REAPING INNOCENCE ◦ STILINSKI...

By vxidmccall_

[ BOOK THREE ] ❝That war was a disease. She felt the winds of the gathering storm; could feel the malignity o... More

REAPING INNOCENCE
PART ONE
i.
ii.
iii.
iv.
vi.
INTERLUDE: ONE
vii.
INTERLUDE: TWO
viii.
ix.
x.
xi.
xii.
in which i wanna write an au
xiii.
xiv.
xv.
xvi.
xvii.
xviii.
xix.
PART TWO
PROLOGUE
xx.
xxi.
xxii.
xxiii.
xxiv.
xxv.
xxvi.
xxvii.
xxviii.
LETTERS TO CARTER
xxix.
LETTERS TO CARTER
xxx.
LETTERS TO CARTER
xxxi.
LETTERS TO CARTER
NEW TRAILER
xxxii.
xxxiii.
very important, do not ignore this, please
INTERLUDE: THREE
xxxiv.

v.

4.4K 151 174
By vxidmccall_

v. RULE OF THOUGHT

○ ○ ○

"RUN!"

Carter was hit with a wave of fear, blistered with panic. Raeven's voice sounded odd, tinged with pain. She willed her eyes to adjust as she sprinted down the dark corridor. At first she could see only shifting shadows, but they soon turned into the shapes of bodies — ancient statues were lining the walls, facing toward her, pointing. She was confined by two walls made of gray stone and covered in spots with thick ivy that reached out and tickled her arms. The walls had to be at least fifty feet high and formed a perfect aisle in front of her.

She once again felt a pressing ache of confusion — she didn't understand why this was happening. It was supposed to be a simple operation. Something to keep the control she had over the Pheanix strong and sure. Different emotions battled for dominance in her mind and heart. Confusion. Curiosity. Panic. Fear. But laced through it all was the dark feeling of utter hopelessness, like the world had ended for her. If she couldn't keep control over what was inside her than there was no point.

She began to think that it was bad karma — bad karma for placing her trust in someone she barely even knew.

Emptiness ate away at her insides, quickly replaced by a sadness that hurt her heart. It was all too much — what did they want with her? How was she doing to survive this? Tears welled up in her eyes — Carter refused, blinking them away. Some instinct took over her actions and without thinking pushed her legs to move faster.

"You're not going anywhere, Caterina."

The voices were low, almost impossible to understand. And then there was the sound of snapping wire. The whoosh of an object slicing through the air. The sickening, wet thunk of it finding a home.

Carter screamed. Her body jerked to a stop, leaning her body against the stone wall to her right. The long shaft of the arrow stuck out from her shoulder, the blood surprisingly less than she was used to, but seeping out and soaking her clothes all the same. Black in the darkness, like oil. She felt the little tears as the rough stone cut into her skin, but she ignored them. Their sting would be healed before she could even think about them.

She could hear their footsteps, sounding like large feet stepping in puddles of water. She ran faster, taking longer strides. Fire trembled down her spine, throwing tight spasms out along her arms and legs. She was trapped, knowing that there was no exit at the end of the hallway. She was cornered, shaking and burning, unable to stand up and fight something that she couldn't see. The entire thing was discombobulating. Dying to kill them. Afraid of getting hurt. Scared of never getting out.

She ran away from them, trying very hard not to think about what might happen next. She began to wonder why she hadn't just left it alone. Oh right, because I'm an idiot, she thought.

A pain erupted in her head — it felt like her skull was being split in half. A scream, blistered with agony, ripped from her lungs. She fell to her knees at that exact moment, gripping the sides of her head with both of her hands, her face furrowed in pain.

An image of Stiles popped into her mind, head cocked at an awkward angle, blood running down the sides of his face until it collected, his body surrounded by fire. Scott's face came next — his body lied motionless, face covered in gashes as his final breath of air left his chest. Jordan — his glowing irises stared at her, they reminded her so much of her own; the two of them had the same fire flowing through their veins. Kira — she was struggling, fighting for control over the bright aura that came from within. Malia — anger, the pulsing in her veins was the only thing keeping her going, it was what fed her hunger for revenge...

The images suddenly vanished, leaving agony in their wake.

Carter's back stiffened, feeling the pulsing electricity that came with their presence. They had caught up to her — ready to take her back to their lair. She heard the crackling of their masks as the leader pulled her to her feet.

"We have so much planned for you, Caterina."

It had been a little over a week since Derek had managed to turn himself back to normal while fighting off two Berserkers. The one-hundred and ninety-seven millions dollars from Peter's personal vault was still gone — no traces being left behind as to where to look for it first. At the moment, the money proved to not have any correlation to the teenagers' lives, so, instead of fretting over Peter's money, they were worrying about the up-coming lacrosse tryouts.

A long and tough year had passed since the previous lacrosse season, and seeing how the last one ended with Jackson dying on the field, they were all anxious for it to start up again. They just wanted to make it their highlight of their high school years — something they could all enjoy. Carter found herself being over-ecstatic for the season to begin. While Scott may possible still hold his title as captain, but with Jackson, Isaac, and Danny being gone — Stiles would have more playing time.

"Of course you're still the team captain. You got your grades up just like Coach told you to, right?" Stiles asked as the trio made their way toward the lacrosse field. Last year, while struggling to handle the whole "Jackson-thing" Scott hadn't done a very good job at keeping his grades up to par. Actually, he was barely eligible to move onto the next school year.

"Yeah, but he never told me I was back on the team," Scott replied. "He just told me to show up at tryouts today."

Carter sighed, stuffing her hands into her pockets. "I mean, you were the best player on the team besides Jackson, I don't know why you wouldn't still be captain."

"I don't know, either way, we've got bigger things to deal with anyway." Stiles reminded, referring to the fact that Kate Argent was still running around and that all of Peter's bearer bonds were stolen. Carter rolled her eyes, she would just prefer to let those things go for the time being, but Stiles being who he is, just wouldn't let it go. "Did you tell Argent yet?"

"Ah, I texted him but he didn't get back to me." Scott said, thinking back to how awkward of a message it had been — telling the father of your dead ex-girlfriend that his supposed deceased-psychotic sister was in fact alive...and a Were-Jaguar. But, even now, no one ever expected that Chris would even come back to Beacon Hills — especially after Allison.

Stiles gave Scott an incredulous look. "You told him his sister Kate came back from the dead over a text?"

"I didn't have the money to call France," Scott said, grimacing at how pathetic that sounded.

Stiles sighed, nodding sympathetic. He knew that money had been tight lately with Scott and Melissa, but he also knew the struggles of tight money in his own house. "Yeah, you think you got money problems? Try paying for an MRI and a visit to Eichen House."

Carter frowned, "Another notice?"

"Yeah, this one said: FINAL." Stiles stated, looking down at the ground sheepishly. "Now, what the hell are we even doing here anyway? We've got, like, a hundred and ninety-seven million problems and worrying about our status on the lacrosse team is not one of them."

Carter peered over Stiles shoulder, getting a perfect view of the lacrosse field. On the field were a small group of players that she didn't recognize — more than likely freshman. Two of them were throwing the balls at the net in an attempt to make a goal, but the third one in the net stopped every single one. He didn't let a single ball get passed him.

Her eyes widened, she had never seen such a young player have that much skill. He was at least as good as Scott, if not slightly better. Her mouth gaped open, Stiles finally taking notice of the expression on her face.

"It is now," Carter announced.

A frown line appeared between Stiles' eyebrows as he craned his neck to catch sight of what was happening on the field behind him. His eyes widened as well, watching in complete shock mixed with definite horror. He turned to gape back at his friends for a moment before turning his attention back toward the field.

"Who the hell is that?"

The mysterious freshman in the net finally tore off his helmet, shaking out his blonde quiff as a proud and smug grin etched itself on his face. He obviously knew just how good he was — and he wasn't afraid to show his arrogance. Carter could practically smell it as his two friends quickly rushed over to him.

"Nice, Liam." The blonde one complimented, patting Liam on the back. "You might just be our first ever freshman captain."

"Okay, maybe we should just practice a little bit." Stiles confirmed, nodding his assertively before marching onto the field. Scott had been quick to follow, the grip on his lacrosse stick tightening.

"Hey!" Carter called out, causing the two boys to whirl around and look at her. "You two better not get hurt out there; because if you do, I'll kick your asses. Which, frankly, doesn't make any sense because I'll be kicking my own ass — you know what I mean! Just go before I further embarrass myself."

○ ○ ○

After a very long school day, including an awkward confrontation between Malia and Carter in their Math class — Carter found herself making her way to the lacrosse field. Turning around a corner on her way to the tryouts, she almost dropped her books out of her hands when she crashed into a body. Looking up, she noticed that a boy was staring at her with deep blue eyes. He had cheekbones that would send Jackson's running for the hills, with a sculpted jaw and plumps lips. His round nose was slightly turned up at the end, reminding her of Stiles. The boy grinned at her as his eyes slowly racked her body.

She rolled her eyes. She wanted to think that she admittedly thought he was attractive, but after he just bluntly checked her out, she wasn't so sure. "Um, can I help you with something?"

"Logan! What are you doing, man? Come on, we're gonna miss the entire tryout if you keep gawking over every pretty girl you meet!" A voice shouted, grabbing a hold of the boy in front of her who's name seemed to be Logan, tugging him away from her. Carter didn't get a good glance at the other boy, the back of him looked familiar, but everyone looked the same from the back.

Carter sighed, taking a few cautious steps toward the bleachers. She sat in the first row, feet firmly platted on the grass; rolling her shoulders back as she watched Coach Finstock blow his whistle. All of the players took off at the sound, making their running route around the field. Suddenly, she was being engulfed with familiar body heat. She whipped her head around to see Malia sitting next to her with Kira on her other side. And then she felt hands being placed on her shoulders, leaning back she saw that Raeven was sitting behind her.

Malia was holding her Pre-Cal book in her arms, wanting to get a head start on the homework she admittedly didn't know how to do. Carter glanced over at Kira, who was gripping onto a lacrosse stick, before turning her attention back to the field. Liam was leading the group of players while Scott and Stiles blanked in the back, the latter looking ready to pass out at any moment. She knew that Stiles wasn't the most athletically inclined person, but Scott was — he should've been in the very front, leading the pack instead of Liam.

Liam dropped to the ground after finishing his laps and immediately started doing pushups. Her eyes drifted over to Stiles to see that he was just now finishing, huffing and puffing as he dropped to the ground. Scott wrapped his hands around his friend's biceps, lugging him up. Stiles panted, leaning into Scott's chest while patting his arm in thanks.

"Who came in first?" Stiles asked, looking back at Scott. The teen Alpha nodded toward the boy currently doing pushups while everyone else sat on the ground around him. "Is he even human? What is he, like, a Were-Cheetah? Does that even exist? Is that a thing?"

"I think he's just that good."

"I'm gonna puke—take me somewhere."

"Okay, come on," Scott urged, dragging Stiles away.

Suddenly, something heavy was thrown into her lap, and peered down to see that the Werecoyote had tossed her Pre-Cal book on her thighs. Turning toward the girl, raising an eyebrow at her, but before she could question it — a strong smell invaded her nose. She inhaled deeply, looking to her right when she realized that it was coming from Kira.

"What's wrong with you?"

"Me?" Kira repeated, trying to sound like she didn't know what Carter was talking about. "Nothing."

Carter rolled her eyes. "You reek of anxiety. And it's distracting. What's going on?"

Kira hesitated. "Scott and I sort of had this thing happen. But it wasn't much of a thing. And I'm starting to think it never was anything at all."

"What do you want it to be?" Raeven asked from behind them, leaning forward slightly to get closer to the conversation. She could also tell that the conversation was making Carter slightly uncomfortable. Just because Scott hadn't been her Ideale Altro, doesn't mean she didn't have real feelings for him. Feelings that were still there — you never get over your first serious relationship. Unknowing to them, Scott's feelings for Carter ran deeper than anyone had anticipated.

"More," Kira sighed, looking down at the ground. "This is weird, I shouldn't be talking to you about this, Carter. It's weird — it's weird, right?"

"It's a little weird," Carter admitted, fumbling with the textbook that was still in her lap. "If it's what you and Scott want, then it's not about me."

"It's all about you." Malia interjected, an underlying meaning to her words.

"What do you mean?"

"Scott's not over you and we all know it." Malia announced, her eyes hardening as she locked them with Carter's. "Just because you and Stiles have a "thing" doesn't mean Scott's automatically over you."

She had never thought of it like that. She had just assumed that with her and Stiles being whatever they were, Scott would be able to move onto a relationship that actually had the chance to last. Carter never thought that the boundaries on Scott and Kira's relationship would have anything to do with her — they both seemed so into each other that it never occurred to her that there would be any complications.

Carter pursed her lips. "I'm with Stiles now, sort of. Scott understands that, he knows he has to move on." She stated, turning back to Kira. "And you're the perfect girl for that."

"Really?" Kira asked in disbelief, a smile waiting to appear.

"I'm positive."

As the players lined up to take practice shots at the goal, Carter pulled herself out of the conversation between the girls. She watched as Stiles placed the ball in the net on his lacrosse stick, reared back and threw the ball toward the goal. The white ball spun through the air until it landed directly in the goalie's stick. The players behind him chuckled, snickering as he made his way to stand next to Scott — but not before he gave Liam a pointed glare.

Speaking of Liam, he was up next.

"You know, maybe he's only good in goal," Stiles pointed out. "You know, just totally useless on the rest of the field." His theory was proven wrong when Liam expertly scored a goal. "Maybe he's just perfect at everything. I hate this kid."

Scott surveyed Liam, something at the back of his mind was screaming at him. "We don't have to hate him. The team needs new players."

"What about a new team captain?"

That had been enough to motivate the True Alpha. Scott scooped up the ball, tightening his grip on the stick before he threw it. Everything seemed to be moving in slow motion. Kira and Carter were both on the edge of their seat, hoping and praying that the ball made it into the net. They slumped back in defeat when the ball collided with one of the poles holding up the net. And just like they had when Stiles messed up, the players erupted into synchronized laughter.

"Nice, McCall," Liam's blonde-freshman-friend called out sarcastically.

"Hey, Garrett," Stiles shouted, looking over at him. "Shut up."

The more practice went on, the more hope Carter lost. It seemed to be as though Liam had sucked all of Scott's lacrosse skills out of his body and used them as his own. Because as Liam proved to be even better, Scott was proving to be even worse. Him and Stiles both were missing all of their attempts at making the goal — neither of them successfully making a single shot.

And that was when Raeven leaned forward, placing her head right above Carter's shoulder. "Isn't the captain supposed to be one of the best players on the team? Or at least good? I mean, I might be a little behind on sports, but I'm pretty sure the captain is supposed to display some sort of above-average skill."

Carter ran her hands over her face in exasperation. "I don't know what's happening. Scott used to be the best player on the team. He picked a hell-of-a-day to have an off-day."

Finstock blew his whistle abruptly, making all of the players rush over to see what their next objective was. "McCall and Stilinski, grab the long sticks! You're covering goal for two-on-ones."

Scott and Stiles dropped their normal sticks and grabbed the appropriate ones, walking over to take their positions. Carter was, once again, fully engrossed in the practice. Using her supernatural hearing to pick up on the conversation between Stiles and Scott. The two of them questioning whether or not Liam was a werewolf as the first player in line, Garrett, made an advance on the goal. He skillfully tricked Stiles into thinking he was coming his way before pivoting around him and going toward Scott. The teen Alpha stepped forward, quickly slapping the stick right out of Garrett's hand.

"That's my boys!" Coach shouted, throwing a fist in the air. Carter smiled, a sense of pride swelling in her chest. "Those two are like sons to me," he admitted, lightly punching the player behind him on the arm.

One after the other, Scott and Stiles managed to keep the players from getting to the goal. Carter suddenly began squirming in her seat, watching as Liam made his way to the front of the line. Even from where she sat she could tell that Liam was narrowing his eyes on Scott, the Alpha doing the same to him. Scott was trying to proof himself, while Liam was trying to make himself look better. The whistle blew, and he took off, managing to get around Stiles who fell face first onto the grass. Scott was up next, ready to knock the stick from the boy's hand when he ducked under Scott's arm and made the goal.

Carter shot up, waiting for the cheers from the crowd to die down before she shouted: "That was luck! Do-over!"

Stiles looked over at the sound of her voice, shaking his head to himself. "Oh, no, Carter. Don't get involved. What is she — Scott, what is she doing?"

Scott's jaw fell in shock. "I think she's trying to give us the chance to prove that we're better than Liam."

"But," Stiles began, feverishly glancing between Carter and Scott, "we're not better than Liam."

"Sweetheart, there's no do-overs. This is practice," Coach explained, giving an amused chuckle at the fact that she was asking for a re-do.

"Twenty bucks on Scott and Stiles!"

Everyone turned to look at her, and she just kept the smug look on her face, she could also feel Malia's harsh glare burning holes in her body. Finstock just shrugged, turning back around. "I'll take that action. Hey! Get back in there, Liam!"

The whistle sounded, Liam rubbing his foot into the dirt. Carter's chest rumbled when the sound of Scott growling reached her ears. She watched in anticipation as Stiles made a move first, Liam easily maneuvering around him. She had been so into the practice that she had gone oblivious to the pounding in her head — something was about to happen. Scott made an advance next. Liam stepped to the left only to have Scott bend down, his shoulder hitting Liam's waist. The momentum sent him flipping over Scott until he his the ground with a thud.

A searing pain shot up Carter's leg. A loud and strangled gasp escaped her mouth. She wanted to cry out at the sensation, the pain having her reach out to grab Kira and Malia's forearms — letting them know that she was in pain by giving them a tight squeeze. Kira winced back, but Malia glanced over at her in confusion. She quietly groaned under her breath, writhing in her seat. She didn't know whose injury it was — the telling feeling she normal got was unfamiliar. That was when she realized that she had made a link to someone she hadn't met.

It was Liam.

"Hey, Caterina, what's wrong? Why'd you gasp like that?" Raeven questioned in worry, not liking when Carter kept things bottled-up. She preferred it when she was open about the pain she was feeling instead of trying to mask it.

Carter ignored her doppelgänger, knowing that she'll have the chance to explain everything to her later. She had connected to him without even knowing it. She pulled herself to her feet, sinking her teeth into the inside of her lip as another wave of pain shot up her leg. Knowing that she needed to get onto the field, she sucked it up and limped toward the group of players.

"Liam!" A voice shouted, Carter looked up to see the boy from earlier, Logan, shove past Stiles and Scott who were just as shocked as everyone else. Dropping to the ground, he helped Liam flip over. When he looked up at Logan, he could see the pain in his eyes. "Oh, my God, Mom is definitely going to kill me for this. I'm dead. You're dead. We are so dead."

"Don't move! Don't touch him! Get away from him!" Coach shouted, moving to pull Logan away. The boy angrily yanked his arm out of the Coach's hold and went back to attending Liam.

"He's my brother. And I'm okay, Coach. I'm all ri—" A scream cut him off when he tried to get up, only to stubble back down in pain. Logan shot forward, grabbing a hold of his waist to steady him while Scott took the other side. Liam was panting, gritting his teeth in pain. "I think it's my leg."

"We better get him to the nurse," Carter told Coach, moving to stand next to Stiles before leaning on him in attempt to get as much pressure off her leg as possible.

Scott nodded, looking over at Carter warily. He could see the pain in her eyes, but decided to ask her about it later as he and Logan began to make their way toward the school with Liam in between them. Stiles made a move to follow before he could Carter reached out and grabbed his arm. He slowly turned back to face her and that was when he noticed it.

"Hey, are you all right?" Stiles asked, cupping the sides of her neck in his hands.

Carter gulped, "It's Liam — I'm connected to Liam."

○ ○ ○

"Don't worry, Liam," Melissa assured, propping Liam's foot up on one of the pegs attached to the wheelchair. "We'll take good care of you."

They watched as Melissa wheeled the boy down the hallway. Logan, who was slowly following, turned back for a moment to send a sharp glare at Scott before continuing down the hallway. Carter could start to feel her temperature starting to pick up — her abilities slightly crazed from the newfound connection. It had been awhile since she had created a link with someone new; the last one had been Jordan. At the thought of the deputy a new feeling of discomfort surged through the injury that was no longer there.

She shook her head, there was something different about the link she shared with Jordan. Something that was stranger and stronger than all the others. She wanted to know what it was. Wanted to know why it made her feel the way it did.

"I got to get going. I promised Lydia that I would meet up with her at the library," Stiles announced before turning to look at Carter, who was leaning against the receptionist counter. "Are you sure you're okay, Car? I can take you home if you want before I go to the library."

Carter smiled softly, taking his hand in hers, appreciating his concern. She nodded her head but looked at him as if he was crazy; that had been the third time he asked her. "I'm sure, Stiles. I don't really even feel it anymore, it's more like a dull ache. I'm just gonna stay here with Scott and make sure that Liam's okay. Seeing as though, being what I am, I can't leave until I know that he's fine."

"I know, I know. I'm being overbearing, I just want to make sure." Stiles explained with a slight chuckle before moving his attention to Scott. "Hey, I don't need to say that this wasn't your fault, right?"

"I don't know," Scott mumbled, staring down at his shoes for a moment.

"Scott, if you had used any wolf power, that kid wouldn't be limping, he'd be crawling back to the other half of his body."

Stiles' word didn't do anything to make Scott feel better. "If I hadn't been so worried about being captain, he wouldn't be hurt either."

"Scott," Carter called out softly. The emotions in her voice were enough to have Scott down on his knees. His expression softened as he looked over at her. "It's okay to want something for yourself once in a while. Team captain, Alpha werewolf — you're still only human."

After receiving a very disconcerting phone call from Lydia, whose Banshee abilities led her to the Walcott house where she and Jordan found a freezer full of human bodies, Scott and Carter were running down the hallway of the hospital like a couple of crazy people. They were on the lookout for Sean Walcott, the youngest of the Walcott family and the only member that escaped before getting butchered with the rest of his family.

They needed to get to him before he hurt someone. Carter had put together that he was a Wendigo — cannibalistic shapeshifter that probably had gone undetected for years. He had been in the hospital for over twelve hours, which meant that he was going to be on the hunt for someone to satisfy his cravings. And they needed to find him before that happened.

Scott and Carter turned a corner, seeing a closing elevator at the end of the hall. They pushed themselves harder, knowing that they needed to get on that elevator, but just as they approached it the doors closed. Upon hearing another ding, Carter grabbed Scott's wrist and took off down the corridor adjacent to them. And that was when they heard the screaming. Melissa McCall's sheer screams.

The two supernatural teenagers transformed, both letting out menacing growls at the Wendigo, who was desperately trying to feed on Melissa. Sean's multiple fanged teeth and mouth were covered in blood, eyes shimmering with a white glow as he bared his fangs at them. Carter knew that they needed to be careful — Wendigos were incredibly strong, strong enough to not only fight an Alpha werewolf, but possibly win such fight. If given the right motivation, Sean could kick both of their asses.

Melissa cowered against the wall, the boy being distracted long enough for her to get away. Scott leapt forward, tackling Sean to the ground while Carter rushed over to make sure that Melissa wasn't hurt. The woman nodded at the girl, but both of them jumped back with Sean kicked Scott in the chest and sent him flying into the wall. The large painting hanging on the wall came off its screws and clattered to the floor.

"I'm okay — I'm all right," Melissa panted, Carter helping her to her feet.

"Are you sure?"

Melissa nodded firmly. "Just go get that son of a bitch."

Scott and Carter shared a look, his bright red eyes clashing against the fire in hers. She snarled in response, lips pulling back to reveal the vampire-like canines hidden behind them. Scott growled in agreement before they took off down the hallway once more. They followed the blood trail. Crimson being smeared across numerous walls until it led to the stairway that went up to the roof.

When she opened the door, the sound of two people groaning instantly rang out. Sean had managed to capture a couple of people to use as leverage when Scott and Carter finally caught up to him. They rushed up the stairs and burst through the door. Sean had his arm wrapped around Liam's neck, his fanged mouth dangerously close to Liam's neck. Out of the corner of her eye she could see another body lying on the ground.

"Get back!" Sean shouted.

"Don't!" Scott exclaimed, slowly making his way toward them. "You don't need to do this. Whatever it is, whatever you are — we can help you."

"No, you can't."

"Let me help you."

"Wendigos don't need help," Sean announced. "We need food!"

As Scott fought against the Wendigo and tried to save Liam, Carter rushed over to the body on the ground. When she approached she saw that it was Logan, Liam's older brother. His chest was rising and falling rapidly, his hands firmly pressed against a gaping bite wound on his side. She kneeled down next to him and reached out to move his hands away. Logan flinched away from her, but nodded reluctantly when she told him that she was only going to look at it.

When he removed his hands and Carter pulled up his shirt, she could see that Sean had managed to take a descent sized chuck out of his side. Blood was all but squirting out of the wound and she could hear that his heart was working hard to keep itself pumping; cutting off the blood flow to the rest of his body to keep his brain active. But its efforts weren't going to last much longer — he was dying.

She knew what she needed to do — she knew what she had to do in order to save his life. But what she didn't know was what was going to happen to him after she did. What was going to become of him. She couldn't possible imagine what everyone would think of her after she forced this decision on him — after taking away his choice.

Just do it, Carter, she thought. Who cares what everyone else thinks? They'll understand. They'll have to.

Carter nodded to herself, trying to reassure herself enough to gain the courage to actually do it. She took his hand in hers, listening as his heart drastically slowed its pumping. His deep blue eyes lolled into the back of his head and that was when she knew that she needed to do it before it was too late. She pulled up his shirt sleeve, eyes locking onto smooth flesh and did something she thought she would never have to do.

She bit him.

Logan's body convulsed, shaking profusely long after she retracted her fangs from his arm. His heart immediately started pumping harder — becoming stronger as life flooded through him. The bite was already taking. Claws were taking place where regular fingernails used to reside. Sharp and long pearly fangs protruding from his gums — none of that shocked Carter, not until he opened his eyes.

His once blue eyes were glowing a bright purple.

○ ○ ○

not edited

this chapter is soooooo gross and rushed because i just really wanted to update for you guys. but on another note: CARTER BIT SOMEONE! how many of you saw that coming? i did lol. and his name is Logan and is played by Colin Ford aka bae
but, there were also some major McHale feels in this chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

277K 7.7K 15
[ BOOK ONE ] ❝And that is where you and I have always differed, big bro. There is no getting over what I did-ever.❞ Carter Hale, youngest siste...
10.3K 371 28
🎵 𝙨𝙠𝙮𝙛𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙞𝙨 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙬𝙚 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙩🎵 Months before the pack graduates and leaves beacon hills behind, they are left with one last remi...
38.1K 1.4K 28
It happened so fast. It was all chaos. The emotions. The tears. The pain. Flashes. One second...I could see. The next...I had been blinded...by my be...
410K 14.5K 65
"please, just let me help you" "why should i? everyone i know either dies or thinks i'm a total freak show" Georgia Ray is a social outcast...