What do you think we should go as?"

I think you know what I'm thinking.

_________________________________________________

Thanks for reading! Support the story with votes and comments and I will see you on the next chapter than I'm almost done with it! So it will definitely be up sooner!

Have a nice day, my dear readers.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

534 4 56
Kykuna's family got into an accident that would change her life forever. Ky becomes close with people she believed she would never speak to, hate peo...
48.1K 3.6K 126
Damien is now enjoying his new life in another world after going through some trial and errors like being a wanted criminal and being hunted down by...
349K 7.1K 30
Aurora a seventeen year old girl filled with innocence. Damien a seventeen year old known as the town's 'Badboy'. She was like an angel. He was just...
378 0 19
"This way," Damien said. He led me outback and into the woods a little where the dream of my mom came back into my mind, but when Damien started to t...