The Lost Princess of Asgard

By marvel-ous

You've all heard the stories of Thor...or Loki, but you've never heard mine. My name is Astryd Odindittir. I... More

Prologue.
Part I : Chapter I
Part I : Chapter II
Part I : Chapter III
Part I : Chapter IV
Part I : Chapter V
Part I : Chapter VI
Part I : Chapter VII
Part I : Chapter VIII
Part I : Chapter IX
Part I : Chapter X
Part I : Chapter XI
Part I : Chapter XII
.intermission.
Part II : Chapter XIII
Part II : Chapter XIV
Part II : Chapter XV
Part II : Chapter XVI
Part II : Chapter XVII
Part II : Chapter XIX
Part II : Chapter XX
Part II : Chapter XXI
Part II : Chapter XXII
Part II : Chapter XXIII
Part II : Chapter XXIV
Part II : Chapter XXV
Part II : Chapter XXVI
Part II : Chapter XXVII
Part II : Chapter XXVIII
Part II : Chapter XXIX
Part II : Chapter XXX
Part II : Chapter XXXI
Part II : Chapter XXXII
Part II : Chapter XXXIII
Part II : Chapter XXXIV
Part II : Chapter XXXV
Part II : Chapter XXXVI
Author's Note

Part II : Chapter XVIII

17.8K 551 165
By marvel-ous

Part Two. Chapter Eighteen.

Astryd's Mission. 

                    Two familiar black ravens flew above my head as Steve and I both stood at the foot of the entrance of the hover craft. I glanced up, smiling at the birds that I’ve grown to know and love. Fury wanted us to get to S.H.I.E.L.D’s helicarrier as soon as possible to meet the others, and he opposed to my way of traveling. He's still a bit reluctant when it comes to my powers. I stepped forward, and when I noticed Steve hadn’t followed, I glanced back. “What’s wrong?”

                “Nothing,” he lied, walking up to meet me. Not wanting to question him further, we both walked into the hover craft, the door closing behind us.

                “Agent Selvig and Captain Rogers,” Phil Coulson greeted with a smile, beaming at the sight of Steve. I hid my smile. This was Agent Coulson’s first time meeting Steve, and I know just how much of a fan he is.

                “Where were you yesterday? I went out to look for you, but found you gone.” I wondered, walking up to greet Phil with an appropriate handshake. He took my hand, and suddenly he pulled me into a hug.

                “I was there.” He replied softly. I dug my head into his chest, feeling the tears come back up again. He was there. He got to see Erik before… I didn’t even dare to finish that sentence. I know Erik is alive; I feel it. The scary thing is not knowing where he is and if he is alright. It didn’t help me at all that we had a small argument before he left, too. “I’m sorry, Astryd.”

                I pulled away, hastily wiping at my eyes and nodding. Now is not the time to be vulnerable.

                “You’re not alone.” He reminded, sending me a reassuring look.

                I smiled half-heartedly. Agent Coulson then turned his attention to Steve who stood back respectively during our moment. He straightened up before outstretching his hand towards Steve. “It’s nice to meet you, Captain. I’m Agent Coulson, but you can call me Phil.”

                Steve took his hand and shook it. “Likewise.”

                Phil then excused himself and walked up to the pilot, beginning a conversation with him. I turned to Steve, catching him as his eyes wandered around the helicarrier. His gaze finally landed on me and a small blush crept on his cheeks. I raised an eyebrow, curiously.

                “I’m still not used to this high tech stuff.” He explained sheepishly.

                “It took me time to get used to it too. You should’ve seen my face when I first rode in a car, I was awestruck.” I replied reassuringly.

                “How do you always know what to say?” He wondered out loud, a small smile forming onto his face. I lightly laughed and smiled at him back. I honestly didn’t ever think he’d say something like that.

                “I just do,” I said nonchalantly, shrugging my shoulders. I took a seat and Steve followed, sitting right next to me. I slipped a heavy looking book of Asgardian Tales out of my bag and opened it to the spot I had left off on.  A hand blocked the words from my vision, and I glanced up to see it was Steve’s. He gently closed the book and slipped it back into my bag. “Yes?”

                “Take a break, Princess.”

                “I haven’t even started,” I defended, preventing a smile from forming onto my face.

                “Even better.”

         We both sat together, telling each other jokes and having pointless arguments since he didn't want me reading, not when he had the chance to talk to me. (Those were his words, not mine.) Steve stood up, standing right in front of me, claiming that he was tired of sitting. All our joking and playfulness came to a stop as soon as Agent Coulson stepped back into view, reminding us that this was no time to be joking around. Phil leaned against the small wall that covered the pilot from the seats, glancing at the both of us.

                Steve cleared his throat. “So this Dr. Banner was trying to replicate the serum they used on me?”

                “A lot of people were,” Phil confessed. “You were the world’s first super hero. Banner thought gamma radiation might hold the key to unlocking Erksmes original formula.”

                “Didn’t really go his way, did it?”

                “Not so much. When he’s not that thing, though, the guy’s like a Stephen Hawking.”

                “Thing?” I questioned, raising an eyebrow. I knew of Dr. Banner’s unfortunate radiation exposure and of what he becomes when angered. I wouldn’t call that side of him a ‘thing’ though. It sounds a bit rude, but I know Phil didn’t mean it that way. Steve and I exchanged a puzzled look before glancing back at Phil. Who is Stephen Hawking?

                “He’s like a smart person,” Phil explained.

                “Like Erik,” I murmured absent mindedly. Phil nodded glumly and I plastered a fake smile on my face, not wanting to go there again. Although, I don’t think my fake smile was fooling Steve from the look he just sent me.

                “I gotta say it’s an honor to meet you officially,” Phil began and Steve smiled. “I’ve sort of met you. I mean, I watched you while you were sleeping.”

                Steve’s smile faded. His expression was a mixture between puzzled and awkward, causing small tension to build up. Even I sent Phil an awkward glance. “I mean, I was present…While you were unconscious from the ice.” Phil immediately said, trying to recover himself from that awkward sentence.

                Steve inched a bit closer to me, furthering himself away from Phil.

                “You know it’s really a huge honor.” Phil commented, not getting the message and stepping closer to Steve. “To have you on board this…,”

                Okay, that’s enough. I can’t take it anymore. If he says one more thing, I will explode into laughter. Coulson was making a bit of a fool of himself, but I can’t blame him. Steve is his childhood idol. If I met the super hero that I’d been collecting cards of ever since I could remember, I would be freaking out as well. “In other words, he’s a big fan of yours.” I said, hoping Phil would stop. At least for now, I hope.

                “I just hope I’m the man for the job.” Steve spoke honestly.

                “Oh, you are absolutely.” Phil immediately said.

                I burst into laughter then.

**

                A yellow dim light lit up the room. The dirt floor and concrete walls only added more eeriness to the secret lab that was well obscured with it being underground. No one knew about it, except for the scientists and agents that were manipulated under a spell.

                Loki watched, a smug expression on his face. It wasn’t long before he was pulled away from the scene and into a whole different realm by one of the masterminds behind it all. Loki stiffed as the atmosphere around him morphed into a cold, unwelcoming one.

                “The Chituari grow restless.” The Other spoke.

                Loki made himself appear, in his formal Asgardian armor. His back was turned to the Other. “I will lead them in the glorious battle.”

                “Battle? Against the meager might of Earth?’ The Other questioned.

                “Glorious not lengthy.  If your force is as formidable as you claim...” Loki trailed off, stopping in his tracks.

                The Other’s head snapped and he tightly gripped onto a boulder, sticking his head towards Loki. There was no doubt in Loki’s mind that the Other was furious. He had pushed his buttons. “You question us? You question him, he who put the scepter in your hand? Who gave you ancient knowledge and new purpose, when you were cast out, defeated?”

                “I was a king,” Loki snapped. “The rightful king of Asgard…betrayed.”

                “Your ambition is little and of childish need. If we had your sister, Astryd, perhaps then things would’ve gone smoother. She would’ve been much more use to us than you’d ever be. She understands the tesseract. We look beyond the Earth to the greater worlds the tesseract will unveil.” The Other snarled.

                “You don’t have her and you don’t have the tesseract yet,” Loki said a hint of teasing in his voice. When in reality, the Other’s words stung. He’s always the second choice…

                The Other growled viciously. Loki had pushed another button, and he couldn’t help but be satisfied at the fact. In a matter of seconds, the Other stood right in front of Loki, his face overwhelming Loki a bit.

                “I don’t threaten, but until I open the doors, until your force is mine to command, you are but words.” Loki stated.

                “You will have you war, Asgardian.” The Other said, almost threatening Loki with a hint of double meaning to his words. “If you fail, if the tesseract is kept from us, there will be no realm, no barren moon, no crevice where he cannot find you. You think you know pain? He will make you long for something sweet as pain.”

                As soon as those words were spoken, the Other smacked Loki right upside the head, sending his mind back into reality, to Midgard.

“Put it over there.” Erik said, ordering around Loki’s other minions. He then paused to glance up at Agent Clint Barton with a smile. “Where did you find all these people?”

“S.H.I.E.L.D has no shortage of enemies, Doctor.” Hawkeye replied as Loki silently watched the two interact from afar. “Is this the stuff you need?” Clint asks, showing Erik a tablet with information about a certain man on it.

“Yeah, iridium. It’s found in meteorites. It forms anti-protons. It’s very hard to get hold of.”

“Especially if S.H.I.E.L.D knows you need it.”

“Well, I didn’t know.” Erik said, holding out his arms. Erik then grinned, spotting Loki walking towards them.  Loki had heard the small conversation between the two and had come up with an important decision. He knew that Astryd could be the key to his victory, but he also knows that she’s with S.H.I.E.L.D. If he can’t get to her, then he’ll make her come to him…

“Hey! The tesseract has shown me so much. It’s more than knowledge. It’s truth. It’s a shame I had to find out myself instead of Astryd telling me so.” Erik greeted.

“I know.” Loki grinned, trying not to be fazed at the mention of Astryd. He turned to Hawkeye, his grin widening –if that was even possible-, remembering just how important Barton was to S.H.I.E.L.D.“What did it show you, Agent Barton?”

“My next target.” Barton replied automatically.

“Tell me what you need.”

**

                Steve, Bruce, and I followed Natasha into the main control room. Agents were seated in front of their computers, monitoring everything. Again, Steve’s eyes wandered about in wonder. Walking up towards Fury, he took out a ten dollar bill from his wallet and handed it to Fury. I playfully rolled my eyes at the scene. Director Fury finally turned around, his attention towards Bruce who I just had the honor of introducing myself to.

                He’s a very strange, collected man. A bit too calm and serene for my liking, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. Not to mention he seems a bit lost at times –much like Steve,- and messes around with his hands a lot. Overall, he’s a great guy to meet.

                “Thank you for coming, Doctor.”

                “Thanks for asking nicely.” Bruce replied. He walked up to Fury and shook his hand before clasping them together, as if there was a stress ball between his hands. “So, um, how long am I staying?”

“Once we get our hands on the Tesseract, you’re in the wind.” Fury reassured.

“Where are you with that?”

Fury pointed to Coulson.

 “We’re sweeping every wirelessly accessible camera on the planet. Cell phones, laptops. If it’s connected to a satellite, its eyes and ears for us. And if that’s not enough for you, we have our own personal mini-tesseract standing next to you.” Phil explained, glancing towards me.

Bruce glanced at me confused. I sighed, hating explaining this part about myself. Yes, I had power but that didn’t mean I liked to use it. “I harness some of the tesseract’s power. It’s a long story, Fury might tell you of it later.”

“That’s still not gonna find them in time.” Natasha commented, staring hard at me, making it known that she wants me to use my power to their advantage. To my dismay, all eyes turned to me. How splendid…

“She’s right. From what I’ve collected, I know he knows where I am, but he’s not making any move. He wants me to find him; he knows I can.” I said, finally agreeing to use my powers. Natasha sent me a look that clearly read, ‘it’s about time.’

 I closed my eyes, picturing everything about Loki and calling the powers of the tesseract to locate him. A faint image appeared of him into my mind. His black hair was slicked back, his eyes now a bright blue, and he wore a nice, elegant suit. I opened my eyes. “Stuttgart, Germany. 28 Konigstrasse.”

Natasha smiled. “Alright, let’s go to Germany.”

“How are you so sure?” Fury demanded, staring into my eyes. Bruce watched us silently, curious to know the answer while Steve sent Fury an incredulous look.

“She found me using her powers, didn’t she?” Steve reasoned.

A computer began to beep consistently, bring everyone’s attention –including mine-, to it. I smiled, knowingly. The Agent who had been sitting in front of the computer turned to Fury alarmed. “We got a hit. A sixty-seven percent match.”

“Wait. Cross match. Seventy-nine percent.” I corrected as I watched the percentage increase on the screen.

“Location?” Phil asked, walking up to the Agent and I.

“Stuttgart, Germany. 28 Konigstrasse. He’s not exactly hiding.” The Agent replied.

I shot Fury an ‘I told you so' look, and opened my mouth to tell him but stopped myself. Now isn’t the time. I could feel Bruce’s curious yet impressed gaze on me, noticing the small tension between Fury and I.

He always questions my powers to only be hit in the face with them. I can only guess that he fears that I'll lose control every time I use them. My attention flew back to the screen as a view of the location in Germany popped up. My heart then skipped a beat as an image of Loki appeared onto the screen. It was the same image that had projected itself inside my head moments ago.

“Captain, Astryd, you’re up.” Fury ordered, ignoring the fact that I was right and he wasn’t. Steve and I both exchanged a look, grinning at each other. I was both excited and anxious for two reasons. One, this was my first mission and I had the chance to share it with Steve. Two, I was finally going to see Loki again.

 I turned back to Fury, nodding to him in agreement. Steve turned; ready to get suited up for the mission. I followed after him, ready to change into a more appropriate choice of clothing for the occasion. I stopped midway. “Fury?” I called out over my shoulder.

“Yes?” He hesitantly replied.

“I told you so.”

A/N: Eeeep, they're going on a mission! What are your thoughts on this chapter. What do you think Astryd will do when she sees Loki? Will it be a happy reunion? Next chapter takes place during the whole Germany scene & that's when Astryd & Tony will meet. How do you think that will go? Please leaves your thoughts below! I'm curious to know...haha, (;

Want to know something weird yet funny about Thor & Loki? Thor once dressed up as a bride & Loki as his bridesmaid in order to retrieve mjolnir back from the king of giants, Thrymr, who somehow stole it from Thor. haha, I just felt like sharing that with you guys, because...just imagining THOR in a bride gown & Loki in a DRESS is hilarious!

Also, do you guys have any song recommendations? ones that you think go along with this story? If you do, please leave them below in the comments!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.1K 729 25
Thank you so much for #3 in #buckyxreader and #6 in #asgard Please be sure to read the second book in this series! It's a bit shorter but I'm sure yo...
19.1K 521 30
Your friend had a car accident and after that you meet the god of misschief. You learn that you're a lost Asgardian and that they need you more than...
19.8K 423 19
Thank you for more than 15K reads! This young lady has been through a lot but she doesn't even remember all of it, but she didn't waste her life at a...
149K 5.1K 27
D-84, a H.Y.D.R.A. assassin, works alone. Loneliness is normal for her. At least, until she meets the person who will change her life for good. Loki...