At home with the Boys

By Mickey_Mac

Nina: When a 14 year old homeless girl is fostered off into a family of 9 boys, her world starts falling into... More

At home with the Boys
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Chapter 11

13 0 0
By Mickey_Mac

Nina's POV

I did some work on my carving for Tyler last night! It's almost finished just another hour or two and it will be done!

So at the moment I am wandering down the hall looking for anyone I know, my almost empty bag dangling over one of my shoulders, my cap in my hand and my horridly knotty hair in a birds-nest on the back of my head, it is verging on dread-locks!

Then I spot Chloe and Annabelle standing in front of an open locker giggling behind their hands, I wonder what they are talking about?

I stride up to them and give them a wave they happily return. Chloe beckons me over and tries to talk but she can't stop giggling.

Annabelle calms herself down with deep breaths and then says in her quiet voice, "Okay, so, some other new girl a year or two above us epically insulted the school bitch! And it was awesome! Some guy filmed it, hacked the schools Intranet and posted it on there!" She erupts into another fit of giggles.

Chloe continues on the story for her "So the next day the bitch didn't show up to school, and rumours were flying like mozzies!! Some people even claimed to have heard her say she was gonna kill herself! Sadly they weren't true."

She pauses to give me the mournful sigh of an actress on screen.

"About five minutes before you got here she walked past us;" She adds another pause for dramatic suspense, "She was wearing slightly less make-up and slightly more clothes than what she was wearing the first day of term! She even looked a little bit timid!! This girl that insulted her actually got through to her and it's incredible!! She is my idol!" Chloe finishes with a gush.

"Whelp," I say with a cheeky grin. "That was actually my new Foster sister, Gemma"

That's actually pretty cool that she has already made an impact on the school, unlike me. Oh, well, I had better start stirring if I wanna mix things up around here!

Suddenly I am knocked off of my feet, flung through the air and thrown over an abnormally large shoulder. Will... that kid is dead!

I start thrashing like a croc attacking a cow in the rainy season, my arms and legs flying everywhere, hitting a passer-by and Will in the face. I feel his hold loosening on my waist as I struggle.

I change my wild thrashing tactic to aim blows. I start swinging my legs at Will's crotch, or where I think it is and pulling at his arm trying to pry it off of me.

Holy fucking crap!!

The arm disappears around my waist as my shin connects with soft flesh and the ground starts zooming towards my face, my eyes fly shut just as my face......

Doesn't hit the floor.....

I slowly open my eyes and see that the floor is about half an inch away from my nose.

There is a very warm arm wrapped around my middle and another around my thighs. His shoes have tomato stains on them and there is some flour on them too. A faint aroma of hot melted cheese wafts off of him. It's Tony.

Suddenly the door slams open and Anastasia walks in. "Get your hands off her!" She yells at poor Tony, who awkwardly puts me on the ground.

"If you think you can waltz around here, pretending you own the place. Getting carried everywhere like you're the queen, then think again!"

She pulls out a sword and brandishes it in front of my face. There is a wild look in her eyes and she is foaming at the mouth.

I stand up slowly with my hands in the air. I can't help staring at the tip of the metal blade which is pointed at my throat.

Anastasia stares at me with deadly concentration. All it would take is for her to reach out and slice through my flesh, cutting through my vital arteries, and ending my life forever. It would be so easy, so effortless. And frankly, I had no idea she was such a skilled swordswoman.

I gulp, not taking my eyes off the sword tip, which is hovering dangerously close to my skin.

"What do you want from me?" I say quickly, as I strain to control my trembling body.

"I heard what you said about me in the corridor." She says, her voice dripping out of her mouth slowly and steadily, like poison. "And I didn't like it."

I gulp again. My throat suddenly feeling as dry as a hot riverbed, the water leached out by the sun.

Anastasia continues, her wild eyes staring hungrily at my own, searching for my weaknesses.

"I thought that I might need to remind some people who I am." She looks around at the crowd of slowly gathering people. "Who is the boss of this school?"

There are a few nervous murmurings among the crowd, before one girl steps forward and murmurs shakily; "You are."

"That's right!" Anastasia roars. "And to make sure you remember it, I'll show you what I do to people who doubt my leadership."

She raises the sword until it brushes lightly against my trembling skin. With an insane laugh she pulls it back, ready to plunge it into my throat.

I squeeze my eyes shut, waiting for the blow that will end my life.

"Hold it." A voice cuts through the stunned silence. I open my eyes a sliver to see Gemma pushing her way through the crowd, atop a magnificent white stallion.

"Oh look who it is." Anastasia says irritably. "The good witch of the North."

"I think it's time we had a new leader." Gemma says defiantly. She pulls out a light sabre, its epic glow bathing the crowd in pink light.

Anastasia looks shocked. "You dare to challenge me?" She turns away from me and points the sword at Gemma instead. "Fight me." She commands.

Gemma swings elegantly out of her saddle, and slaps the stallion on the rump. The horse tosses his head and trots away down the corridor.

Anastasia scowls at Gemma, who raises the light sabre above her head and brings it down forcefully, cutting the steel sword in half.

I stare in disbelief as Anastasia lets the broken sword fall from her hand. She stares at it for a while before squealing like a little girl and sprinting off down the corridor.

Gemma smiles at me before turning to the crowd of stunned school students and raising her arms in the air.

"I am your new leader!" Gemma shouts. "Bow down before me and my anaconda army!" She gestures to a hoard of snakes slowly making their way down the corridor.

"Bow down, I said. Or they will eat you face!" Gemma screams at the confused crowd.

The children look at each other before falling to their knees and resting their foreheads on the floor.

One guy tries to resist but one of the anacondas slithers up his arm and starts to chew on his nose.

He screams and curses but more and more of the snakes attach themselves to his face. He claws at the air and begs the people near him for help, but they are afraid of the anacondas.

He staggers around, screaming for help. But no one will dare to help him. He sinks to his knees, clawing at his face, trying to detach the writhing snakes. But by now there are hundreds of them, slithering all over his body. Finally the snakes pull him down and he falls forward onto the ground, faceless and dead.

I stare in horror at the gruesome sight before me.

"G-Gemma," I stutter. "What are you doing?"

She shrugs and flicks her wrist. Instantly, the snakes disappear into the darkness of the corridor.

"Just making sure they know whose boss." She smiles sweetly at me, her hair lightly brushing her lips. She sheaths the light sabre and summons another creature. This time a great big moose arrives. Its antlers stretch out to either side of the corridor, and its large brown eyes gaze into Gemma's. And she strokes it softly.

"It's not what I was expecting, but a moose is okay, I guess." She says as she delicately swings herself into the saddle.

"So long Nina," She calls out over her shoulder as she rides out into the sunset that has just occurred. "I hope to meet you again another day. But for now, I have a country to rule."

She turns around and gallops into the horizon. Never to be seen again.

Just then Harrison comes running around the corner. He stares at the faceless body lying on the floor and all the people crouched awkwardly on the ground.

He looks at me. "Have I missed something?"

My head starts throbbing so I close my eyes and when I open them there is a white ceiling right in front of my face, a fluorescent light is in the middle of the ceiling and it hurts my eyes.

There is a pain resonating from the middle of my face and I can't feel the tip of my nose at the moment, I turn my head to see Harrison standing slightly confused next to a guilty looking Will and a very shocked Scott.

I turn my head to the other side and see Chloe, Annabelle, Belle, Jamie, Vince and Tony all looking very worried for me, like I might fall apart at any second.

"I hit the floor, didn't I?" I say in a blank mono-tone voice.

Everyone nods at me, Will is still standing there wringing his hands and biting his lip.

"So Tony didn't catch me and Gemma doesn't have a huge white horse or a light sabre? And Anastasia can't use a sword and there were no Anacondas anywhere?" I ask only to be met with many confused expressions and some suppressed smiles.

"Well that's what I think happened and I will stick to that story if you all don't mind!" I huff at them all, most of them laugh at my deciding huff.

I sit up and swing my legs off of the bed in one motion only to have my head pound in protest at the sudden movement.

With my feet firmly on the floor I grab the side of my head and try to stand slowly, only to have the room spin, I start falling forward again.

Three pairs of hands grab me on the way down so that this time I really don't hit the floor.

Chloe looks at me with a funny expression, "Your nose is broken, but it is okay, the school nurse re-aligned it while you were passed out, so your face will still look the same"

"Well" I mused "that's nice, so once all the bruising has gone my face will look the boring, just like before, no cool nose lump that people will ask 'oh, what happened to your nose?' So I can't tell them that whole cool story of how it happened. Damn!"

A few of the group laughed at my comment, I must be funny or something...

My gut makes a growling noise, my hand quickly slides up to meet it and my head shoots up.

"What's the time? My stomach seems to think its feeding time." I ask the group as we slowly make our way out of the nurse's office.

"Actually" says glancing at his watch "it is almost the end of lunch, we only have 10 minutes left"

"Well then" I muse "Charge!" I thrust my right fist into the air and take a few large sweeping steps forward, only to again be greeted be a fast approaching floor.

"Ow" I mumble into the floor, that made my face hurt a helluva lot, they are laughing at me!! How dare they "I can hear you laughing at me, falling on the floor didn't damage my fucking hearing!"

The giggling behind me subsides, mostly. I bring my hands up to my chest and try to push myself off of the floor to no avail.

Once again I am corrected into a standing position, but I am and being supported by Will on the left and Scott on the right.

"Alright slaves, to the canteen!" once again I thrust my fist into the air a move forward, but this time I don't fall over!

As we all walk into the canteen, there is conversation all over the room, people are laughing and the aura in the room is actually quite happy.

I wander over to the food with my two slaves under my arms, still holding me up.

"Nina" Will says beside me "I will pay for your lunch, anything you want"

Oh, an opportunity has arisen!

"Hmmm" my eyes scan over all the food, there is some pizza, doughnuts, pasta, sandwiches and a salad.

I point to each thing and tap my face.

"Well I don't like pizza and doughnuts are gross, the pasta looks okay, sandwiches are boring and eew salad. Buy me a pie, an apple one with lots of cinnamon! Now slave! I want a pie!" I shout the last bit and grin at Will, it makes my face hurt...

He half-heartedly smiles at me and turns to the lady behind the counter to get my pie.

He turns back towards Scott and me with his head down and a large piece of pie on a plastic plate in his hand, he is still all mopey looking.

I reach my free hand up to his head, going onto my tip-toes, and lightly smack the back of his head.

"Stop being mopey," I say sternly "it's bad for your health and you are making everyone else feel mopey, what's wrong?"

He looks up (it's actually down, but still, technically) at me and then drops his head to look at his shoes.

"I thought I had done real damage to you and I feel really bad, I could've killed you!" he says dramatically.

"Geez, dumbass, I am stronger than I look, don't under estimate me! Plus, how much would it have mattered if I had died, I mean come on. I have no parents and the man that raised me died 3 years ago."

"We would care, you're our friend now" Scott says softly.

I turned to him and scoff, "No, you really wouldn't"

"Sure we would!"

"Pshh" I scoff again "I highly doubt that, you might be a bit sad for a day or two but you would forget about me and then I would only be a handful of files on a computer and a memory in a few people's minds."

They glance at each other with worry in their eyes. I shrug them off, grab my plate from Will's hand and stumble off to the table everyone else has sat themselves at.

A few people give me funny looks as I weave through the tables and people-filled seats; maybe falling on face first into the floor made me super-duper beautiful and everyone is staring at be in awe.

Then again, it might just be the bruising...

Guess I'll find out when I look in a mirror next.

Hey, so umm... I haven't updated in like... a year and a half, nothing significant of drastic happened, I just didn't really feel like it, but all my friends at school were bugging me about updating and all my new friends want to know what happens next... so, I am now once again continuing!

I am now in year 10, so I do actually have to do homework now and so I'm not going to say I'll update every week, maybe every few weeks or maybe once a month. Pretty much whenever I can, really.

Thanks so much if you still even care, if you do get excited when this pops up in your feed, I love you even more!

So, until next time, TTFN! xx

~~ Mac~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 97.4K 66
Narrowly escaping an attack by wolves, Jaylin Maxwell is driven towards the alluring Quentin Bronx. Together, they unleash the beast inside Jaylin's...