The not so "Nerdy" nerd (NaLu...

By Pupkey

Natsu Dragneel is the smartest student in Fairy Tail Academy and considered the top in all Fiore. He is known... More

IM SO EXITED!!!
Chapter 1: Introducing Natsu
Chapter 2: The meeting
Chapter 3: Interesting...
Chapter 4: The attack
Chapter 5: The mystery savior is... YOU!?
Chapter 6: Let's follow him
Chapter 7: Making friend's...and frenemies
Chapter 8: The competition
Chapter 9: Natsu vs Gray
Chapter 10: The start of a beautiful friendship...kinda
Chapter 11: Getting used to it
Q&A: Ask Pupkey
Chapter 12: Remembering the past
Chapter 13: Our Past 1
Bad News
Chapter 14: Our past 2
Chapter 15: Thinking & Dreaming with pink
Chapter 16: A Basketball tryout? A group project?...and a Queen bee?
Chapter 17: Neighbors
Chapter 18: Hanging with my Frenemie
Chapter 19: Project's and sleepovers
Chapter 20: Admitting our feeling's
Chapter 21: [ You Name it ]
Chapter 22: Got my old dad back
Chapter 23: My...memories and... past?
Chapter 24
Chapter 25: Brothers conflict
Quick question
Chapter 26: Let's confess!
Not an update, but an awesome pic!
Chapter 27: Nakama's and the Black Wizards kidnap
Chapter 28: From friend to rival...at basketball that is
SORRY!!! T^T/ARIGATOU!!! :D
Chapter 29: Tigers vs Fairies
Chapter 30: The game continues
Chapter 31: Our hands, Our master
100 Questions Tag
Read Facts About Me...or else :P
Another tag :D
Chapter 32: Bonus talk
Chapter 33: Best friends are supposed to look out for each-other right?
CELEBRATION!!!
Chapter 34: Mafias
Chapter 35: Luce
Been a while

Chapter 32: From good to bad

5.6K 212 377
By Pupkey

Yo min'na!

Here is the new chap!

By the way, sorry again if this is a bit late. Don't know if I got to say it but I take after school art classes. It used to be only a few days a week but now it has to be the whole week!

Monday to Friday -_- I basically don't have any free time. I get home, rest a bit, eat, do homework if I have any and get dressed for art school. That's my routine after I get out of school.

So sorry if updates get slow!

Either way enjoy!

Tho I think It's a bit bad and hurried I still hope you like!

All rights go to Hiro Mashima!!!
NOT me!!!

------------------------------------------------

Lucy's POV~

Me and Natsu where still silently holding hands. Then I herd sniffling.

"...Ne Luce?" I herd him say in a low voice. "...what if Zeref actually left me?...and what if that letter from my dad was actually a cover up for him leaving?..." He started saying as his voice came more low and broken at each word.

"Natsu." I said letting go of our hands to look at him. As I looked up a small dot of water fell on my cheek surprising me.

"Ara?" I muttered touching it. I looked up shocked to see Natsu with tears streaming down his face.

"...A-am I r-really that b-bad t-that everyone l-leaves me?..." He said thru sobs. I brought him in for an embrace and felt my shirt getting moist from his tears.

We then sat on the grass, still embracing while he sobbed on my shoulder and I rubbed his back for comfort.

"Natsu you're a great person. I don't see why they would leave you like that. And you know how your father and Zeref are. They really love you. Do you really think they would do that?" I said in a soft but stern voice.

"...iie. They wouldn't." He said his sobs getting quieter. He stood up straight ending our embrace and looked at me with a smile. But It was different from the one's I've seen him do. This one was so warm and sweet. Almost, loving. I think.

"I'm always here for you Natsu." I said smiling as well as trying to contain my blush but failed.

"You must think I'm a baby now. Before I found the letter I hadn't cried for ages. But it's like since that letter all my emotions got a bit jagged up. " He said laughing softly his face still moist with fresh tears.

I wiped them away with my hand softly caressing his cheeks.

His eyes widen and he blushed. I then blushed upon seeing him and pulled away.

"...Luce...I need to tell you something." He said hesitantly. I nodded. "...Well I-uh you see...I...I li..." He then stopped and sighed while looking down blushing.

'Is...is he going to confess? Does he actually feel the same?' I thought feeling light headed from to much emotion.

"I...I lied." He said leaving me completely confused." W-when you asked me why I didn't want anyone to see that swimming picture of me that you took."

"O-oh...I-I see." 'It was stupid of me to think that he would actually confess. I bet he doesn't like me. Got my hopes up for nothing. "And what do you mean? It wasn't because you where half naked after all?"

He shook his head and looked at the scenario of the place he took me while I did the same. We where in some kind of open meadow. There was a big clear pond surrounded by grass, flowers and threes. I especially noticed a sakura three in the distance.

"You see..." Natsu started. "...I didn't want anyone to see this side of me because they would stop seeing me as a nerd. I knew that if they found out that I wasn't 'Nerdy' at all, they would start liking me and talking to me just because I wasn't a nerd at all. That in my opinion is messed up. What about all the other nerds? Will they still be ignored?" He said looking at the pond.

"That makes more sense than you being half naked." I said laughing and he joined. "But, they will get talked to. Thanks to you, everyone is giving nerds a chance. They know they where wrong to judge a book by its cover." I said and he smiled at me.

"Yeah. Your right."

"Where are we by the way?"

"Oh. This place is where my dad would take me and Zeref-nii when we where little. We would always play here, have picnics, swim, camp. You name it. Before I was born, my mom would come here with them too. This is actually where my dad confessed to my mom when they where younger. Right under that sakura three. Guess you could call it a family secret."

"Oh. Are you still having memory flashes?"

"Mhm. Almost every night."

"I see. And wait you took me here? I'm pretty sure I'm not family."

"But your someone who I hold really dear. So I guess you're as close as it gets." He said sending me a quick wink. I turned tomato/ baboons butt red.

'Holy ship that looked hot!!!!'

"Then again Gray is someone close to me too." He mumbled thinking i wouldn't hear.

I gave him a mischievous smile.

"Is he now?" He looked at me shocked.

"You tell him I said that, then I won't give you more hugs!!!"

"Admit it. You consider him your best friend. You two hang out more than anyone! He knows you better than anyone of us and you know him too. Heck, he even hangs out in your house-wich by the way he stole the key and enters when he wants."

"That's true. But he's more of a best frenemie and rival. Oh and I know. I actually trusted him with the key. He just says that he stole it and enters when he wants to sound 'cool'. But that only makes him look like a creep." He said laughing a bit.

Then a nice silence fell.

"We should get going" he said getting up and offering a hand.

I took it and he pulled me up.

"Hai. We should probably-KYA!!!"

Me being the klutz I am, tripped over one centimeter grass and fell. I closed my eyes tightly as we fell.

I was gonna say a quick 'ouch' but something was pressed against my lips. 'I don't remember the ground being this soft...or warm.

I opened my eyes to meet wide onyx green eyes staring back at me.

Omg...

...We're kissing right now...

Then we herd some rustling sounds next to us.

"Ara?E-EHH?!?! S-s-s-sumimasen!!!"

We immediately got of each other with similar red faces and looked at the boy who was covering his face while blushing.

"I-it's okay. D-do you n-need something?" I asked awkwardly as the blush stayed in my face and my lips tingled. 'We just freaking kissed!?!??!?! I am so....I DON'T EVEN KNOW!!!!Act natural Lucy.'

The boy uncovered his eyes and nodded.

"I was following Natsu-nii." He pointed to Nastu who looked at him confused his blush nowhere in his face making me feel a bit uneasy.

"Oh. Can I help you with something?"

"Hai. I know who you are since I've seen you in school. I'm in the middle school section but I still see you. Your soooo cool Natsu-nii!" He exclaimed looking up at Natsu who grinned at him.

"Arigatou!"

"Do you have a brother?" He asked.

"Hai."

"Does he wear black clothes and have black hair and eyes?"

"Hai..."Natsu responded getting a bit confused.

"Is your brother's name Zeref?" He asked leaving Natsu straight up confused.

"How do you know all that?"

The boy started searching for something in his backpack and pulled out a phone and some purple headphones.

"He helped me yesterday. He lend me his phone to call my dad. I found this today in an alley and recognized the phone. The screen showed a pic of you and him so I just thought I'd give it to you." He said handing them to Natsu.

Natsu examined them with furrowed eyebrows.

"It's okay if he just drop his phone but his headphones too? That's just weird to drop and forget." He said examining it.

"Oh. I also found this thing close by." The kid said giving Natsu a piece of paper. "I haven't opened it yet so I don't know what it is."

Natsu's POV~

I opened the piece of paper and read it.

'Your job is to capture the Black Wizard. Make sure not to hurt him much. He is our master after all.

M.G.

Then at the end of the letter I saw a familiar mark and name.

"...Tartarus?" I mumbled trying to remember where I had heard the name before. "M...G.?"

"W-what's wrong N-Natsu?" Lucy asked a bit shaken and still blushing. 'I should probably apologize for kissing her accidentally. But man are her lips soft. I'm trying my best to keep my cool and conceal my blush but I'm afraid it might juts blow up. In my face. Bad thing is i don't think i can hold it in for long...That was my first kiss after all.'

"It's just the names in this letter Lucy. These names...their familiar. Tartarus. M.G. I received a letter from this M.G. guy. Or girl."

"Maybe they have some relation. What did the other letter say?" I put my hand in my chin trying to recall.

"...Something about farts and butt's. I think it also mentioned someone's boogers."

"THE HECK!?!?!?" They both yelled in disbelief.

"Well, I'll bring this home with me. Maybe Zeref will come home." I said trying to convince myself.

"Okay then. Do you still w-want me t-to accompany y-you?" Asked Luce looking behind me instead of looking at me while cutely blushing and playing with the end of her skirt.

"Y-yeah. That would be nice."I said turning around as my face exploded into a red color.

"I'm gonna go now. There is too much awkwardness in the air for me. See ya Natsu-nii, Lucy-nee." He said walking away but stopped midway. "The names Romeo by the way." He waved and left.

"W-well I guess we should get going now." I said breaking the awkwardness. Lucy nodded and we started heading back to where my car was.

We didn't say a word to each other the whole walk back. Not even in the ride to her house to get her things and the ride back to my house. We would sometimes glance at each other and lock eye's but turn away immediately.

We got to my house and exited the car. I opened the door to the house for her and we entered.

"T-thanks." She said smiling.I smiled back.

"O-of course." I said entering after her. "Wanna watch some tv? I can make some snacks too." I offered and she nodded.

"Go take a shower first. Don't know if you noticed but you're still wearing your uniform."

"Oh. Right." I said and went to shower.

After I finished she then went in while I got dressed in my room. I was wearing a dark green t-shirt and some grey baggy shorts. I then brushed my wet knotty hair while walking to the living room. I sat down still brushing my hair and termed on the tv.

"Finished." I turned to see Lucy walking down and also brushing her hair. She was wearing a blue tank top with pink stars and short pink pants.

We both looked at each other with our brushes in our hairs.

Then she started laughing.

"N-nani?" I said blushing.

"You brush you hair? I thought boys didn't do that!" She said making me blush even more.

"I-I-I...uh..."

"It's okay. I find that really cute." She said wiping a tear away and then realizing what she said. "I'm g-gonna go make s-some snacks..." she said blushing and walking to the kitchen.

I smiled at her direction. 'She's too cute. Every little action she does, makes me fall in love with her even more.'

I looked back at the tv. After a while she came back with some snacks.

We ate, talked, watched a few movies and had separate conversations. The guys called me and I guess the girls called her. (A/N: I might do a bonus chapter about the conversation! MIGHT!!!)

Oh and talked about music. Apparently her favorite song is Snow Fairy. Just like me. So she sang it. I was too shy too join. In my opinion I don't think I'm good. But her voice was drop dead gorgeous.

After another while she fell asleep in my shoulder.

I picked her up bridal style and carried her to my bed. I looked at her sleeping face and smiled.

"Beautiful" I mumbled placing her in my bed and covering her with a blanket.

I sat down next to her and brushed some her off her face.

"Gomen...That kiss was an accident. But..." I planted a soft lingering kiss on her cheek."...I wouldn't mind that happening again. G'night, Lucy. " I got up and went to the living room plopping myself in the couch.

It was 10:57 so I decided to sleep.

~Dream/Flashback~

"Ne, Onii-chan. Can you help make a club house?" I asked excited as I pulled on my brothers sleeve.

"Okay. Where should we build it?"

"How about in that old rock house that was afandaumed!" I exclaimed pulling him with me to show him the house that was hidden in the forest where we lived.

"Huh? Do you mean abandoned?" He asked chuckling. "You need to correct your grammar Natsu."

"The human language is weird! Humans are weird!"

"Oh. Then what are you?" He asked amusement shown in his face.

I stopped and pointed at myself with a proud look.

"Ima...ETHERIAS!!! I'll make Onii-chan's wishes come true!"

"Is that so?" He said chuckling and smiling sweetly."How do you plan to do that?"

"The club house!!! Me and your friends that you write about will make them happen! No matter what!" I said confidently and hugged him.

"Arigatou. How will you name this club house?"

"How bout...uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...Tartar sauce...?"  I thought holding my chin. "Tartaruce...Tartaruc...Tartarus...Oh yeah Tartarus!!!"

"Did you really made that up by using the word tartar sauce?" He sweat dropped.

"I'll be the master!" I said ignoring what he said.

"You can be called...E.N.D.! Etherias Natsu Dragneel." He exclaimed happily. I looked at him with joyful eyes.

"That's so cool!!! Onii-chan is smart!!!"

"Is that something you would say to a human?" He smirked.

"You have to have a name too!" I pouted."Even Otou-san is a fire dragon! You're the only one without a title now."

"How about...the Black Wizard!"

"Ohhh that fits you well Zeref-nii!!!"

"Un! Lets keep going to the club house. Kay?" He asked extending his hand. I took it with a smile.

"Hai!"

~End of dream/Flash back~

I woke up breathing heavily and sweating. I jolted up and clenched my chest out of pain.

"Oi Natsu! What's wrong?" I looked at Gray who was looking at me.

He kept talking but my mind drifted off with thoughts.

'If that was another flashback and Zeref's the Black Wizard...then that letter meant...'

I started panicking and my breathing became faster as I clenched my chest. It started getting hard for me to breath.

"Natsu get a hold of yourself!!! Where are your medications?" He asked with a calm voice but panic and worry was notable in his face.

I looked at the kitchen cab nit and he took off and grabbed them. He knelled in front of me and prepared an injection.

He pressed it against my abdomen and slowly I started calming down. He then gave me some pills and water.

"There. Now what's wrong? I just came in to grab my ice pops from the fridge and saw you having another one of your attack problem things! What's wrong?"

"The-they..." I stuttered making him frustrated and impatient.

"They what?!"

"THEY KIDNAPPED ZEREF-NII!!!"

------------------------------------------------

Sooooo? How was it?

I think it was pretty good!

I did it extra long for you guys. It was supposed to be a Valentine's Day gift but I kinda got busy!

Remember to CoLiFo!

God bless!

Ja ne!

Why are you scrolling down?

Are you expecting something else?

Too bad then huh? ^-^

Ja ne!

You still scrolling down?

Dude, stop. There ain't no more to read!

Still haven't left? What are you waiting for? What is it that you want?

Oh yeah!!!!!! I almost forgot about Zeref's situation!!!!!!

My bad~~~~ \(^·^)/ (>~<)

I'm gonna make it a bit short tho! 

Hope you don't mind!

Zeref's POV~

"Z-Zeref?" I looked at the man in front of me in shock. The red hair. The onyx green eyes. There was no denying it. It was the man I called father. I glared at him.

"What is he doing here?"

"We have had him captive for a while now. We found him and found out that he ran away from his house and left his son's alone. I'll leave you here to talk to him Zeref-sama." She bowed and left.

I kept my eyes on him.

"Don't listen to her son. She's lying. I would nev-"

"Silence." I said in a dark voice while holding his face. "You left me in that prison. You left Natsu all alone in the house and didn't remind him of me. You abandoned us without saying a word." I hissed tears streaming down my face.

"Son I-" I punched him.

"Don't call me your son. You're a disgrace as a father for leaving your children like that."

"How's Natsu? Did he find him?" He asked sitting down again.

"He's fine. He doesn't need you tho. He has me now."

"You actually found him?! Did he give you the lette-" I interrupted him with kick.

"Silence. You have no right to talk about him." I said crouching down to his level and smiling. " I wonder if I should finish you of myself?" I said making his eyes go wide and tears form in his eyes.

"Z-Zeref...what happened?"

"You left that's what happened. I'll leave you alone for now. But take a god look at this. This is what you made!" I said pointing at myself as I exited. "Ja ne. Igneel."

Igneel's POV~

"Ja ne Igneel." I watched him in pain as he left.

"My son. I'm so sorry I made you become like that. Natsu didn't find the letter. I messed up. I regret leaving you. So much. I only wanted justice for you my boy. "I glanced over at the door.

"I love you. Zeref, Natsu. I will get you back."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.2K 1.5K 42
Natsu Dragneel has officially announced that Lisanna and him were finally together. Feeling rejected and heartbroken, Lucy Heartfilia runs away from...
121K 3.2K 11
Lucy Heartfilia is the new nerd at Fairy Tail Academy. Natsu Dragneel, rich and the captain of the basketball team, is the most popular guy in the sc...
267K 9.5K 30
Lucy Heartfillia is a young and beautiful girl. She is an elite general of the capital army of Magnolia. She has a caring father, friends, and is ve...
110K 2.3K 37
Natsu Dragneel, the most popular boy in Fiore High. Getting into trouble with his little gang, 'The Dragon Slayers'. He has a reputation of dating gi...