Maybe Forever (Book 1 in Nemi...

By NickNemiDemi

PART 1 OF FOREVER SERIES: Nick & Demi became best friends shortly after meeting. They grew up together, share... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 28 (Nick's POV)
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31 (Final Chapter)
Epilogue
To readers

Chapter 26

6.9K 155 9
By NickNemiDemi

Demi 

It was really hard to sleep, knowing Nick was just down the hall. I wanted to go lay in bed with him, feel his arms around me. I felt safe in his arms. I would surely fall asleep then. I refrained, however. I didn't want to ruin our day together if he was weirded out by me crawling into his bed. I fell asleep eventually & dreamed of Nick. My dream wasn't a good one. In my dream, I told Nick I was in love with him & he laughed & then patted the top of my head & said, "One more girl telling me they love me. That's cute." What if that is how he reacted? I mean he gets girls telling him they love him all the time. I woke up with a bad feeling & hoped this feeling would go away. I was suddenly overcome with fear. I was so afraid Nick would reject me. I got up & took a shower. 

After I showered & got dressed in comfy clothes, I headed to my kitchen. Nick's door was still closed when I passed it, so I figured he was still sleeping. When I got to the kitchen, Nick was there, leaning on my counter, playing with his phone. There were bagels & pastries on a plate beside him, along with two Starbucks cups. He looked so hot with his back muscles facing me, taunting me through his tight shirt. His bicep was flexed as he held his phone. He seemed oblivious that I was there so I cleared my throat. He jumped, stood up straight & turned toward me, smiling. He was wearing khaki shorts & a white sleeveless tee shirt. God, he looked amazing in white, with his dark features & tan skin. 

I walked to the counter & saw one of the cups with my name on it. I picked it up & looked up at him. "Is this for me?" I asked, smiling. 

"I don't know another Demi." He grabbed his cup & took a drink. "Green iced tea, right?" 

"You remembered?" I was surprised. We hadn't had Starbucks together in forever. 

"Of course." He shrugged like it was the most basic thing. "I got some bagels & pastries, too, since I'm not much of a chef. Besides, I don't know where any of your kitchen stuff is." He laughed. 

"It's a veg out day, so pastries & bagels are just what I need." I took a sip of my tea. Not sure if it was because Nick bought it for me, but this was the best tea I had ever had from Starbucks. "You must have gotten up early." 

"Not too early. I got up about 9. It's almost eleven, Love." He watched me out of the corner of his eyes as he took another swig of his drink. "You sure did sleep in." 

I leaned my back on the counter. "I needed that." 

"Yea, we all need that once in awhile." Nick leaned on the counter beside me. Our arms were touching. "So what's on the agenda today, D?" 

"Whatever we want." I smiled at the floor. My thoughts were suddenly turning dirty. I imagined making love to Nick all day long. I felt myself getting warm when I thought about never leaving my bed. I could spend all day feeling him touch me, kiss me or hold me. I snapped myself out of my R rated dream. "What do you want to do?" 

Nick's face turned serious. "Um. Let's just roll with it. First, we'll take our carbs & our Starbucks out on your terrace & enjoy this beautiful day with each other." He gave me a wink & a smile as he grabbed both of our drinks. 

"That sounds awesome." I grabbed the plate of carbs & headed to my terrace. Nick pulled out my chair & then sat beside me. There were four chairs, so the fact that he sat beside me was a good sign. Signs... I would be looking for them all day. 

Nick & I talked & laughed while we ate & finished our drinks. We could absolutely talk about anything & everything. He really was my best friend. If we started to date, would it always be like this? Would things change between us? We have never disagreed or argued really. I don't count the time I said nasty things to him because that wasn't the real me. We always seem to be on the same page whenever we were together. I suddenly got scared that it wouldn't be like this if we were together as a couple. My mind was going to piss me off. It wouldn't shut up. My brain kept thinking of the 'what if's,' while my heart just wanted Nick.  

After we ate, Nick suggested we watch television. We got comfortable in my family room. I didn't have a family, but that's what I called it anyway. It was the room I spent most of my time in. It had a huge, plush couch & a big screen tv. My guitars were there in a corner, as well as my keyboard. Nick, of course, had to pick up my guitar, and play a few chords before he sat down on the couch. 

"I remember when you & I bought those guitars together. Matching." He laughed. "It's definitely my favorite. My first love." 

I threw myself on the opposite side of the couch & put my feet up so they were inches from his thigh. "Yea. It's a good one." 

Nick looked at my feet & smiled. "Your feet are so cute." 

I blushed & pulled my feet closer to me. "Ew. Don't look at my feet." 

He laughed. "Why not?" 

"They're feet. I don't know." 

"Feet don't bother me. I used to rub Delta's all the time." 

My heart dropped as he mentioned her name. I felt sad. Maybe he wasn't over her. "That girl probably had gorgeous feet." 

Nick shrugged. "They were alright. Yours are just as nice, if not nicer." He smiled at me as he leaned on the arm of my couch. His hand came up to the back of his head & he leaned on it.  

My face got serious. "Do you miss her?" 

Nick's lips came together & he glanced away briefly. "Sometimes. But it's mostly her friendship that I miss. She was a great girl & we had a lot of fun together. I miss that. But today I have you." 

I smiled. "And you are over her since it's after the fifteenth." 

He laughed. "Yep." He watched me for a few seconds & then I turned away to grab the remote. I turned on the tv & started flipping through channels. I could see out of the corner of my eye that Nick was still watching me. Then his head turned to the tv, slowly. My legs stretched back out so my feet were barely touching his bare leg. 

Suddenly, Nick smacked my foot. "Wait. Go back. I just saw something about Les Mis." 

I scrolled through the channels & saw the 25th Anniversary concert for Les Mis was on. It was the one that Nick was in. It was almost over. "You want to watch yourself?" 

Laughing, he said, "I wasn't sure what it was. Did you like it?" 

"I haven't seen it yet." 

Nick grabbed my feet, shook them & stared at me. I looked at him, smiling. "What do you mean you haven't seen it yet? You didn't buy the dvd?" 

"I did, actually." I said as I sat up a little more. "I just haven't gotten around to watching it, yet." 

"I can't believe it. You call yourself a friend?" 

"Let's watch it now." I suggested. 

"No, that's okay. I wouldn't want to bore you." Nick sat back & stuck his lower lip out. Damn, I have never wanted to nibble on a lip so bad before. 

"Stop it. I want to." I got up, went to where my dvd's were & grabbed the concert. I put it in my dvd player & sat on the couch beside Nick. I leaned on him a little & pressed play. I looked at him & he was smiling at me.  

"I hope you like it." he said. 

"I'll love it." I knew I would love it. I didn't want to tell Nick that the reason I hadn't watched it before was because I worried seeing him with Samantha or kissing the other girl, would make me relapse. It seemed to me, now, as a stupid reason, but I was fragile for quite a while. 

I was in awe watching Nick in this performance. He was amazing. His voice was flawless & he seemed right at home on that stage with all those phenomenal actors. At some point I snuggled in closer to Nick so about halfway through the concert, our heads were really close. I could feel his breath on my cheek. I could feel his heartbeat. His arm was actually behind me on the back of my couch. I wanted to grab his hand & bring his arm around my shoulders, but I didn't. Once in awhile, I would ask him questions about the story or the performance & sometimes about the actors themselves. I tried not to ask questions about Samantha.  

When I saw Nick's character kiss Cosette, I felt a pang of jealousy. Then I got warm, imagining it was me he was kissing. When Eponine died, I cried. Nick put his arm around my shoulder, hand resting on my arm & pulled me close. "You okay?" 

I nodded, wiping my eyes.. We watched the rest of the concert in silence. When it was over, I sat up & moved to the edge of the couch. I looked back at Nick, who was watching me. "That was amazing. You were amazing. I really wish I would have seen you in London." 

Nick rubbed my back, gently. "Well at least you finally watched it. And thank you for saying I was amazing. It means a lot to hear you say that." He stared at me, grinning. I was feeling something inside me stir so I better change the subject.

"I'm hungry. Are you hungry?" I asked.  

"Yea. I need to eat. I think my sugar is getting low." 

I jumped up, concerned. "Oh my God. Let's get some food in you." 

"It's okay. I feel fine. I just know when it's coming." 

I held out my hand & he stared at it for a few minutes before he took it. I pulled him up off the couch & we headed to my kitchen. I found us some frozen pizzas to cook & we talked about Les Mis while they cooked. As we ate the pizzas, we laughed & talked some more. I was having such an amazing time. I didn't want this day to end. I even forgot about divulging my feelings to Nick for a little while. I was starting to think I wasn't going to say anything. I hadn't had a sign since this morning.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 84 23
Mark and Meredith are siblings. To them it's all about jewelries but something good come out of them. Read to find out ❗️Disclaimer ❗️ I didn't write...
230K 5.6K 33
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
21K 367 38
Michelle Jones has always been alone and friendless, her life completely free of troubles and drama other than the voices in her head and life at hom...
784K 31K 42
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...