Popular Meets Unpopular

By danceforever456

Julianne Banks is captain of the cheerleading team and the most popular girl in school. So, when the coach o... More

Great Day-1
Tutor-2
Not Nice-4
New People-5
New Friend-6
Amends-7
Strange-8
Talking It Out-9
Concern-10
Surprised-11
Only Trouble-12
Party Hardy-13
Words-14
Telling-15
Night Out-16
Seems Crazy-17
Back When-18
Issues-19
Shock-20
Tension-21
Time to Plan-22
Help-23
Boys-24
Decide-25
Competition-26
Birthday Pt. 1-27
Birthday Pt. 2-28
Say It-29
The Call-30
Selfish-31
Fix You-32
Epilogue

You Talk A Lot-3

8K 186 171
By danceforever456

That's Grant up there ^^

____

"1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8!" I counted, as the music started to play right after.

This is the dance we have been practicing for competition for a while now. I went full out as I transitioned to my spot. I made my way to the single base and he went to lift me but I guess his hand slipped and he dropped me but thankfully caught me.

"Topher!" I complained. "You can't mess up this is for competition."

The music stopped and he ran a hand through his hair. "I'm sorry I thought you were doing a double twist."

Coach made her way over to us. "No excuses, Topher. Get it right next time. The first is a single twist the next one is a double twist, got it?"

He nodded. "Yes, ma'am."

She gave him a thumbs up and walked back over to the radio. "Back from the beginning!"

I walked back to my spot from the beginning and I looked at coach to see if she was ready. She nodded at me.

"1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8!"

_______

I wiped off my sweat as I was changing out of my practice uniform and into something less sweaty. Some girls were taking showers but I was gonna wait until I got home.

"Hey, Jules," I turned around and saw Sarah.

I gave a closed-mouth smile. "Hey."

She ran a brush through her wet hair. "You gonna go with us to the mall?"

Then Amber came over, "Yeah, you comin'?"

I shook my head as I pulled my shirt over my head. "I can't today guys. Today's my tutoring day, I told you guys."

Sarah frowned. "Yeah, but you can skip, right? I mean, you have other days you can get tutored."

I scrunched my eyebrows. "No, I can't, this is serious." I put my clothes and my pom-poms in my bag and put the strap on my shoulder. "Sorry, guys, but maybe another day."

She crossed her arms. "Fine, then we'll just ask someone else." and then she walked away with Amber following.

I frowned and began making my way out of the dressing room. Did she not understand that I needed to do this or I would get kicked off the team? I mean, she should because I told her about it.

I walked out the gym and checked my phone and saw I still had ten minutes before the tutoring session. I looked up and I saw Grant sitting on the floor against the wall on his phone.

I slowly stopped walking towards the exit and made my way to him.

I stopped in front of him and kicked his foot. "Hey, what are you doing?"

He looked up from his phone, startled by me. "Oh, you're out." He put his phone in his pocket and stood up.

"Why are you here?"

He pointed at me. "Because I realized that I have no clue where you live. And I don't have your number so, I couldn't text you and then I remembered that you said you had cheerleading practice today so, I decided to wait on you."

I shook my head at him. "Wow, a lot comes out of your mouth."

He rolled his eyes and pushed my shoulder towards the door. "Shut up and let's go."

I chuckled and walked out the door with him following.

I pulled into my driveway and so did Grant. I grabbed my bag from the passenger seat and I went to open my door but it was already open with Grant holding the door. I raised my eyebrows at how nice he was being.

He had one hand on his hip. "I'm actually not surprised by the size of your house."

And it goes down the drain.

I got out of the car and he closed the door and we made our way to my front door. "What?"

He put his hand out. "I mean, I knew you were rich. Look at the car you drive! And now, your house. I was right."

My house was a simple three story house. It wasn't as big as he was making it out to be.

I put the key in the lock and pushed the door open. "And again, a lot comes out of your mouth."

He shrugged as he followed me to the kitchen. "But I was still right."

I shrugged. "I can't help it my parents have good jobs."

He went to say something but I stopped him. "Anyways, wait here while I go put my stuff in my room. And if you don't mind, I need to take a really quick shower."

He groaned. "Julianne."

I ran upstairs as I yelled, "Really
quick!"

After taking the super quick five minute shower that I had to take, I headed back downstairs in a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. I kept my trigonometry book, a pencil, my notes, and extra paper.

"I'm back!"

He lifted his head from the table, giving me a once-over and then looking away. "Good. I was about to raid your fridge."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "It's a good thing I came back then." I walked over to the fridge and opened it. "No, but seriously if your hungry you can have something."

He stood up and made his way beside me. "Um, okay, can I have something to drink too?"

I walked back to the table, setting my stuff down. "Yep, go crazy. There's some stuff in the cabinets too."

A minute later, he came to the table with a Lil Debbie snack and a soda.

"Are you satisfied?" I asked.

He nodded. "Very."

I took out my notes that we took today and the day before and pointed at all the red highlighted things. "So, you see all the red? That's everything I'm confused on."

He grabbed my notes causing our fingers to brush for a second. I pulled my hand back not expecting that to happen.

I looked at him and he just seemed to ignore it, looking over my notes. I rubbed at my fingers, frowning, completely disliking what just happened.

He raised his eyebrows, looking at me. "This is a lot of red."

I looked away. "Yeah, I just get confused a lot, I guess."

He set the notes from yesterday down on the table. "Okay, let's start with this one."

I nodded.

"Okay, you see this word?" I looked at the paper and saw he was pointing at a word that said cosine. "Well, do you see the example you wrote down, it has an angle of one-twenty, negative one-twenty, and two-forty. Which one do you think it would be?"

He covered the answer that was with the example and I sighed, looking at the paper confused. "Uh, the bigger number?"

He shook his head, removing his hand. "Nope, it's actually the angle of one-twenty."

I scrunched my eyebrows, leaning closer to the paper. "How?"

"Because," I heard him right next to my ear. "the cosine is always no bigger than zero to one-eighty. So," he pointed to the top of the angle. "it would be one-twenty."

I looked up at him and saw that he was looking at the paper but then he looked at me when he noticed me looking at him.

I looked back to the paper, backing up a little. "Uh, can you explain some more, please?"

He nodded and then he went into more detail about some more complicated things but as he began to break it down and explain it more I slowly started to understand.

He gave me five questions to practice on but by then my brain was fried.

I groaned. "Can't I take a break?"

He shook his head. "We don't have time to take a brea-"

I interrupted him by grabbing his arm. "Grant, please?"

He gave in and I let go of his arm. "Fine but only for five minutes."

I smiled. "That's all I need."

I stood up and got me a granola bar and a water bottle from the fridge and sat back down at the table.

"So," I started. "are you dating anyone?"

I was just curious to ask. I mean, because he's not bad looking and he's really smart so, I was just curious.

He gave me a confused look. "What?"

I rolled my eyes. "You know, like, a girlfriend, a lover, a soulmate, a compani-"

He put his hand over my mouth. "Yes, I get it." He took his hand away from my mouth. "But no, I don't."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Why?"

He shrugged. "I just...don't."

I thought about it. "Maybe it's because you're so sarcastic all the time. Girls don't like that."

He waved that off. "To hell with them, then."

I pushed his shoulder. "Hey, I'm a girl, too."

He gasped with fake surprise. "Really? I didn't know."

I raised my eyebrows and pointed my finger at him. "There you go again. "

He chuckled, putting his hands up. "I'm sorry, I can't help it."

I bit into my granola bar as he started to speak. "Well, no need to tell me if you're dating anyone I already know and so does the whole school."

I swallowed my granola bar and scrunched my nose. "No need to say it like that." I mumbled.

His eyes widened. "Oh, I'm sorry, did I offend you? Maybe, you should ask your dickhead of a boyfriend about that."

I got annoyed. "Don't talk about him like that. Who are you to speak?"

He gave me a sarcastic laugh. "Are you calling me a dickhead?"

I clenched my jaw. "Yes, I am."

He narrowed his eyes. "You don't know me."

I shrugged. "I know enough."

He scoffed. "Oh, really? Would this 'dickhead' be helping you stay on the cheerleading team?"

I widened my eyes. "How do you know about that?"

He shrugged. "Things get around."

I put my hands over my face, leaning my elbows on the table. "Ugh, I didn't want anyone knowing about it. Now, people are really gonna think I'm just some ditzy blonde."

There are some people in the school that just don't like me and they think I'm just some ditzy blonde cheerleader that cares about nothing but herself, which is not true.

"Hey," he grabbed my hands from my face, speaking softly. "You are not just some ditzy blonde."

I looked back at him as he squeezed my hand in a comforting way. "You shouldn't care what other people think about you."

I seemed to forget all about what just happened and I started staring at him as he stared back. His eyes were a chocolate brown mixed with a little green and I noticed he had a mole near his chin that I didn't notice before.

Next thing, I know I hear the front door to my house open and he lets go of my hand, backing away.

I start to remember what my mom said yesterday and think it's her about to walk in the kitchen. But I turn around to see who it is and see my dad walk in.

I raised my eyebrows. "Oh, hey, dad. What are you doing home?"

He had on his black suit, holding his suitcase. He looked between Grant and I, looking confused. "I just had to come back to get a few files."

I nodded as he came to stand by me putting his hand on my shoulder. He nodded towards Grant. "Who's he?"

I motioned towards him. "This is Grant, my tutor."

He scrunched his eyebrows at him. "You're helping my daughter?"

He nodded, seeming nervous. "Yes, sir."

"You're teaching my daughter?"

"Yes, sir."

"You like my daughter?"

I stopped him from answering. "Okay, dad, that's enough, you can go now." I said, shooing him away.

"Alright, alright," he kissed my forehead. "Be good, pumpkin."

He went upstairs and both of us let out a sigh of relief.

Grant started shaking his head. "Your dad is very intimidating."

I heard my dad yell from upstairs. "Damn right, I am!"

Grant flinched but yelled back. "But not in a bad way!"

"Damn right, it's not!"

I laughed at my dads immaturity and so did Grant. I loved my dad but when it came to boys being around me he became very overprotective and it got super irritating. He was the same way with Brett and he still is having problems trusting him, for some reason.

Grant clapped his hands together. "Anyways, enough of that and back to work."

I groaned. "Fine."

Thirty minutes later and the tutoring was over. I was walking Grant to the front door. "Well, thanks for this."

We stopped at the front door and he turned around to me. "You keep saying."

I nodded. "Yeah because you really are saving my ass so, again thank you."

He smiled. "You're welcome."

He went to open the door but I stopped him. "Wait," he turned towards me. "and I didn't mean it when I called you a dickhead."

He chuckled. "Yeah, I figured. I'm pretty awesome."

I rolled my eyes but smiled. "Whatever," I widened my eyes when I remembered something. "Oh! Wait here."

He gave me a confused look. "Are you trying to keep me here?"

I scrunched my face. "You wish."

I went to the kitchen and wrote my number on a piece of paper and then went back to him.

I handed the paper to him. "Here's my number, just in case you need anything to be fixed with the schedule of tutoring."

He nodded slowly and took it from me. "Okay, well, I'll see you later. Goodnight."

I waved to him. "Goodnight."

And then he was out the door.

A/N:

Heyyy, guys, I hope you like Grant because I do!

Comment and tell me what you think, I love you guy's feedback!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

282K 10.4K 20
Remy Rutherford and Milo Young hate each-other. No, hate isn't even the right word. Despise? Loathe? I don't think there is a word to describe their...
510K 25.9K 59
"Who do you think you are? You are just some nerd." He sneered at me, looking down at me like he already owned this place. I chuckled at his ignoranc...
182K 4.3K 69
Jo Carter, is a teenage girl that lives in New York, she's sarcastic, funny and not your typical girly-girl type but she's a bad bitch for sure. She...
254K 10.2K 43
"You signed me up for what?" I shrieked at her. My best friend, who had volunteered me to test a new game that she wanted to make videos out of. A ga...