RWBY: Team SHDW Volume 1 [NOT...

Por TyForestWrites

Join Skyler, Hazel, Dante, and Walker as they go to Beacon Academy and... well, you know the rest. Covers Vol... Más

Prologue: Skyler Yin
Chapter 1: The Shining Beacon
Chapter 2: The First Step
Chapter 3: The Emerald Forest
Chapter 4: Players and Pieces
Chapter 5: The Badge and the Burden
Chapter 6: Jaunedice
Chapter 7: Forever Fall
Chapter 8: The Stray
Chapter 9: Black and White
Chapter 10: The Best Day Ever
Chapter 11: Welcome to Beacon
Chapter 12: A Minor Hiccup
Chapter 13: Painting the Town
Chapter 14: Extracurricular
Chapter 15: Burning the Candle
Chapter 17: Field Trip
Chapter 18: This One Goes to 19
Chapter 19: Breach
Chapter 20: Round 1
Chapter 21: New Challengers
Chapter 22: It's Brawl in the Family
Chapter 23: Lessons Learned
Chapter 24: Skyler & Dante vs. Edward & Elizabeth
Chapter 25: Fall
Chapter 26: Destiny
Chapter 27: PvP
Chapter 28: Battle of Beacon
Chapter 29: Heroes and Monsters
Chapter 30: End of the Beginning
Epilogue: Off to Salem
Post Epilogue: Thinking with Portals

Chapter 16: Dance Dance Infiltration

335 3 0
Por TyForestWrites

Dance night! And Skyler was alone. Honestly, he wasn't surprised. After his talk with Blake, he had pretty much given up. Now he was sitting in a chair near the punch bowl, Ruby nearby, drinking punch. He had expected to have fun anyway, but nothing eventful had happened yet.

After a few minutes, Jaune walked up and stood next to Ruby, "I see you're hiding at the punch bowl too."

"Yep," she replied.

Jaune raised his glass, "To the socially awkward."

"I can drink to that," Skyler said as Ruby giggled and the three of them clinked their glasses together.

"Sorry things didn't work out with Weiss," Ruby said.

"Meh, it's fine," Jaune shrugged, "Neptune's pretty 'cool'. I get why she went with him.

"What do you mean?" Ruby asked.

"Well, come on," Jaune replied, sipping his punch, "Not many people can pull off blue hair."

"Um, dude?" Skyler put in, "Weiss came to the dance alone."

Jaune choked in surprise, "Uh, what?"

"Yeah," Ruby said, "She said that she had too much to focus on to worry about boys."

Jaune then looked in the direction of Neptune. He was currently laughing it up with Sun and Blake. Jaune's eyes narrowed.

"Hold my punch," Jaune handed Ruby his cup and stalked in Neptune's direction.

Ruby watched him go for a bit before taking a sip out of his cup. Skyler then noticed Jaune change directions and go after Pyrrha. He smirked and Ruby sat down next to him.

"Why are you here alone anyway?" she asked him as she set the cups down.

"Well," Skyler replied, "After Blake rejected me, I guess I decided it was better to go alone than just stay in my dorm."

"Why didn't you ask anyone else?"

"Are you kidding? Who would want to go with me?"

"Yang," Ruby blurted, but then immediately slapped a hand over her mouth.

Skyler looked at her funny, "What?"

"Nothing!" Ruby squeaked.

"No, it wasn't. Did you say Yang?"

Ruby was silent for a moment before replying, "Yeah..."

"Why would she want to come with me?"

"Are you serious?"

"Yes! What do you mean?"

"Yang's been dropping hints like crazy. How have you not noticed?"

"Noticed what?!"

"Yang likes you!"

That shut him up, "...What?"

Ruby stuttered, "P-please don't tell her I said that!"

"She... likes me? Like... in a romantic sense?"

"Yeah."

Skyler then thought about it. His eyes then widened at all the signs. The constant blushing, the shows of affection, like bone-crushing hugs, stuttering, etc. Seriously, Yang could've kissed him on the cheek and he still wouldn't have gotten the clue. He threw his head back and covered his face.

"Ooooooh..." Skyler groaned, "I'm such an idiot..."

Ruby smiled, "Yeah, kinda."

"Now I know what it's like to be Jaune..."

Skyler was feeling extremely guilty. He had spent so much of his time focused on one girl that he didn't notice that there was the perfect one right in front of him. Oh man, he was Jaune! He glanced over at Yang and saw her sitting at a chair alone. Then, he suddenly began to feel feelings that he thought were long gone.

Skyler turned back to Ruby, "And you're sure she has romantic feelings for me?"

"She threatened me if I told..." Ruby admitted, "Please don't tell her I said it..."

Skyler stared at her, then smiled and ruffled her hair, "Don't worry, I won't."

He began to walk away, but then turned back, "And, Ruby? Thanks."

Ruby smiled, "No problem!"

Skyler walked over to Yang and sat down next to her, "Nice night, huh?"

Yang jumped a bit, "Oh! Skyler! I... didn't see you coming..."

"Yeah," Skyler replied, "You zoned out a bit?"

"Yeah..." Yang admitted.

"Why did you come alone? I would've thought that at least one guy would ask you."

"Well..." Yang scratched the back of her head, "There were a few guys... but I turned them down."

"Why?"

"You see... There's one guy I've got my eyes on, but..."

"He's been giving you the cold shoulder?"

"Exactly!"

"Sounds like a real jerk."

Yang smiled a bit, thinking that Skyler didn't know who she was talking about, "You know it. I've dropped hints, but he hasn't picked up on anything."

Skyler smirked. It felt strangely good to insult himself. He deserved every second of berating.

"So he's basically Jaune."

Yang thought about that, "You know... That's exactly it! He's another Jaune!"

They had a good laugh at that. Afterwards, they were silent for a bit. Skyler's ears picked up on the song playing and got up. Now was the time.

"You wanna dance?" he asked, holding out his hand.

Yang looked up at him, startled, "What?"

"You don't have a date, right?" Skyler grinned, "That means he won't kill me if I asked. So how about it?"

Yang stared up at him, completely dumbfounded, and slowly took his hand, "Y-yeah..."

Skyler pulled her onto the dance floor. After about a minute of this, he spoke.

"You know, I always thought that all your flirtations weren't actually genuine."

Yang stared at him, her eyes wide, "Wait... What did you say?"

Skyler smiled, "I said that that I've always thought that all your flirting wasn't genuine."

Yang's face went bright red. Did he know? Skyler kept going.

"Back at Signal, I used to have a crush on you, but I thought I had no chance considering that you flirted with every guy there. Until tonight, I thought I'd moved on."

Yang's face went even redder. He knew. And from the sound of things, he felt the same. However, she realized she was zoning out and only heard the end of Skyler's confession.

"-I should probably shut up now. I'm just embarrassing myse-Mph!"

Yang had grabbed him by the shirt collar, pulled him in, and kissed him. Though thoroughly surprised, it didn't take long for Skyler to recover and kiss back.

Once they separated, Yang hugged him tightly, "About time, you moron."

Skyler blushed a bit, but smiled. He turned his head and saw his teammates looking at him, all of them nodding with smiles on their faces. Skyler rolled his eyes. Then he saw Blake, who looked at him and winked. So this is what she meant...

Skyler smiled and silently thanked Ruby for opening his eyes. Speaking of, where was Ruby?
_______________________________
"You know," Skyler said to Yang as they danced, "I don't think anything could surprise me more tonight."

Yang smiled, "Agreed."

Suddenly, they heard laughter. The two turned their heads and their jaws dropped.

"...Except for that," Skyler said.

It took a bit longer for Pyrrha to notice, but when she did, she saw..., "Jaune?"

There was Jaune... wearing a dress. Pyrrha wondered what on Remnant could have possessed him to make him do that. Then she remembered what he had said a few days ago.

Jaune smiled sheepishly, "A promise is a promise..."

Pyrrha stared at him in absolute shock before busting out laughing, "J-Jaune! You didn't have to!!"

"Hey, an Arc never goes back on his word. Now do you want to stand there and laugh at me," Jaune held out his hand, "Or do you want to dance?"

Without hesitation, Pyrrha took it, "I... would love to dance!"

Jaune pulled her close, surprising her, and pulled her onto the dance floor, while she giggled uncontrollably. Nora grinned at the sight.

"Ren!" she exclaimed, "This... is... HAPPENING!!!"

"Wait," Ren said, confused, "What is happening?"

Nora grabbed his hand and pulled him onto the dance floor with Jaune and Pyrrha. They all then performed a dance together to the current song: Shine.

"I had no idea you were a dancer," Pyrrha told Jaune.

"Well," Jaune replied, "That kinda happens when you grow up with seven sisters."

They kept dancing and Skyler and Yang couldn't find the strength to stop laughing and clapping.

"Why the heck would Jaune do that?!" Yang giggled, finally calming down a bit.

"I don't know," Skyler chuckled, "But if he and Pyrrha aren't going out after tonight, I don't know what I'm going to do with him."

"Speaking of going out, does that mean we are?"

Skyler gave her a funny look and said sarcastically, "What?? No! That kiss back there didn't mean a thing!!"

"Oh shut up!" Yang laughed, punching him in the arm, "You didn't need to be sarcastic about it."

"Okay then, want me to answer the question genuinely?"

Yang grinned, knowing where this was going, "Go ahead."

So Skyler kissed her again.
_______________________________
And finally! The Yang and Skyler relationship has come!! I've been waiting so long to write it. Till next time guys!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

6.4K 94 25
|Volume II| Given the current situation, Skyler considered himself pretty lucky. After surviving the Battle of Beacon with barely a scratch, he joine...
12.3K 151 28
RWBY x male son of vergil reader
6K 166 14
After an eventful first semester, it's now time for Kai Blaze's SECOND semester at Beacon Academy. Would this semester be fairly normal, or would it...
19.9K 553 61
Yin Xiao Long, twin of Yang Xiao Long and older brother of Ruby Rose enters Beacon Academy a school that prepares the next generation of Huntsman and...