Demon(#Wattys2017 Entry)

By TimmyLail

Black Griffin. A mercenary company well known for their efficient tactics and dominance of war. The Sile... More

Names/Terms In The Story
Chapter 1:Army of Sawaln
Chapter 2:Griffin Strikes
Chapter 3:Why must I cry?
Chapter 4:The Mark
Chapter 5:The Cost of Tears
Chapter 6:Home
Chapter 7:Clouded Vengeance
Chapter 8:Sharp Horns
Chapter 9:Escort
Chapter 10:Stone
Chapter 11:Fake
Chapter 12:Why?
Chapter 13:What am I?
Chapter 14:Triple Dragon
Chapter 15:Vizier
Chapter 16:Aurega Pride
Chapter 17:Crossed Swords
Chapter 19:Lost Innocence
Chapter 20:Scars
Chapter 21:Vas'Tirren
Chapter 22:Gates of Tirren
Chapter 23:Manacast
Chapter 24:Stealth
Chapter 25:Charge
Chapter 26:Trapped
Chapter 27:Sire
Chapter 28:Shade
Chapter 29:Twisted Mirror
Chapter 30:Shared Taint
Chapter 31:Magilles
Chapter 32:Barrier
Chapter 33:Giles
Chapter 34:Break
Chapter 35:War's End
Chapter 36:Departure
Chapter 37:Borderline
Chapter 38:Forward
Chapter 39:Reba
Chapter 40:Search
Chapter 41:Lost
Chapter 42:Balance
Chapter 43:Vengeance
Chapter 44:Unliving
Chapter 45:I'm Sorry
Chapter 46:Rest?
Chapter 47: Ma
Chapter 48: Nrevac
Chapter 49: Raided
Chapter 50: Be gone
Chapter 51: Eyes
Chapter 52: Swordsman
Chapter 53: Slaughter
Chapter 54: Hands
Chapter 55: Revelation
Chapter 56: Devastated
Chapter 57:Scared
Chapter 58: Nuisance
Chapter 59: Greed
Chapter 60:Plagued
Chapter 61: Broken Heart
Chapter 62: Pearl
Chapter 63: Descent
Chapter 64: Burned
Chapter 65: Panic

Chapter 18:T.H.A.R.S.O.O.C.

35 7 3
By TimmyLail

Vizier looked over the men before him. Many were worn, wounded, and sullen. This was what remained of the force Valga had brought to attack them. At the front were two commanders. On the left was Vodrai, standing there attentively, trying to look distinguished despite the way she had been defeated.

On the right was Vikram who, surprisingly enough, had only passed out earlier, and not perished as Reba had believed. He had surrendered, grinning, until news of Valga's death reached him. He had glared and snarled at any around him, and Vodrai made sure to keep her distance. Vizier nodded to the group, calling for their attention.

"You once served a man named Valga, and he has now perished. He left no heir, and so, his lands will be passed on to someone selected by the council." There was muttering among the men, until Vizier raised a hand."Now, normally, if a candidate can be selected quickly, that person is chosen. I happen to have such a candidate, who will likely become your next noble."

He looked at Vodrai."Were you sincere earlier, when you said you wanted to make changes in the republic?"

She blinked."Um...y-yes sir, everything I told you was true." She said.

He smiled."Do not call me sir then. Before these witnesses, I officially name you candidate for all of Lord Valga's former titles." There was great cheering from all of the gathered soldiers....all except for one,

Vikram growled."Bah! You're all idiots! The lord is barely in the ground, and here you are talking about his replacement! You were his soldiers, curse it all! We should kill this fool and avenge him!"

Vizier nodded."You are, of course, welcome to try. Bear in mind, however, that any such action would result in you and all who join you becoming outlaws, should you even survive."

Vikram scoffed."As if I-"

"And remember also-" Vizier continued."-That that is a sword which cuts both ways. You would disregard our laws, and be afforded no protection by them. I happen to know one man who would be overjoyed by that."

Vikram glared, holding out a hand to the large wall of stone behind Vizier."Let him come! I-"The wall cracked, a few pebbles falling to the ground around them. He blinked."What the....I didn't do that!"

He was suddenly aware of the tall man walking towards them, his hand on the wall, creating small cracks with his fingertips. He smiled."So...you're the man who's been trained up to kill me, hmm?"

He laughed."Just a water Mage with a clever trick, nothing more really. Don't see how you thought that would be enough."

He glared."You're the Ruin! You..." He trailed off, squinting, then gasped as realization hit him."You're that brat! You're the one who fled into the Coldwoods all those years ago! You....you're supposed to be dead! The Eisen-"

"Raised me." He finished for him."Very nice people actually, and the women are quite beautiful."

He chuckled."While we're on that subject...I feels I should tell you, I'm very excited about your Capitol. Supposed to have some beautiful ladies there too, you know. Problem is, killing someone would get me banned from there. So, for now at least, I've agreed to spare your life. But, if you want to avenge your leader, I'm waiting. It was me who killed him, after all."

He glared."You...you....!?"

Vaussten smiled."Me. Now, if I were you, I'd accept the nice lady over there as your new boss and do your best to undo that ugly past of yours. But, if you don't want that chance, if you just want to die a pathetic and petty man..." He reached inside his cloak, pulling out the diamond sword."This blade's tasted your blood already, and I bet it wasn't pleasant."

Vikram looked at it, taken aback, placing a hand on his scar instinctively.

He smiled."Ah, I think you've just made the smart choice. Take care now!" He smiled broadly and walked off, leaving the Mage stunned.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That night, Black Griffin celebrated in the town. They had arrived in the city of New Geruva with no further incidents. Upon arriving, Vizier and Viviara had rushed to the council rooms. There had been many things to discuss, and the status of Black Griffin apparently ranked very low on their priorities list. After a while, Vodrai walked out, beaming, as she had been officially recognized as a noble.

The sun was beginning to set when Vizier walked out with a scroll."Lady Demon, I am pleased to announce that the land upon which your fortress and homes are built, as well as the lands half a mile from them in all directions, are officially recognized as a separate power."

She looked over the scroll."What is this...'Griffin's Roost'?"

He smiled."You're welcome to change it, but your land will need a name, won't it?" She nodded."I suppose so...and a fine name it is."

It was only later that night that Giles, a few drinks into the evening, raised concerns."Griffin's Roost? That's what they're naming our kingdom? Just won't work!"

Reba sighed, pulling the bottle away from him."And why, pray tell, is that Giles?"

He pointed at her."You, me, 'n all the people livin' there, eh? Y'know what it makes us if we live in Griffin's Roost?"

Narra looked over."What?"

Giles smiled."Griffin Roosters. Haha-Gah! Ow!"

His laughter agitated his cracked ribs, and Reba scolded him.

Narra frowned."...Good point, we'd be calling ourselves chickens!"

Reba sighed and pinched one of Giles' nerves, knocking him out."Please, as though people would think to use that to mock Black Griffin."She replied, carefully lowering his head onto her lap and stroking his hair back.

Narra blinked."...Did you just-"

"Very easy when he gets drunk." Reba replied."I used it when he was a boy and he was too rowdy. Still very handy." She smiled, drinking a bit from the bottle.

Guiltare was speaking with Morz and Vaussten when Vizier walked over, bowing."This is indeed a wonderful day for both of our peoples." Guiltare nodded in agreement.

Vizier hesitated."Ah....If it would please Sir Ruin, there is something-"

"No." Vaussten replied, taking another drink.

He sighed."It is...You may bring others if you wish, but it is something I insist upon showing you."

Guiltare, seeing Vaussten was about to give an angry retort, quickly stood."Vaussten. Come, that is an order."

He sighed and stood, brow furrowed in annoyance."...But of course, your Demon-ness." He replied, knowing it would annoy her. She pretended to have no objections and nodded to Vizier, who lead them off.

Vizier lead them to a section of town that seemed brighter, with extra torches hung along walls, and streets that had been swept clean."The region for our temples." He explained.

Vaussten crossed his arms."Oh? Plan on trying to convert me to one of your rip-off gods, Fauxmen?" Vizier shook his head patiently.

He turned a corner."I just want you to see the shrine to one of our Saints." He replied."One of your people, actually."

Guiltare frowned."...Your people approved a saint from the Vraimen?"

He chuckled."I tried them at first, but...they said no unanimously. So, I appealed directly to the church, and they thought it would be a lovely idea. They couldn't complain too much then."

Vaussten snorted."Even so, probably just..."

He trailed off, seeing a statue of a young woman, holding a sword in the air. Even though there was a look of ferocity on her face, there was still an elegant beauty present as well. He put his hand on the statue's face."....Vialla..."

He nodded."I....retrieved what I could of her body and had it entombed here."

Vaussten kneeled, reading a plaque."Saint Vialla of Aurega.....tharsooc?"

Vizier smiled."It's an abbreviation, see the dots? T.H.A.R.S.O.O.C. The Honored And Revered Saint Of Outspoken Courage."

Vaussten traced over the letters carefully, smiling at that.

Vizier continued."Her shrine is visited by many people, you know. Most are just Vraimen seeking to pay respects. Some are students at the magic academy who have to give their presentation to graduate. A few are even generals who need help to speak before their armies. Trust me, she's helped me quite a few times, and-"

There was a crumbling sound as Vaussten touched the sword of the statue. He smiled, placing the crystal sword in its place."That's....a holy weapon then, right? Only fair that it's with it's creator."

Guiltare smiled at the sight."It suits the shrine well."she commented.

Vaussten stood and turned, walking off. He looked over his shoulder briefly at Vizier, gave him a hard look, then gave a short, respectful nod before he turned the corner. Guiltare smiled. She knew next to nothing of Vaussten's sister, but she couldn't help but think she would be happy to see the man her brother had become.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.5K 1K 10
Oc female Jackson x Hermes x Apollo x Ares
30.2K 2.7K 17
A Royal family renowned for their illustrious name and fame, A family full of pride and rage, A Family for which everyone bows their head - The Agnih...
118K 3.3K 23
Warning: 18+ ABO worldα€€α€­α€― α€‘α€α€Όα€±α€α€Άα€›α€±α€Έα€žα€¬α€Έα€‘α€¬α€Έα€•α€«α€žα€Šα€Ία‹ α€…α€­α€α€Ία€€α€°α€Έα€šα€‰α€Ί ficα€œα€±α€Έα€™α€­α€―α€· α€‘α€•α€Όα€„α€Ία€œα€±α€¬α€€α€”α€Ύα€„α€Ία€· များစွာ α€€α€½α€¬α€α€Όα€¬α€Έα€”α€­α€―α€„α€Ία€•α€«α€žα€Šα€Ία‹
68.7K 7.7K 13
Dragonwall's queen no longer remembers who she is. Her magic is locked away at the hands of an evil sorcerer. Kane hoped to deal the drengr monarchy...