RWBY: Team SHDW Volume 1 [NOT...

By TyForestWrites

Join Skyler, Hazel, Dante, and Walker as they go to Beacon Academy and... well, you know the rest. Covers Vol... More

Prologue: Skyler Yin
Chapter 1: The Shining Beacon
Chapter 2: The First Step
Chapter 3: The Emerald Forest
Chapter 4: Players and Pieces
Chapter 5: The Badge and the Burden
Chapter 6: Jaunedice
Chapter 7: Forever Fall
Chapter 8: The Stray
Chapter 9: Black and White
Chapter 10: The Best Day Ever
Chapter 11: Welcome to Beacon
Chapter 12: A Minor Hiccup
Chapter 13: Painting the Town
Chapter 14: Extracurricular
Chapter 15: Burning the Candle
Chapter 16: Dance Dance Infiltration
Chapter 17: Field Trip
Chapter 18: This One Goes to 19
Chapter 19: Breach
Chapter 20: Round 1
Chapter 21: New Challengers
Chapter 22: It's Brawl in the Family
Chapter 23: Lessons Learned
Chapter 24: Skyler & Dante vs. Edward & Elizabeth
Chapter 25: Fall
Chapter 26: Destiny
Chapter 27: PvP
Chapter 28: Battle of Beacon
Chapter 29: Heroes and Monsters
Epilogue: Off to Salem
Post Epilogue: Thinking with Portals

Chapter 30: End of the Beginning

287 5 0
By TyForestWrites

Skyler managed to make it back to the others okay, but promptly collapsed once he did. He was barely able to keep his eyes open, but he saw Velvet rush over to him and she helped him sit up.

"Thanks," Skyler said, his voice dry.

"Don't talk," Velvet said as she knelt next to him and pointed at the slash mark, "That needs to be treated."

He nodded and looked to his right. His eyes widened as he saw Yang lying there on the ground, unconscious. What was left of her right arm was wrapped in bandages.

Blake was sitting nearby Yang, chanting the same words over and over, "I'm sorry..."

Skyler scooted over next to Yang and held her hand like it was his lifeline. He looked around until he finally saw his team. Hazel was tending to some of Dante's wounds, him wincing when she applied the medicine. Walker was with Coco, keeping an eye out for Grimm. Nora and Ren were sitting on the ground, slightly injured.

Velvet came back with some gauze and wrapped it around Skyler's wound.

"Thanks Velvet," Skyler told her.

"It's the least I could do," Velvet smiled.

Blake just stared at him, "...Why did you fight him?"

Skyler turned to look at her, "Huh?"

"Adam. Why did you fight him? You should've ran."

Skyler frowned, "I wasn't leaving Yang or you behind. Plus, the guy looked about ready to torture you. Maybe worse."

"But why-"

"Does it matter?!" Skyler snapped, "I saved your life, as well as Yang's. If I got hurt, so what?! That's what being a Huntsman is all about: putting others' lives ahead of your own. Especially when it's your friends."

Blake flinched at his sudden outburst. In all of her time at Beacon, she had never seen Skyler so mad, so... broken. It was so out of character for him.

"If only I hadn't flinched..." Skyler muttered, squeezing Yang's hand, "If only I had been faster..."

"Ruby!!"

Skyler looked up and saw Ruby run over, Weiss greeting her. He let out a sigh of relief, thankful she was here now, safe.

"Oh, I found you!" Ruby stated.

"Ruby," Weiss asked, "Where have you-"

"Don't worry, I'm fine!" Ruby assured, "What's going on?"

Unsure of what to say, Weiss lowered her gaze sadly, confusing Ruby, "Weiss? What is it?"

Weiss moved out of the way, showing Ruby the scene behind her. Ruby's eyes widened in horror at the sight.

Ruby reached out and opened her mouth to say something, but in her emotional state, she didn't know what to say, "Yang..."

Sun walked over to her, "Hey. She's gonna be okay. The soldiers have a ship ready to take you guys to Vale."

"But Jaune and Pyrrha are still missing," Nora said, attempting to stand, but quickly sitting back down in pain.

Ruby gasped, "What!?"

"Look, guys," Sun pointed out, "That giant Grimm is circling the school! Even the White Fang are pulling out! We all have to go, now!"

"We're not... leaving!" Ren then attempted to stand up, but then fell to his knees, "Ugh!"

Sun turned and cast a worried look at Blake, who was still staring at Skyler with a confused look. Skyler didn't notice. His biggest concern was the girl whose hand he was holding.

"...I'll find them," Ruby proclaimed, catching Skyler's attention, "I'll find them, and I'll bring them back!"

"No," Weiss walked up next to her, "We will find them."

Weiss looked at Skyler, "We'll be back. Think you and Sun can handle any attacks?"

Skyler nodded grimly, "I'll try my best Ice Queen."

Weiss rolled her eyes, but ran off with Ruby.

"You better be back!" Sun called out after them before muttering, "Idiots..."

As Skyler watched them go, he clutched Yang's hand tighter, like it was his lifeline. Soon, he slipped into unconsciousness.
_______________________________
About two days later, Skyler was laying down on the couch in the Xiao Long residence. He remembered waking up in the guest bedroom yesterday and reuniting with Ruby and Yang's dad, Taiyang Xiao Long. He was then informed about what happened.

Beacon had fallen, the Dragon Grimm was frozen atop the tower because of Ruby (long story), and the rest of his team had gone their separate ways. Dante had gone back home, Walker was most likely with Team CFVY somewhere, and Hazel had flown back to Mistral. But none of that was the worst news.

Pyrrha was dead. That was what hit him the hardest. Pyrrha Nikos, P-Money, the invincible girl, had fought Cinder atop of Beacon Tower, where she met her end. Skyler had to lay back down for that. It took him the rest of the day to process that.

"You doing okay?"

Skyler looked up to see Taiyang Xiao Long, Ruby and Yang's dad, standing over him, and he sighed, "Yeah, I guess..."

"You don't look okay," Taiyang frowned, "Especially after that conversation with my daughter."

Skyler grimaced as he remembered what had gone down.
_______________________________
Yang had just woken up in her bed. She glanced at her right arm and saw the bandages. She felt like crying. Then she looked to her left.

There was Skyler, asleep in a chair, half-laying down on the bed. His hand was on hers. She moved her hand and he woke up.

"Yang?" he said groggily, then his face instantly brightened, "Yang! You're awake!"

His mood then dropped when he noticed the look on her face, "What's wrong?"

"What isn't wrong?!" Yang snapped, causing him to flinch, "I've lost my freaking arm, Skyler!! How the crap do you think I feel?!"

"Yang-"

"We've hit rock bottom Skyler! Don't bother trying to cheer me up!"

"Yang, please, calm down-"

"Calm down?! CALM DOWN?!?!" Yang's eyes turned red, "How can I calm down at a time like this?!"

At that moment, Taiyang walked in, embraced his daughter, and had the terrible job of telling her the details. By the time he walked out, Yang was in tears. Skyler could do nothing but sit there. Then he put an hand on her shoulder and she spoke again. She wasn't yelling, but that didn't make what came out of her mouth less hurtful.

"Get out."

"What?! But Yang-"

"GET OUT!!! GET OUT OF MY ROOM, GET OUT OF MY HOUSE, AND GET OUT OF MY LIFE!!!!!"

Skyler stared at her before speaking again, "If that's what you want..."

And Skyler walked out, wiping the tears from his eyes.
_______________________________
"It wasn't exactly the most pleasant of conversations," Skyler replied.

"No... No, it wasn't," Taiyang sat down, "But you know she didn't mean any of that."

"I'm aware. It still hurts. I probably should've waited until she properly coped though."

"Maybe... Just give her time. I can tell she already regrets what she said. Just... just let her get some rest."

Taiyang got up and walked away, leaving Skyler to his thoughts. He sighed and leaned back. Maybe he needed some rest too.
_______________________________
A month or so later, in the winter time, Ruby walked out of her house, closing the back door quietly. She turned and saw Jaune standing there.

"Hey."

Ruby smiled sadly, "Hey Jaune. Haven's a long way to go."

"I know," Jaune said, "It's the only way we have.

"Are you sure you want to come along?"

"The journey will be perilous," a new voice said.

The two turned to Ren, who had spoken, with Nora standing next to him, "And whether we'll find answers at the end is entirely uncertain.

"But we wouldn't be here if we weren't up for it," Nora grinned.

"I'm going with you too."

The group turned to see Skyler leaning against a leafless tree, "I can't let you have all the revenge."

"Where's your team?" Ren asked.

"Dante's back home," Skyler replied, "His family is reluctant to even let him leave the house. I have no idea where Walker and Hazel are though. But I at least know they're alright. Hopefully we'll find them later on."

Ruby nodded, "Then let's get started."

As they started walking, Skyler glanced at the window that belonged to Yang's bedroom. He felt for something in his pocket. When he found it, he spoke to the others.

"You guys go on. I'll catch up. It'll only be a second."
_______________________________
Yang sat in her bed as she heard her father rush past her room. She didn't know what was wrong, but she didn't really care. She looked out the window, but noticed something stuck under it.

It was an envelope. She reached over and pulled it out. On the back it had her name and the flap was already open. She pulled the letter out and read it.

Dear Yang,

I know you probably don't want to talk, but... I'm sorry. I had to get that out. I'm sorry things are so messed up right now and I'm sorry I could only stand there when Adam... well, you know. You're going through so much, and here I am: physically fine (I'm not going to say emotionally. I'm FAR from emotionally fine).

I don't know why I'm not telling you this in person. Maybe it's because I'm off with Ruby, Jaune, Ren, and Nora and heading to Haven or the fact that you don't want me around is really getting to me. What I'm trying to say is... I'm sorry. I love you.

Love,
Skyler Yin

P.S. Don't tell anyone we're off to Haven. Please. It's something we have to do. Love you.

Yang finished reading. Then she smiled, tears beginning to show. She looked out the window one more time.

'Good luck Skyler... I love you too.'
_______________________________
This was the episode that broke us for good. And now for the epilogue with Salem! Till next time guys!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 138 20
The land of remnant With four different countries within it. There is Atlas, mistral, Vacuo and vail. On the verge of war the royals make one last c...
5.9K 161 19
Drake Moonstalker joins Beacon Academy, in an attempt to run from his past. But, no matter how far you go, you can never run from a past this dark.
95.4K 1.6K 12
After the death of your Master, you abandon your life as a warrior monk of Sun Zhang. Aiming to be a Huntsman, you attend Beacon Academy, however you...
33.6K 440 16
At Beacon Academy, young Huntsmen and Huntresses are taught and trained to protect the people and maintain the peace for all of Remnant's inhabitants...