Ravenclaw's Shadow

By xXMade2LoveXx

Aurelia Dunmore is in her fifth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Other than being a bit of... More

Teaser
Teaser #2
Teaser #3
Teaser #4
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74

Chapter 29

1.3K 50 5
By xXMade2LoveXx

By lunch on Friday I am strongly rethinking my whether or not thiswill be a good year. I have so much homework I can barely even thinkand only have two breaks a day. All of my classes are interesting,but very difficult. It makes it even harder when Fred and Georgebounce around with all their free time.

"Any plans for tomorrow?" Fred asks, passing the potato salad,"we could spend the day by the lake, enjoy the last of the warmweather."

"That sounds fantastic," Alicia says enthusiastically.

"You in, Aurie?" George asks, nudging me. I shake my head.

"I need to get my homework done," I say, rubbing my eyes, "Ihave at least four essays due next week."

"Come on, Aurelia," Georgiana says, "it'll be good torelax."

I shake my head, piling food into my mouth. Georgiana sighs at me.

"You do not need to go to the library during lunch times," shesays.

"I need to pick up a couple of books," I hastily wiping myface and shouldering my bag, "I'll see you all in defence."

I hurry up to the library, still feeling hungry. I'm actuallylooking forward to feeding tonight, the blood will help me focus.

I get to the library and pick up the books, stuffing them into myalready full bag, and then head down to defence. Professor Moody hasmade an impression on us already, telling us about the UnforgivableCurses and the dark wizards he's caught. Everyone seems to be veryafraid and very impressed by him.

The Gryffindors and Georgiana are already outside the classroomwhen I arrive, just after the bell.

"Some of the sixth years were saying that Moody used theImperius curse on them," Georgiana says as I reach them,"apparently he's trying to teach us how to throw it off."

I feel a sense of dread settle over me. If Moody tries to use thaton me it won't work. He already knows I'm a vampire, of course, butthere will be a whole classroom of people who will get quite a shockwhen the spell simply washes over me.

In the past when we've been doing practical spell practice, theteachers have let me know before hand and have excused me from thelesson. I stand close to Georgiana, trembling with nerves. Moodyarrives, the clunk of his leg announcing his presence. We follow himinto the classroom in silence. The desks and chairs are all pushedback, leaving a big open space in the middle of the room.

"Right, today I'm going to be using the Imperius curse on youall," Moody growls, "your job will be to try to fight it off. Idon't expect any of you to do it first go. Right, who wants to gofirst?"

Nobody raises their hand. A couple of people shy back behind theirfriends. Moody grins.

"Looks like I'll get to pick."

We watch our classmates trying to fight the curse off one by one.Moody makes them jump around the room or jump over desks and chairs.Nobody makes any progress. I'm trying my hardest to disappear behindthe twins.

"You, behind the Weasleys."

I poke my head out from behind George.

"Me?" I squeak.

"Yes, you," Moody growls, "your turn."

I move into the middle of the classroom. Chrissie and Jessica aregiggling at me already. I swallow hard. Moody raises his wand and Iclose my eyes, fear gripping me.

"Oh! Professor!"

My eyes snap open and I see Georgiana with blood pouring down herface.

"What happened?" I exclaim, rushing over to her as she triesto stem the flow with her robes.

"Take her to the hospital," Moody says. Concerned, I hurryGeorgiana out of the room. Once we're around a corner she stops andtaps her nose with her wand, stopping the blood immediately.

"What was that?" I ask her, shocked.

"We couldn't let your secret get out," she says, wiping herface on her sleeve.

"You did that on purpose? For me?"

She nods, grinning.

"Come on, I want to change robes before Transfiguration," shesays.

Magical Theory ends and I sigh in relief. I stretch and head up toRavenclaw tower to get my broom. Georgiana is lying on her bed, booksspread in front of her.

"Finished?" she asks as I come in, "good, you can help mewith this Arithmancy."

"I can't, tonight is blood night," I tell her, taking my robesoff and changing into trousers, "how about tomorrow?"

"It's a date," she says, closing the books, "have fun."

"Uh huh, you too," I grin, heading out.

I'm practically skipping as I head up to the Astronomy tower.

"Aurelia!"

"George!" I jump as he catches up to me, "hi, what're youdoing?"

"Uh, nothing," he says shiftily, "have you finished class?"

"Uh..."

"And why've you got your broom?"

"Umm..."

"Aurie," he laughs, "is there something you need to tellme?"

"Probably," I say, forcing a laugh, "but right now, no. Ijust... Have to go."

A frown pulls his eyebrows down and he looks at me, puzzled.

"It's just this... Health condition I have," I tell him, "Ineed to go and get... Treatment every Friday."

George is looking very much concerned, so I force a laugh andshake my head.

"I'm kidding," I tell him, "I just have a practical classnow."

"Oh," George laughs, "when will you get back?"

"No idea," I shrug, "but I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

He leans down and kisses me lightly.

"See you tomorrow!" he calls as he walks away. I watch afterhim and sigh. I wish I had some time to spend with him.

Ah well, blood time.

Georgiana wakes me the next morning and I sit up, yawning.

"Come on, breakfast," she says. I rub my eyes.

"I don't need food," I say, flopping back down, "you go andeat and wake me up when you're done."

"Okay..."

I snuggle back down into my warm bed and close my eyes. I feelmyself drifting between sleep and wakefulness and hope I can justfall asleep. Something is playing on my mind, something I'veforgotten.

"George," I mutter, half asleep. Regretfully, I pull myselfout of sleep and crawl out of bed. I dress and stumble downstairs,still half asleep. I walk into the Great Hall and sit down besidehim, yawning.

"Morning," he says.

"Mm," I mutter, leaning against him.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed," Alicia sayslightly.

"Not sure about the 'woke up' part," Fred says, poking me onthe cheek.

"Let's go for a walk outside," George says, looping his armaround my waist. We go and sit outside near the lake and he lays myhead in his lap, playing with my hair. I nuzzle into his leg and fallasleep again.

I wake up in agonising pain. George has fallen asleep too. I lookup at the sky, the sun has moved halfway across it. All my exposedskin has blistered and is red and raw. I stand up slowly, whimpering.I know I should wake George, but he can't see me like this. I needwater. I take a deep breath and dive into the lake. The water is cooland eases the burning, but my skin is still stinging. I swim out intothe lake and float a few feet under the surface. I know that my skinwill heal quickly, especially as I fed last night, but it's stillgoing to take a couple of days. Still, if I can stay in the lake fora while then I might be able to pass it off as bad sunburn.

I groan inwardly as I remember my promise to Georgiana that wewould do our Arithmancy homework together today. We'll have to do ittomorrow, or later tonight.

A little while I drag myself out of the lake. George isn't thereany more, so I assume he's woken up and gone back to the castle. Iexamine my skin. The blisters have gone, leaving small, red sores.It's still bad looking, but better. I'm glad I didn't wear shorts.

I stagger up to Ravenclaw tower and find Georgiana in thedormitory. At first she gives me a disappointed look, but it changedquickly to shock when she sees me.

"What happened?" she asks.

"Too long in the sun," I say, examining my face in the mirror,"had to soak in the lake."

"You need to see the nurse," Georgiana says adamantly.

Despite my protests, Georgiana marches me down to see MadamePomfrey who tuts and smears thick, orange paste over my arms, faceand neck. While she's doing this Georgiana goes up to the dormitoryand gets our books.

"How does it feel now?" she asks as we sit on the bed.

"Sore and hot," I mutter, "ugh..."

"Here, distract yourself and explain this to me," she says,opening the textbook.

Just before dinner we return to Ravenclaw tower so that I can washthe orange paste off. It's sped up the healing process even more, butmy skin is still clearly very burnt. When we go down to dinner, theGryffindors are there, George looking very pink as well.

"Sorry about ditching you earlier," I tell him, "sensitiveskin, really burnt."

"I can see," he says, carefully taking one of my hands, "thislooks really sore."

"You have no idea," I mutter. Georgiana catches my eye andgives me a sympathetic look.

Gradually we all fall into the pattern of school again.Admittedly, I struggle more than the others due to have double ormore hours of classes a week as well as feedings, but by late OctoberI'm still on top of things and, despite being nearly constantlystressed, I've even managed to spend some quality one on one timewith George.

"Beauxbatons and Durmstrang arrive today," Angelina says,sliding into the seat next to me at lunch, "classes are cancelledthis afternoon, you'll get to have three meals in one day!"

"I know, I don't know if I can handle it," I laugh. Georgearrives and sits across from me, throwing me a wink.

"What do you think we'll be covering in Defence today?" heasks.

"Probably more non-verbal spells," I say, trying to find asandwich that doesn't have meat on it.

"I just cannot get the hang of that," Alicia sighs.

"More importantly, are we doing a party tonight?" Lee asks,"to welcome the new students?"

"I'm up for it," Fred agrees readily, "sixth and seventhyears, plus the two new schools, yes?"

"I'm in," George says, "we can get food and drinks afterdinner."

"Girls?" Lee looks around at us.

"Yep!" Angelina says while Alicia nods.

"Why not?" Georgiana says. Everyone turns to look at me.

"Um..."

"Come on, Aurie," Georgiana presses.

"I guess so," I nod. I can probably find a time to sneak outand go hunting, or I can go after the party.

"Let's get to class then," Alicia says, "before you canchange your mind."

Transfiguration ends early and Georgiana and I take our things upto Ravenclaw tower before going down to the Entrance Hall for thearrival of the other schools.

"Georgiana, over here!" Fred calls. We wiggle our way throughthe crowd and join the Gryffindors.

"How do you think they're arriving?" Alicia asks.

"By the train, maybe?"

We huddle together against the cold and wait, occasionally askingeach other the time.

"Oh!"

Someone shouts and points up at the sky.

"What is it?"

"A dragon!"

"Don't be stupid!"

We watch as a huge carriage drawn by enormous horses lands on thelawn in front of us. The students spill out onto the grass, lead byan enormous woman who approaches Dumbledore. We make way for them togo inside and wait for Durmstrang.

"I'm freezing," Angelina mutters, "I hope they hurry up."

"THE LAKE!"

"What is that?" I murmur as a whirlpool appears in the middleof the lake. Gradually, a huge ship appears and a group of figuresmake their way up towards us.

"It's Krum," someone says.

"Krum? The Krum?"

"Oh my God!"

"KRUM!"

The school filters into the Great Hall after them. Georgiana and Ihave to sit at the Ravenclaw table, so we bid the Gryffindors goodbyeand take our places. Beauxbatons and Durmstrang are hovering aroundthe edges of the Hall, looking uncertain. Eventually, the Beauxbatongirls move toward the Hufflepuff table and sit down.

"Excuse me."

I look around and see Krum stand right behind me, a scowl on hisface.

"You are Vasily's cousin?" he asks, "ve met at the VorldCup."

"Yeah," I nod, a little nervously. He nods and motions to theseat next to me.

"May I?"

"Of course."

The rest of the Durmstrang boys join us too, removing their heavyfurs. Nearly everyone is staring in awe at Krum, but he doesn't seemto notice. Or maybe he's just really good at ignoring it.

"So, um, we were thinking of throwing a party tonight," I tellhim, "you know, to welcome you guys and the Beauxbaton girls. Wouldyou like to come?"

"Ve vould like that very much," Krum says, inclining his head,"ve vill have to ask our headmaster."

"I-"

"So, Krum," a boy on the other side says, cutting in, "canyou tell us the plan for next year's team?"

After the feast I find the Gryffindors and we talk about the partysome more. I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn to see Krum.

"Vhere and vhat time is de party?" he asks.

"Ten," George interjects, "sixth floor. Someone will meetyou in the Entrance Hall and bring you up."

Krum nods and follows his peers out of the Hall.

"How did you get so friendly with him?" Angelina asks in awe.

"My cousin is Vasily Dimitrov," I say, "I met him after theWorld Cup."

"You never told us that!"

"Shut up," Fred says quickly, "someone has to ask theBeauxbaton girls."

"Not me," I say, "I got the Durmstrang boys in. Plus, theyall look snooty."

"Lee, you do it," Angelina says, giving him a push.

"Why me?!"

"Because you think you're such a ladies man," she says, "so,go on."

"No, one of the girls shou-"

"Oh, I'll do it," Georgiana interrupts. We watch as she walksover to one of the girls and talks with her for a few moments. Thegirl nods eagerly and turns to talk to her friends. Georgiana walksback over and grins.

"Easy as pie," she says, "now, come on! Let's go get ready!"

We leave the boys to get food and drinks and go up to Gryffindortower with Angelina and Alicia, since they have their dormitory allto themselves.

"I want to wear this," Alicia says as soon as we get there,picking up a short, sparkly, red dress.

"Find," Angelina says, digging into her wardrobe, "here,Aurelia, put this on."

She throws me a pale blue dress. I change into it and look in themirror. It is way too short.

"Have you got leggings?" I ask, trying to pull it down.

"Wow, that's short," Alicia says, "she's way taller thanyou, Ange."

"Yeah, give that one to Georgiana," Angelina says, "try thisone."

She gives me a purple velvet dress with black lace cut outs. I putit on and look in the mirror. It's beautiful. It feels soft againstmy skin and shows just a little skin through the lace while keepingall the important bits covered.

Alicia dusts some black shadow over my eyelids and fills in mybrows with a black pencil.

"Okay, should we go dark or light with the lips?" she asks,standing back and looking at me.

"I don't know," Angelina says, tilting her head to the side,"if you go too light she'll look like a corpse, but if you go toodark she'll look like a vampire."

"Neither of those sounds nice," I say drily.

"Go bright red," Georgiana says, "she'll look a bitvampire-y, but it'll be sexy."

Angelina throws a tube to Alicia who applies it to my lips. Istand up and look in the mirror. I look exactly how my mother hasalways wanted me to look. And it looks good.

When we're all ready we head down to the room of requirement.There are a few people there already, milling around and chatting.Fred goes down to bring the Durmstrang and Beauxbatons students up.George turns on the music and turns off the lights. When the foreignstudents arrive the room seems fuller. Everyone is relaxed andchatty.

"So, we bought some firewhiskey," George says quietly to us,"anyone interested?"

"Yeah!" Georgiana giggles, "I've always wanted to try it!"

George pulls the bottle from his coat and opens it, taking a swig.He passes it around the circle and eventually it reaches me. I try topass it back to George.

"Go on, try some!" Alicia says.

"Yeah, go on!"

"She won't, she's such a party pooper," Georgiana giggles.

"Come on, Aurie, loosen up," George says.

"No, thanks," I say, holding the bottle out to him, but hedoesn't take it.

"More for me!" Georgiana laughs, taking the bottle. Betweenthem all they quickly finish it, laughing and giggling. I stand alittle apart from them, feeling left out. I watch them all dancingtogether for a couple of minutes, then turn to leave.

"Aurie, where're you going?" Georgiana calls, her wordsslurring.

"Um, I just feel a little tired," I shrug, folding my arms.

"Oh, God," she rolls her eyes, "you're probably going tostudy. Do you ever do anything else?"

I look down at my shoes, unsure what to say.

"Forget study," George says, taking my hand and trying to pullme over to them, "who cares about it anyway?"

"I do," I say quietly, wiggling my hand away from him.

"God, you're so boring sometimes," Georgiana says.

"Come on," George says, grabbing my arm again, "come anddance."

"No, George-"

"Come on!"

"George, stop it, you're hurting me!"

"Hey, let her go!" Lucas steps in between George and I.

"Get out of it, Lucas," George says, pushing his shoulder.

"Calm down," Lucas says calmly, "why don't you just let herbe."

"Why don't you mind your own business," George snaps.

"Lucas, leave it," I say quietly, "come on."

I walk quickly out of the room with Lucas.

"Are you okay?" he asks, taking my wrist, "that looks sore."

"It's fine," I say.

"What was with them?" Lucas asks, anger tinting his tone.

"They were drinking, that's all," I say, cradling my wrist.

We walk in silence up to Ravenclaw tower. I can feel tears brewinginside me. We reach the common room and pause.

"You should put some ice on that," Lucas says.

"It'll be fine," I say again, "thanks."

"No problem, goodnight."

I go up to the dormitory and crawl into bed to cry.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

349K 17.9K 39
all she wished was a pinch of happiness... But Arnav was her crusader ..He married for revenge...for vengeance he destroyed her life,he forcefully m...
592K 31.6K 34
Nancy Pang doesn't have a clue what love is. All she knows is that it's not going to help her win the Junior Mathematics Tournament, or get her into...
1K 43 4
He can't get attached or he will become obsessed She hides how she truly feels no one knows she's Depressed Depression and obsessed Will it be the...
5.8K 215 78
OC story about Harry Potter's magical cousin Maya Dursley, who ends up in Slytherin and quickly becomes friends with, you guessed it, Draco Malfoy. S...