Breaking The Rules

By lost_misfits

"Everyone thinks they know my story, the story of Peter Pan and Wendy Darling. The story of a nice little gir... More

Authors Note:
Chapter 1: The beginning
Chapter 2: Breaking Point
Chapter 3: You never forget about your Fears
Chapter 4: The shadows secret
Chapter 5: Your crazy
Chapter 6: That wouldnt be much fun would it?
Chapter 7: Lost girl
Chapter 8: The hard truth
Chapter 9: Haunted dreams
Chapter 10: He will hurt you
Chapter 11: Family doesn't hurt family
Happy Birthday!!!
Just FYI
Chapter 12: Scars
Chapter 13: Be selfish and cruel
Chapter 14: I can take care of myself
Chapter 15: Nederland's Savior
Chapter 16: I'm not as bad as they say
Chapter 17: Hide and Seek
Chapter 18: Leave with me
Chapter 19: Villain
Important!
Chapter 20: Just started
Just FYI!!
Chapter 21: Falling apart...again.
Chapter 22: Festering Feelings
Chapter 23: Darkness
Chapter 24: I Hate It
Chapter 25: Day
Chapter 26: Its Pan
Chapter 27: Welcome to Storybrooke
Chapter 30: Not Turning Back
Chapter 31: Operation Blue Bird
Chapter 32: Our lost Girl
Chapter 33: Drowning Thoughts
Chapter 34: Peter Pan and Neverland
Chapter 35: As Usual
Chapter 36: Dark Secrets
Chapter 37: Like Home
Chapter 38: No Happy Endings
Chapter 39: Going Home
Chapter 40: Hero?
Chapter 41: Taking Hearts
Chapter 42: Doesn't Belong
Chapter 43: Pain Is Beautiful
Chapter 44: Never Forgotton
Chapter 45: The Trees
Chapter 46: The Forest of Fears
Chapter 47:Light and Darkness
Chapter 48: Cold and Broken
Chapter 49: Playing Games
Chapter 50: Warnings
Chapter 51: Confessions
Chapter 52: Stay Crazy
Chapter 53: Never Fail
CONFUSION
Chapter 54: Moving On
Chapter 55: Lost Battles
Chapter 56: Do Anything
Chapter 57: Hostage
Chapter 58: A Last Attempt at Redemption

Chapter 28: Worst First Day Ever

422 13 0
By lost_misfits

"Wendy, get up its time for school!" Mrs. Mayor calls from outside my door. I finally get up from a two year nap, and all I want to do now is sleep.

"I'm getting up!" I groan.

"You better hurry we're leaving in thirty!" She yells walking downstairs. 

I stretch like something from a horror movie and then get up. I look at myself in the mirror. My hair sticking out in every direction and my eyes barley open.

I slowly walk to the door and walk out. Or should I say in. I had walked in the closet.

I sighed and found the correct door. I walked down the hallway to the bathroom and got ready.

After brushing my teeth and hair, I got dressed in the new clothes the Mayor had bought me.

A pair of blue jeans, a black t-shirt, a white cardigan and a white fur coat to go over it for what awaits me out side.

And last, I put on some chap stick and light powder. It was simple and chic. I was happy with my wardrobe the Mayor and I picked out.

I skipped downstairs and saw her sitting down at the breakfast bar with a coffee and a news paper, and beside her was a plate of eggs, bacon, a slice of toast, and milk.

"You made this?" I questioned as I swung from the stairs.

"Well, I thought if it's your first day, I should send you of with a good breakfast." She never looked down from her paper.

"Thanks." I said with a smile, sitting down beside her.

"So, are you ready?" She asked putting the newspaper down. I hastily pulled the toast from my mouth.

"Ready for what?" I ask with a mouth full.

"For school." She laughed at me.

I wiped my mouth with my napkin and responded.

"Oh yeah, that." I say nervously bitting the inside of my cheek.

"Come on, it won't be that bad." She stood up and placed her coffee mug in the sink.

I took a big bite of eggs and tried to talk. "How would ya know." I once again said with a mouth full.

"Because, believe me, school wasn't all cherry blossoms and rainbows for me. Especially with my mother as teacher." She shook her head and opened the fridge.

"More milk?"

"Actually, I'm done." I say with a smile as she takes my plate and places it in the sink.

"Okay, let's head out."

I hate waiting in the office while they find the principle to introduce themselves and show me the class.

A man ,I guess to be the principle ,walked in and stood in front of me.

"Hello..." He tailed off.

"Wendy." I quickly finish.

"Yes ,Wendy! I'm Mr. Hulden." He had a warm smile and wide eyes as if he was as young as me. Just his eye though, the rest of him...not so much.

"So follow me, and I will show you to your classroom." He said walking.

I follow and we enter a hallway. As we walk up to a door, Mr. Hulden hands me a piece of paper. "This is your schedule, and this," he refers to the door, "is your first period.

As Mr. Hulden pushes me in, all eyes were on me. I held my breath, hoping that would help in some way.

Nope.

"Students, we have a new student. Her name is Wendy, be nice." The principal left the room, and I just awkwardly stood in front of everyone.

"So, Wendy. What school did you just come from?" The teacher asked as she stood up.

I began to sweat. "Um, I don't remember." I said looking at my shoes. The class laughed.

"You don't remember, hmm?" The teacher said sarcastically.

"Y-yeah. You see, I just woke up from a coma, a-and don't remember anything." I said looking up at her.

"Sure, and I was born yesterday." The class busted laughing again.

I turned red. "No, really-"

"Now, Mrs. Darlington, I don't care if it is your first day, anymore mouth from you, and your out." She spit in my face.

I sighed.

"You can sit back there by Kadence." A girl with short brown hair and bright green eyes waved at me. I quickly went to sit next the girl.

As I sat down the teacher started talking about history I think. I can remember everything about that, but not about myself.

I rested my head on my hand and sighed.

"Don't worry about Mrs. Renae. She's always like that." The girl, Kadence, said.

"Lucky me then." I said rolling my eyes.

"You know, I heard you were the Mayors daughter. Is it true?" I gave her a funny look.

"No." I quickly said. She looked let down.

"But I know I saw her drop you off." She said, energy suddenly pumped back in her.

Rolling my eyes I gave in." Shes like, my guardian or something. When I woke up from my coma, she was there for me. And as Mayor she was placed as my guardian, since my parents are dead." I said quickly and with a smile.

"Oh, well that's a bummer." She said scrunching her nose up.

"Why, because my parents are dead."

"Well that, and you got stuck with the Mayor." She was unknowingly bouncing her leg.

"Well, she's not that bad."

"Hey, can I ask you a random question?" Her leg finally stopped.

I nodded with my eyes on the board. I wasn't doing any work, but I didn't want to face the rath of Mrs. Renae. 

"Do you wanna go to a party?" Kadence said, catching my attention.

"What? Why would I do that? It's Monday!" I whispered.

She leaned back in her chair. "I know. Just tell Mayor it's a study thing to catch up on school stuff you missed or whatever." Once I thought about it ,it wasn't that bad of a plan. And maybe I could use a party to loosen up.

"Alright, I'll go." I said slowly.

"Yay! I'll pick you up at seven. Don't worry, everyone knows we're the Mayor lives." She said with a wide smile.

"Great."

After that classes were just classes. I met one more person, her name was Cameron, she told me she was also coming.

I was picked up and surprisingly, Mills believed it! I was in. All I had to do was get ready.

As I was putting on mascara, my name was called. "Wendy! Kadence is here!" Mayor Mills yelled from down stairs.

I walked as fast as possible with out falling down the stairs. As I was walking out the door, Mayor Mills grabbed my hand.

I looked back at her. "Be safe, okay?" She asked with a worried look.

"Of course, Mayor Mills." I said with a smile that could hide all my lies.

"And one last thing, " She added.

Oh no, I'm screwed. She knows! Now I'm dead. I'm definitely dead. What was I thinking? Going to a party on my First day. Who am I? I'm a monster. 

I nodded, ready to give up. "You can call me Regina." She said with a smile.

I sighed a breath of relief." Oh, okay! Bye!" I said quickly running to Kadence's car.

As I hop in the passenger side, she smiled and drives off." What was that about?" She asked with a smirk.

"I thought I was doomed." I said looking out the window.

It was quiet for a moment, before I could hear a shriek from Kadence.

"Oh my god!"

I quickly looked at her.

"What is it?!" I asked startled.

"Your clothes!" She yelled. I gave her a confused look.

I looked down at what I was wearing. It was the same thing I wore to school and I didn't see anything wrong with it.

"What about them?" I asked kind of hurt.

"Its nothing wrong with them. Its just...you wore them to school." She said looking me up and down.

"So?" I said.

"So, if you want someone to notice you, you've got to give them something to notice." She stuck her hand behind her in the back seat and pulled something black out and threw it at me.

I held it up and it appeared to be a black shirt that cut off above the belly button.

"Put in on." She said as if talking to me like a baby.

"What?! No!" I said defensively.

"Why not?" She asked curiously.

I looked shocked and jerked my head back. "Because it's fifty below zero, and you give me half a damn shirt!" I protest.

"No! Its like, fifty above zero!" She yells back.

"And besides, we'll be inside the whole time." She says with a sigh.

I give up. "Okay, but if I get to cold I'm putting my shirt back on." She smiled in victory.

"Damn your stubborn." She said with a laugh.

I pull off my shirt and quickly switch with the one Kadence gave me.

I sigh and look down at myself. At least I had the body for this. From my belly button down, was exposed. Just as I had suspected.

Kadence whistled. "Looking hot." She said with a laugh. I laughed as well.

"I know." I said sarcastically.

I looked out the window waiting to get to that stupid party.

I wonder if I had any friends in my other life, or if I had a boyfriend. What if I had a sibling? I wish I could just remember something, anything.

When I visited Dr. Whale Sunday, he said it was unlikely I would get my memories back, unless something from my past reminded me again. It could be anything. A flower, a drawing, even cracks in the sidewalk.

"Oh my God!" Kadence yelled.

I smiled to myself, it was just another trick. I kept looking outside.

"Nice try Kadence, but-" Kadence stopped.

"No, for real." She whispered. I looked over at her as she unbuckled her seat belt.

I gave her a worried look. "What is it?" She pointed at the road in front of us. 

There was a boy in the middle of the road, laid down, and it didn't look like he was moving.

Red was pooled around his body, leaking from his stomach.

"Oh my God." I breathed.

"What do we do?" Kadence asked nervously.

"You call 911 ,and I'll go check on him." She nodded and I quickly got out of the car and ran to the boy. He didn't look more than thirteen.

I knelt down and picked him up in my arms. I softly slapped his face. "Hey, kid. You alright." Blood was dripping down from his mouth.

The boy groaned. "Hey! Can you tell me what happened." The boy opened his brown eyes and looked at my like he'd seen a ghost. His breathing was fast and labored.

"Can you tell me your name?" I asked, trying to keep him alive.

He looked at me confused. He gripped my hand tight, and tears were shown in his eyes.

"Wendy?" He asked quietly. I widened my eyes.

"What?" I whispered.

A sad smile crossed his face. "We all wondered where you went." He managed to say. He coughed.

"Shh, don't say anything." I said, keeping him from hurting himself.

"Pan, Felix, a-and all the b-boys miss you." He slowly said through small breaths.

Who were they?

"Don't speak. You'll hurt yourself." I said, even though I wanted to know.

Suddenly, an ambulance could be heard and seen, and it sped to us.

As they took the dying boy from my hands, he seemingly didn't want to let go. And neither did I. Soon the cops arrived, and then, Regina.

The drive back was silent, and she did not say anything, that was, until we got home.

I sat down at the dinning table, waiting for the scolding.

She paced back and forth in front of me, and it got really annoying.

"Can you just stop." I finally said. She stopped and looked at me, tapping her foot on the floor. She stared holes in the top on my head as I looked down.

I sighed and looked up. "Go on, get it over with."

And then she exploded.

"I can't believe you! Its your first day, and you decide to go to a party! Unbelievable!" She yelled with her fingers in her temples.

I winced at the sudden outburst.

"Why do you care! Your not even my mom!" I yell back.

"I might not be, but at the moment I'm the closes thing you've got to one!"

"Yeah right." I humorlessly laugh.

"Belive it or not Wendy, but everyday that you were in that coma, I came to visit you. I was sick of everyday being the same, until you showed up. You were unexpected, and new. But you were also interesting. All I've ever wanted was a child, and with you, it was possible. When you were in that coma, I talked to you, held your hand, and read you stupid stories, because I believed you would get better. Hell, I even got someone to decorate your room." She laughed.

"And when you woke up, I was so happy. It was one of the happiest days of my life. Becuae I knew, for once, I wouldn't be alone."

I stood there wordless, because she had surprised me. I didn't really think Regina cared much for me. I was just her job. But I guess I was wrong.

"Thank you Regina. I didn't know. And if it makes you feel better, I'm glad I got stuck with you." I said with a smile.

She sighed." Good, now off to bed. Its been a crazy day."

"And the worst fist day of school ever." I laughed.

"Good night." Regina said.

"Good night." I said back.

As I was walking up stairs I remembered something.

"Wait, Regina. Something weird happened." I said raising an eyebrow.

"What is it?" She said picking up papers from the table.

"The boy, Kadence and I found, he knows me." I said slowly.

She looked up quick. "He knows you?" She repeated.

I nodded." Well, I'll have the doctor look into it." She said with a smile.

I nodded again and quickly got undressed and hopped into bed.

As I laid in bed I could help but think.

Who is Pan, Felix, and the boys. At they friends, family, random people? I don't know. But the real question is, do I want to know?

Hey guys! So originally this started out as a short chapter, and I wasn't going to add the boy or whatever. Soooo, your welcome! I made the pic at the top, tell me if you like My edits! Pleasssssse! Bye everyone.
Ps, I'm working on a new book I'm planing on updating soon called The Game Of God, it's a Robbie Kay fanfic, so yay!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.3K 882 20
💚Under Editing Seperately💚 Taken from your true home you end up in the Enchanted Forest, living with the Evil Queen. During the dark curse you fou...
18.7K 660 37
This is the truth of a story you know all too well. Peter Pan. But this Neverland is not what you expect. It has dark secrets hiding in every corner...
2.3M 55.6K 51
A girl doomed before her own birth to be violently wanted by every person in her entire world, and then imprisoned for her entire life starting at ag...
4.5K 155 40
"We've all heard the story of Peter Pan. The carefree hero, sworn enemy of pirates, defender of the innocent. Well, they didn't get it quite right...