Angel of the Damned

By NerdyNinja1

For the past twenty years, she’s been imprisoned within her own mind for her crimes, crimes she committed unw... More

AotD - 1
AotD - 2
AotD - 3
AotD - 4
AotD - 5
AotD - 6
AotD - 7
AotD - 8
AotD - 9
AotD - 10
AotD - 11
AotD - 12
AotD - 13
AotD - 15
AotD - 16
AotD - 17
AotD - 18
AotD - 19
AotD - 20
AotD - 21
AotD - 22
AotD - 23
AotD - 24
AotD - 25
AotD - 26
AotD - 27
AotD - 28
AotD - 29
AotD - 30

AotD - 14

319 23 0
By NerdyNinja1

Drake tested his weight on his leg as he stood, unsure of whether he should put all his weight on it already.  The elf who healed his leg sat back with a smile, her hands clasped on her lap. “It’s been awhile since I’ve seen someone new around here.  Will you be staying?”

“Sorry darlin, leaving tomorrow for Dontnod,” Drake said.

She smiled softly and looked down, “Okay.  Whenever you’re in town and hurt, just come find me.  I’ll patch you up.”

She stood and brushed off her skirt.  Leneath walked over to her and placed an eleven round clip of nine millimeter rounds in the elf’s hand.  “Thanks, Elan.”

“No problem, anytime,” Elan said and walked away.

“Come on, Rachel will be pissed if we are late,” Leneath said, “and I have to change.  These clothes are all sweaty and nasty.”

Drake and Nathan followed Leneath out of Elan’s home and back out into the street.  The orbs seemed to shine brighter as the night progressed.  Leneath started up the ladder that lead to her home and pulled the door open, climbing in she stopped in the doorway.

“What the hell did you two do!” She screamed.  Nathan and Drake looked at each other, with a shrug Nathan hooked his hand around one of the rungs and started up.  Drake followed and popped his head up in time to see Leneath dropping through a hole in the floor.

The crate contained a table made of pieces of metal twisted around into a smooth surface, a couch and several locked boxes.  Over the table were several shelves lined with various metal objects.  Drake spotted his pack and weapons leaning against the wall beside Leneath’s duffle bags.  The entire container was spotless, not a thing out of place.  Drake walked over to the hole Leneath vanished down and grabbed a rung of the ladder that lead down it.  He dropped into the hole and lowered himself just far enough that he could twist around and see the interior.  It was lit by light orbs and it was nearly impossible to see the floor.  Standing tall in ankle deep clutter were two men.  Each towered over Leneath’s short frame and appeared to be able to swat Leneath across the container is they wanted too but they stood with their hands behind their backs, looking at their feet.

“What the hell did you do!” Leneath demanded.

“Nothing,” the one mumbled.  His jeans slouched down hanging off his hip, exposing a pair of boxers.  He wore a white wife beater, his heavily muscled arms were covered in tribal markings from the Northern Pack, a narcowolf.  His dead white eyes flickered up and he offered Leneath a cautious smile as a peace offering.

“Don’t lie to me, Brock!” Leneath snapped.

“Swear, we didn’t do anything,” the other said.  He didn’t tower as far over Leneath as Brock, but he was taller than her.  His arms were also covered in Necrowolf tribal markings, only these were signifying the Southern Pack.  

Leneath turned to the other one and narrowed her eyes.  She looked ready to slap the both of them. “That front room is never clean, Marcus, even if my brother is coming over!  What did you do!”

“You’re yelling at us because we cleaned up?” Brock cried. “and that means we did something?”

Drake let loose a high, shrill whistle and all three turned their attention to him. "Leneath, I don't think we want to keep the Rysen's waiting."

He dropped off the ladder to allow Leneath to blow past him and vanish up it.

“Thanks man,” Brock said.

“No problem.  She doesn’t seem like one you want to piss off,” Drake said, taking the ladder. "Just tell me something.  Seeing as you are Nercowolves from different packs, how are you not trying to rip each others throat open?"

Both Marcus and Brock looked at each other with worry and then looked back to Drake. Brock finally opened his mouth, his words chosen with care. "I would rather not share."

Leneath's head popped through the hole, "Honestly, I dont know why but I think they're gay.  However, I have no proof."

"Leneath!" Brock gasped.  Marcus turned a bright shade of red and looked away.

Leneath arched an eyebrow in a quizzical look, "Are you?"

"No!" Marcus snapped, getting even redder.

"Come on, Drake.  Rachel and Desmond will eat us for dinner if we are late," Leneath said.  She vanished back up the hole.

Drake started up the ladder when Brock spoke up, "How did you know we were Necrowolves?"

Drake looked back at them, "I'm the person who goes in when your packs get too close to human civilizations."

Both of them went wide eyes as Drake pulled himself up the ladder.  Leneath stood by the door with Nathan.  She wore a pair of brown leather pants and a tank top made of large green leafs.  Around her torso was a corset made of tree bark and laced together with leather straps.  Around her right upper arm a vine wrapped with leaves and buds hanging from it.  Small tendrils of the vine wrapped completely down her arm and onto her hand.  Tied around her upper left arm was a red ribbon.

"Well, you clean up nicely," Drake said.

"Yeah she does," Nathan agreed.

Leneath's cheeks turned bright red and the pink petals on her ear perked up.  She looked down at her feet and moved briskly for the door. “We, we should get going.”

Nathan smiled as she passed and they followed her back to the Rysen house.  They sat down at a table that was laden with fresh vegetables and meats.  Leneath eyed the Rysen's with disgust as they took their seats, Rachel sat beside Drake.

"So, Drake, tell me.  What do you do for a living?" Rachel asked.

"I'm a Hunter," Drake said taking a few slices of the wild boar.

"A Hunter, that's pretty dangerous isn't it?" Rachel asked.  Desmond rolled his eyes and began to eat the meat on his plate.

Drake shrugged and looked at a small dainty knife sitting beside the plate.  Reaching down into his boot, he withdrew his hunting knife and used it start slicing the meat up.  Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Nathan uncork a wine bottle and hand it to Leneath, who poured herself a generous glass.

"Nathan, why don't you eat?" Rachel asked. "We have plenty." She took a bit of the meat as it to prove to Nathan the food wasn't poisoned.

"I abhor the taste of cooked meat," Nathan said.

Rachel's eyes bugged and she began to cough.  Quickly grabbing her glass and taking a few sip of the water.  She set the glass down and pushed a few hairs that had come loose in her coughing fit.  Clearing her throat, she looked at Nathan. "I'm sorry, I don't think I heard-"

"I don't like to eat cooked meat.  It's too dry and just takes up room in my stomach," Nathan said.  He dug around in his pocket and removed the dented steel flask Drake had given him when he turned twenty one.  The Lyrakk insignia still engraved in the side but was rather difficult to see.  He unscrewed the cap and lifted the flask to his lips.  A bead of blood ran down his chin as he lowered the flask.

“When I gave that to you, it was supposed to be for alcohol,” Drake said.  He stuffed a square of the meat into his mouth.

“Yeah, well its not like alcohol does me any good,” Nathan said.

“You remind me of Leneath’s father,” Rachel said.

“That man was a cheating, lying scumbag,” Desmond said before shoving some meat into his mouth.

Leneath let out a hiss and Nathan handed her her glass.  She took it and took several large gulps of it before setting it down and topping it off.  She set the glass down and nibbled on a carrot.

“He doesn’t mean that,” Rachel assured.  She shot a look at Desmond and narrowed her eyes, who in turn shrugged and took another bite of his dinner.

“Yes, yes I do,” Desmond said after he swallowed.

Leneath went to stand up and Nathan took her shoulder, forcing her

“Desmond!” Rachel snapped, “We don’t need to have this argument now.” She offered a smile. “We have guests, must we do this now?”

“You brought him up,” Desmond shrugged.

Leneath stood.  “My father was a good man!” she snapped angrily.

Nathan once again handed her the glass of wine and sat her down.  She grumbled under her breath and Drake shook his head.  He felt something prodding at the back of his head and instantly whipped around, knife ready to strike.

Desmond scratched his ear. “Well if he’s protected find a way in,” he said.

Drake turned and narrowed his eyes at Desmond.  He studied the man’s face for a breif moment before he turned to Rachel. “You have any Reader’s that work for you?”

"Several vampires live within the city, it's not surprising that one wants to read your thoughts.  A hunter has a vast memory that could be invaluable in the right hands.  Actualy a few of them fought for the Lyrakk forces."

"You didn't answer my question," Frake said.  He drummed his fingers on the table and looked to Desmond once more.

"I don't care how strong his defenses are.  Get inside his head, we have to know why he is here," Desmond hissed.

"Who are you talking to?" Drake said.

"No one," Desmond said lowering his hand.  Drake kept an eye on his as they ate.  Rachel began to speak about how they were so lucky to have been allowed to raise Leneath after her mothers unfortunate accident involving handcuffs and alcohol.  Leneath looked ready to strangle Rachel when Desmond cut in, "Leneath's mother was an abusive whore who shouldn't have had the ability to raise a child to begin with."

"My mother was not a whore!" Leneath snapped. "You don't know my parents!  They were good people!" Drake noticed her empty glass and the mostly empty wine bottle.

"Nathan, take her home," Drake said.

"Rachel had you wrong, you're smarter than Leneath's bastard father," Desmond said.

Leneath went to lunge at him and Nathan took her arms. "Come on, Leneath.  Lets go get some fresh air."

They left quickly and Drake looked around.  He cringed at the sound of breaking glass.  Drake stood and went to investigate the sound.  He found Leneath sobbing in Nathan's arms, a glass shards from a broken vase lay around them.

Drake hung back and listened as Leneath blubbered to Nathan about beauty and she wound her arms around his neck.

"Leneath, you're drunk," Nathan said trying to push her away.

"There's no way I'd do this sober," Leneath said and pressed her lips to Nathan's.  She got on her knees and took his face in her hands, tangling them in his hair.  He took her waist in his hand,piulling s and she pulled her lips away from his.  She turned a pale shade of red and Nathan picked her up.  He blinked rapidly as he nodded to Drake and then headed for the door.  Drake turned back to the room with Rachel and Desmond.

“We don’t know why they are here, Rachel,” Desmond hissed. “I don’t care if he’s good looking or not.  He’s a dangerous man, a Hunter nonetheless.  One with previous affiliations to the Lyrakk forces!  We didn’t have the greatest relationship with all of the Lyrakk Commanders and Generals.  We must be careful, the boy could be Lyrakk as well.”

“We can trust him, he says he’ll be gone by tomorrow,” Rachel said.

“And you said you wouldn’t sleep with that whore of a Sakurian bitch!” Desmond roared,  “Yet, I distinctly remember walking in on the two of you.  Leneath was right next door.  You will let me deal with Drake as I see fit!”

Drake returned to the table and grabbed his knife, stuffing it back in his boot, he bent down and placed his mouth beside Rachel’s ear, whispering softly to her.  “I might take you up on some company the next time I come around Rysen.” He pressed his lips to the skin beneath her ear and she gasped.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

231K 6.2K 52
L U C I F E R' S L O V E Lucifer has never known love. He's been beaten all his life. Told that he's worthless, but one day he escapes his abuse. He...
184 1 11
For once in her life Katherine actually thought everything was okay and would go back to normal. Boy was she wrong. Lucifer her angel, is gone, saved...
34 26 26
The walls between heaven, hell, and earth no longer exist. There are no more rules, and humans are becoming extinct. Only the strong and the clever w...
107 0 52
Fate has chosen a young demoness to work for Lucifer, the king of hell, but communication with him is not always easy. Lucifer is a ladies' man and i...