Safe

By idkbree

Rae, the daughter of a lawyer, has always helped her father with cases, but not one quite like this. Aiden, a... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
Epilogue
New Story

chapter 20

45.1K 1.1K 311
By idkbree

After a quiet afternoon -besides the constant bickering of Will and Harry- we were ready to leave. It was sad to leave but I knew I would be seeing Charlotte in the very near future. She gave me her number incase I ever needed to talk to someone that wasn't Harry. We bid our farewells and gave our goodbye hugs. Which also meant Charlotte giving Harry a threat to bring me back soon, or she would have no problem telling me about Germany.

The ride back to Harry's was surprising quicker than the ride up. That's something I've always found interesting.

"So I was thinking about taking you out tonight. So you should wear a dress or skirt..for me." Harry's cheeky smile shining.

"As a date?" His comment confused me. Especially since Harry is not one to show affection through something that romantic couples do.

"Not so much a date, but something to ease your mind. Making you not so...tense." He lightly laughed.

"I am not tense!" I shot back.

"Mhmm," He hummed taking hold of my hand. "Whatever you say love."

I wasn't tense, I was just overwhelmed. Everything from my dad to Harry's life. If his idea of easing my mind is getting me drunk, he is sadly mistaken. I'll drink, but I am not getting drunk. Especially when I have to be home. As much as alcohol seems very good right now, I know it will be a regret as soon I wake up tomorrow.

When we arrived at my house, it was a little later in the afternoon. My dad had just gotten home from work judging by the glass of water in his hand, and he was still in his suit. I gave a simple wave without looking at him, not entirely sure if he saw it. I felt him follow me up the stairs, when I got to my door I turned around and saw him standing at the middle of the steps.

"Hey um, Rae?" He asked.

"Yeah?"

"I was wondering if you would like to go out for dinner? You know, father, daughter type thing?" He cautiously asked.

"Sorry, I can't. I'm going out with with my friends." I shrugged my shoulders and watched him leave the house, hearing the car take off.

When I opened my door, I found Harry leaning up against my dresser on the opposite side of the room. His beautiful face didn't hold his usual sly smirk, but instead it held a sad frown. I walked over to Harry, putting my index fingers to the corners of his mouth, and pushing up. He didn't seem amused by my actions. Instead he slowly pushed my hands away and held them in his own.

"He's really trying, Rae. Please forgive him. His hatred is towards me, not you." He stated quietly.

"Yes, but it involves me since he's my dad. I just want him to like you. Not despise you."

"And he won't like me anymore if he sees anymore change in his daughter that I caused. Babe, I just don't want you to lose him. You already don't have a mum. Don't end up like me, and not have have a dad. Please just try." He pleaded, squeezing my hands lightly.

He was right. I don't think I could handle not having both parents. I did need my dad, whether I would have liked to admit it right now or not. He's always been my rock. I guess I have been hard on him. Maybe I changed all too quickly, and he didn't know how to react.

"Fine, but after tonight." I smiled.

"Sounds like a deal."

I gave him a kiss on the cheek and headed to my closet, looking for an outfit tonight. Harry sat on bed, leaning over the edge on the other side, doing god knows what.

"You should wear these." I could hear the smirk in his voice behind me.

He was probably snickering about the dress Grace bought me for my birthday last year, with a card telling me to 'spice it up, and show off the beautiful arse and curves you were born with.' I guess he found it in my clean clothes pile.

"And what is tha-"

My sentence cut short when I turned around to Harry holding my matching bra and panties I wear for special occasions to feel good about my body.

"Give me those!"

Harry laughed again, and got up out of the bed holding the bra to his chest. He discarded my underwear to the floor and played with my bra more. Strutting around the room like a girl.

"Think it fits? Your breasts are quite big." He smirked.

"Harry!" I yelled.

I snatched the bra from him, picking up the underwear on the floor, rushing to my dresser. I safely tucked it away in my undergarment drawer. Which now, I will be sure to keep an eye out when he's around.

I huffed at his immaturity whilst his deep, raspy voice laughed aloud on my bed. I walked over to my bathroom, and made sure to lock the door. Harry has many wondrous thoughts, and I was not about to let them find their way in here whilst I was half naked.

Although Harry had found my sexiest pair of undergarments, I had several others, just not as hot as the others. I'd managed to grab one of the those pairs to wear tonight, with a white skirt and a blue shirt. Giving into Harry's comment in the car that I should wear skirt. He's not getting a dress from me. I don't want his green eyes watching me anymore than needed.

"Raeee." Harry's voice called out.

"Yes?" I asked opening the door.

"You should wear this dress I found on the floor. Your arse would look incredible in it." He swung the dress back and forth in front of me with a smirk.

So he has been snooping around my room when he's alone.

"I'm not wearing that." I told him, wrapping my arms around his neck. "Besides, if you think my arse would look incredible in it, what would other guys think?" I asked trying make my voice sounding as innocent as possible.

Harry eyes widen at the sudden realisation of the dress. He immediately threw it behind his back. The dress making a soft thud on carpeted floor below.

"You're to never wear that dress unless it's for my eyes only." His jealously getting the better of him.

***

Harry parked his car down the street from small club he was taking me to. I was a little nervous, partly because I knew he'd make me dance. I'm not horrible, just rhythm lacking.

The cold air whipped around my body, making me shiver. Regretting my decision to wear a skirt when it was so close to the season changing into winter. Harry put his arm around my shoulders, making warmth instantly spread throughout my body.

When we arrived at the door, the bouncer let us in without Harry even speaking a word. Just one nod of the head and the rope was open for us. The others in line weren't happy how we were just let in, and they had to stay out in the freezing air. Some girls in tight dresses forgot about the air long enough to look at the man around my shoulder, and give me a scowl. Obviously they're aware of who the male is that is currently being a taken as my boyfriend. Or in hopes of the women standing here, his fling for the night.

Harry led me through the crowd surrounding the outskirts of the dance floor, over to the bar that was lit underneath by a dull white light. Many drinks and half empty pint glasses filling the lit bar. I was pulled to the centre, and set on the stool with empty seats on both sides of me. Harry took his seat next to me on the right. He grabbed both of our coats and called over the bartender. He handed the heavy wool to him, leaning over the bar and whispering something in his ear. The man smirked and patted Harry's shoulder whilst they laughed. Harry turned back to me, understanding my questioning look.

"We met the first time I came out clubbing. Gave me my first underage drink when I was 16, been coming here ever since." Harry said into my ear.

I simply nodded and turned back to a different bartender that I had seen before down at the beginning of the bar.

"Drinks?" She cheerfully asked.

Harry and I nodded. He settled for a beer, and I choose Gin and Tonic.

"Gin and Tonic? Imagined you to be the fruity type." He chuckled.

"I am, but I need something I can pace myself with, and not get shit-faced on the first sip. I don't plan on getting drunk tonight. Just something to get a buzz going." I said whilst picking up the drink that was placed in front of.

"I feel like you're going to be the designated driver. Except no-one drives my car, so I'll be pacing myself too." He drew out a slow smirk.

I was sad about him not letting loose so easily. I wanted him to have a good time, but I also knew no-one touches his precious car, so I half expected his reply.

"Harry!" A low voice called out.

I turned around to see a built guy with a beer in his hand. He had a fair share of tattoos adorning his tanned skin. Hair trimmed on sides, with a small light brown quiff. He was largely built, his muscles shown through his semi-tight shirt.

"Liam! Haven't seen you since the accident! How have you been?" Harry enthusiastically bro hugged his friend.

"I've been great! Can't believe that prick almost got away with it. Man, I've missed you. So is this the lovely lady with you during the hearing?" Liam asked genuinely. Without the intention of flirting.

It surprised me when Harry didn't flinch at Liam's comment 'lovely lady', even though there was no flirting in his voice. Maybe Harry really does trust him, and are close enough to know Harry's jealously always gets the best of him.

Harry nodded and introduced me.

"Liam, this is my girlfriend, Rae." Harry proudly smiled.

"Hi, Liam. Nice to meet you. You're obviously a great friend of Harry's." I smiled and shook his hand.

"Nice to meet you too. Finally great to see the woman that changed Harry's idea of a girlfriend. And I am. He's like a brother. Trust him with my life. As does he." Liam smiled back and Harry nodding in conformation. He almost reminded me of puppy. A very big puppy.

Harry seemed to be ecstatic that he was reunited with is close friend. I let them talk about their missed time with each other. Harry offering another round of drinks. I declined, still working on my second one I had gotten when Liam and Harry talked. The boys had obviously wanted to celebrate their reunion, and ordered shots for the both of them. Cake shots to be exact. The shot glass was filled with cake flavoured alcohol, topped with icing and sprinkles. They were sure to have mess after downing it with their mouths, and no hands. But with the two pints Harry finished earlier, he saw no problem in the mess this shot would cause later. They lined the shot up on the edge of the bar, ready to down them without hands. I moved over to allow more room for Liam and to stay out of the splash zone. They counted to three and leaned down, wrapping their lips around the glass and swallowing. Some of the icing missed Liam's mouth and dropped the the floor, whereas Harry's was smudged around his whole mouth, and some even managed to make its way to his cheeks. I laughed at the two, and handed them both napkins to wipe off the icing they missed when they tried licking it off. Liam thanked me, but Harry had different ideas.

"Lick it off for me, Babe?" Harry smirked.

Liam wolf whistled, causing people in seven person radius to stare at the three of us. Without any answer from me, Harry pulled me over to his stool and helped me straddle his waist. He smirk grew bigger as I neared closer. I wish I could blame it on the Gin but I was closer to sober than anyone in this club. So I let curiosity get the best of me, and my tongue explored Harry's sweet skin. I licked the icing away from his cheekbones, inches closer to his mouth. I left open mouthed kisses to top of lips near his nose. The tip of my tongue licking under his upper lip and pulling it with me slightly as pulled back.

"Fuck, that's hot." Harry's eyes fluttered closed.

I smirked to myself, and grabbed the napkin on the bar, wiping the remaining icing. I kissed Harry's lips again, moving against them slowly. When I backed away, his head had slightly fallen backwards, taking long breathes.

When I looked over at Liam, he was in shock. Maybe from our first greeting he had already filed me as a good girl. And now he's already seen my adventurous side I have, within the first hour of knowing him.

I climbed back to my seat, and took another drink. I talked to Liam whilst Harry excused himself to the loo.

"I don't think I've ever seen him so out of breath with a girl." He chuckled.

"Good. Because I want to be the only who does that to him. And I'm also pretty confident I know his biggest turn on." I smirked to myself.

"Harry has a few, not sure if there's just one."

"Well as his girlfriend, I should be the one to know there are many, but one stands out from them all, tongue." I shot back.

Liam thought about for while. Like he was recalling all the times he'd seen Harry with another girl.

"Dammit, you're right. I would have bet money it would be a girl's arse. I don't think I've ever seen him with a girl that doesn't have a nice one."

Subconsciously, I turned to look over at my bum. Judging if it would be up to Harry standards. I laughed when I realised I was standing here checking myself out in the middle of a club, with Harry's best friend watching.

"I can't believe we just fought over Harry's turn on's." I giggled.

"Anything is a topic of choice when you're drunk." Liam laughed back.

I was about to reply when I felt two hands wrap my waist. They pulled me close and started kissing my neck.

"We're going dancing, Liam. Grab a girl and come join us." Harry's raspy voice called out.

Liam nodded, and asked a girl to dance with him. She was seated a few places away from ours. Harry pulled me out on the floor and turned my back to his chest. He grabbed my hips and helped me find my rhythm. After helping me he removed one hand and used it to pull all of my hair to one shoulder. He peppered soft kisses to my neck, and down to my collarbone. His hand moved down to the top of my thigh, squeezing lightly. I was thankful the music was so loud that no-one hear my throaty moan that escaped my lips. I could feel the corners of Harry's mouth turn up on my neck.

I was surprised when Harry had turned me around so I was facing him. But I soon realised it was so he could kiss me properly. His hands had moved to beneath the fabric of my skirt, slowly inching downwards. He stopped when he felt the top of my underwear, tugging the material lightly.

"How did you know I love lace?" He breathlessly asked into ear.

"I didn't, now keep your hands on my back." I said whilst pulling his large hands away.

Harry only laughed, and kept dancing. I finally took a look around. Watching the sweating people next to us. I saw an older man, sitting in the corner with large men next to him. He caught my vision, and dropped his right eye, sending me a wink. I quickly looked away, and saw Liam the girl he was with dancing, his front to her back. She paid no attention to him, but rather someone else. My boyfriend. She looked over at me and gave me disgusted look, before pointing my boyfriend -who paid no attention to her- and making a circle with her fingers, and pushing her index though it. She smirked and traced the air into check mark, followed by her fanning herself. I flipped her off and turned towards Harry telling him I wanted to go. He nodded and headed back to our seats. Liam soon followed with his tramp trailing behind. I went over to Liam and whispered 'using you' in his ear. He nodded, and told her to go.

"Awh, Babe. The party only just started." She wined.

I rolled my eyes, which Liam caught. When I stuck my finger in my mouth and pretended to gag, I think she finally got the hint, and left. Liam chuckled and said he'd walk out with us when he saw the bartender give us our jackets back.

We all walk the two blocks over to our car, laughing at the tramp that tried so hard to get to Harry. We reached Harry's car when we heard many heavy foot steps behind us. The four men I saw earlier were following us, and by the way Liam and Harry pushed me behind them, I figured they knew who they were.

"Well, Styles. I see your terms have changed. And I am now graced with the presence of your girlfriend." The elder man sickly smiled.

Harry turned towards Liam and whispered in his ear.

"Take her to your car around the block, lock the doors and wait for me."

Liam nodded quickly, and took my hand in his, in a friendly and protective way. He began to walk and told me to not put up a fight, that it would only make it worse. I nodded quickly and watched Harry remove his jacket and throw it on the bonnet of his car.

"No, they stay. Especially the girl. She would want to see this." The man laughed.

"No, Jim. Your fight is with me, she can leave." Harry fought back.

"Oh see, this is where you're wrong. She stays, I beat the shit out of you, and she watches."

Before I could even process his words, one of the large men came behind me, and held me down. Liam tried to fight back but the man was just too strong.

"Let them g-" Harry's holler was cut short when the other large man punch him in the gut.

"Harry!" I yelled right before another punch was thrown at him.

Harry dodged it, but he wasn't prepared when the older man came him and swung long solid black  tube at his back. Harry gasped for air as he fell down towards the ground. The large man repeatedly kicked his sides and stomach, making Harry yell out in pain.

I watched in horror as Jim delivered a strong swing into his thigh. I was kicking and yelling; begging for them to stop. I turn toward the large man behind me, and lifted my leg sharply into his crotch. He hissed pain, but let go to hold himself. I quickly ran over Harry, not caring if he was about to receive another blow. I kneeled down beside him and took his bleeding face into my hands. His eyes were fluttering shut, he was barely here.

"Harry! Keep your eyes open. Don't you dare close them, Harry." I lightly shook him. I didn't realise I was crying until I saw a tear drop fall onto his cut cheek. "Harry stay with me please." I cried harder.

"Don't cry, Angel. I'll always be with you. I'm fine." He coughed.

I cried into the crook of neck, and took his hand in mine. I needed him to be ok. I looked at his face again, and my crying softened to small tears running down my face. His green eyes were staring at me intently, they never lost the sparkle. I leaned down and place long yet delicate kiss on his lips. He reached his hand up, and wiped away my tear, cupping my cheek. I intertwined my fingers from behind his, our hands never leaving my face.

"I don't like to see you cry." His soft raspy voice spoke.

I couldn't help but to smile at him. Even at a time like this, him beaten and bruised, he still cared about me more than his own health.

"Ah, young love. How...repulsive." Jim spat.

"Leave us alone." I desperately whispered.

"As you wish, Princess. But have your boyfriend there know, there is more heading his way and we're not stopping until we all get what we want." He hissed and walked away with his large men following suit.

Liam was instantly by my side, holding Harry's head up to stop the blood in his nose from going back into his brain.

"We have to get him home. He could have concussion so he can't sleep for 24 hours or he could slip into a coma." Liam informed me.

"Um.. I'll drive to Harry's place in his car since I know where it is, and you stay in the back with him checking for anything serve, since I have no idea what to do."

Liam nodded, and said he'll pick his car up tomorrow. I helped Liam carry Harry to his car and opened he back door. When they were all set, I grabbed Harry's jacket and stepped into the drivers seat, adjusting the seat and mirror.

"I swear he drives as far back as possible, I couldn't reach the pedals if I laid down." I huffed, causing Liam to laugh.

The ride there was silent. The only noise made was the hum of the car, or Harry's grunts when we went over a bump, followed by an apologetic sorry from me.

I helped Liam again, bringing Harry into his flat. The job was tough considering Harry literally put all his weight onto us. But had enough mind to rest most of it on Liam. I fumbled with keys, and when I finally opened the door, I led Liam to Harry's bedroom. We softly placed him down on his huge bed, lying him down onto his back. I got some pillows and propped his head up like Liam said.

"We have to take off your shirt." Liam stated.

"Touch me, and I kill you." Harry breathlessly replied.

"Well, how fond are you of this shirt."

"I like this shirt, why?" Harry questioned.

"If you won't move, we'll cut it off."

Harry thought about for long enough before I interjected.

"I can buy you another black Rolling Stones shirt. Just let him cut it off."

"But-"

"You have about ten other ones, and this is covered in dirt and blood, I'm not sure if it will come out. So we'll just cut it."

Before he could protest, I took the scissors and started to carefully cut. Harry huffed in response before wincing in pain.

"Dammit, it hurts to breathe." He yelled in aggravation.

After I pulled the shirt away Liam immediately began to search for any possible damage. He felt his rips and said they were bruised, thankfully not broken. When I pulled down his jeans to examine the mark from the stick, I gasped. It was horrible looking. He hit hard enough to cause blood to blot under the skin, and a bruise to cover the whole top of his thigh. He yelled at Liam when he tried to move it but he knew it was just from frustration that he couldn't move.

"Mate, you're lucky. All I can see is severe bruising. Maybe a cracked rib, fractured finger, and a concession. I know you may not feel great-"

"No, I feel fan-fucking-tastic." Harry cut him off.

"As I was saying... it could have been a lot worse. But I'm staying the night to make sure you're ok. You took a serious beating." Liam told him.

"Alright, yeah, and um sorry for snapping. I-I'm just angry I didn't do anything like I usually do. I'm better then this, I know it." Harry closed his eyes in shame.

Liam only nodded understandingly towards Harry and felt there room telling me to not let him fall asleep.

"He's quite the doctor." I spoke up, stopping the silence.

"He wants to be one. I still think he's studying for it too." He told me.

"Good for him."

I walked back over toward Harry and curled up to his side. Careful of his new inquired injuries. I moved his curls off his forehead, and peered up at him. His eyebrows were furrowed and his eyes were closed; he was thinking. Hard. I rubbed the crease between his eyes, and kissed it. I kissed his forehead, his cheeks and his bloody hand.

"Let me take care you, I'll get you cleaned up." I said against his lips, before kissing them.

I headed into his bathroom, looking for a rag and running the water in the sink, warming it up. When I walked back into the room, Harry was looking intently at his hands. He flipped them back and forth, looking at both the palm and backs. When I walked over, I started to gently rub the cloth on his face. Most of the blood clearing already from the warm liquid. I wiped it over his face once more before kissing the tip of his nose. I moved down his abdomen, gently rubbing, and taking extra precaution of his ribs. I wiped it one last time before kissing the centre of his chest. When I moved to his thigh, I almost cried at the sight. It was so deep in colour, it looked like it didn't belong to his body. I ever so slightly wiped the rag over it. Even the slightest touch made Harry wince. I felt bad but leaned down and place three feather-like kisses across the darkest line. I came back up and washed over his hands, kissing each knuckle and rubbing them.

"I didn't fight back." Harry said whilst his eyes were still closed.

"What?"

"I tried to talk it out first instead of beating them like I should. I-I didn't want you to see that side of me. Not ever. I-I can't scare you away. I-I want to keep you here with me. B-But I can't do that if I don't fight b-back." Harry explained through broken breathes because of his ribs.

"I'm not going anywhere, Harry. If you promise to keep me safe like you said, I'll be here. I always will." I kissed his lips.

"P-Please lay with me. I-I need to feel your warmth. I-It makes me feel safe too." He lazily smiled.

I happily snuggled into his side, and rested my head on his out stretched arm. I felt him shiver, so I pulled the duvet over top of us, and I snuggled in some more. I turn my head and kissed his shoulder.

"We're each others safety."

-----------------------------

long chapter yippee 

awhhh look who joined the safe cast, Liam :)

Vote for Liam?

please vote :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 250 26
Just to let you know, I'm terrible at descriptions. :((( Aiden Woods has been living alone with his abusive, alcoholic, father since the day his moth...
The MURDERER By CHSSTAN

Mystery / Thriller

653 146 54
THERE'S A MURDERER GOING AROUND TOWN. rumour says it's a 17 year old boy called Aiden. But Ethan just can't believe it. He tries to find out who rea...
16.2K 226 23
Evelyn is being pressured and stalked by an asshole from work. She feels like she's alone in the world. But there's Harry, her loving and caring boyf...
138 10 9
Kathryn is always second guessing herself and her talents. Someone from her past pops back into her life suddenly. He easily brings those walls down...