College Life

By Xo_lee

Fantasy jones is most known for being a sweet, smart, beautiful, independent girl from a small country town... More

College Life
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 pt. 1
Chapter 13 pt 2
Chapter 14
Chapter 15 pt 1 [SHORT]
Chapter 15 pt 2
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Side note.
Chapter 21 (short)
Chapter 23
Author's note
Chapter 24
Chapter 25 (short)
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
By the way
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Side Note
Chapter 33

Chapter 22

2.5K 85 20
By Xo_lee

Hey guys exuse the spelling and grammar errors I'll fix them soon. I was just eager to post this. I kind of threw something together on this one, I hope it's as good. Click on picture above for Shaun. :)

Shaun POV

I looked at the crowd that was waiting for me outside the locker room. I placed my towel over my shoulder and put my duffle bag around my body. I had just got back from a workout with the team and already it was people wanting to know what was going on. I actually thought of speaking to the crowd and telling them what was going on until coach had called my name for me to meet him in his office. I said my goodbyes to my team mates and followed him back into the locker room I had just left out of.

I knew he was pissed. He had every reason to be. All this controversy about the shooting at the auditorium and now this? The basketball team was getting a bad name not to mention we have been slacking on performance with everyone on our ass. I sat down in front of coach's desk as he held his hands covering his face. It was easy to tell he was stressed out.

Coach: damn it Shaun, what the hell is going on? First I tired to keep my mouth shut about the auditorium and the shooting since everyone is asking me is it someone on the team. I tried to believe all of you when you guys said you had nothing to do with it. But now shit like this!

He said pointing to the muted tv that was on the news. Of course we were the main topic again and Rich's name was everywhere. I leaned back in the chair and took a deep breath.

Coach: this boy is my best player! If I needed anything from anyone on this team I went to Rich first. Now All of a sudden he kills a student?

I sat there offended but listened anyways. If anything I thought I was the best team player as I recall coach telling me before the season started. I looked at the tv once more and seen a mugshot of Rich and chuckled a bit.

Coach: you think this shit is funny? Do you know the faculty and staff is on my ass 24/7 now because of this? I can't defend you guys or babysit anymore! Without Rich we can't make it the rest of the season. I just can't believe he could kill somebody.

Me: well he actually- um.... Yeah I can't believe he would kill someone either.

I wouldn't consider Rich as my homeboy anymore considering what happened with us. Plus by the way he's been acting he deserved some shit like this. There was no way in hell I would admit to killing Trinity. Rich was going to pay back for every little thing he thought he could get away with.

Coach calmed down a little bit once he turned off the tv and looked at his stats on the computer. He sighed for the hundredth time and took a sip of his coffee.

Coach: I called you in because you were the closest to Rich. Did you know anything about this? Anything? You need to speak up now before the cops come up to me and accuse me.

I simply shook my head without thinking.

Coach: ok well how has everything been going? Anybody come up to you? Questions being asked,anything?

I got up out of my seat, irritated. I shrugged my shoulders and prepared to leave.

Me: coach I advise you to calm down. There won't be no reason for the cops to bombard us since they have found the girl's body and the murderer right?

Coach: For someone close to him, you damn sure aren't giving off any reaction.

He looked at me bewildered.

Me: if it was me who killed this innocent girl, I wouldn't want Rich feeling bad if I had to go to jail. I would do the time yunno.

I lied and left out the door without saying goodbye.

Fantasy POV

I grabbed my cheer bag and walked out of class without saying goodbye to any of my friends. I had already failed my online test which was unlike me and I slept through the whole lecture. Not to mention I was late to practice earlier this morning. Ever since Rich got arrested I had been feeling....empty. Some part of me wanted to believe that he actually didn't do any of this. I know my baby and he wouldn't hurt a soul unless he had too. And there would be no reason for him to kill Trinity right? As I was about to walk out the building I saw Shaun walking in.

He had the biggest smile on his face and appeared to be on the phone. Once we both locked eyes he ended his call and attempted to walk towards me until I sped up my pace. His strong hand gripped my arm making me jerk back and sling my body up against the wall. There was still anger in his eyes from the last time we had seen each other. His face didn't look too happy as he stared into my eyes. Unfortunately, we were the only ones on this hall.

Shaun: first you cut me with a knife, then you get your boyfriend, and now you're trying to hide from me? What happened to the Fantasy I used to know?

He said laughing which made me more uncomfortable.

Me: I-

Shaun: you what? You didn't expect Rich not being here to save you huh? Looks like your little body guard isn't here to protect you. Seems like he is pretty guilty himself.

Me: I told you I don't like you anymore. I'm happy with who I'm with now why can't you accept that and leave me alone?

Shaun: I have a question what makes you think you're going to see him again?

Me: he-he wouldn't kill anybody. I know that for a fact.

Shaun: I don't know if you've seen the news but the body was in his trunk. And we all know he was pissed when he found out Trinity cheated on him. There's your answer right there. Who else would it be?

I looked away from his face and thought. Even though I hated to admit it, he had a point. Everything added up but I just couldn't fathom how Rich would hurt anybody. Before I could answer his question Jamie walked into the hall.

Jamie: girl you said you would be out of class 20 minutes ago. Come on I left my car running. Wha- what the hell you doing with your hands on her?

Shaun: who the hell are you?

Jamie: don't worry bout who the fuck I am. You got 3 seconds to back up off her. I'm not scared to fight no nigga!

She said putting her purse on the floor. Shaun let go of me and stepped up to her. Jamie showed no hesitation as she looked dead in his eyes with her hands crossed.

Jamie: what's the matter you scared? Hit me. I grew fighting niggas this not nothing new baby boy.

Shaun: I don't got time for this shit.

He backed away from Jamie and blew me a kiss, leaving the both of us standing there with him walking down the hall. Jamie picked up her bag and walked over to me.

Jamie: girl what was he talking about? What happened to Rich?

Rich POV

I rested my head on the Stiff pillow that was on the bed. I looked up at the ceiling like I had been doing ever since I had got here. I hadn't ate or slept at all. It shocked me more than Trinity was dead rather than the fact someone had pinned it on me. Every time I tried to close my eyes and rest, I remembered her pale face and her blood stained clothes that was in the trunk of my car. After that, everything went blank. I don't know how I could get anyone on my side because the way shit was looking, I definitely looked like a murderer. I cursed to myself thinking about what my people thought back home. I couldn't have my parents thinking I'm out here killing bitches. I felt like pounding my fist in the wall. But the walls were made of brick so of course I didn't.

Officer: someone's here to see you. Make it quick because you don't have a lot of time.

I lifted my head a little and saw two guards standing by my cell. I got up and let them put the handcuffs on me and walked out, wondering who it could be. They walked me all the way to the meeting area where some others had came to visit people in here. I felt relieved to see Fantasy and Jamie sitting down at a table waiting on me. I walked over to the table and sat down.

Me: I'm so glad y'all are here.

I said looking at the both of them. I could tell Fantasy had been crying and could barely look me in my eyes. I didn't want to seem like some kind of monster but now that's what I was to everyone. I took her hand and placed it in mines to relax her a little bit.

Fantasy: Rich- what the hell is going on? Tell us the truth.

Me: I'm telling the truth I wouldn't take someone's life. Someone put that fucking body In my car! Once I find out who it is I might end up getting put back in here.

Jamie: do you have a clue who did it?

Me: only dudes I seen her associate with is her sorority sisters, Dalvin, and Shaun. It was probably Dalvin, that nigga is always up to no good.

Fantasy: Jamie and I are already looking further into it. I'm going to get you out of here.

Jamie: Fantasy go ahead and tell him what he did.

I looked over at Fantasy who seemed too scared to speak. Jamie had an attitude and decided to speak up for her.

Jamie: I know you don't want me saying anything but I got to girl. Rich, she ran into Shaun and he had her pinned against the wall to where she couldn't move. If I didn't come who knows what would have happened. See I should have pulled out this gun in my purse!

Fantasy: Jamie please put the gun back in your purse before the guards see it and you get in trouble.

With a dissapointed face, Jamie tucked it back into the bottom of her big yellow purse.

Me: HE WHAT?

I had yelled loud enough for the guard to come near me. I got out of my grip that the guard had on me  and I didn't look away from Fantasy's face. I really wanted to wipe the tears away for her but I couldn't cause of the handcuffs. I'm pretty sure my face was red by how mad I was and not being able to do anything about it made it worse. The guards were calling backup but I didn't care right now.

Fantasy: Rich just comply with them before you get into more mess.

She said in between tears.

Me: I'm not going no where until I get my answer. What did he do to you?

Fantasy: Rich it's just a little scar from when he pushed me to the wall. I'm fine I don't even feel it.

Me:fuck that this nigga had his hands on you?! I don't even want this nigga looking at you or breathing the same air as you. If this dude even walk past you Imma fuck him up. Baby I told you I got you.

Fantasy: Rich you can't do anything right now until you get out.

The guards kept tugging on me and trying to push me on the floor but I wouldn't move. Imma put her first before myself.

Me: baby, listen to me. If shit like this keeps happening, call Thomas.

Fantasy: For what?

Me: He knows about you ok? They let me make a call and I told him to watch after you because I knew Shaun was going to do some shit like this.

She nodded and I could tell she was scared by the way security guards were now crowding the room.

Fantasy: What if I can't get in contact with him?

Me: then I want you to go under my bed and reach for my shoe box and get my gun. If Thomas starts following you around then don't feel stalked. He just watching after you.

Thomas was big enough to look like someone's daddy. He was way taller than me and he had to lift every damn day. Just his appearance was scary.

Fantasy: okay... Rich please go now before they do something to you.

She pleaded. I turned my head at the old man who had a good grip on me but looked frightened at the same time.

Me: I can't show my girl some love?

I asked in defense. The guard rolled his eyes and let go of me a little. I stepped closer to Fantasy and gave her a light kiss on the forehead before I let them take me back to my cell.

Jamie: that's so cute! It's like I'm watching love and basketball. Well, love and jail

Jamie always said the wrong stuff at the wrong time. I turned around and let the guards walk me back to my cell.

Fantasy: wait! Rich?

The officer turned around once more and so did I.

Fantasy: I love you.

Me: I love you too.

Shaun POV

Ms.James was one of the worst counselors you could have. For one, she was too nosey. Two, she smelled like cigarettes. And three, she never did her actual job. She was like the annoying mom on the campus. Always wanting to know something she had no business of knowing. Right now I sat in her office after she had instructed me to visit her before one of my night classes. She was looking through files until she finally found mines and looked back up at me. Then she shook her head in dissapointment and held up a picture of Trinity. I then realized the file wasn't mines, it was Trinity.

Mrs.james: Rich, who also happens to be your teammate had the body of this girl in the trunk of his car. This young man is now being held hostage in jail and is awaiting trial to prove he's innocent and if he's not he's facing plenty of years in prison.

Me: I know this already.

Mrs.james: you think he killed her because of an incident they had when they broke up? Would you think this would be the cause of all this?

Me: what are you trying to be some detective? He probably killed her for a number of reasons.

Mrs.james: you knew this girl as well right? What relationship did you have with her?

Me: I... Barely knew her.

Mrs.james: barely knew her huh? What's your relationship with Rich then.

Me: I really don't hang with him like I use to. To be honest, I always knew that he was up to something. He had a strange vibe you know?

Mrs.james: oh really Mr.Hall? How would you describe yourself. You did anything that you were unproud of?

Me: don't we all do things we regret?

Mrs. James: of course and sometimes things go way too far. You think that's what happened with Rich?

Me:... What the hell are you talking about? I have a class to go to.

Mrs.james: As your counselor I know a lot. You're not as innocent as you may seem.

Me: excuse me?

Mrs.james: you killed her. You killed Trinity and took her body, placing it into his car.

I stood up and reached for my gun inside my pants. What the hell did she know about this?

Mrs.james: I sat in the parking lot in my car and watched you mr.Hall. I seen every bit of it. At first it didn't seem like a body, that's why I didn't say anything. But now the pieces are adding all together. I will report this to the police and-

Me: and what?

I said putting my pistol to the side of her head. I'll be damn if this creepy ass old lady get me locked up. I could have sworn nobody had seen me and I was sure that I was quiet. Mrs.James was so stiff she didn't move. I didn't want to kill her but she knew my secret. And I couldn't get locked up over her snooping around on me.

I cocked the trigger and then.....

( sorry this isn't one of my best chapters. Don't forget to vote and leave a comment! I like to hear what you guys think. Updating soon)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

289 14 9
Olivia Jones is a happily married woman; so we thought. Even though her husband gives her everything she desires. She still dreams of more. She decid...
5.4K 47 11
Sometimes all it takes is one girl to change a boy who plays the game of revolving women. That's what happens to Bucky Barnes in this story he meets...
464K 10.7K 43
Cecelia Anderson isn't just any girl. She's a quarterback and she's proud of it. Last years quarterback graduated and she's moving up. No more junior...
117K 3.3K 29
Scarlett Jones' greatest ambition has always been to go to college and become a writer. But coming from a family who struggles economically, can put...