Blood Family

By LexTheAuthor

"Don't ever leave me again" With age comes responsibility, some comes sooner than for others. Being in a fami... More

Before you read/ Family Tree
Chapter One : Matrimony
Chapter Two : Propostion
Chapter Three : Chance Encounters
Chapter Four : Switching It Up
Chapter Five : Out of Line
Chapter Six : Pawns
Chapter Seven : Loosing Your Head
Chapter Eight : All This Love
Chapter Nine : Plotting & Vengence
Chapter Ten : Deadly Moves
Chapter Eleven : Alvin
Chapter Thirteen : Grimy
Chapter Fourteen : Nice & Slow
Chapter Fifteen : Old & New
Chapter Sixteen : Christmas Eve
Chapter Seventeen : Incriminating
Chapter Eighteen : Fireworks
Chapter Ninteen : Look What You've Done
Chapter Twenty : Drugs R Us
Chapter Twenty One : Bygones Be Bygones
Chapter Twenty Two : Coming To Light
Chapter Twenty Three : Have You Ever
Chapter Twenty Four : Exchange
Chapter Twenty Five : Come See Me
Chapter Twenty Six : Burning
Chapter Twenty Seven : Mo Money Mo Problems
Chapter Twenty Eight : Savage
Chapter Twenty Nine : 5-O
Chapter Thirty : Doubts & Fear
Chapter Thirty One : Unconditional
Chapter Thirty Two : Ironic
Chapter Thirty Three : Growth
Chapter Thirty Four : Resentment
Chapter Thirty Five : California Love
Chapter Thirty Six : Cause & Effect
Chapter Thirty Seven : Cut You Off
Chapter Thirty Eight : I Care
Chapter Thirty Nine : Well Done
Chapter forty : No Mercy
Chapter Forty One : Brotherhood
Chapter Forty Two : Too Close
Chapter Forty Three : Blood Line Part One
Chapter Forty Four : Blood Line Part Two
Epligoue

Chapter Twelve : Insulting

171K 3.2K 9.1K
By LexTheAuthor

Reminder : I've been to only one wedding in my entire life and I was four... so bare with me some stuff might be left out or not added and some of this could be completely wrong because you can't trust google all the time 😒😂

Ajani Turner

"Is fadda here yet? Nothing is going right, the flowers haven't been delivered and nobody can even find my groom" I said with tears filling my eyes. My mother made me sit down as she grabbed a tissue and dabbed at my eyes while I looked at her helplessly.

There was a knock on the door and I looked up wondering who it was. Moments later Angelo entered with his dress shirt unbuttoned and his hand covering his eyes. I wondered since he was here had Kaine finally showed up.

"Angelo we're decent" My mother said and he moved his hands before clearing his throat awkwardly. I slowly stood up and approached him causing him to take a few steps back frightened at what I was about to do.

"I woke up this morning and Kaine was gone, I tried to hold off on telling you so I could find him but I can't. His bag and stuff is gone so maybe he went to have some quiet time and then he plans on coming?" Angelo said and I looked down at the dress I was wearing before I let a tear drop fall, he was two hours late.

"Maybe fadda was right, maybe we are to young to get married. My fadda didn't even show up and I don't have anyone to walk me down the ais-" I said before pausing once uncle Ohaji walked in fixing his bow.

"I'll be back I have to go find find your father, hopefully I don't accidentally strangle him to death" my mother mumbled as she walked out. Angelo cleared his throat before he awkwardly looked at me.

"Don't worry Jani, Kaine will come or I'll beat him up. You look beautiful by the way" Angelo winked before he left out to go finish getting dressed. I looked at O helplessly and he looked around as if I was looking at someone else.

"If my fadda doesn't show up before the wedding and if Kaine does show up. Will you walk me down the aisle? I just wanna get this day over with and you're like more of a grandfather than my own, not that it makes me love him less but I do love you more" I said quietly and he looked at me growing shy all of a sudden.

"If you want me to I'll do it, I never had any daughters but you and your mother kinda filled that void" he said as he looked around the room. I would've hugged him but I didn't want to ruin his shirt with my makeup.

"If I do have children in the future then you can be their God fadda also, Kaine and I talked about it and I know how you did want more children but didn't to appease uncle Calvin which wasn't fair to you" I said and he stared at me for awhile before he smiled showing the dimples in his face.

"You're probably my favorite" he admitted and I smiled too as uncle Zaire appeared. He was holding a camera and he looked at me.

"Your mom wants pictures of you throughout your wedding day for the photo album" he said and I nodded. Uncle O pulled me into him and Zaire snapped the picture before he held the camera up and got in the picture with us.

Johan appeared and he looked like he had to tell me some bad news. I took a deep breath and stared at him awaiting whatever he had to say knowing I'd have to suck it up and be disappointed.

"Fadda is passed out drunk in the room. He spent all night and morning drinking, but you could cut him some slack he's sad you're getting married we all are" Johan said looking away.

"He's a grown man and drinks to cope with his problems and if he doesn't see that that's a problem then I don't know what else I can say. Today was my day, the day I've been planning for months and my father can't even walk me down the aisle because he's selfish and only thinking about his feelings. He could've even gotten drunk at the reception and I wouldn't care, but you know what bwoy? Tell him not to even bother because I want uncle O to walk me now anyway" I said calmly while I looked at my dress in the mirror.

"Kaine's here!" Angelo shouted as he ran passed and I sighed in relief. Johan gave me a look as if he knew I was holding in my tears before he walked away to go take his seat in the church.

"Ajani quickly sit down let me touch up your make up! I swear you're ruining our dream wedding" Yoli said before she caught on to my stare. She sat down the clipboard she was holding and helped me fix my makeup.

"What about the flowers?" I questioned sadly and Yoli smiled to herself as my grandfather entered holding two different types of flowers.

"I didn't know what kind you wanted so instead I bought thousands of each" he said and my eyes widened. Yoli scolded me as she finished applying my makeup and I rolled my eyes and sat still.

She'd been hinting at Khan how she wanted a wedding like this one day and he laughed at her every time she brought it up. They hadn't been dating that long and I honestly thought their relationship was just a simple hook up.

Yoli crushed on Angelo for the longest and they dated briefly until she realized it wouldn't work and he didn't really wanna be with her so they broke up after four months of dating, though she admitted he was good in bed.

Then a few months later she fell for my uncle who was only a few years older than us. I was creeped out but it was her life so if she wanted to date the bwoy then she could do that, seeing Khan get married would be interesting.

I looked at my wrist once Yoli finished my wedding and my eyes widened once I realized my bracelet was missing.

"I know I'm not suppose to see you so can someone please give this to my future wife?" Kaine's voice said as he placed his arm into the room and dangled my charm bracelet.

"Why did you have my bracelet?" I questioned once O took it from him. He clasped it on my wrist and I stared at Kaine's hand before he moved it back.

"I noticed the clasp was about to break so I had to search around for somebody to fix it and even then I didn't trust anybody so I had to watch them fix it. I'm sorry for being late and I can't wait to marry you" Kaine said and I smiled.

"Aw that's so cute now go get in position before I push you down! You'll see her in five minutes!" Yoli shouted turning into the maid of honor from hell.

My grandfather took the flowers he was holding out and he and Kaine walked away. While I stood up from my spot. My make up looked really nice and I had Yoli and the makeup artist to thank for that and my mother had done my hair in an up do.

"You ready for this? Marriage is important and its sacred, he's the one you wanna spend your life with?" O questioned and I smiled shyly and nodded. Kaine was someone special and he impacted my life and was there for me through a really tough time in my life and after that, I wanted to be his wife.

The people in my wedding were lining up in he hallway. My aunt Jayla on my fadda's side gave me a wink as she linked arms with her husband and my cousin Lina stood with Johan along with Yoli and Khan, Sincere and another one of my cousins Andrea and Ciara and Harlem who I didn't want in my wedding but settled for.

When the music started I took a deep breath growing emotional already. I wondered if Kaine was going to cry because if he cried then I'd start balling and ruin my makeup and I knew Yoli might take off her heels and tackle me on the ground.

Butterflies fomed in my stomach as I held the bouquet of flowers and took another deep breath as the pairs walked out. Yoli gave me a thumbs up before she and Khan turned the corner and I closed my eyes hearing the piano.

"Cmon I got you and if you cry I'm tripping you" O teased as I linked arms with him. I looked up at him and he gave me his signature smirk.

"Thank you again, for everything" I said quickly and he winked before looking straight ahead as we preceded to walk at a slower pace.

My long dress trailed behind us and as we entered the room everyone turned and looked at us. The decorations turned out even more beautiful than I could've imagined and I couldn't help the fact that my face turned a little red.

I squeezed my uncles arm a little tighter as I tried to avoid looking at my closest family and friends. When my eyes finally landed on Kaine he wasn't even looking at me, Angelo who was his best man was smiling and nudging him with his elbow.

Kaine smiled showing his deep dimples as he finally looked up at me and his eyes stayed glued to me as I approached. He bit down on his lower lip and looked down briefly before he eyed me again.

Before I got to where Kaine was standing I noticed my father had slipped into a seat near my mother. He was wearing sun glasses and a few people looked at him as if wondering why he wasn't the one walking me down the aisle.

He tried to give me a smile and I quickly looked away from him. I had to place my hand over my chest and glance back at my mother who gave a comforting smile.

"We are gathered together on this beautiful afternoon to share with Ajani and Kaine as they exchange vows of their everlasting love. Who gives this woman to be married to this man?" The preacher questioned.

"Her parents and family do" O said placing my hand in Kaine's before he took a seat in the front next to my grandfathers and my grandmother.

"As Ajani and Kaine take their vows today, we are privileged to witness the joyous love of a new family -- a family that will be nourished and nurtured through the devotion of two separate individuals growing together through the common bonds of love. May their marriage bring them the peace, joy, comfort and contentment that is known in the hearts of all God's children. And may Kaine and Ajani both look forward to each new season of their marriage --- just as the world looks forward to each new season of the year. For all seasons bring with them their own special moments and memories" He said and Kaine and I snuck a look at each other shyly.

"An essential requirement of a good marriage is a strong bond of real friendship and trust. Ajani and Kaine, your love for each other will grow deeper with every passing day, but it's important to remember that your love stands on a foundation of genuine, mutual affection and respect for each other. To truly LOVE another person is to be willing to accept both their strong points, and their weak points, with equal measures of understanding and respect. The vows you are about to exchange, will serve as a verbal representation of the non-verbal emotions that are as real as any thing that can be seen, heard or touched. For it is not the words that you will speak today that will bond you together as one --- but the strength of the love and commitment found deep within your souls" he continued.

Kaine and I took a hold of each others hands as we face one another. I could see a flash out of the corner of my eye and just stared into Kaine's eyes because it was the only thing keeping my calm while I waited for him to recite his vows.

"Ajani, you are my best friend. I never would've imagined when we first met that we would be standing here, in fact back then I didn't think that I'd be standing here with anybody. You were my first love and everything I could ever ask for. I can remember being young and asking God for a better life and something that would bring me joy and he brought me you. I promise to laugh with you, cry with you, and grow with you. I will love you when we are together and when we are apart. I promise to support your dreams and to respect our bond, and to love you and be by your side through all the days and nights of our lives" Kaine said as he began to get choked up and I felt a tear slide down my face.

"Now how am I suppose to match that?" I questioned tearfully as everyone laughed. I sniffled and took a deep breath as Kaine smiled and wiped my tear away for me.

"You have been my best friend, partner in crime, confidant and my greatest challenge. But most importantly, you are the love of my life and you make me happier than I could ever imagine and more loved than I ever thought possible. You have made me a better person, as our love for one another is reflected in the way I live my second chance at life. So I am truly blessed to be a part of your life, which as of today becomes our life together" I said through tears.

"Now let us pray" the preacher said and everyone bowed their heads while he lead us in prayer. Kaine's grip on my hand tightened a little bit and I opened my eyes some and looked down at his hand before smiling small.

When the prayer was done we let go of each others hands and looked at each other while Angelo patted his pockets.

"Now for the rings?" The preacher questioned and Angelo handed them to him quickly looking relived he didn't have to hold on to them anymore.

"Do you Kaine take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, in sickness and in heath, in good times and woe, for richer or poorer, keeping yourself solely unto her for as long as you both shall live?" He questioned.

"I do" Kaine smiled again and I bit my lip not taking my eyes off of him, it was like I was falling deeper in love as he slid the ring on my finger.

"And do you Ajani take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, in sickness and health, to love, honor and obey, in good times and woe, for richer or poorer, keeping yourself solely unto him for as long as you both shall live?" He questioned.

"I do" I said quietly placing the ring on his.

"If there be anyone present who may show just and lawful cause why this couple may not be legally wed, let him speak now or forever hold his peace" the preacher said and my father cleared his throat causing a few people to look at him and my mother elbowed him in the stomach and told him to shut up quietly.

"By the authority vested in me I now pronounce you man and wife and what God hath joined together, let no man nor woman put asunder. You may now kiss your bride" he said and Kaine pulled me into him slowly before he kissed my lips and everyone clapped while some (my grandmother) cried.

"Introducing Mr and Mrs. Turner" he said as we turned to face our family and friends. Kaine and I held hands reminding me of the first time we held hands in the car after he told me he didn't want to be my friend, who would've thought I'd end up being his wife?

"Now you're stuck with me for life and I'm the happiest person on earth" I said looking at him and he smirked.

"You're stuck with me for life too" he said and I smiled a little before my smile faltered once I realized my fadda was leaving the church but I had to smile through it, he'd almost ruined my wedding day and he'd hurt me deeply.

It'd take a lot to forgive him for this, he put his feelings before mine and showed how manipulative he could be, I just didn't realize it before.

"Don't let him ruin our day, I just wanna see you smile. We got a flight to Italy in a few hours and I can't wait for our first adventure as a married couple" Kaine said as he rubbed my cheek causing me to blush and the butterflies returned.

-

Yoli snapped her fingers causing me to look at her as if she was crazy. I picked up my fork while she continued to eye me weirdly and I occasionally looked up at her.

"You spaced out for a few minutes, what's wrong with you?" She questioned and I grew embarrassed. I chewed the salad in my mouth thinking back to my wedding with Kaine and how he still made me feel happy and proud like that everyday.

"It's nothing I'm just tired. I slept in really late today" I said quietly and Yoli seemed to perk up some as she sat her chopsticks down and looked at me giving her full attention.

"You should be about 6 weeks now right? This might sound odd but I'm afraid to have children because I don't want a doctor to look at my vagina it's really awkward and uncomfortable" She said quietly so nobody would overhear and I nodded my head.

"Well when you are pregnant and you do go into labor you honestly won't give a shit who sees, you just want to meet your child and you want the pain to be over. I gave birth to Knox at home - well my parents home and there was only four people in the room including Kaine. I didn't care" I shrugged.

I continued to eat not noticing someone come up and stand by the table. Yoli gasped and stood up causing me to glance at the man that appeared. His cologne smelled nice and was a little strong making me a bit nauseous.

He was a chocolate skin complexion and had a nose ring similar to Kaine. He was tall and had a full beard and looked oddly familiar as he turned his attention to me and extended his hand for me to shake slowly.

"Ajani this is a friend of mine Hassan Blake, he plays for the Knicks and he just did a photoshoot for some of the men's clothing on my site" she said as I shook his hand.

"It's nice to meet you" I said being polite and he continued to stare at me while shaking my head until he caught on to me wanting him to let go.

"My bad I'm so sorry, it's just yo- married?" he said eyeing the ring in my finger. I smiled and nodded holding my hand up.

"It was nice meeting you" I said giving him a hint and he caught on before turning to Yoli and offering her another hug.

"I'll see you around, that website of yours will be big. I hope to see you around too, maybe you and your husband can come to one of my games" Hassan said before walking off.

A few people in the restaurant were star struck by him as he made his way up the top part of the restaurant. He was with a few other tall men I assumed to be basketball players as well.

"Wow congratulations. He's sure to bring a lot of traffic to your website" I congratulate and she smiled shyly while she stuck her straw in her Long Island ice tea and sipped on it.

"He is so sexy lawd! Let Khan keep fucking up and I'm leaving his ass and pulling a baller, it's obvious Hassan has eyes for you, you're beautiful" she complimented.

"Yoli you're beautiful too, you get hit on more than I do. I like my men short anyway it's easy for eye contact and to wrap my arms around his neck without him having to bend down" I said and she laughed.

"Is that what you tell Kaine when he cries himself to sleep?" Yoli questioned as she laughed and I stared at her with a mug.

"Fine, I'll admit Kaine isn't that short he's like 5'8 or 9 right? And you're 5'4 so that's perfect" She said trying to hold in her laugh and I rolled my eyes.

"Marrying someone tall wouldn't even matter because my fadda is tall and my mama is short. Johan is really tall and I ended up being short and out of Ainsley and Seven it's obvious that Seven will be short" I said and she nodded.

"True but I'm like an inch taller than Kaine so it's just awkward" she laughed as she ate one of her tuna rolls.

"This reminds me, I need to do grocery shopping. Wanna go with me?" I questioned looking up at my friend while she chewed.

"Yeah I'll go with you" she agreed and I looked up at Q who joined us at the table along with Sharif. I stared at the both of them wondering why they were still snooping around New York, they along with Johan had already tagged along on our night out a few weeks ago.

I glanced at the both of them who had taken it upon themselves to eat our appetizers. I gave the both of them a look of annoyance and Sharif looked up at me while he chewed and smiled.

"Did you tell Ajani how you're passionately in love with her?" Q questioned and I closed my eyes briefly before opening them and staring at my cousin.

"We actually discussed that awhile ago and Sharif doesn't have feelings for me, you'd know that if you all stop trying to force him to" I said.

"Exactly I'm not Marco alright? I have no problem dating but she has to be cool like Ajani and Yoli and not on some other shit like a lot of these women these days" he explained.

"As she should be cool like us" Yoli smiled. Q attempted to stick another fork in my salad and I stared at him for awhile until he slowly sat it down.

"Hey is that Hassan Blake?" Sharif questioned pointing towards the basketball player. Yoli nodded her head and he frowned.

"Dre and him almost got into a fight on the court, it's all over social media" he explained and I glanced back at the man who was already looking at me. When we made eye contact he looked away and I raised an eyebrow confused.

"Whatever fuck that nigga. What are y'all doing after this?" Q questioned looking at me and I shrugged my shoulder.

"I'm going to go home and relax and then Yoli and I are going to to go grocery shopping before my husband starts complaining about having no snacks" I said trying to hide my laugh.

I did the shopping in the house because Kaine would go and by a bunch of junk food. Once he realized that you could buy organic Oreos and almost any other junk food it was over and he was hyped.

So instead of sending him and him coming back with snacks I bought what we needed along with healthy snacks which was why Knox was so fascinated with cookies because he didn't have them at home.

"Why are you both still in New York anyway? I thought there was an agreement to stay away from each others territories?" Yoli questioned and Sharif paused mid chew of the roll he was eating.

"Jade wanted us to check some stuff out for him so he could sleep a little easier. Moriah told us about what was going on, we aren't trying to step on any toes we're just doing what we're told" Q explained.

"I already have the cartel on it, it's fine I promise. You both can go back" I said and slapping Sharifs hand down as he tried to grab my fork.

"You know what take the salad and while you're at it pay our bill" I said pushing my food over to him as Q motioned for the waitress to come over.

"Yo, we wanna order two plates of lasagna and make it real cheesy with a large bowl of bread sticks" Q ordered and the waitress jotted it down.

"Would you like anything to drink?" She questioned and he and Sharif shared a look before they ordered a Pepsi and a Sprite.

"This will all be together so add it to the same bill" he said and the woman jotted it down before going on her way.

"Happy now?" Q questioned and I rolled my eyes and watched Sharif go in on my salad. I looked around the restaurant that was decorated in Christmas colors and sighed.

"Christmas is coming and Knox is actually old enough to point at the tv and get excited, so that's something to look forward to" I smiled.

Yoli went to open her mouth and speak but she grew quiet quickly. Her eyes stayed on someone and I turned around to see what she was looking at.

Two men entered wearing expensive coats and they had their hair slicked back. Feeling someone touch my shoulder one of my guards had snuck up behind me and made me get up quickly before motioning for everyone to do the same.

The two men that had entered the restaurant approached a table where a man was eating spaghetti and it sunk in that they were all Italians.

"Brandon, what's going on?" I questioned him as we moved towards the exit with Yoli, Q and Sharif in tow. It was like something out of the movies the way these men pulled out automatics and fired rounds into the man who was in mid chew and the date he was with.

Everyone in the restaurant began to shriek and I was quickly whisked outside catching the eye of the basketball player that Yoli knew who was being escorted to the back of the restaurant by his body guard and some of the staff.

Tables got turned over and the men gave each other a look before they began to take out witnesses. That's all I saw before we left out and I was quickly placed into my car that was already started up.

"Bwoy call me when you get back to your hotel" I warned Q who agreed before he and Sharif jogged across the parking lot.

Yoli got into the car with me and I pulled off feeling oddly calm. I wasn't afraid more so shocked they'd did that so publicly like they didn't care about being caught, maybe they didn't.

"Let's just relax at my place so I can change clothes and make one of those teas. We can go grocery shopping after" Yoli suggested and I agreed while making a left turn.

I wondered if that murder had anything to do with Jenny's mother being killed?

Harlem Johnson

I placed my hand over my chest as I struggled to come down the stairs. Raheem was sitting on his car and looking at me as I made my way over to him slowly trying to keep from growing winded but I could barely breathe.

"I just got out of the hospital, you need to be coming to me" I said struggling out. He motioned for me to follow him over to the back where his trunk was and I leaned over and breathed slowly trying to make it less painful then what it was.

"Nobody told you to get your retarded ass shot, watch your fucking mouth with those people" He said and I shook my head as I looked at the guns in the back of the car and the ammunition.

"Shut the fuck up! Why are you riding around with this much heat on you anyway? You know they're looking to pull us over whenever" I explained and he fanned me off and folded his hands.

I noticed that he was sweating and he looked sick as fuck. I reached out to touch him and he moved his arm and looked at me as he let out a cough.

"You need to go to the hospital or something, you can't keep going cold like this you're going to get sick or start using" I said looking away and Raheem sighed.

"I'm good right now, I came to check on you and tell you how dumb it was of you to try and get slick with Ohaji like he wouldn't try and kill you" Raheem said and I smacked my teeth and looked at him with annoyance.

"Not like you would do much anyway so you coming here is pointless. I'm coming for O's crown regardless and proving everyone who doubted me wrong. He gave this business to me as a joke and I'm going to prove that nigga wrong, Kaine is weak!" I said growing loud but catching myself.

"Look that needs to take a backseat to the current situation. Vinny agreed on the basketball game and we gotta worry about what's going on with the Alvin situation because it effects us also" he scolded and I closed my eyes.

"I just got shot, you gotta let me relax. I can barely fucking breathe, I don't know how people with lung or heart problems deal" I said wheezing.

"Suck that shit up, you're the leader so lead us. Now ain't the time to be feeling sorry for yourself, you did get us into this" he said and I clenched my jaw.

"You stay taking they fucking side, fuck all this shit and be gone from my house bitch!" I yelled holding my chest and Raheem looked at me.

"Cool say no fucking more. I'm gone!" He snapped as he slammed his trunk down. I backed up and watched my older brother get into his car and pull off like he was fucking crazy.

"Hope you get into a car accident or pulled over. Fucking bitch" I said under my breath as I slowly walked back to my place and went up the stairs.

Once I shut the door and locked it I had to lean against the door and close my eyes for a second. Opening my mouth some I wheezed taking in some air but could feel a sharp pain and didn't know what to do.

My daughter came out of the living room holding a doll and she looked at me with her big brown eyes. She appeared scared and I quickly straightened my posture and took a hold of her hand bringing her back into the living room.

When I took a seat on the couch I pulled her onto my lap and she continued to stare at me seeming fearful as she pointed towards my chest that was being covered with a black sweater.

"I'm good, it only hurts a little bit" I assure her as I kissed her hand. Carmen smiled and cuddled into me and played with the black Barbie doll she was holding.

"Why are you still here?" Theresa questioned as she walked into the living room. She was dressed in workout clothes and carrying a water bottle.

"Because I pay the bills here and my place is being renovated, but feel free to leave and not come back" I said sarcastically as I focused on the television.

Theresa took a seat on the couch with us and stared at me. Carmen climbed down from my lap with her doll and retook her seat on the pillow, she was dressed and I assumed Theresa was about to take her to daycare soon.

"Ciara called about an hour ago going on and on about some dumb shit" she said waving her hand and I licked my lips and glanced at her.

"What dumb shit? Is she in labor or something?" I questioned knowing she should be due any time now and Theresa placed her hand under her chin and thought about it.

"No, I don't think that's it. She said something about you stopping by with something" she said handing me my phone.

I rubbed my chest and looked through my text messages before I saw Ciara's name. Clicking on the message made me remember about how I was suppose to bring some baby shit over to her place.

I'd had somebody stop by the day before and do the nursery and I was suppose to bring clothes and give her a couple thousand.

"Shit, I don't wanna get up again" I mumbled sending her a text and asking her to come and get it. Theresa chuckled to herself as she rested her leg across my lap and looked at me.

"Do you love her?" She questioned and I frowned and thought about it. I didn't love either one of them but I did like to fuck them.

"Love is such a strong word, that's like asking me if I love my mother" I said scratching my eyebrow. She smacked her teeth and looked at me with a serious facial expression causing me to look down at my lap and laugh.

"Why do you care if I love her? It wouldn't matter because I can't stand her ass for more than an hour tops, she's always complaining about something" I mumbled.

"Well you're the one who fucked her raw and got her pregnant, this could've been avoided had you not cheated on me with her and got with her to begin with" Theresa said as I rubbed her leg.

"Well it's to late for all of that and I fuck everyone raw" I said lowly and she punched me in the shoulder as hard as I could and moved her legs while I laughed.

"You aren't even funny, don't even play like that. I have a baby in my stomach and a daughter to raise, the last thing I need is HIV" she said folding her arms.

"How long did the doctor say you were again?" I questioned looking at her stomach that stuck out some and she pulled her shirt down some to cover her belly.

"Three months almost" she said quietly and I nodded. Theresa brushed her hand over my waves and I looked at her.

"Have you noticed that a lot of people want what Ajani and Kaine have? I don't want what they have but I want you to look at me like he looks at her and I want you to wanna settle down and marry me, now it's like we just do shit to hurt each other" she said quietly and I nodded in agreement.

"Then let's get married then, I won't stop sleeping around but I do care about you more than any other woman and you nursed me back to health" I pointed out and Theresa's eyes widened as she stared at me.

"Harlem don't play, I'm about to have a heart attack" she said as she stood up. My daughter glanced back at us probably wondering what the fuck was wrong with her mother.

"I'm being foreal lets get married if that's what you wanna do. I just wanna do it to say I did it" I shrugged and Theresa looked at.

"Our wedding has to be better than Kaine and Ajani's wedding, people are still talking about how nice it was and they didn't even get an invite, I want people to be talking about our wedding for decades" she said and I smiled.

"Now you're speaking my language, I'm always up to outdo somebody" I winked. Theresa walked over and picked Carmen up causing her to cry.

"Mommy!" She whined wanting to be put down. Theresa ignored how upset she was and grabbed her jacket that was on the couch.

"It's time for daycare, mommy has some errands to run and daddy isn't feeling good" she warned as she kissed our daughters cheek.

Carmen looked at me with a pitiful look and I blew a kiss at her as she laid her head on her mother's chest sadly.

Once Theresa left I pulled out a small Baggie of weed I had tied and sniffed the bag before leaning forward deciding to roll a blunt and smoke before Ciara came over.

-

Ciara looked completely hopeless as I carried out bags to her car. She was wearing leggings and a sweater along with a beanie and a thicker jacket. She remained silent and didn't say anything slick to me which caught me off guard.

"What's wrong with you?" I questioned and she shrugged her shoulders and popped her trunk. I placed the bags into the trunk before taking a deep breath and she eyed me briefly before going to get into her car but I stopped her.

Reaching into my pocket I handed her my black card and she looked at it for awhile almost like she wasn't going to take it or some shit.

"I don't need it, I've been talking to my dad and I think it's time I tried to get back in his good graces. He's going to start back putting money into my account weekly if I start working and I've decided to start a shoe line, something simple for right now" she said and I raised an eyebrow as if I hadn't heard her correctly.

Ciara handed me back my card and I looked at her for awhile before putting it away. She had this bittersweet look in her eyes.

"So what's the game plan for when I give birth? Yoli already promise to be in the room with me so I can just call you when he gets here" she said and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm going to be there when my son is born, that's not even up for discussion" I said and she nodded her head and sighed.

"Well you never answer your phone so how am I suppose to call you when I'm in labor? Once labor starts I'm not going to be concerned with trying to track you down while you lay up with the next bitch, that's just not going to happen, so maybe you should answer the fucking phone!" She snapped and I looked away.

"Just chill, I'll answer the phone" I said looking down at her stomach that was protruding. Ciara rolled her eyes and climbed into her car before looking at me with annoyance.

The engine of a car made me look up quickly and I eyed the unfamiliar car that drove through the neighborhood. It stopped infront of the house up the street and a teenage girl came running out and hopped inside the car.

Sighing in relief I glanced back at Ciara who was still staring at me. She was going to start her car but she paused and placed her hand over her stomach.

"Are you okay? You seem jumpy, like someone's out to get you" she questioned and I was about to respond until I noticed the ring on her finger.

"Who bought you that?" I questioned and she made a face before glancing at her hand. She looked up at me with a look of confusion.

"My dad bought it and since you won't answer my questions there's really no other reason for me to be here. Move so I can close my door" she demanded but I didn't budge.

"I think I'm going to marry Theresa" I admitted and she remained silent and continued to rub her stomach growing a bit saddened.

"My dad also wants me to come up with a custody plan and put you on child support, he already has my lawyers lined up. If I were you I'd get her to sign a prenup" she shrugged and I looked at her like she was crazy.

"Are you fucking kidding me? A custody plan and child support? Are you fucking stupid?!" I questioned eyeing this stupid bitch and she stared at me emotionless.

"No I'm being smart and thinking of my child, I didn't say I was going to not allow you to see him but I want a schedule set in stone and since my father is back taking care of me until I get back on my feet I don't need your money, but your son does wether it goes towards college in the future or pampers and clothes" she shrugged and I felt the urge to punch her in the face.

"I thought we were suppose to be goals? This isn't goals, Ajani wouldn't do this to Kaine" I said sarcastically and she smiled and folded her arms.

"They're married so it doesn't matter but if they did get divorced I can assure you she'd get custody of Knox and put him on child support hence the child support meaning. You act like your dealing with someone who's been broke all of their life. My fathers money is longer than yours, or did you forget he's worth billions?" She questioned and I clenched my jaw and slammed her car door for her.

"Fuck you, you fucking cunt" I mumbled and she rolled down the window and held up her middle finger before staring her car up.

I rubbed my chest and walked up the steps as she pulled off with an attitude. Fuck that dumb whore, I almost felt bad for her but she reminded me of why I didn't like her stupid ass.

When I got into the house I slammed the door and looked out the window. The same car as before was still sitting in front of that house up the street.

I turned the locks before I walked into the living room and laid on the couch. Everything was starting to go south, I was about to be put on child support for a baby that wasn't even here yet and I was fighting with my brother over some petty shit.

I was so so done with every fucking body.

Kaine Turner

I squatted down and helped my son put on his shoe while he leaned his back into me with a pout on his face. Squeezing the top of his shoe I made sure he had a lot of room before making him stand up straight but he sat on the ground in the store and started to cry.

"Hijo why are you acting like that?" I questioned in a simple tone not giving his tantrum much attention as I removed the shoe. I stood up leaving him to lay on the ground and look at me, he kicked his shoeless foot out and a man going passed laughed.

"I'll take these and those Nike's" I tell the shoe saleswoman. She took the boxes to the front while I placed the timberlands my son was wearing when he came back on his feet. He finally got up and reached for me but I gently pushed his hands down and he ran after me crying while I walked to the front counter and preceded to pay the woman.

"Be quiet Guadalupe before I take you back to your real family in Mexico" I said dryly as he grabbed my finger and held on to it. He even went as far as to stand on my shoe with his small feet and pull at my shirt.

"My son acted the same way when I was pregnant with my daughter. He clung to everyone, some babies feel when they aren't going to be the baby or have all of the attention and preceded to act out. It's just a phase hopefully, my kids are older now and are very close and I can't even get my oldest to spend time with me anymore" the older woman said with a laugh.

She smiled and waved at Knox before she left the stood with her bag and I looked down at Knox who still wanted to be picked up. I got my card back and the check from the woman before placing everything in my wallet.

I lifted Knox up and grabbed the bags of shoes from the counter while he laid his head on my chest and I kissed his forehead wondering if what that woman said was true. I was going to divide time between my children, my wife and my drug business and I didn't want anyone to feel left out, the last thing I wanted was for Knox to turn out like O.

I placed the shoes into the trunk of my car before I got Knox some ice cream and we met up with Aaron who was in a clothing store being Indecisive.

My brother looked up when he saw us and I sat down and fed Knox some of the ice cream before eating some myself. It wasn't until I noticed Vinny in the store did I put my guard up and become more protective pulling Knox onto my lap.

"Well this is awkward, you lied to me Carlito" Vinny said letting out a whistle and I stared at him but he didn't get the hint. Knox opened his mouth and I scooped more ice cream onto the spoon and fed it to him.

"I learned that from you, I have a son and you have a son and a daughter that nobody knows about so I expect you follow your sisters lead and not open your mouth unless you want everyone to know about your children as well and you have way more enemies than I do" I stated dryly.

Vinny's jaw tightened and his six year old son came up to him and took a hold of his hand. He said something to his father wanting to leave the store and Vinny shushed him.

"Did you hear about what happened to my mother Carlito? What happened to her was very unfortunate and there are no suspects. My father won't even leave the house so I've had to take over the roll as boss so he can clear his head. It's a shame, it really is. My mother especially liked you and Jenny together" Vinny said keeping his hands clasped in front of him.

"My condolences to your family" I stated looking him in his eyes. Vinny nodded his head and looked around the store before back at me growing serious.

"No Carlito, my condolences to your family, I wonder who the first victim will be" he said looking at Knox and I smiled.

"That's not even something you should joke about Vincent, you know me and you know that if anything happens to my son everybody will die, even that little fucker standing next to you. I will slaughter him like an animal if you try me. Children are innocent, don't make me loose all of my morals" I said through clenched teeth.

Vinny glanced down at his son who hid behind him before he looked at me and knew what I was capable of doing. There was nowhere that he'd be able to hide from me and my family and I'd get to them all before Ajani could.

"Since I'm a reasonable guy anyone under he age of eighteen is safe and anyone over that age is of war age" Vinny said and I lowered Knox from my lap and stood up.

Aaron walked over and picked up Knox before leaving the store with the bag of clothes he had bought. I glanced over my shoulder and one of Knox's guards escorted them away from the store and towards my car.

I glanced back at Vinny before punching him in the face. He leaned down and I swung and punched him again and preceded to swing on him not sure if he was hitting back or not and I didn't stop until I heard his son start to cry.

I was yanked off of him by Kemba and another man and a few men wearing nice suits lifted Vinny up and asked if he was okay while side eyeing me.

"I take that as in the agreement is intact? Your little boy is beautiful Carlito and your secret is safe with me just like I assume mine is safe with you?" Vinny questioned as if I didn't just beat up on him.

I snatched away from Kemba before leaving out of the store realizing I had his blood on my sweater. Aaron had already put Knox in his car seat and was climbing in the car when I opened the driver door and hopped inside.

Pressing the start button I clenched my jaw and drove off while feeling my blood boiling. Aaron remained quiet and I turned the radio on as a form of distraction while I stayed alert making sure nobody was following me.

I wasn't even the one who came up with the idea to kill his mother but after today I'm a make sure he and his mob family get put six feet under, one by one. I knew it was only a matter of time until someone really got under my skin and he did just that.

When we got back to my place I grabbed Knox who'd started to fall asleep out of his car seat. Aaron followed me up the stairs and I unlocked the door and walked inside leaving Aaron to lock the door and enable the alarm.

"You didn't take a nap yet so let's take a nap" I said pulling my sons jacket off as I walked him upstairs. I knew Ajani was home because her car was parked in the front and I knew she was more than likely in the shower or sleeping and I needed to talk to her.

I removed Knox's shoes and pants before laying him in his crib and pulled his covers over his lower half tucking him in. He rolled over onto his stomach and closed his eyes getting comfortable.

I left out of his room and left the door cracked before going across the hall to my bedroom and pushed the door open. Ajani was wearing one of my old baseball jerseys and had it unbuttoned showing the lingerie she wore under it.

"I need to talk to you about something important" I said closing the doors and removing my shirt. I watched my wife take a seat at the foot of the bed and folded one of her legs over the other one before she looked at me.

"I need to tell you some stuff too, you go first" she said and I pulled my shoes off and walked them into the closet before joining her on the bed.

"Vinny showed up at the clothing store we were at and started acting all bold and shit like he doesn't known I'll kill him. I don't think he'll make any sudden choices because he knows we're watching him and we have a bunch of shit on him. He assumes I killed his mother though which is fine with me, I didn't really like the bitch" I shrugged and Ajani turned to look at me.

"Yeah I knew it was only a matter of time, I talked to that guy in Chicago you were talking about named Benny and explained everything to him. I also explained to him about your grandfather, the one you never told me was in the mob" she said and I looked away.

"That's because he never did shit for me, he doesn't give a fuck about any of this he just likes to get in the middle of shit that doesn't concern him. I don't want his fucking help, I'd rather go and get O if I felt like I needed help" I said through clenched teeth and she eyed me.

"I'm not saying you have to bond with him or accept him but until we figure out this Al situation and see how dangerous this man is we should use your grandfather as a distraction from Jenny and her brother. We let him deal with her for the time being and come up with three game plans, but more importantly you stay stress free" Ajani said saying the last part a bit lower as she straddled my lap.

I pulled her closer to me and she wrapped her legs around my waist and kissed my lips. When she pulled away I moved her off of my lap and stood up causing her to grow confused.

"Did you see the dress I got you? Knowing you, you tried it on and looked at the purse" I said and she tried to give me an innocent look but failed.

"It was calling my name, you know how much I like Chanel purses and buying clothes" she said folding her arms and I smirked and looked at her.

"I know, That's why I left it hanging. You like the dress?" I questioned and she nodded her head and stood up. I glanced at her stomach that still looked slim but a bit bloated at the same time.

"I heard some women start showing earlier with the second pregnancy, I think that's how I'll be" Ajani said as she glanced down at her stomach after catching on to what I was looking at.

"I remember when I use to say pregnancy disgusted me, then I realized knowing the fact that you're pregnant with my child and it's something we created it doesn't bother me like I thought it would" I shrugged as I retook my seat on the bed.

Ajani straddled my lap again and she closed her eyes and began to smile as she bit her lip like she was in her own world.

"Do you hear that? It's the song" Ajani said and I strained my ears to listen to the R.Kelly song that played in the background really lowly.

Ajani got up and cranked the volume on her phone as 'Honey Love' started to play and she looked at me with complete lust.

"This is the song that got you turned out and addicted to dick" I teased watching her body. She moved towards the door and locked it before she sung and danced along to it.

"This song makes me happy, even when we were high and drunk this song still played in rotation the night Knox was created. We still haven't been able to explain how Honey Love ended up in your future rotation" she said and I tilted my head, she was right.

I motioned for Ajani to come closer with my finger and she smiled and sauntered over to me. I gave her ass a slap before standing up.

I picked her up and her legs went around my waist as I continued to kiss her lips and carry her to the bathroom. I knew she wanted it just as bad as I did.

-

I woke up the next morning with the worst headache in the world. Knox was laying in Ajani's spot holding her iPad and watching 'Home' and digging in his nose. I sat up some and pulled him into me to cuddle but his eyes stayed glued to the screen and he whined and kicked his leg out trying to break free.

"Hijo you don't wanna cuddle with papà?" I questioned and he covered my mouth with his hand making me laugh. I kissed his cheek and he dropped the iPad on the bed and pulled away from me.

"No papá" he cried and I smacked my teeth and got up from the bed leaving him to watch his movie. When I went into the bathroom Ajani was applying makeup to her face and when she saw me she moved her stuff from my side of the sink.

"Why'd you let me sleep so late? Did you already cook breakfast?" I questioned and she nodded. It was going on ten in the morning and I hadn't slept in this late in awhile, probably not since I was a teenager.

"I didn't want to wake you up, you were having a bad day yesterday and your phone didn't ring all morning so there wasn't a need" she said as I began to brush my teeth. Ajani put away her makeup and wrapped her arms around my waist and kissed my back.

"Johan's coming over in a little while" she said as I spit into the sink. I rinsed my mouth out before taking a towel and wiping my mouth off.

"You never did tell me what you had to tell me yesterday?" I remind and Ajani let go of me and leaned on the sink next to me as I grabbed one of my wash clothes.

"When Yoli and I were at lunch two mob members came in and shot and killed this man in front of everyone" she explained and I busted out laughing.

"When I was twelve something similar happened. You gotta be careful what business you go into especially small ones because they own a lot of property around here, but I know you're smart" I said rubbing my face.

Once I finished washing my face I went over to the toilet and released my bladder. Ajani made a face and looked at me like I was weird.

"You get mad when I sit on the toilet to pee but when you do it it's okay?" She questioned as I pulled my pants up. I walked over to her and started to wash my hands as I pinned her against the sink and she tried to close her legs to keep from feeling my hard on.

"I don't like when you wear makeup, you're beautiful without it" I said kissing her lips and she smiled before turning her head.

"I won't wear any tomorrow" she said as I kissed her cheek. When I left out of the bathroom Knox was standing on the bed and he reached for me.

I noticed that he was already dressed for the day and I figured Ajani might've planned on taking him with her later. I carried my son out of the room and down the stairs where Aaron was in the living room watching Bleach and eating a cinnamon roll.

"Is this all you do on a Saturday? This can't be that interes-" I began but paused when I realized my brother was drawing a bunch of his own creations.

"What is that?" I questioned curiously and he looked at me as he stopped shading in the drawing.

"I'm creating my own manga, can you please not bother me for another twenty minutes?" He questioned looking back at his work.

"You're such a nerd I swear" I mumbled lowering Knox to the ground and he followed me into the kitchen. I noticed there was a bunch of fruit out and cinnamon rolls and I grabbed one before handing Knox and apple slice.

Someone rung the doorbell when I was mid chew and I didn't bother waiting for Aaron's lame ass to answer it. I walked to the front and looked out the peephole before I pulled the door open and Angelo stepped in.

"Did Ajani cook breakfast? I'm hungry as fuck" he mumbled and I pointed towards the kitchen and went to shut the door before Johan put his foot in front of the door stopping it.

"Bwoy you're still alive? Damn" Johan mumbled under his breath as I rolled my eyes and allowed him to come inside.

"Yeah, but you won't be much longer" I said sarcastically and he held up his middle finger. I locked my door back before I walked into the kitchen where Angelo was helping himself to the food on the table.

Johan had picked Knox up and they were mugging each other, Johan pressed his forehead against my sons and they held eye contact.

"I don't understand why you don't eat before you come here? You always eat up my shit and then wanna act an ass when I come over there and ask for something to eat like I'm such an inconvenience" I said and Angelo swallowed what was in his mouth.

"Cuz if you come over my place you can eat whatever you want in my kitchen. I'm hungry as fuck right now so I'm a need you to stop talking and let me go in on this" Angelo said as he took a large bite out of the cinnamon roll.

"Oh great you guys are here" Ajani smiled as she walked into the kitchen dressed. Johan lowered Knox to the ground before greeting his sister with a hug.

"Remember blink three times if he's beating you" he whispered and I smacked my teeth causing Ajani to let go of him.

"If he hit me he wouldn't be alive and you'd be helping me dispose of his body and come up with a good excuse to Knox for when he's older" Ajani said and I rolled my eyes as she walked over to me and wrapped her arms around my waist.

"I did a drive by on two mob members standing outside of their restaurant two days ago. I killed both and injured another one that was in the restaurant, Dash was with me" Johan said simply and Angelo looked at him.

"What is this? Is he your new best friend, we kill together" Angelo said as he pretended to grow offended and clutch his chest.

"Bwoy he means nothing to me, don't take it personal. You were with that Brazilian gyal and j didn't want to disturb you" Johan stated and Angelo looked at him and smiled.

"That means a lot to me Jo, it really does" he said before he began to laugh. I rolled my eyes before looking at Ajani who was texting on her phone.

"I made a deal with Vinny yesterday that we leave children out of this. It isn't there fault they were born into this and should be left alone" I said dryly.

"But for right now we aren't going to go after the mob directly. We'll leave the Caruso family to distract them for the time being while we trace who Alvin is, I would say it isn't our problem but he shot my husband and is targeting uncle Mo and Uncle Calvin and there's a possibility Kaine's brother is working with him" Ajani explained.

"Then let's kidnap Malik and let me shank him until he speaks, it works every time" Johan said and I actually agreed with him for once.

"After he made such a broad gesture to you, do you really think he'd be dumb enough to stay in the same spot?" Angelo questioned.

"No but that doesn't mean the cartel and I won't be able to find him. He was in prison right? Wave some Italian sausage around and he'll come out of hiding quickly" Johan said simply.

"And we have to keep Dash close even if that means doing something small for him here and there like giving him money and making sure Jenny doesn't get to him. We also have to worry about that batty bwoy you all work with" Ajani said looking at us all.

"I think I can get Raheem to see the bigger picture he's more levelheaded then his brother that's for sure so talking to him should be easy. But we still can't trust him fully, we can't tell him to go against Harlem, he has to make that decision for himself or it'll seem shady. But I can handle that, manipulating people has always been easy" I said quietly.

"Leave Harlem to me, I have fun making him look crazy. Everyone already thinks he's a loose cannon and hardly anyone in the drug business respects him, or I could kill him and get it over with, set his ass on fire" Angelo suggested.

"No, not yet. Harlem is on strike three and we need the bwoy alive just a little longer, he's not completely useless just watch out for him. Then again I don't have to warn any of you because none of you are stupid. Mo said to talk to Calvin about linking because that's the part of the business he runs right Kaine?" Ajani questioned and I nodded my head.

"Good. I'll pay my uncle a visit this weekend, I haven't seen that side of my family in awhile" My wife said as she went over to the counter and ate a grape.

"Johan we discussed it and you can have your machete back" I said under my breath and his eyes sparkled some as he glanced at his sister who nodded.

"I also made a hit list of the people we get in order so nobody does any reckless killings. Everyone has a target on their back so be careful" Ajani said and we all nodded.

I watched my wife walk out of the kitchen to go see what Knox was doing. He'd wandered out of the kitchen when we were talking to go bother Aaron I assumed.

"Jenny really fucked up when she decided to start war. Watch Ajani snipe her ass down from a roof" Angelo teased.

"That sounds like something she'd do, she's very calculated and cold sometimes. More crazy then her father in a creepy way" I said as I looked at my phone.

"The fun part hasn't even started yet" Johan said as he folded his arms behind his back and smiled to himself as he walked out of the kitchen.

"Johan is a fucking creep, he'd be a serial killer if he didn't have something to quench his thirst" I said under my breath.

"Aren't we all? We have a shit load of dead bodies on our hands, it doesn't really bother me though and I know it doesn't bother you either" Angelo stated and I looked away, he was right.

Angelo followed me upstairs into my bedroom and I went over to my safe before making him turn around. Once I knew he couldn't see I quickly typed in the code and pulled it open and grabbed a four bags of weed out.

"I dropped a bag when I was bringing it in a few days ago outside in the snow. Don't know where the fuck it is or if somebody swiped it, but then again it could be buried under the snow" I said handing it to my cousin.

He pocketed one of the bags before he unzipped the bag he wore on his shoulders and shoved the rest inside as I shut the safe that contained emergency money and a couple of guns.

"You sure that old lady next door ain't grabbed it? She seemed to be in her own world, watering frozen plants and shit when we came over" Angelo said and I squinted my eyes.

"One of these days Rose is just going to take a tumble down the stairs and break a hip" I said under my breath. I rubbed my face while Angelo laughed and looked around my bedroom before he spotted a lighter and grabbed it.

"I'll be downstairs, hurry up and shower so we can go" he said and I looked at him like he was crazy wondering what he had planned.

"Where are we going?" I questioned and he made a face before he walked away as if saying I'd have to wait and see.

Running my hand over my head I shut my bedroom door and locked it before walking into the bathroom. I could've sworn I smelled some weed last night but Ajani swore I was just smelling things, let me find out that old ass bitch was smoking my shit after complaining about it to my wife.

Q Scott

"Is there a reason you're staring at me?" I questioned not even bothering to look over at Riley. He was placing bullets in his gun and was glancing over at me occasionally as I watched Frozen on my phone. He smirked to himself before he tucked his gun away, a FaceTime call from Sincere made my movie pause.

"Why y'all always leaving me behind? I'm always the one that get stuck at the house" Sincere complained and I rolled my eyes. We attempted to take him with us but his over exaggerating ass never wakes up on time and ain't nobody waiting for him to sleep and stall.

"Is there a reason why you called or?" I questioned looking at the time on my phone. I laid back on the bed in the hotel and Sharif went into the bathroom and shut the door. There was an eery feeling about today but I couldn't put my finger on it.

"Nah I was just bored and Ohaji came by looking for you" he explained and I frowned causing him to look at me like I was crazy or something.

"Obviously that would be considered important Sincere. What did he say?" I questioned and he rubbed his chin like he was trying to remember or some shit.

"Something about some business and wanting to know when you'd be back. He said he had a proposition for you if you did him a favor" he said and I thought about what my grandfather might've had in mind.

Sharif came out of the bathroom a few moments later with an entirely different shirt on. He sat on the other bed and folded the shirt up and placed it in the bag before pulling out his phone.

"Did you tell him about what happened yesterday?" Sharif questioned with a yawn and I glanced back at the phone at Sincere who was digging in my fridge not even paying attention to the FaceTime call.

"We went to the restaurant where Ajani and Yoli were eating and some nigga got assassinated right in front of everybody" I said and Sincere looked into the camera.

"Word? Did Johan do it?" He questioned and Sharif laughed loudly. I could see how he'd think that my cousin was reckless as fuck like that.

"Shockingly he wasn't even there it was two other guys. We all hauled ass though, I didn't even have a gun on me so we would've been fucked" I shrugged.

"Your pops says we need to be in Cali by tomorrow morning and that it's time to get serious" Sharif said looking up from his phone.

"Aren't we always serious?" I questioned and he smacked his teeth. Sincere and I talked for a little while longer before I ended the FaceTime call and placed my phone on the charger.

I laid back on the bed and ran my hand over my hair that needed to be cut before propping myself up on my elbows.

"You think I'm wrong for not fucking with New York like that?" I questioned and Sharif glanced up at me.

"No, I don't like them either, nobody does. We have to put up with them though because it's what's good for business" he responded as he typed something on his phone.

I stood up once I heard a knock on the door and went to it glancing out the peephole but I didn't see anybody. By the time I looked over my shoulder, Sharif had put his phone away and he stood up from his spot.

I turned around attempting to walk away from the door when gun shots rung out. I dropped down and army crawled on the floor as Sharif ducked behind the wall.

The only thing I was focused on grabbing was my bag and once I'd got that I couldn't help the smile that took over my face as I pulled it to safety.

My eyes lit up once I unzipped the bag and grabbed the handle of my favorite gun as Sharif pulled me up. The shooting had stopped and he grabbed my arm attempting to stop me from going any further but I snatched away.

"Focus on how we are going to get the security footage from the hotel" I said simple as I checked to see if the gun was loaded.

I heard someone curse before I simply walked over to the door and yanked it open. Two men were arguing about loading a gun like fucking idiots and dropped the bullets when the door opened.

One attempted to take off running and I opened fire on the both of them shooting one of the men in the back of the head and the one closest to the door in the neck.

The door opened from across the hall and I pointed the gun causing a white woman to squeal and shut the door quickly.

I kept the gun I was holding out as I watched the man attempt to drag his body down the hallway slowly and I rolled my eyes and walked after him kicking him with my foot.

I grabbed him by his shirt and flipped him over so I could get a better look at his face as Sharif came out into the hallway and looked at both of the bodies.

"We had to of been followed, how else could the find out where the hotel was?" He questioned and I rubbed my forehead wondering the exact same thing.

I grabbed the mans wallet as he bled out and struggled to speak, he didn't look familiar. Sharif ran back into the room and grabbed our stuff as I looked through the wallet and walked back into the room.

"It's a good thing we didn't check in under our name. Police and security will be up here any second" Sharif sighed.

"What the fuck are they doing to do?" I questioned as he shoved my bag into me. He pushed me towards the elevator while texting someone's number.

"Hey, on our way to the jet let's stop and get a couple gatorades" I said as I was forced onto the elevator.

"What does his wallet say? Any ID?" Sharif questioned and I held it up not knowing who the fuck it was, probably some low income hit man.

"I don't think he's apart of the mob, what do you think?" I questioned in a bored tone as he snatched it from me and gave me a look.

"You can at least act like you care we could be going to jail tonight!" He snapped and I looked him over before sighing.

"I honestly don't, it's not that deep to me" I shrugged and Sharif rubbed his chin growing an idea I assumed.

"Yo lets talk to Ajani and see if she can identify this person before we head to the jet. We gotta be careful though, Mo will probably handle the tape, hopefully"he explained and I agreed and leaned against the wall waiting for the elevator to open.

Who would've been dumb enough to even send people like that to even attempt to take my life, that was so fucking insulting and made this very personal.

California's been a little boring lately, who would've thought that I'd miss shooting people down so much. I obviously took it for granted before, but I wouldn't this time.

Authors Note -

COMMENT & VOTE!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.1K 4.6K 49
BOOK 1 IN THE 'I MARRIED..' series Malachi "Kai" Jacobson, the youngest son of CIA agent Landon Jacobson and former model Monica Martin. He met and f...
34K 922 11
“You’re so dark!” “You blend in with the night” “Girl you need some color” “Aww! She wish she was light skin””You burnt!” Discrimination and Bullying...
1.1K 67 15
After loosing her mother and grandmother and going through traumatic experiences Aaliyah meets KD, her first love they fall in love after he takes...
245 10 10
Egypt is a twenty-one year old college student straight from out of Houston, TX. Being that her mother was murdered at the age of five that left her...