EZEA

By RozzayAnthony

Fifty years ago Hazel, (the future fox demon princess of a mystical land Ezea) witnessed an eere death of her... More

Prologue
chapter one : Chaos Hazel's story
Chapter two: Pride Jaiyden's Story
Chapter Three: Imbalanced
Chapter four: Resentment
Chapter Five: Impatient
Chapter seven: acceptance
Chapter Eight: adjustment
Chapter nine: Confusion
Chapter ten: Destiny?
Chapter eleven: Haunting
Chapter twelve : possession
Chapter thirteen: Truth
Chapter:fourteen: together
Chapter fifteen: Chaos
Chapter sixteen: Trapped
Chapter seventeen:Questions
Chapter eighteen: Missing
Chapter nineteen: Hidden Kingdom
Chapter twenty: Love & war
Chapter twenty-three: revival
Chapter twenty-four: Where are they?
Chapter Twenty-five: Suit and Armor
Chapter twenty-six: Shadow War
Chapter twenty-seven: revelation
Chapter twenty-eight: home but trouble
Chapter twenty-nine innocent or guilty
Chapter thirty: over?
Epilogue
A letter from the author

Chapter six: transition

15 2 0
By RozzayAnthony

      It’s eight o’clock in the morning and I’m still half asleep. I heard both Amilee’s mom and my mom talking. At first I thought I was dreaming but when I opened my eyes, it became real. My mom walked over and tapped me on the shoulder to wake me up. I walked out the door wearing Amilee’s clothes and followed my mom into the car. Amilee’s mom waves at us as we drive away. Later at home my mom spoke to me. We were both sitting across from each other in the kitchen “Honey, I know you’re going through a lot and I apologize for ever making you feel resentment towards me, but please understand that this move is not a bad thing it’s good for everyone, we can use this as an opportunity to be close as a family.

                 I asked her, “When are we leaving?” She told me, “This Thursday, I know your life is here but it will be good I promise you”. I refused to believe her because every time she told me the same thing she does something different her actions spoke louder than her words. I went into my room and began packing my clothes; I took down all my posters, dance trophies, and everything that was there. I got tired and laid in my bed as I enjoyed the last week I had in Chicago.

                Days have passed and it’s Wednesday. I cleaned out my locker and said my goodbyes to all my friends. They all gave me hugs and told me how they were going to miss me. I handed a grocery bag to Amilee filled with the sweats she lend me. Just then Nicki walked by me throwing insults my way as normally. “Now she’s fleeing the country I knew this girl didn’t have what it took be an emerald.” Amilee told me to calm down but I had to put my foot down and stand up to her. I slammed the locker behind her and dropped my things I called her name, “Nicki!” I walked in front of her. “She turned around and said “what?” I told her, “ Stop! Okay stop talking to me like that stop talking to everyone like that okay, for years you have tried to make my life hell, what…do you miss sleep over not being a bitch, just because you’re an emerald doesn’t make you better than me or anyone else here. I’m a freshman but I managed to get on the junior and senior team while you struggled for what three years before you got a spot? You’re a very insure girl that clearly needs help.” There were kids in the hallways that were instigating and cheering for me. “Whatever, Whatever” she sticked the middle finger at me and everyone else.” I turned around and said, “oh and FYI honey that make-up doesn’t help your Skin cancer and hair situation.” She walked towards me and said, let’s get one thing straight here you were just nominated and you even got that revoked, you were never an Emerald so stop trying to be so proud of something you never accomplished you can’t be on because you don’t think like an Emerald. Her friend jumped in and said to me, “someone needs to put you in your place you little shit.” And I laughed, “And you’re going to do that…? She said, “yep…sure am and she slaps me on the face. Amilee holds me back and tells me they’re not worth it. She reminded me that I got suspended and she didn’t want me to risk anything else, but I was moving and it didn’t matter. Amilee said, “what Nicki you really need someone to fight your battles. You know what I’m not trying to get suspended for a bunch of freshman’s. Good luck in Canada.” She and her friends stormed down the hall. My friends were all cheering and wishing me luck. I picked up my stuff from the floor and continued to keep walking.

          Amelle and I both walked home from school and he said , “ can’t believe you stood up to Nicki Reed how do you feel?” And I told her, “ I feel confident, her dumb friend can’t even slap hard I mean she needed help to fight freshman that is just weak, I can’t believe I kissed her ass just so I can get on the spot.                                                                                                                                                          It was Thursday afternoon and the moving truck was parked in front of my house and my mom and Jim were both loading the boxes while Taylor was inside the car. Amilee looked at me and said, “So this is it… where just saying goodbye just like that?” I told her, “this isn’t good bye, this is seeing you later”. We both hugged and my mom was telling me to get in the car because we were leaving. I cross my arms and placed it on my chest while she did the same thing and I got in the car. We drove away and she waved to me.

                It was sad that I was leaving home but I was hoping for a new beginning at Canada. My mom and Jim played corny car games and sang songs while I had my ear phones on to my songs. We were on the highway and after eight hours of driving, we crossed the border. We had to show our passports to the minutes when we crossed over. It was a thirty minute drive into Toronto, we passed by the city and it was beautiful, it was kind of like being in New York. We went through the tunnel and into commercial drive where we were going to live. We moved into the house and it was big. Jim parked the car, had us enter in the house where we were going to live. When I went into my room, it was large. Taylor shouted, “Come look at my room. “I entered into Taylor’s room and saw his room and it was spacious. “Are we like, rich or something?” I asked rictoricelly. Jim came behind me from surprise and said, “No just fortunate.”

                Jim told me that even though I will be living with the family, it is required for high school students to live on campus. They wanted me to live on campus because of the experience and maturity that I will be receiving before I head to college, but I felt that it was just an excuse for them to get more money from families. I went to the truck and unloaded some of my stuff and put them into my room. Jim told me that I had to go to the campus today to check it out. My mom stayed with Taylor in the house while I went with Jim. Jim and I went into the car and drove off to the campus. As I was riding with him I had my feet up on the dash board. “Jayden, can you please put your feet down.” He asked, and I put them down. When we arrived to the school there were two fancy tall black gates in front of the campus. The security guards asked us our names. “Jim Daley and my step-daughter Jayden Ivory where here for open house.” The doors opened and we drove inside.

                 The campus was completely huge. The school was divided, the middle schoolers in one side while the High schoolers were in another. These kids looked so disciplined, proper, and wealthy, at that moment I felt more out of place.

                The vice principal from Oakland Academy and is speaking to a student, Isabella Swan Mcalle also known as Izzy by everyone. She is described to be aggressive, a rebel and a “bad ass” She usually dyes her hair in different colors, spice up her own style with her school uniform and wears long leather biker boots. She has two lip rings, five helix piercings on her ear one industual piercing, a belly button piercing, tongue ring, dark eye liner light grey eyes, and a bull ring nose piercing and is friends with kids from the opposite side of Toronto, which is the “ghetto side” they go to a rough high school there where Izzy formally attended school in that area in Middle school but because of violence they transferred her to Oakland. She has received over ten demeraties mainly from the dress code. She is an individual who believes that freedom of expression should be in Oakland.

                “Ms. Mcalle, your outfit is highly inapproiate for the school attire how many time do me and you need to sit here to discuss your outfit.” She said, “Until you allow me along with the ten thousand other students at this school become a uniform free institution, Sir I believe that we as teenagers deserve to wear our own clothing we shouldn’t have to be oppressed were not a third world country.”  He replied to her comment, “ Isabella”…. She inturupted, “My name’s Izzy.” He continued to finsh, “ If your parents named you Isabella and on your registration your name is Isabella.. I’m calling you Isabella.”  She stated, “but if it’s my name and if I want to be called Izzy because I don’t like the name Izabella then there you go.” Principal perkins said, “forget about your name, he writes on his note pad, rips the paper off the note pad and hands it to Izzy. “ Congratulation your awarded detention for a month please go.” Izzy got up from her seat and stormed out of the office and slams the door behind her.

                She goes into the hallway where she encounters Logan. Logan Garcia, also known as being the class clown. Many people see Logan as Izzy’s “puppet” He wears his hair in spikes and normally jells it up. He considers himself to be Izzy’s good friends. “so what did he say…” Logan asked. “ That old fart gave me a month worth of detention come on lets get out of here.”

                Three boys are walking outside on a narrow brick road to the library. Talking about the Hockey game last night. The three boys are Nelson, Wyatt and Christian. Nelson Thomas is the guy that every girl wants to date. He is popular, athletic, but also has a kind side. He was raised Christian and he believes his religion inspired him to become a better person. He has dark brown hair almond shaped eyes, dark brown eyes, and is built muscular. He is a friend to everyone and tries to do the right thing. Wyatt Anderson, was born and raised in Kingston, Jamaca. His living situation was not a fairy tale. His dad was not involved in his life and his mother died when he was a baby. An American family traveled to Jamaica and then adopted him he later on moved to Toronto at the age of five. His passion is mainly for music and he plays the guitar. Christian Bailey, a youngest brother of Chad and Michael Bailey who were legends in this school. He is always compared to his older brothers. He is described to be awkward clumsy and “dorky”                                                                                                                                                                    

       As Nelson, Christian, and Wyatt were walking towards the library, Nelson looks at the new girl Jayden. He smiles at her but she doesn’t see him. She walks with Jim into the Highschool building. “you checking her out…?” Wyatt ask. Nelson stammers, “n…no I don’t even know her…” He whispers under his breathe. “But she is cute” Wyatt and Christian laughs, “maybe you will.” Said Christian. They all walk into the library.  Jayden meets with the Vice principal and have a campus tour.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3M 105K 48
12/23/18 #1 school 11/18/18 #8 beta Warning under massive construction. "God Makenzie! How many ways do I have to reject you just so you can underst...
60 24 13
Young Jade Graham had grown accustomed to the constant nightmares that plagued her night after night, until one day they stopped. Thinking that she w...
39K 1.9K 49
'One person on their own may be able to save the world. But a team of friends, all working together, have a much greater chance of succeeding...provi...
1K 130 41
[!!CW!! graphic depiction of violence, alcohol and drug abuse, mental health issues] "My eyes fooled me... This could not be what had happened... I f...