Love you 'Til Death?

By apathetic_Remorse

Scarlett is in love, well atleast she thinks she's inlove with Cole, the perfect guy. Is he really perfect? i... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36

Chapter 8

22.2K 348 78
By apathetic_Remorse

******

 “Second chances

They don’t ever matter

People never change

Once a whore

You’re nothing more

Sorry honey

But that will never change”

*******

Chapter 8

Cole cheated. That’s the only thing that has been going through my mind since I found out, that and the fact that my best friend wanted him for herself.

I haven’t spoken to her since that night, I couldn’t even bring myself to answer her calls and the constant messages she sent me every five minutes.

Cole stayed with me until Sunday morning, we didn’t sleep together or anything, in fact I couldn’t bring myself to kiss him yet.

The time we spent together however, did bring us closer, it was the first time we spent hours together just talking about ourselves, conversations that I will cherish for the rest of my life, it was like I was being intimate with him but not in a psychical way.

Believe me, I was mad, I wanted to throw my hands in the air and scream, to punch something, to get it all out of my system but that just wasn’t how I wanted to handle it.

I just wanted to understand why my best friend wanted my boyfriend, and the fact that Cole had been sleeping with the cheer-sluts when we first started going out, well that was another story, I kept telling myself that I half expected something like this to happen, I had prepared for the worst but that didn’t help the hurt I felt, the betrayal. No, he would have to earn my trust back.

My thoughts wondered back to lesson, I was in advanced English our topic for the day, Othello, which was kind of ironic seeing as how Othello killed the love of his life because he thought she betrayed him and cheated on him with his best friend, his second in command. No, I wouldn’t sink that low.

*****

The morning went by fast and before I knew it I was seated next to Matt at lunch, letting him in on the gory details of the weekend.

“He slept with the cheersluts.” I whispered to Matt. I looked at his expression, which was a mixture of amusement and irritation.

“Yeah, and with half the girls at this school.” He muttered, “Not like you didn’t know.”

“Yeah, but like the first month we started going out he slept with them again.” I said, lower this time because saying it out loud made it true and there was still a part of me, a very small part that wanted it to be dream.

“Bastard!” he practically shouted, I grabbed hold of his hand because he had somehow shot up from his sitting position and was standing, searching the room.

“What are you doing?” I hissed.

“I’m going to kill him.” Matt said, venom leaked from his controlled voice.

I sighed, “I can deal with it.” I said, convincing  him, no doubt he would want to go beat up Cole, teach him a lesson for me, that’s why I could always  rely on Matt, he was always there for me, he wouldn’t go behind my back, or betray me, or hurt me in any way he was the bestest friend any girl could ask for.

He sat down reluctantly, a frown leaving small lines of imperfection on his face.

“What are you going to do about it?” he asked after awhile.

“Nothing.”

He looked at me shocked, like he expected more out of me.

“I just don’t know what I could do, he made it clear that it was then and this is now, he gave me a whole sappy story of how he has changed and that his going to prove that he loves me and blah blah blah, and I sort of kind of believe him.” I rattled on.

“Okay” he simple said.

“That’s not all. Seems like Kylie wants to get in his pants too, she practically told him ‘I got lucky’, she threw herself at him.”

“Well we are talking about Kylie, always looking out for herself.” He mumbled.

“I just feel so betrayed.” I said.

Matt put his arm around my shoulder, pulling me in for a hug, I didn’t protest, I laid my head against his chest and slipped my arms around his waist squeezing him a little, he stroked my hair.

Matt had this ability to always make me feel better, he just felt so comfortable.

The bell rang to end lunch and I was surprised Cole didn’t show up, I didn’t really have a clue where he is, seemed that we only shared one class together and that was gym.

“I will see you in class.” Matt said getting up.

I was glad that he and I shared most our classes together, and gym was one of them with Cole and to my dismay Kylie. This was a disaster waiting to happen.

*****

I grunted to myself, dreading gym, it meant that I would have to be in the same space as Kylie.

I sneaked in to the locker room to change into my gym clothes, which consisted of shorts and an oversized tee.

 I walked out to the gym and noticed that everybody was standing around waiting for couch to give us the instructions, I saw Cole and my heart skipped a beat, he was standing next to Matt and they were having some sort of a heated discussion, both of them had a serious look on their faces.

Matt’s P.O.V

Fucking bastard! I almost ran over to Cole to give him a piece of my mind when

Scarlett told me what he had done, I could see the hurt in her eyes, see the tears she was holding back and as for Kylie, I always knew she was a bitch and it never seized to amaze me how close her and Scarlett were, but not close enough.

Stupid cow, she was so insecure, always wanting the best, always looking out for her, always trying to take the little Scarlett could get and Cole was just another conquest she wanted to add to her key chain, just like I had been.

When the bell rang ending lunch I practically ran to the gym so I could have a word with Cole.

I spotted him standing next to the bleachers; I quickly changed into my track pants and top.

“Yo dude!” I shouted as I ran over to him

“Sup.” Cole said smoothly

“What the fuck is up with you?” I said to him.

He looked at me confused and I suddenly felt the urge to punch his face in.

“Didn’t I warn you not to hurt Scarlett.” I spat out.

“Oh.” He said, standing up straight.

“Look dude, I didn’t mean to I just got scared.” He said.

“Of what?” I said, trying to control the urge to punch him, he had the most beautiful girl in the world in the palm of his hand and he got scared?

“I haven’t exactly had a girlfriend, I mean a real girlfriend, someone who I cared about.” He ran his hand through his hair, “I didn’t know what to do.”

“So fucking the whole cheer squad, seemed like a better idea to you then sticking it out?”

“Look, I did stick it out and it’s not like I am sleeping around anymore.”

“I swear to God Cole, if you hurt her again I will make sure you pay, understood?”

“Yeah.” He said, not like he would take my threat seriously because we were evenly matched.

Fuck!! I just wanted to punch him. I took in a deep breath to calm down.

I spotted Scarlett walking towards with a nervous smile on her face.

“Hi.” She said, standing in front of us looking at the floor.

Cole just nodded in her direction and walked away. I hated the way he treated her.

 She deserved so much better.

Scarlett’s P.O.V.

What did I do?

I watched as Cole walked away from us, not even taking a second look.

“What did I do?” I asked Matt.

“Nothing, his being a jackass, pms-ing or some shit.” Matt said, obviously a bit pissed off himself.

I nodded my head at him, taking a glance at Cole who was now standing with some guys that I recognised at his some of his friends.

“Okay everybody!”Couch shouted as he entered the gym room, “All the girls on one side of the gym and the guys on the next.”

We followed his instruction, Matt giving me an encouraging smile as he pushed me towards the end of the gym the girls were standing at.

“Okay spilt down the middle. The girls will play netball and the guy’s basket ball.” Couch said. I was excited to play; I loved netball and tennis, my favourite sports, even though I just knew the basics of the game.

“I will be back to check on you in a while. So you best be playing.” He shouted and walked out again, my guess is that he was going to the teachers’ lounge to take a nap.

I looked around at my team, I knew a few girls on here, I then looked at the next team, getting in their positions, and I saw Kylie laughing at something on of her team members said.

I walked to the front, a position I was comfortably in as the rest of my team took their places. My team had the first throw.

The ball came flying in my direction and I jumped up, hitting the ball with all the force I could muster, I watched the ball as it went straight for Kylies face, not that she noticed she was too busy looking at the guys, it hit her on the side of her face, making her loose her balance and she fell to the ground.

I scratched my head as all eyes were on me; I just shrugged and watched as Kylie got up, the side of her face already red.

“Who. The. Fuck. Did. That.” She screamed hysterically.

“Uh, Oops.” I said.

Her gaze fell on me, her eyes where slits, her hands bunched into fist on the side.

“What the fuck is your problem?” she screeched and all eyes turned to stare at the scene that was unfolding.

Something snapped within, I could feel myself getting angry.

 Rage took over.

“What?” I said evenly.

“Are you deaf? I asked what is your problem.”

“My problem? You’re the one who tried to sleep with my boyfriend!” I shouted, walking over to her and shoving her to the ground.

She got up quickly and shoved me back but I didn’t fall, I only slapped her in the face and then we somehow fell to the ground, hitting each other with everything we had.

I couldn’t believe I was doing something like this but I couldn’t stop, in all my schooling life I had never had a physical fight with anybody, but I guess Kylie deserved everything she got, I thought as I punched her again.

I fell two strong arms around my waist and yank me away from Kylie.

“Stupid bitch! Let me go!” I said, still wanting to take my anger out on her, struggling to get out of this persons hold.

“Calm down Scarlett.” Matt whispered into my ear.

 I immediately stopped fighting him off, I watch as everybody circled around Kylie.

Cole walked towards Matt and me, looking straight into my eyes, I got lost in his intense glare.

“What was that?” he asked me.

“I don’t know.” I said hanging my head in shame, as Matt loosened his hold on me.

“It’s okay.” Matt whispered in my ear.

“Let’s go take a walk outside so you can calm down.’ Cole said smoothly.

I looked at Matt and he nodded, “I have to stay, I’m in charge.”

He let me go and the Cole stared walking to the door.

Me following silently behind.

*****

PLEASE VOTE!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!

AND COMMENT!!!

THANK YOU FOR READING!!

VOTING+COMMENTING= LOVE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147K 2K 30
Scarlett Rosca was a normal girl with normal friends, and a normal life, until she starts tutoring her worst enemy and her Twin's best friend. After...
104 8 7
They were best friends growing up-until that summer of mistakes they couldn't fix. Now, he's the boy who never dates; she's the girl all the boys che...
328 12 10
Evie was a wild child. She was at (almost) every party, did every dare, and lived the way she wanted to. All so she could pour it into writing. She w...
73.8K 4.3K 37
Scarlett Rose doesn't know what to make out of life. All she knows for now is that she wants out. Out from her abusive parents. Out from the stress o...